• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 7,554 Views, 188 Comments

Venom Rising - VampDash



Rainbow Dash has been humiliated far to many times by Mare-Do-Well but now she has a chance. A chance to get back at her... at what cost?

  • ...
25
 188
 7,554

The past is the past

The darkening sky fit the somber mood of the lone figure who wandered into the cemetery, who wore a dark coat and hat to obscure their identity. They walked through, passing some graves, before stopping at one. The pony stared at it, for the longest time. Just standing there, gazing into the gravestone. Minutes turned to hours as the figure just stood in silence. It was nearly dark before the visitor to the graveyard finally spoke a word.

“Happy birthday, Blitz.” The pony said, reaching into her coat and pulling out a small teddy bear and placing it on the grave. She bent down and kissed the top of the grave before flying off. However as the pegasus flew off she failed to notice several ponies watching her from the shadows.

“Permission to take down the target now sir?” A stallion’s voice asked from a point behind some bushes

“No. Let her go for now. I still may be able to use her. Return to base and report what you saw.” A distorted voice replied to the stallion who raised an eyebrow

“But sir-” The stallion started before being cut off by the voice again.

“Am I not clear?” The voice asked in a tone that stated that arguing against it would be pointless. The stallion sighed.

“Yes sir. We’re returning to base now.” He said as he and the other ponies seemingly vanished.


The night air blew harshly outside the Golden Oaks Library, as the rain poured. Twilight was by herself on this particular night, Spike having headed up to Canterlot on some official business. She would have gone, but somepony needed to be there to watch the library should there be somepony needing assistance. She tossed and turned in her sleep, clearly having an unsettling dream.


“One, two, Sombra’s coming for you. Three, four, better lock your door. Five, six, grab your bats and sticks. Seven, eight, better stay up late. Nine, ten…..”

This was the song Twilight heard as she wandered through the fiery dungeon she found herself in. It seemed to be coming from all directions and sounded as if children were singing, young fillies specifically. Suddenly the song ceased half way through the last verse as Twilight felt a presence behind her. She slowly turned to see a pair of demonic red and green eyes staring back at her from the shadows.

“Never sleep again,” the voice said in a deadpan tone as Twilight screamed, a searing red horn stabbing her in the back hoof as she tried to run.


Twilight awoke with a jolt, panting and covered in sweat. As she tried to get up, she felt a sharp pain rush through her back leg. It was a stab wound. Twilight stood where she was as she came to the realization of what this means. “No…. no no no no. T-this isn’t right. I-it was a dream that’s all. The whole thing was just a dream.” She told herself as she got some bandages from nearby. With difficulty she wrapped a swath of them around her back leg, wincing a little, and soon had it tied down good. She was about to go back to sleep when she saw a dark figure flying outside that looked like it was headed for Rainbow Dash’s house. Disregarding it, she went down to her personal study and began to research.

“This has got to have a rational explanation. One way or another.


The wrath of the storm raged as Rainbow Dash tried to sleep. Suddenly a knock came to her door. She grumbled as she got up.

“Who the buck is knocking at this hour?” She groaned as she fell over onto her cloud floor with a soft smack. She used the symbiote to drag herself out of the room and down the hall to the front door, before getting up. The unwanted guest kept knocking as the pegasus practically growled.

“Alright already! Keep your fur on!” Rainbow Dash said as she opened the door to reveal someone she hadn’t seen in a long time.

“Hey Dash… Can we stay over for a while?” A griffon said, as Rainbow’s eyes went wide.

“Gilda?! Uh… sure.” Rainbow wiped the sleep out of her eyes and shook her head a bit. She reached out and pulled her oldest friend into a hug.

“Yeah, come on in, I’ll get the guest… Wait, we?” Rainbow asked, suddenly realizing what Gilda had said.

“Hm? Oh yeah. Alex you can come out from behind me now. She won’t bite.” Gilda said from behind her. Rainbow’s eyes went wide again as she saw a small, gray and brown, innocent Hippogriff walking slowly towards her.

