• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 7,529 Views, 188 Comments

Venom Rising - VampDash



Rainbow Dash has been humiliated far to many times by Mare-Do-Well but now she has a chance. A chance to get back at her... at what cost?

  • ...
25
 188
 7,529

Of Kings and Monsters

“Rain poured down hard, as if it was trying to wash away the grime of the city. Canterlot looked safe, prim, proper… But that’s just it. Looks safe. Walk down the right back alley or take a wrong turn… And you can find anything.”

A scream shot through the continuous downpour as a being of living shadow sped off in a flash toward the source. Crashing through the window, it saw a burglar standing over a stallion… Either dead or simply knocked out it couldn’t tell. The creature grabbed the masked pony in front of it, lifting it up and slamming his head into the wall before mercilessly punching his face, knocking out several teeth, then going to work on his legs, webbing up his mouth so he wouldn’t alert anyone before it was done… Then it heard sniffling. Not from the filth below it, which quivered in pain, but… It looked over to a closet and saw a young colt hiding in it.

“It’s alright, you can come out…” It called, trying to sound as non-threatening as possible.

“No… You’ll hurt me… You’re a monster.” The colt whimpered, clearly scared to death. The creature shrunk back a little… Then tied up the burglar and left him there.

“We’re not the bad guy kid…” The creature said as it left as fast as it had come. Up on the roof of the building… It’s face retracted as a bright pink mane was revealed… The pure white mare beneath it looked up to the falling rain and sighed.

“I’m not the bad guy.”


“Hey Gilda…. G? You up yet?” Rainbow tried poking and prodding her bedmate several moments before the griffoness wakes up yawning with a mat of rustled feathers.

“Yo Dash?” Gilda asked as she fixed her feathers back into place. “What did ya wake me up for?”

“Because you know what today is.” Rainbow said as Venom began covering her front two hooves.

“Wait… you’re going back today? This soon?” Gilda asked while popping her neck.

“It’s personal… And possibly dangerous…. And I might not come back and…” Gilda kissed Dash right in the mouth.

“Get what you were fishing for?” Gilda smirks, Dash laughing a little as the symbiote formed a black duster over her body.

“I shouldn’t be too long… me and Venom I mean.” Dash said as she hugged her old friend.


Venom sighed as she swung around Ponyville, discreetly, stopping on a nearby ledge. She knew what she had to do, what she wanted to do, and what she absolutely needed to do… The problem being that doing any of these things was that it would make doing the other two impossible or at the very least, very hard to do. Sighing, she looked down and saw a trail of ants crawling on the roof of the building.

“Heh… You guys don’t have anything to worry about do you?” Venom said as she smiled a little at the innocent lives of the industrious ants below her. Suddenly the ants line of motion changed… Spelling something out which read...

“I wouldn’t say that?” Venom read the message out loud, shaking her head then looking back down, seeing the ants back in their straight line. “Huh…. well that was awkward.” Venom said to herself as she jumped off the ledge and landed on the ground in front of Sugarcube Corner. She sighed a little as she walked inside, the symbiote turning into a leather jacket and shirt in the meantime, and saw all five of her friends staring at her. The moment was awkward for at least five minutes before she spoke. “So…. yeah…. I know your secrets now…. and you all know mine….. so…. who talks about it first?” She asked.

“How does that costume do what it does? Where did it come from? Is it some sort of large amoeba or giant single-cell organism? Where does it go when you turn into you?” Twilight fired off questions left and right, her scientific curiosity getting the best of her.

“It’s alive, it’s from space, it’s a symbiote, and… You honestly don’t wanna know.” Rainbow said as she looked at her suit, though that last one is more of an excuse as even she didn’t really know where it went when she wasn’t Venom. “Anymore…. that’s not Twilight? No offense egg-head.”

“Oh…. hehehe…. sorry…. and uh…. sorry about last night I was just a little… eager to see who you were and what that symbiote was.” Twilight says as Rainbow sighs. They went long into the night, everypony asking their own questions and the cyan pegasus doing her best to answer them. It was going well… Until the question she had been dreading came.

“Why Rainbow?”

“Why what?”

“Why did you try and hurt us? I-I mean what we did was bad but…. you tried to KILL us…. you locked me in the church for two days…. I’m claustrophobic and you know that.” Fluttershy said with tears in her eyes.

“The truth…. the truth is…. I hated Mare-Do-Well… I hated her so much because she stole my thunder…. she took away what made me…. well me…. I didn’t mean to hurt any of you…. I might hate Mare-Do-Well… but there’s no doubt in my mind towards the end….. she was the better hero… all I turned out to be was some cheap Anti-Hero who tried to make herself seem like a better hero… I-I’m so sorry girls…. I-I’m so sorry.”

“I-it’s okay Rainbow…. besides Twilight wasn’t the only one who tried to take your symbiote from you.” Fluttershy said. At this Twilight teleported out and back with a tied up purple fured and purple and pink maned unicorn that Rainbow recognized as Derpy’s adopted daughter.

“AMETHYST?! WHAT THE BUCK?!”

“I-I needed it….. he won’t stop torturing me…. S-Sombra is so….. so cruel.” Amethyst said.

