• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 7,529 Views, 188 Comments

Venom Rising - VampDash



Rainbow Dash has been humiliated far to many times by Mare-Do-Well but now she has a chance. A chance to get back at her... at what cost?

  • ...
25
 188
 7,529

Secrets and Myths

Rainbow was really liking her new ally. Not only did it make her faster and stronger than she ever was but she also could stick to buildings instead of using her wings! The latter wasn't as cool, in her opinion, but she thought it would be useful in terms of stealth. Finding and bonding with it was, in her personal opinion, the best thing to ever happen to her and she had some pretty great moments in her life. Not that it didn’t know about them since it had read her memories. In all honesty Rainbow Dash never felt better. She didn’t know where this costume had come from, but she didn’t really care. As long as the feeling of power stayed? It could have come from Tartarus itself for all she cared.

Rainbow decided to fly home and plan her first move against Mare-Do-Well. She had considered just jumping the masked fool whenever she saw her, but decided to put her pranking skills to good use. After all, if Mare-Do-Well was going to humiliate her then she was going to make her defeat all the more damaging. She took out a map she borrowed from Twilight at one point and looked over it. She finally decided on two places that she could humiliate her in public: One place was Town Square where she could call her out and beat her for all to see but that would probably make the fools support Mare-Do-Well instead of Venom, she also happened to like the name despite it being a joke at first, so that only left one last place.

Brilliant idea Rainbow. That little mare can’t possibly fix a broken dam but we can. Her friend said in her head. After picking out when to attack Rainbow folded up the map and then headed up to bed. After all what kind of a fight would it be if she was tired and made it too easy for Mare-Do-Well? Rainbow headed to her bedroom, along the way feeling the costume recede and disappear. Rainbow raised an eyebrow, but disregarded as yet another perk of the costume. After all, it saved time on taking the thing off. As she turned back the covers of her bed and crawled in she sighed in a satisfied tone. Tomorrow would be sweet. Sweet as revenge.


The night was uneventful for Mare-Do-Well but that just made her just more nervous, as usually some form of disaster would have occurred and she would’ve had to stop it by now but so far it was all…. quite. Deciding to call it a night She turned around headed back to the treehouse and take off her costume for now. As Twilight removed her mask she suddenly suffered a sudden chill in her back. She turned to close the window but saw that it was already closed. Any normal pony would’ve shrugged this off as nothing more than a slight chill but Twilight knew better.

The last time she felt this chill something happened either a few minutes later or the very next day…. like when she saw a huge pony, not like it was a foot or so taller than other stallions but what could honestly be considered a honest to Celestia giant of pure ice. It glared at her but other than that it did nothing to her.Her parents on the other hand were a different story. The frost giant, for lack of a better term, charged at them. Her father Nightlight Sparkle fired a few magical blasts, as did her mother Twilight Velvet Sparkle, but they barely slowed the giant. The giant swatted them with its mighty hand, breaking their bodies.

Twilight watched as her injured parents lay helpless, unable to comprehend what was happening. As the giant loomed over them Twilight shut her eyes in fear. However as she did a loud crash of thunder erupted around her. She looked up to the sky, the giant momentarily forgotten. The once slightly overcast sky was now filled with dark clouds, blocking all light from Celestia’s sun. Twilight could see lightning crackling in the clouds as the thunder kept booming.

“HAVE AT THEE FOUL BEAST!” Twilight heard a powerful voice roar, rising above even the thunder. She looked up and could could vaguely make out the strange shape of a huge pony but it looked none she ever saw in the clouds. She then saw a hammer fly down and strike the frost giant down. The gargantuan creature fell to the ground dead, melting into just pure water. Soon the skies cleared almost instantly and there was no trace of the hammer that had saved them. Twilight then passed out from the shock of the ordeal. The moment her memory ended Twilight just sighed and put her mask and costume behind a secret compartment in her room. The nightmare she had was awful. She imagined she and some of her friends were running through Ponyville trying to escape some black creature that seemed to be more like a liquid then a creature that was destroying everything in sight.

