• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,633 Views, 106 Comments

The Light Brought Out - Homeless-Jmart



After she wakes up in an unknown location Rainbow Dash finds she is going to be killed by her... best friend? One single accident and everything that was to follow.

  • ...
7
 106
 3,633

This Is Not The End

The Light Brought Out

Chapter 11: This Is Not The End

Now the light comes, shining through the eternal darkness that haunted my every living moment.

The light of my life, saving me.

No longer am I alone, no longer am I feared or hated. Now my light has saved me, I have the will to move forward. No longer am I scared, the fear is replaced with love, kindness, and freedom. These simple rights that lives every day are denied of, and those lives tend to be lost forever.

Although for one reason or another I live to see another day, a happier day where the sun is shining down upon the world.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the cave the four princesses and Discord were using magic to tame the Element of Laughter. Combined, the darkness was forced to abandon the element. Darkness without rule cannot continue without a host, so it dissipates into thin air.

The element is no longer dark and miserable, but instead it is glowing announcing the freedom of the element.

And the freedom of the host, many miles away.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The rain is pounding the rainbow maned pegasus with a pink party on top of her. The knife Pinkie Pie is holding descending slowly, as if to gloat that Rainbow has been beat.

The knife began piercing skin. Rainbow began to cry out in pain her, flesh beginning to open.

Through it all Pinkie laughed a horrible psychotic laugh, seeming to be enjoying herself.

That is when the darkness was dispersed from the element, freeing the bearer.

It began slowly, like coming out of a dark fog that clouded her mind. She stopped laughing and brought a hoof to her forehead, slowly coming to her senses.

The sight she saw was awful, she was on top of Rainbow Dash who had her eyes closed and was bleeding, crying in agony. And she held the knife in her hoof, the same one that was digging into Rainbow.

"Oh no! Dashie!" Pinkie yelled jumping off of her and trying her best to gently remove the knife that Rainbow was impaled with.

When she removed the knife, Rainbow began to scream with tears streaming down her face. "Please," Rainbow cried out, "just kill me, stop torturing me!"

"R-rainbow...I-I'm s-so sorry." Pinkie said.

"You're what?" she said opening her eyes, lifting her head to be greeted with to sapphire eyes that were full of concern. "Oh, so your back?" she chuckled "That's good." she said laying her head back down.

"Dashie I-I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to."

"And I know that's the truth, so don't apologize." She said sitting up and looking down at herself. She chuckled "Looks like you cut me up, but it's not that bad."

Rainbow tried to stand up, but her legs were too wobbly and she fell to her knees.

"Do you mind helping me?" she asked. Pinkie came over to Rainbow and helped her hobble to her house.

"How are you going to get up there?" Pinkie asked looking at Rainbow's badly damaged wing.

"Fly." She said spreading out her wing.

"But how are you..." She was cut off by Rainbow laying her wing onto the ground and with a couple of cracks the wing was back in place.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie gasped.

"Don't worry about it. Climb on."

"No! I am not hurting you more then I already did."

Then Rainbow slipped herself under Pinkie and flew her up to the house.

Now Pinkie keeping rainbow up, and Rainbow keeping Pinkie from falling through the clouds, they went inside.

They hobbled over onto the only solid surface in the house that was magically kept up, the table.

Pinkie climbed onto it and Rainbow, too weak to stand alone, fell to her knees.

"Pinkie, give me that case." She said pointing to the case on the table.

She complied and placed the case in her hoof. Upon opening the case Pinkie saw it was the necklace.

"Pinkie, I want to live a life with no regrets, would you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"I-I..."

"Hurry up please, I'm starting to lose consciousness from blood loss."

"Yes, yes I would!"

"Great I love..." was all she was able to say before going unconscious.

Ok, Pinkie thought, now how did I get up here to deliver that note?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you first." Twilight said to Pinkie.

"Oh it's fine, the doctors said Dashie would be fine."

"Well that's good news, but you will never have to worry about doing something like this again. Myself, along with the other princesses and Discord destroyed the darkness from your element forever."

"Well at least no pony got killed because of me, but Dashie came really close."

"A bit too close for comfort, good thing we destroyed the darkness or else..." she didn't finish, but Pinkie knew what she was going to say.

"Yea, I know. I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I would've k-killed her."

"I know, it's a heavy thought, but she is fine now so its alright."

"I guess so."

"So..." Twilight said trying to make small talk, "Anything else happen with you this week, besides... well you know."

"Um I guess I'm getting married."

"Wha?"

"Yea Rainbow took me to her house and proposed, purposely this time!"

"Purposely?"

Then nurse Red Heart walked into the room, "You may see her now." she said.

They got up and followed her into the west wing of the hospital, she was in the room that was furthest in that direction.

Upon arrival they slowly walked in, nurse Red Heart had to tend to other patients so she left when they arrived. The room was dark and the blinds were closed, the only source of light being a wall mounted television, and a heart monitor.

"Should we come back later?" Pinkie asked Twilight.

"No." came the voice of a certain rainbow pegasus.

Rainbow flipped on the lamp on her nightstand and looked at her visitors. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"How are you feeling Rainbow?" asked Twilight.

"Better, I hear that they said I'd be out of here in two days."

"Good, but how are your wounds?"

"The doctors patched me up pretty well, they said the bandages would be off before I leave."

"That's great!" Twilight said with a smile.

Pinkie sat down in a chair listening in on what Rainbow was saying.

"So Pinkie Pie," She jumped in her chair startled by hearing her name, "how are you doing?" she said.

"Ok." she said quietly.

"What's the matter? You're talking like Fluttershy." she chuckled.

"It's not funny! I hurt you Dashie." Pinkie said tears welling up in her eyes. "But I'm fine now ain't I?"

"But what if I do this again?" she questioned. "You're not going to, and you know that. The darkness is no longer in your element."

"But what if..." she trailed off. "But nothing, I know you would never purposely hurt me."

She just stared down at the floor.

"Come here." Rainbow said patting her bed. Pinkie Pie came over and sat down on the edge if the bed.

Rainbow pulled her closer into her hooves. "I love you, and like I told you before, if I die because I love you, then I'll die happy."

Pinkie began to cry into her chest not holding any emotion in. "I love you too." she cried into her.

"Twilight?" Rainbow said but looking up was aware she already left.

"So." Rainbow said. "So what?" Pinkie asked.

"So what is the date we are going to save?"

Author's Note:

Wow, I never thought I would come this far, ever. I started this out as a one shot kind of thing, and now it's an actual story. Well I hope you guys enjoyed this story, and this is Homeless saying see ya!

P.S: Already have another idea for another crossover. Hows Cupcake Factory sound?