“Uh…. who is she talking about?” Rainbow asked and Twilight sighed.

“A powerful shadow creature that invades your mind. Sombra tried to make me one of his but found that my mind was too well guarded…. so he decided on Amethyst… she keeps saying that dreams are what attracts him but and she hasn’t slept in days.” Twilight said as she gently patted Amethyst before turning to Rainbow.

“Okay…. so what do you want me to do?” Twilight only looked sternly at Venom before looking at Rainbow.

“Simple… Rainbow I want Venom to rescue Amethyst from this bastard.”


“YOU HAVE FAILED ME AMETHYST… I WARNED YOU OF YOUR FATE IF YOU FAILED ME.” The giant shadow figure boomed in Amethyst’s mind.

“I-I couldn’t… h-her friends they….. I’m sorry please don’t trap me in another nightmare please!”

The mare was then wrapped tightly into her bed, the heat unbearable from the covers, as a pile of sand began to form at the head of her bed. She closed her eyes when it disappeared, slowly opening one of them to look around the black void that was once her room. She was suddenly thrust into a battlefield, ponies dying all around her, as explosions echoed all around. She then saw a vision… Her mother laying with a stallion not her father… And then her being born. Suddenly a gigantic dragon erupted from the void, it’s breath scorching her as she fell into a whirling torrent of biting mouths of creatures unseen down below her.

A maniacal laugh echoed through the void as she screamed in pure terror.


“Rainbow we don’t have long. She’s going to be consumed by Sombra any second. Can Venom get inside her mind or not?” Twilight asked her.

“Well yeah but…. why should I give her Venom? From what you said she was going to forcefully take him from me anyways to give to this…. Sombra monster. Why should I give him to her?” Rainbow demanded with a little growl.

“Uh… Isn’t it actually genderless?” Twilight asked

“Well… yeah but…. it sounds more like a guy okay? And Venom doesn’t have a problem with being called a him.” Rainbow said quickly.

‘Actually… we’ve yet to actually figure out this gender thing so...’ Venom said, as Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Point is that this crazy nag has tried to steal Venom all for the purpose of giving it to that…. monster. So EXPLAIN Twilight….. why should I give it to her?”

“She’s being controlled Rainbow… I doubt she’s had any control over her actions for a long time. If you don’t… She could end up being a prisoner in her own body for the rest of her life or until Sombra decides she’s no longer useful… If you know what I mean.” Twilight said. Rainbow just looked around for support for her…. but then realized they wouldn’t give it to her and… she kinda saw why…. barely back with them and she’s already acting selfish again…. she lost one pony to her arrogance…. she wasn’t going to let another go that same route.

“Okay…. everypony stand back.” Rainbow said. They all did so as Venom slowly removed itself from her body and covered Amethyst until she was nothing more than a black cocoon. “Now…. we wait.”


Sombra continued to stare down the pathetic mass of pony before him as she writhed in her greatest fears and failures. He couldn’t help but feel a bit of joy at seeing her suffer. After all it’s been so long since he made somepony TRULY suffer. However as he paid attention to her he failed to see the black ooze that was forming right below him.

“I heard you don’t believe in monsters…” The ooze asked as it wrapped around Sombra. He froze… Unable to even move… What was this power? What was this thing that held him in its power.

“Monsters?” He asked as the ooze took form, a colossal black entity, almost like living shadow, with large white eyes that wriggled with a venomous glare, and rows of sharp teeth, towering above him. It cackled as it threw him as hard as it could, the dark king landing right in the middle of the Crystal Empire… Or rather a dark and twisted version of it.

“No such thing as monsters… No such thing…” Sombra said over and over… Trying to reassert control over his realm, but the ooze would have none of it.

“No such thing as monsters? NO SUCH THING AS MONSTERS?!” The ooze roared in pure rage as it slammed him down into the crystal floor, cracking it considerably.

“YOU DON’T BELIEVE IN MONSTERS?!” It roared as Sombra quivered in fear. Suddenly things went quiet. The former king opened his eyes and saw he was in a light grey place, no color… No exit… No nothing. He looked down and saw he was on a black spider-web.

“You want to see something… Really scary?” A pitch black creature said as Sombra turned to come face to face with it, and fell over in shock and terror. It was large, almost like some form of ape, with hands that instead of fingers ended in claws, and walked on two legs, a large white spider emblem on its chest. It’s face, like nothing he had seen before with a long lashing tongue, green saliva dripping from its wide mouth which turned up into a sinister smile full of fangs, and its eyes… Like those of the ooze that had so soundly defeated him.

“Please… NO MORE!” Sombra cried as he tried to cover his eyes. The creature laughed a deep, dark laugh, that shook the entire area.

“Oh, now don’t tell us you’re afraid of good old… VENOM!” It said as it threw Sombra against its web… He slowly opened his eyes, and saw it right in front of him.

“Boo.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAH!”


Venom rolled back over to Rainbow Dash. After a moment she looked to the rest of them with a nod. Nopony said a word as Rainbow walked away, whether out of shock this… Alien being they had feared did something good or out of respect for Rainbow, she had no idea… Nor did she care.