• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,492 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,492

Chapter Fourteen:Infiltrating The Fortress

Distorted World
Chapter 14-Infiltrating The Fortress

Spike was busy inspecting the gate to find a way in, when Fluttershy decided to voice her thoughts.

"Spike, I-I'm scared. What's going to happen to us?" Fluttershy wondered, trying hard to be brave.

Spike turned to face her. "I'm going to be honest with you, Shy'. I don't know what will happen, and I can't guarantee that we'll make it out alive. I DO know, however, that I won't go down without a fight, and I will give my life to protect you, if it comes to that." Spike declared, determined.

Fluttershy was taken aback by his seriousness and blushed, since nopony had ever acted like they cared about her THAT much, before. "Thank you, Spike." She whispered, timidly.

A clicking noise could be heard, as the dragon fiddled with the lock on the gates, until a louder click was heard. Once the lock was picked, thanks to his claws, the gates swung open, with the push of a hand. Having infiltrated the fortress, they reached the front door, and to their surprise, it opened by itself, allowing them entry. The door slammed shut behind them, leaving them in total darkness.

Being a dragon, Spike's eyes adjusted before Fluttershy's did, and he noticed a brown object at his feet. He lightly kicked it with his foot, and it rolled along the ground for a few feet until it hit a wall, causing a 'clunk' noise to travel through the hall.

"Ahh! What was that?" Fluttershy whisper-screamed, her pupils darting in all directions, looking for the source of the noise.

"Shhh, calm down, Fluttershy. It's just me." Spike assured, as he picked up the object.

The surface of it was rough, almost wooden-like, so he assumed that it was a torch. Unbeknownst to Fluttershy, Spike had learned a few new tricks, and he was about to use one. Most ponies that have seen a dragon know that they can breathe fire, but what most of them don't realize, is that they can do much more with fire than just breathing it. Spike snapped his fingers, and a green flame appeared at his fingertips. He switched the torch to his right hand, which was aflame, and the fire raced up the wood until it reached the top of it, where it lit up the torch. Fluttershy gasped at the sudden flash of light, as the darkness shifted out of the way of the flaming object.

Spike simply stated, "That's better! How can I protect you, if I can't see you?"

"Um, how did you do that?"

"Well, long story short, I went on a journey not too long ago, and learned about some tricks that dragons can do." Spike explained.

"I see. Do you think that maybe, you could tell me about it, sometime?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy, but I'm not supposed to tell anypony about it, on orders from the Princesses. Oops! I wasn't supposed to tell you that." Spike covered his mouth, but thought about it, for a moment.

"Pretty please!" Fluttershy pleaded, batting her eyelashes at him with big eyes.

"Aw, okay. I guess, I could make an exception for my special somepony. I'll tell you, after this is all over."

"You could write a book about it." Fluttershy suggested.

"Now that I think about it, it would make an AWESOME bedtime story!" Spike admitted. It was certainly, an epic tale.

Fluttershy insisted that they hold hands, afraid of being lost. "I don't like it here." Fluttershy whispered. She had always been afraid of the dark.

"I know what you mean. I feel like I'm in one of those horror films, where somepony or something will jump out of the darkness. It doesn't feel right." Spike agreed, as the torch illuminated everything for several feet in each direction.

They had no idea how long they had been walking, or how far away from the front door, they were. It seemed like an endless maze of hallways that all looked the same. They soon arrived at a door, though, which had light spilling out from under it.

Spike reached up to turn the knob, but Fluttershy stopped him. "Don't, Spike. There might be somepony in there. Maybe, even Discord could be inside."

"Yeah, you're right, Shy'. I wonder who's in there, though?" Spike pondered.

His question was answered, as a voice could be heard inside. "No, stop! Ahh!"

"Twilight?" Spike said, incredulously.