“Alex? Gilda when did you… you know?” Rainbow asked. Gilda sighed but before she could say anything her son slipped past her and stared at Rainbow with a slightly frightened expression.

“H-hi. I-I’m Alex.” The little Hippogriff said. Rainbow smiled and rubbed his head slightly. He smiled and went into the house.

“Not out here Rainbow…. I’ll tell you inside okay?” Gilda said. Rainbow just nodded and allowed Gilda inside.


“So, kid huh?” Rainbow Dash said as she and Gilda sat in her kitchen, the small hippogriff sleeping soundly in the guest room upstairs.

“Yeah… Never thought it’d happen to me, but there he is,” Gilda said as she sighed thoughtfully. Rainbow Dash had to admit, at least to herself, she was a bit jealous. She wanted foals, not right away of course, but she had always thought about it after becoming a Wonderbolt. She never thought on the how, adoption was the most logical since… she didn’t exactly swing the way most ponies did.

"So... how did Alex.... you know.... come out?" Rainbow asked to which Gilda only rubbed her head before starting a very short tale.

“Well… it’s not like other stories where I found my prince charming.” Gilda said as she gave off a nervous chuckle. “It was a one night stand type deal okay. Nothing really special at all. I met him and he met me. A moment later we got a little drunk and then…. well you saw the results. One awesome and amazing kid of mine.” She said with pride. Rainbow smiled and hoof bumped her friend. But then her curiosity took hold.

“Speaking of, princes… Who’s the dad?” The pegasus asked, noticing Gilda stiffen a bit at the question. The two stayed silent for a while, Rainbow not wanting to pressure her into talking about a possibly touchy subject, and Gilda clearly not sure what to say.

“Alex’s dad… Let’s just say he’s not from around here alright?” Gilda said as she didn’t look Dash in the eye.

“Okay? But he’s a pony right? I mean…” Rainbow Dash started, only for Gilda to fidget uncomfortably.

“No he’s not a pony… or a griffon. Look can we not talk about this right now?” Gilda said as she kept avoiding looking at her hostess. Rainbow Dash could tell it really was a sore subject, though she was indeed curious. Still, her curiosity would have to wait until Gilda was ready to talk. Rainbow again thought back to Alex. She could not believe it, her best friend was a mother.

“You’re real lucky Gilda.” Rainbow said absentmindedly. Gilda gave a dismissive laugh, which brought the pegasus back into reality, and left her with a bewildered look on her face. The look was not lost on the griffon across from her.

“Look, I wouldn’t take anything for Alex, but being homeless, next to no money, and having to bunk with friends for a night isn’t what I’d call lucky,” Gilda said, running her talons through her feathers in frustrated manner. Rainbow Dash could see the lack of sleep in her eyes and hear the desperation in her voice. Gilda and Alex needed her.

“Look, maybe you don’t have to stay the night…” Rainbow started, but a irritated glare from Gilda made her immediately clarify her previous statement. “I mean you guys could stay here for as long as you need. Trust me, it’s no bother. I’m out most of the time anyway, and the house is big enough so no worry about space.” Gilda smiled at this as she went to check on Alex then get some much needed sleep herself. Meanwhile Rainbow had just entered a mental conversation with her ‘partner’.

‘Why are you helping them Rainbow? From what your memories show Gilda is nothing more than a total waste of time.’

‘I was a little ticked at her at the time but I will be honest with you right here and now. If you try ANYTHING to hurt my friends then our deal is off. I WILL get you off me and leave you to rot.’ Rainbow said in her mind. The symbiote just snorted at this as it retreated into her mind. Rainbow smiled as she went to her own bed and crashed on it. Unaware of the torment that tomorrow brings.

Author's Note:

Before anyone says that this is a multicrossover I will state here and now that the One Two thing is just for creep factor. Sombra is actually a character known as The Shadow King. What? You don't think Shadow King is a real character in Marvel? Look him up. Ten points to the first person to prove me wrong.