• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 2,541 Views, 116 Comments

Red Eye - Fonypan



After an undead creature attacks Apple Bloom, Princess Celestia sends Fluttershy to attempt to reform the assailant. That brief contact leaves an irreversible mark on Fluttershy's life. Follow her descent into a whirlwind of misery and despair.

  • ...
18
 116
 2,541

Session 08 - My Destiny Lies With Her



Harvest season had come to Sweet Apple Acres, and the trees were brimming with big, juicy apples. Applejack and Big Macintosh were hard at work bucking apples. Apple Bloom helped to carry the apples, but her siblings were cautious not to overwhelm her.

Scootaloo came trotting into the orchard, as she had done daily for the longest time. With a spring in her step and a smile upon her face, she made a beeline for Applejack as soon as she saw her.

“Hey Applejack!”

“Howdy, Scootaloo! It’s applebuck season, so Apple Bloom won’t be able to play today.”

“I know. I actually came by to help out, if there’s a place for me.”

“Well, shucks! It’s right nice of you to be so neighborly! I think I can find something for you to do.”

“I should prove my worth to the family if I’m going to ask for Apple Bloom’s hoof in marriage some day.”

A little misty-eyed, Applejack hugged Scootaloo. “You’re a good mare, Scootaloo. I’d be honored to call you my sister-in-law some day.”

“Thanks, Applejack! I feel the same way about you.”

“Scootaloo!”

Apple Bloom came charging out of the orchard. Applejack released Scootaloo just in time to watch Apple Bloom hug-tackle her. Apple Bloom moved her muzzle dangerously close to Scootaloo’s.

“On the cheek!” said Applejack.

Both fillies froze in place and stared at Applejack. After a moment of awkward silence, Scootaloo turned her head to the side. Apple Bloom planted a chaste kiss on her cheek.

“Great! Now, let’s get to work! I think if both of y’all work together, you might even be able to buck some apples!”

Within a couple of hours, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom worked their way through a significant stretch of orchard. Scootaloo stopped when they came upon a tree with no apples. It was healthy looking, like all the rest, but only bore buds.

“What’s up with this tree?” said Scootaloo.

“No idea,” said Applejack. “It’s long overdue, but it’s never once made apples.”

“It looks like it’s budding.”

“It buds every year, but the buds never blossom. No blossoms, no apples. We might have to cut it down if this keeps up.”

“No, don’t cut it down!” said Apple Bloom. “It’s a late bloomer, but so am I!” Apple Bloom stepped closer to the tree, and stroked the bark with her hoof. “There, there. Nopony’s gonna cut you down. Just take your time, and bloom when you’re ready.”

Suddenly, the buds on the apple tree began to blossom. One after another. Applejack watched in utter astonishment as dozens of tiny, white flowers popped up all over the tree. The image of a trio of apple blossoms appeared on Apple Bloom’s backside.

“Did that tree just listen to you?” said Applejack.

“Apple Bloom, look! You got your cutie mark!” said Scootaloo.

“My special talent is soothing apple trees!” said Apple Bloom. “I’m a tree-whisperer!”

Scootaloo took Apple Bloom in a fierce, celebratory kiss. The smooch momentarily stunned Apple Bloom, but she quickly recovered and returned the affection with equal passion.

“Hey, you two! On the— Aw, hay. I guess just this once is all right.” Applejack looked away and tried her best to tune out the sound of fillies kissing. “Y’all can stop any time. This is gettin’ mighty awkward.”