“That’s right Twilight Sparkle! RUN! RUN FROM THE INEVITABLE!” It screamed to her. She turned around and tripped over a stone and soon her face met the ground. Her friends stopped to try and pick her up but she knew it was too late. As all hope seemed to be lost, however, another silhouette appeared and tackled the black mass before leaping back to cover her and the rest of her friends. Suddenly the ground around her split open, her friends falling into a burning abyss, leaving her standing on a small column of ground. To her left a large figure began to rise, black as night with large white eyes and a mouth full of fangs. To her right another large figure came up, this one she clearly recognized as Mare-Do-Well. Suddenly both the ebony being and Mare-Do-Well grabbed onto both of her forelegs, each tugging and pulling at her.

The strain began to build on Twilight as the slimy black entity won the tug-of-war and proceeded to pull Twilight to its fanged jaw. A long tongue covered in green slime came from the monster’s mouth, wrapping around her and squeezing her tight as she was pulled into the giant maw of the creature. She then woke up in a cold sweat and realized that it was already morning, though the nightmare still tortured her a little, and soon pulled out her costume.


Meanwhile in Rainbow’s cloudhouse the cyan blue pegasus was also waking up as well and with a demonic grin on her face. She leaped out of her bed and allowed her suit to fully envelop her again as she landed.

“This will never get old.” She said aloud but in a somewhat deeper and menacing tone to her voice. At first she considered flying towards the dam but then her suit… whispered something to her.

“No it will not but now our time has come Rainbow Miriam Dash. Let's try to have some fun today shall we?”

Rainbow Dash nodded slowly, chuckling a bit. Today was going to be fun of that she knew for sure as she flapped her wings and headed towards the dam. She arrived shortly afterwards and found a weakspot. She lifted up her front hooves and proceeded to strike the Dam.


Twilight, geared up in her Mare-Do-Well costume, was skulking around the Ponyville Dam. It wasn’t too unheard of for a worker or tourist to get caught dangling on the side of the dam for whatever reason, be it a genuine accident or just plain stupidity. Still it was as good a place as any to try and rescue somepony she surmised. She was exploring a desolate part of the Dam when she heard a loud CRUNCH echo through the whole place. She pinpointed the sound as coming from the upper level of the Dam. She focused her magic to her horn and soon teleported to the upper levels. She heard the crunch sound again and it appeared to be closer. Twilight heard it yet again, this time louder as she ran to see what it was. She got to the edge of where the dam started and saw a crack in the dam. She was about to cast a spell to fix it, when suddenly she felt a presence behind her.

“Welcome to our parlor said the spider…..”

A dark, almost demonic, voice called out. Twilight couldn’t pinpoint the source of the sound before a "thwiping" noise was heard and she was hung upside down by something. This was then followed by some being slamming her hard against a tree. Before Twilight could react she was struck again and again, each hit landing harder than the one before. One of the hits she received felt like a claw. Twilight tried to stand on her hooves but then felt the same claw slash itself across her mask. Twilight soon realized she could see rather well in the right side of her mask meaning that the creature had torn her mask a little. Whatever it was Twilight knew it didn’t know who she was but anypony would be able to tell by her mane color. So thinking quickly she teleported or at least tried to before feeling something grab her hind hoof. She was soon slammed down to the ground again before being pinned to the tree. The creature turned her head to one side as a tongue with green saliva draped itself on top of her head. She tried to move but her body seemed unable to do so.

“Not so tough now are you Mare-Do-Wrong?” The creature said as it’s tongue retreated back into it’s mouth. “Oh excuse us where are our manners? We are Venom but more important to you… we are your end.” The creature said to Twilight. Still trying to escape Twilight ignited her horn and tried teleporting but Venom violently grabbed her horn and squeezed it tightly. She wasn’t going to break the horn off but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t cause a little bit of pain. Twilight screamed in pain as she felt the surge in her horn but seemingly couldn’t vent it out unless this creature, Venom, released her horn and let the magic flow.

