• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,633 Views, 106 Comments

The Light Brought Out - Homeless-Jmart



After she wakes up in an unknown location Rainbow Dash finds she is going to be killed by her... best friend? One single accident and everything that was to follow.

  • ...
7
 106
 3,633

The Perception Concept

The Light Brought Out

Chapter 3: The Perception Concept

"Wait how, what, ugh my head hurts." Applejack said a migraine setting in. "A-Ah saw Pinkie bring down a knife on you how are you here?"

"Look it seems we all have some explaining to do, so please untie Pinkie and let us tell you what happened." Rainbow Dash said "Ah don't know about this, but seeing as you are still alive Ah guess Ah'll listen." Applejack said beginning to untie the knots.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Oh! Ah see now, so you to are, lovebirds." Applejack said teasingly. "Yea, I mean I guess so, right?" Dash said looking towards Pinkie who nodded. "Alright now its your turn to explain how you knew what happened."

"Alright well Ah was coming to deliver a wagon of apples the Cakes ordered to Pinkie. When Ah got here she wasn't in the shop so Ah started looking around. Then Ah herd a muffled shout come from the door leading to the basement. So Ah tip hoofed about a forth of the way down so Ah could just barely see what was going on. Then Ah saw Pinkie had you strapped to a table. Before Ah could do anything Ah saw the knife being brought down towards your neck and from my angle it looked like Pinkie impaled you with it. So Ah ran as quietly Ah could out of the basement and Ah hid outside to wait for her to come out.

Then Ah had her tied up and Ah was mad thinking she killed you so Ah said some things Ah regret now and Ah should've let Pinkie explain but I was scared, and I'm glad y'all are ok."

"I'm sorry for what I did Applejack and trust me I never want to do it again." Pinkie said "That's why I was going outside, I was going to get professional help from Twilight."

"Well I'll tell ya what I promise that I won't tell anyone, as long as you don't want me to." Applejack responded.

"Oh, thank you for being such a dear friend, Applejack." Pinkie said wrapping her in a tight embrace. "Aw shucks sugar cube there isn't a need to thank me that's what friends are for." Applejack responded. "Alright" Dash said "ready to try this again?"

"Yup I'm ready to go to Twilight's house!" Pinkie responded eagerly.

"Um Pinkie?" said Applejack "Yea?" Pinkie responded "Well Ah was wondering if maybe I could help you too?" "You do, well how so?" Pinkie asked.

"Well ya know Sweet Apple Acres is quiet and peaceful so Ah thought if you need a quiet place to relax you're always welcome. It's the least I could do for ya considering my ambush on ya earlier."

Oh thank you so much, but I was wondering, could Dashie come with me?" Pinkie asked.

"Well you seem so happy and relaxed with her around, so of course she can."

"You're right Applejack I don't think I could be happier when she is around me." Pinkie said smiling at her marefriend "Well Ah had better get back to the farm, Ah'll see you two lovebirds later." Applejack said as she trotted out of the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"So what now?" Pinkie asked

"Well it's a bit too late to go to Twilight's house, but I do have an idea for what we could do." Dash grinned at Pinkie. "Really! Is it something fun? Pinkie asked. "Yea it's really fun. I'm used to it but I don't think you do it to often. Come on." she said grabbing Pinkie's hoof and leading her outside.

"Isn't it beatuiful?" Dash asked looking up to Luna's night sky. "Yea it really is." Pinkie said staring at the sky. "You know, I wasn't talking about the sky." Dash said smiling at Pinkie who returned it with one of hers.

Pinkie leaned in hopeing to get a kiss but Dash didn't. "Not so fast." Dash said. "This isn't what I wanted to show you." "Oh Dashie, you don't have to try so hard to please me." Pinkie responded still kind of embarrassed for getting shot down after trying to kiss her.

Then Pinkie felt her that hooves were no longer touching the ground. "Whoa!" Pinkie exclaimed as she realized she was on Dash's back. "What are you doing Dashie?"

"You know you're supprisingly light for a earth pony."

"Thanks!" Pinkie said taking that as a compliment.

"Alright you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"Ready for this!" Dash said as she spread her wings and shot into the sky.

"Ahhhhh! Actually no I wasn't!" she screamed as she wrapped her hooves around her chest, her eyes sealed.

"Come on Pinkie you need to see this." Dash said. "See what?" Pinkie said opening her eyes slowly then her eyes widened as she saw the breathtaking view above and below. Pinkie saw the glimmering lights of Manehatten and the majestic Canterlot palace. Then she looked up and saw Luna's beautiful night sky, the brilliant white full moon and all the speckled stars spread all over the place.

"Wow." Pinkie muttered.

"Yea I know right, it's incredible isn't it. It's a real shame that only pegasi can see this. Not to many earth and unicorn ponies can see this." Dash explained. "So you haven't shown any pony else this before? What makes me so special?" Pinkie asked

"I think I really love you and I've never felt this way about another pony before. That's why you're special, because you're the only pony I've ever loved before."

Then Pinkie looked down and saw the most beautiful view of all, the cyan pegasus with the flowing rainbow mane. Then they flew to the top of the mountain Canterlot was carved into. At the peak they landed, it was flat and a good nine by nine feet, just enough space for the two of them to sit next to each other. "I have nothing to say." Pinkie said looking all around she could see Equestria bend in the distance.

"You know" Dash said "at the beginning of this day I was strapped to a table about to be killed by the one I loved." Pinkie Pie let her head hang at hearing this. "But" Pinkie picked her head up, "had it not been for that and you I would've never told you my feelings and I would not be sitting here next to the most wonderful pony in the world."

Then simple words were said "I love you Pinkie Pie"

"And I love you Rainbow Dash."

Then there lips locked just above Celestia's city and nothing would ever break their love, because even in the greatest times of darkness there will always be a light waiting, waiting to comfort you.

Author's Note:

I hoped you guys enjoyed. That thing at the end came from the heart so anyway more cheesy love stuff along with a tiny bit of drama. Forgot to save once and lost all my progress *Facehoof* well it's up now so whatever and once again the same TF2 reference in it so just a hint it's a line from the spy. This whole thing was written from a iphone so it was tough. The next chapter I hope is going up Saturday so see ya later.