• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 7,529 Views, 188 Comments

Venom Rising - VampDash



Rainbow Dash has been humiliated far to many times by Mare-Do-Well but now she has a chance. A chance to get back at her... at what cost?

  • ...
25
 188
 7,529

Revisiting the old plan

“Incoming enemy fire!” Star-Lord yelled, shooting Elemental Spells left and right as the advancing Brood soldiers came forth. “These ugly sonsofbitches can’t be that hard to kill!”

“They are smarter than us and they are faster, but oh yes, that can’t be that hard to kill, Pen Stroke!”

“Game over man! Game over! GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!”

“E… T… Phone… Home!”

“And there’s the punch! It’s all over!” said a stallion as Gilda sighed. She and Alex were just flipping through channels waiting for Rainbow Dash to come home, but sadly nothing they saw was any good. The only one that would seem even close to good was the one about a short brown alien. Other than that, nothing else seemed to be on.

“Mom, when did you say Rainbow was going to be back?” Alex asked for what seemed to be the third time that evening.

“Sometime after the clouds pass on Alex. I know you like her, but she can’t be rushed-” Gilda started before a knock came from the door. Gilda got up and looked to see who it was. She opened the door and saw a soaked Rainbow Dash. “Whoa. Dash did you take a dip into the lake?”

“Something like that.” Rainbow said as she walked in. She looked through the fridge a bit before popping her head up. “Hey, do we have any chocolate milk by any chance?”

“What? Um, we should but why-” Gilda started before she saw that Rainbow picked up a whole quart and chugged it down easily. She knew Rainbow had a sweet tooth before but that was enough sugar to make her active for several hours.

After making short work of the beverage, she went for an entire cake, gorging herself to a sickening level on any form of sweets she could find.

“MORE!” Rainbow Dash yelled, tackling Gilda and forcing her tongue inside the griffon’s beak.


“Um, Gilda?” Rainbow asked snapping Gilda out of that short fantasy. She then saw that Dash was still hunched over the cake.

“Yeah what is it Dash?”

“I just asked if we had anymore chocolate stuff.”

“Oh…. um no. Sorry.” Gilda said rubbing her head awkwardly. Rainbow sighed as she walked away from the cake.

“Ah dang it.” Rainbow said as she headed out again.

“Where are you going this time?”

“Oh…. late night practices.” Rainbow said through a small chuckle before exiting the door and vanished into the night air.


“So… The symbiote is here?” A shadowed figure said, joined by another.

It was not his place to question her. He trusted her and knew him better than anypony. But the creature, especially one as violent as the symbiote, would not take its place in Ponyville. At least, not without reason.

“Yes brother… Fear not… It shall not be much longer.” The smaller of the two said. The smaller one’s stature was evident enough to those who saw it as being a mare’s body.

“Indeed sister, for if it is… You know the price of failing… The Shadow King.” The older one said as it slipped into shadows. The smaller one just sighed.

“I’m sorry Rainbow… but either he gets the symbiote… or he kills you and the others.” She said as she went over the plan one more time in her mind. She did hope the psionic blast didn’t hurt the host or the symbiote too bad when the time came.


“Okay Rainbow get in the zone… Yeah, you’re in the zone… The superhero zone… Okay… Now what?” Rainbow said to herself, in a sleeker version of her Venom form, as she sat on one of the buildings in Ponyville, looking around for something to do.

“Okay… They make this look easier in the comics.” Rainbow said as she leaped from a rooftop and stuck a webline under her. She then turned upside down and hung from it a bit with her hooves. Hours passed as the night remained silent.

There was nothing in this night that would cause her to leap into action. One portion of her was grateful. As for the other…

‘When do we get to prove our worth,’ a slithering voice entered her mind. Rainbow Dash turned behind her trying to find the source of the voice. She nearly face hoofed herself, forgetting about the other half.

“Jeez Venom, don’t do stuff like that when I’m thinking okay?” Rainbow glanced out to the city square of Ponyville. Compared to cities like Las Pegasus, Manehattan, or Canterlot, Ponyville was a mildly peaceful town. At least, in the crime rate. A small town added on top of the fact that everypony was known by Pinkie Pie made it nearly impossible for petty crimes to be committed.

Almost. Crime still happened. And Pinkie Pie wasn’t a cop. Nor did she want to be. Rainbow didn’t exactly blame her. “I’m looking, but crime just isn’t happening.”

‘Unacceptable. Our plan was to devastate Mare-Do-Well! Roaming the city is pointless. We must act.’ Venom replied.

Rainbow raised her eyebrow, tilting her head. She didn’t know why. Venom was unable to see her. Or at least, that’s what she thought. She didn’t think that Venom had any eyes. None that she could see anyway. “Act upon what? There’s nothing happening!”

‘We have played your way. Now we must play our way.’

“And what way is that?”

‘We must attack Mare-Do-Well! Force her to submit!’

Rainbow’s jaw dropped. “I’m not going to commit random violence!

‘It is not random! It is justice! We deserve better! She deserves her heart on a platter!’

“WHAT?! OH COME ON DUDE THAT’S WRONG! I MEAN FIRST OFF THAT WOULD LAND US IN JAIL WITH A LIFE SENTENCE! AND SECOND OF ALL WHAT IF IT’S ANOTHER OF MY FRIENDS?!” Rainbow exclaimed with a fearful tone in her voice.

‘We said they were suggestions and We think they’ll make your life a lot easier… Soon We will bond fully, and by that time things won’t be as they are now. We will be as close as close can be, and you will feel our influence more strongly… So until then it’s in our best interest to make things as easy for that future as possible!’

“Yeah but I mean aren’t we already bonded fully? I… I just don’t want to hurt my friends-”

‘Yet where have THEY been? By your side? Comforting you and helping you? Have they done anything to make you feel special? No. None of them have done this. They only care about MARE-DO-Well. Why…. who knows… maybe GILDA would like her better.’

“Shut, the buck up… You stupid… Sack of… Slime…” Rainbow growled, as Venom smiled from within her mind… She was angry now… And for Venom it was as sweet as the finest wine.

“You mention that again and I’ll take us the to nearest bell tower and see how long you can last!”

‘Why? Are you scared that it’s true? That they would do that? Face it Rainbow. They don’t like you anymore. Not since SHE came in to the picture. They’ll abandon you. They’ll scorn you…. they’ll forget about you. But not us. We will not abandon you. We will always be there for you…. but first there is an obstacle We must get rid of. If you want us and your friends…. KILL MARE-DO-WELL.’

“...... what do I do?”

‘Make her suffer...’

“Yes…”

‘Make her wish she were dead...’

“Yes…”

“FIRST WE ATTACK HER HEART!” Venom roared as she took on her more monstrous form, swinging off as her green saliva dripped down from her salivating maw.

“Hehehehehehe…. hehehehehehahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”