"Oh what’s wrong? Can’t hurt anypony else? Do you actually like it rough? Maybe a horn job is all you needed M-” Venom stopped mid sentence as she saw the exposed portion of Twilight’s mask.

"What….” The beast asked as she realized just who was behind the mask. Suddenly, after letting go of Twilight’s horn which released a giant spell bolt that narrowly missed Venom, she grew to gigantic proportions, rushing around in a frenzy, smashing all in her sight which included some pine trees, a log and several good size boulders.

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! WHY YOU?! WHY IS IT YOU?! IT’S NOT FAIR!” Venom roared in anger as she then calmed down, almost as quickly as she flew off the handle. She walked over to Mare-Do-Well, ripping the mask off her revealing Twilight Sparkle who was too stunned to speak.

“Shh, it’s alright. We’ll find the one who did this to you and make her pay!” Venom declared as she carefully stroked Twilight’s mane in a comforting manner, before swinging off. Twilight carefully got back to her hooves and saw that the dam was starting to fall apart. Apparently Venom was so caught up in the reveal of who she was that it forgot to fix the problem it probably started. Using a little bit of her magic Twilight made some boulders fly up to the dam and plugged up the leaks and avoid a huge flood. With the deed done Twilight slipped back to Ponyville careful to avoid anypony who might’ve been watching.


Meanwhile in the Everfree a timberwolf was busy eating the remains of whatever was unlucky enough to meet its end at the maw of it. Suddenly the beast snapped its head up at the sound of a snapping twig, twisting its head around to see a metallic mace heading toward its head which smashed it to pieces.

“Always did hate timberwolves, ever preying on the innocent.” A powerful voice said. The owner of the voice was in shadow, but if one could look closely they would see a lion skin wrapped around the stranger


Venom sat perched on a tree, just barely on the outskirts of the Everfree, in thought. As she thought she heard hoof steps. Odd hoof steps, as if the pony was walking on two legs. Listening closer she also heard the sound of griffon claws scratching the ground as well. That lead to two possibilities. One was that griffon and a pony were walking through the Everfree, or…

“Good morrow dark one!” A booming voice bellowed from below, causing Venom to nearly jump out of her skin… literally.

“Pray tell, I am truly sorry to have interrupted thine leisure time, but it hath been quite a time since I was in these lands. Tell me, which way to the nearest village?” The voice said as Venom finally looked down at the source of the voice. It was a rare sight. A hippogriff, a rather tall one, about as tall as Princess Luna with brown feathers and light brown fur, with a cutie mark of a tan bow and three silver arrows over it. He was also wearing what looked like a lion’s skin with the head draped over his own, almost like a cowl, and the rest blowing behind him like a cape. In his claw was a golden club, propped upon his shoulder.

‘Nearest… Where has this guy been? Ponyville may not be Manehatten, but it’s still pretty known. I mean it’s the only town this close to the Everfree!’ Rainbow Dash thought as she readjusted herself on the branch.

“Uh, about a half a mile that way.” Venom said in Rainbow Dash’s voice, or rather a close approximation, knowing that using her Venom voice could possibly lead to either a scared tourist, or a fight she was definitely not in the mood for.

“Ah, I thank thee cloaked one. Perhaps we shall cross paths again? Thou appear to be most interesting, perhaps an adventurer?” The hippogriff asked as Venom remained silent at the archaic speech of the stranger.

“I see thou art one of few words. Very well, perhaps we may speak again anon. Fare thee well and many thanks for thine assistance.” The hippogriff said he walked down the path to Ponyville. He hadn’t walked a few feet when Venom noticed something odd.

“Hey! Why aren’t you flying?” Venom asked, finally finding her voice. It was odd, since most griffons she knew did prefer to fly to their destinations. Then again she had only met one other hippogriff in her life and that was Gilda’s weird cousin Gordon at a party.

“I hath spent too much time with mine head in the clouds. I prefer to walk as much as possible.”