• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 3,633 Views, 106 Comments

The Light Brought Out - Homeless-Jmart



After she wakes up in an unknown location Rainbow Dash finds she is going to be killed by her... best friend? One single accident and everything that was to follow.

  • ...
7
 106
 3,633

Early Mornings

The Light Brought Out

Chapter 4: Early Mornings

The sun just starting to peek through the blinds as Pinkie Pie's eyes began to flutter open. When she got over her haziness she saw the most adorable rainbow-maned cyan pegasus, Rainbow Dash.

The sun making her mane almost glow a rainbow color. Although the buzzy athlete she is she'll need her nutrition Pinkie thought. Pinkie then decided on making Rainbow a breakfast in bed.

The whole way she trotted down the stairs she was thinking about the night before, and what a night it was. She never liked flying before, she actually hated the hot air balloon, but last night flying was the best thing ever. The views, the stars and the moon, and the most magical kiss in the world.

After that kiss they were up on the mountain until about 2 A.M and Rainbow was getting visibly tired. So Rainbow flew her back to Sugar Cube Corner, and Pinkie told her that she should sleep with her tonight. At first Rainbow looked shocked, but then Pinkie explained it wasn't that kind of sleeping.

After a big yawn she managed to get her to agree to a sleepover. That was the absolute best night of her life, but she hated the way it started.

Was she in control when she was going to do that thing? Was she really a monster?

No! I need to stop thinking like that, she thought, I don't know why I did it but one things for sure, she was never ever going to try to do it again.

Plus she needed to focus on making breakfast for Rainbow, but what does she like. Oh no, she forgot!

What would she like? Eggs, hay sandwich, an omelet, apples, or maybe an omelet with apples?

She decided on the apple omelet and some orange juice.

She grabbed some eggs and got to work on the omelet. After it was in the pan she got to work on juicing the oranges.

After everything was ready she waited for the omelet to cool down. During this she started thinking again. What if she woke up Rainbow and she sacred her again into smashing her head in the roof she thought while looking at the hole in the roof from yesterday.

No, she had to believe that Rainbow knew how much she loved her and that she would never hurt her. So she grabbed a small mug, and put a rose into it.

Taking the meal into her hooves she began up the stairs. Before she was even half way up she could hear her snoring, it was loud but cute.

When she got to the bedroom she slowly opened the door and walked in, careful not to spill the orange juice or rose. She set the food down on the nightstand and gently shook Rainbow. She looked cute while she was sleeping though, the way her hooves and legs twitched and her mane was covering her eye do to lack of brushing.

She once again shook her and this time her eye opened a bit. Then Pinkie got scared and quickly dropped to the floor, what if she did break the roof again? Pinkie would be heartbroken.

But that's the thing about love, you have to put it out there, yes there will always be a danger of it getting hurt but love could never fade.

So she slowly got up and tapped Rainbow's shoulder. This time both of her eyes fluttered open, even though Pinkie doubted that she could see through the one covered by her mane.

She stretched and yawned a lot but eventually she could see the pink shape that woke her up. For a just a millisecond she was scared but then she sat up strait and said "Morning." Rainbow knew that she would have to get used to seeing her when she woke up.

Pinkie sighed a breath of relief, there was no hole in the roof this time. "Good morning." Pinkie responded.

Pinkie took the food off the nightstand and put it onto Rainbow's lap.

Rainbow looked around and realized she was in Pinkie's room. Her face got as red as the rose that was sitting it the mug. "We didn't do anything last night right?"

"Oh" Pinkie went from pink to red, "no we didn't do anything like that."

"Ok well what's this?" Rainbow asked, "You didn't have to make me breakfast."

"Well it is the least I could do, you were exhausted last night. Oh and I wanted to say thanks for that first date."

"No problem" Rainbow said "like I said you're really light for a earth pony, and I had fun too. The views are great right?" "Yea" Pinkie responded "but not as great as the one I have right now."

"Aww come on Pinkie, as if I couldn't get any redder." Pinkie giggled at this, "So you still want to head to Twilight's house this afternoon?"

"Yea," said Pinkie "Well not now though." Pinkie began to crawl into the bed and snuggled up next to Rainbow.

At this point Rainbows face was as red as the sun itself. "I love you." she herd Pinkie whisper into her ear, her warm breath on her neck making a chill go down her spine. "I love you too." she responded eating a piece of omelet.

"Do you mind if I have some?" Pinkie asked. "Not at all umph!" Rainbow said before she was able to hand over the fork and Pinkie kissed her. They were lip locked for a good while until Pinkie pulled away.

"Mmm." Pinkie said, "The apple omelet was my best idea ever!"

Author's Note:

Yea another installment with a bit of drama and stuff. And for anyone who didn't spot the TF2 reference in the past two stories it was the spy's "thank you for being such a dear friend." And it is a sheer coincidence that this chapter and the second chance have the same amount of words.