• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,633 Views, 106 Comments

The Light Brought Out - Homeless-Jmart



After she wakes up in an unknown location Rainbow Dash finds she is going to be killed by her... best friend? One single accident and everything that was to follow.

  • ...
7
 106
 3,633

The Second Chance

The Light Brought Out

Chapter 2: The Second Chance

These events occurred after coming out of Pinkie's basement on the first floor of Sugar Cube Corner

"This decision is completely up to you." Rainbow Dash said pulling up a chair "I won't make you do anything you don't wanna do, and if you want this whole thing could just stay between us."

"No." Pinkie Pie responded "As much as I appreciate your support and your forgiveness I just can't ignore this. I will never ever and I mean ever try to hurt you or anyone again, but I can't promise that until I know my state of mind is at one hundred or no a thousand or even one million percent healthy."

"Ok so you want to go to Twilight's now or you wanna wait" Dash asked. "Well yea I kinda want to go now but let me close up the shop first." Pinkie responded.

Pinkie started putting things away and cleaning the counters, but they decided they would worry about the basement later. With everything cleaned and taken care of the mess in Sugar Cube Corner Pinkie flipped the open sign to closed.

"Alright ready to go?" Pinkie asked. She looked over at Rainbow and realized she was fast asleep. She smiled lovingly at her and started tearing up. She started thinking about what would've happened had Dashie not confessed her feelings for her. Pinkie wouldn't be looking at this adorable cyan pegasus sleeping. She started tearing up, trying to hold them back to no avail, and she collapsed and started bawling her eyes out. The possible reality was to much to bare, this is why she needed Twilight's help, she couldn't imagine a world without Rainbow in her life, especially not now.

After the tears were shed she got up off the floor and walked over to her Dashie smiling weakly and gently shook her gently. Rainbow's eyes slowly fluttered half open. Then she saw Pinkie smiling at her weakly and Rainbow's eyes opened completely.

"Ahhh!" Dash screamed as she shot up out of her chair. She flew up towards the ceiling still dazed from being woken up. She smashed a whole in the ceiling with her head and finally stopped.

"OW!" she said trying to get her head out of the ceiling "Well I can feel pain so I guess I'm not dead." At this point Pinkie was somewhere between laughing and crying. Was Dash still afraid of her because of what happened, or was she just surprised to be awoken by Pinkie. She didn't wait any longer she grabbed a mouthful of rainbow colored tail and pulled her out of the ceiling, and Dash landed with a crash.

"I'm sorry" Pinkie said frowning "I guess I should've known that you would still be afraid of me.

"Pinkie no I... its just... I mean ugh I don't know." In truth Rainbow was still afraid of Pinkie. Rainbow really did love her but she couldn't help but be scared. After all she was almost baked into cupcakes at the hands of her, I mean that's kinda scary right?

"It's all right I don't blame you. You have a reason to be afraid I mean I know I would be scared if I was in your shoes." Pinkie said smiling weakly. "Oh Pinkie I'm sorry." Rainbow said bringing Pinkie into a big hug. "Thank you for being such a dear friend, but I want you to know something I love you with all my heart and no amount of fear will change that, and if I die because of that love I know I'll die happy." Pinkie pulled back tears forming in her eyes, but her Dashie wiped them away. Pinkie just looked into to Dashie's beautiful magenta eyes. She knew she would never be as happy as she was now in that moment.

Then their lips met and Pinkie and corrected herself, now she truly couldn't be happier. They stayed in that embrace for what seemed like hours until they finally pulled apart.

Pinkie now still had tears streaming down her face but these were tears of joy, tears of true happiness and love. "I love you too." Pinkie said.

Ten Minutes Later

"Ok you ready to go?" Pinkie asked "Yup I'll be right out!" Rainbow responded. "Okie dokie lokie!" Rainbow started trotting down the stairs when she saw Pinkie walk out the door.

It all happened so fast, a streak of orange and gold making Pinkie squeal and sent her flying over off the porch and slid back a yard or two on the ground. Then she was tied up rodeo hogtie style within 10 seconds. Then Rainbow launched herself from the stairs to the sky outside and was greeted with an unbelievable scene. Applejack was yelling at the tied up Pinkie, and the poor pony was trembling with fear. Rainbow's usually incredibly fast reflexes and response time absolutely and totally failed her.

"You monster!" AJ yelled "How could you do this to Rainbow Dash! She was your friend and you... you bucking killed her! Well you're coming with me to Canterlot and I'll let the royal guards and Princess Celestia figure out what to do with you! And to think, you know that she told me that she loved you, and you go and do that to her! You're unbelievable you psychopath!"

"Umm uh AJ?" Pinkie said her voice trembling and quiet. "WHAT!?" Applejack yelled back.

"Look up"

"Huh?" She looked up to see the rainbow maned cyan pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash? Your alive!?"

Author's Note:

Back by a couple of requests. You know I ain't usually one for romantic stuff but I guess when its about ponies I guess I'm about 20% cooler with it (haha like that joke hasn't been used 100 times) Who knows maybe this story will get pretty popular. And a quick thanks to anyone who read, liked, commented, or even just looked at this story and a big thanks to Lightning Spark for his advice I tried to follow to the best of my abilities. Oh and by the way the writing lab grade is a C+ now. I think that's good enough but I'll try for a B- If only we had MLP writing prompts. It's Saturday the 25th of January 2014 (just want to see if I'm going to check this out when I'm like 18) and if I get 1 request I'll write another chapter tomorrow, the ending of this one really calls for it. (Done with midterms celebration!) PS. Anyone see the TF2 reference in there?