• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,491 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,491

Chapter Fifteen:Spike The Knight, Part One

Distorted World
Chapter 15-Spike The Knight, Part One

Without hesitation, Spike kicked the door open. Fluttershy and Spike were unprepared for what was inside the room. Twilight was facedown on the floor, lying in a pool of her own blood. Spike ran up to her, and felt through her bloodstained fur for a pulse. It was as he feared, there wasn't one.

The warm blood now covered his hands, as he looked up at the ceiling and screamed, "Nooooo!"

Fluttershy approached him slowly, laying a hoof on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. "This isn't your fault, Spike. Are you listening?" She said, quietly.

Spike shrugged her hoof off of him, shaking his head. "It is, too! I didn't make it in time to save her!" He was no longer listening to her.

All of his friends advanced towards him. "Why would you do this, Spike? We believed in you!"

"Spike? Spike! Answer me, please!" Fluttershy called, trying her best to get his attention.

At the sound of her voice, Spike snapped out of it. "What happened?" He asked, in confusion.

"You just spaced out, staring at that door!"

The door had a black oval above it, a charm to control the door. It apparently, led to your worst nightmare.
Spike explained what he had seen to her, and she was horrified. "Oh, Spike, that's terrible! I hope that it doesn't come true!"

"Yeah, me too."

Spike jumped up and broke the gem on the door, deactivating it. When he opened the door, for real this time, a large room was inside. Spike recognized it, as the throne room where the Princesses usually were. The room was empty besides the thrones, and a pony tied up against the wall. The presence of that particular pony proved, more than anything else, that what he had seen before, from the pool of blood, to his friends was an illusion.

"Twilight! We're coming to rescue you!" Spike ran forward, faster than Fluttershy.

The pegasus noticed that Twilight's surprised look, change to panic. "Spike, look out!" Fluttershy yelled, but it was too late.

The dragon collided face-first into an electric shield. He was electrocuted and thrown backwards, landing at Fluttershy's hooves. Both Fluttershy and Twilight winced.

"I'm sorry, Spike, but I tried to warn you."

"Yeah, I know." The dragon got to his feet, unharmed.

Laughter echoed through the room, as their enemy appeared, sitting on Celestia's throne with his head propped up on his lion paw.

"The game's over, Discord! We win!" Spike declared.

"Yes, unfortunately. You cheated, though, so that means that I win, and you're mine!" Discord argued, blowing a raspberry at the two.

"Um, you weren't going to let us go, either way, were you?" Fluttershy realized.

"That is correct, Fluttershy."

"It doesn't matter anyway, because we aren't going down, without a fight!" Spike proclaimed, determined to do whatever it takes.

"Are you sure about this?" Fluttershy asked. It seemed a little risky to her.

"Don't worry about it. I promised myself that I would do whatever it takes, to protect you and save Twilight. Surely, you know how important the 'Dragon Code' is, to a dragon! But, in case I don't come back, I-I love you, Fluttershy." Spike kissed her on the lips, and she returned it.

"I love you too, Spike."

"Now, let's go somewhere where we can fight in private!" Discord said, snapping his fingers.

They blinked out of the room, leaving Fluttershy alone with Twilight.

The two mares exchanged concerned looks, not sure what to do about the situation.