• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 2,548 Views, 116 Comments

Red Eye - Fonypan



After an undead creature attacks Apple Bloom, Princess Celestia sends Fluttershy to attempt to reform the assailant. That brief contact leaves an irreversible mark on Fluttershy's life. Follow her descent into a whirlwind of misery and despair.

  • ...
18
 116
 2,548

Session 04 - Safe From the Storms



"You're going to see Apple Bloom again?" said Sweetie Belle.

"Why not? We used to hang out every day!" said Scootaloo. "You should come, too. She misses you!"

"I...I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't stand to see her so helpless. Remember last time I visited? All I did was cry!"

"What's with you? You've been weird since Apple Bloom got hurt!"

"Every time I look at her, I know she could have died. All three of us could have died. I don't like to think about it. Foalnapping monsters, dying before we even get our cutie marks...it's just too much!"

"But she's going to be okay! Fluttershy got rid of the monster. Everything's going to be fine!"

"I'll hang out when she gets out of the hospital. She's the toughest of the three of us, and seeing her too hurt to even get up is just… I can't do it. Tell her I said hi!"

"Fine, be that way."

The two fillies went their separate ways. Sweetie Belle went home. Scootaloo went to the hospital. She checked in at the front desk. Then, she dashed down the hall. She knew the way to Apple Bloom's room like the back of her hoof.

When Scootaloo entered, she saw Applejack standing next to the hospital bed. Apple Bloom sat up a bit more, with a slight wince. Both earth ponies smiled at Scootaloo.

"Howdy, Scootaloo!" said Applejack. "We were just talking about you!"

"Oh? Good things, I hope!" said Scootaloo.

"Of course!" said Apple Bloom. "Applejack just said you'd be here any minute now, and here you are!"

"Where's Sweetie Belle?" said Applejack.

"She didn't want to visit," said Scootaloo. "She's, uh. Well…”

"It's okay," said Apple Bloom. "What happened to me was really scary. She's probably still spooked."

"That's pretty much exactly what it is," said Scootaloo. "She's being a scaredy-pony."

"Scaredy-pony or not, she still ought to come see Apple Bloom in the hospital," said Applejack. "It ain't right, avoidin’ Apple Bloom like that.”

"It's okay, really," said Apple Bloom. "I'll see her when I'm all better. We'll get caught up, and go back to crusader business, and everything will be back to normal!"

"I'll leave y'all be so you can have some filly time. Take care!" Applejack kissed Apple Bloom on the forehead, then left.

Scootaloo trotted over to Apple Bloom's bedside. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a little stronger every day! The doctor says I can go home tomorrow if I promise to take it easy. Big Macintosh and Granny Smith brought me some apple pie, and Applejack read to me just like she did when I was little. Today has been pretty good!"

"Great! You sound a lot better, too."

"You know, you don't have to come visit every day. I'm sure you want to hang out with Sweetie Belle, too."

"I know I don't have to visit every day. I want to visit, because I like you."

"Aw shucks, Scootaloo. I like you too!"

"I mean I like you. Like-like."

Apple Bloom blushed. "You're kiddin', right?"

Scootaloo blushed deeply, and stared at the floor. After a moment of awkward silence, Scootaloo put her hooves up on the hospital bed and craned her neck to kiss Apple Bloom on the cheek. The gesture of affection caused both fillies to blush more intensely. Scootaloo rushed out of the room without another word.

Something caught Apple Bloom's eye just before Scootaloo made it out the door. "Scootaloo, wait! You got your cutie mark!"