• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,248 Views, 30 Comments

Blessed - Sonicbrony66



A human ends up in Equestria and is charged with protecting Harmony. No, he's not a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Or, at least, I hope he's not.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,248

Birthday Wish

"Jackson! Come on in, we are cutting the cake!" My mom shouted from the dining room.
I shot up immediately and bolted into the dining room, brushing my long, dirty blonde hair out of my eyes as I did so. I was a tall, lanky kid. I towered above my sister and mother, but stood below my dad and eldest sister. I was thin, so much so that you could easily see each of my ribs. I was in such a hurry because it was my fifteenth birthday and I had one of the greatest foods in all of existence. Also because I was getting Minecraft, and I wanted to build a little village of my own.


"Coming mom!" I shouted back. It wasn't a big party I had, just my family and a friend. I ran past my grandpa and stood near my cake, looking at it, and examining the plate that contained the most holy of foods: Chocolate Cake. The rest of my family walked in from the living room and started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. I didn't pay attention, I was too busy thinking of which piece I wanted to devour. My family finished singing the stupid little jingle, and my mom said, "Make a wish, son!" I smiled at her and I leaned in over the cake and thought to myself.


''What do I really want?' A small grin grew on my face as I thought of the obvious answer. I inhaled and thought 'I wish I could go to Equestria' and blew out the candles. My wish faded in my mind as I saw the cake get cut.


You see, I'm a brony. I watched every episode the day it came out, and devoured chapters of fanfics almost as quickly as I ate cake. After a certain...incident...My Little Pony brought me out of a depression I had been locked in for a while. It reinforced The Walls. The Walls are the things that stop me from sitting in a corner while rocking back and forth, crying. I'll get into that later. It gave that little bit of happiness and sunshine I needed to stop myself from going mad. My friend knew, but he wasn't a brony, nor was he a hater.


Nobody else really knew about it. I picked up my corner piece and walked out, swiftly devouring the cake. I walked up and sat in the middle of the presents, waiting for everybody to finish. After a few minutes, everyone was done and I could open my presents. Most of them were just gift cards, but I finally got to the one I had been waiting for. It was a simple card that had the username and code for my copy of Minecraft. I thanked everybody, then hopped up, grabbed the laptop and jumped to the Minecraft home page. I briefly heard my grandpa say "Good luck trying to get a response from him now." He had reason to comment, because when I play games, I get into a sort of trance and don't get out until I rage or get bored.


-------- A few hours later -------


As I finished building my own little village, I started to feel lightheaded. I looked up at the clock and cringed. It was midnight, all the guests had left, and my family had gone to bed. I decided I would do some more mining tomorrow. I walked up the stairs to my room and sang little snippets of 'Warrior' by Disturbed. I brushed my teeth, walked into my room and turned on the fan, for some white noise. I opened my window and started a little 'ritual' that I devised to stay sane. I won't go into the details, but it was basically a verbal journal. As I finished, I felt a sudden, unbearable headache come on. It was so terrible, I couldn’t even think. I rolled on the floor for a minute or two, moaning in pain before I passed out.



-------------------------------------
I awoke in....Well nowhere I guess. It could best be described as a Void. Just blackness, as far as the eye could see. I raised my hand up to my face and was relieved when I could see it.


"Ok, so I'm not blind. Where the heck am I?" I asked myself. I wasn't expecting a response.


"The World Between." said a voice behind me.


I swiftly jumped up and turned around and saw a woman standing a few feet away from me. She had long, brown hair that reached her midsection, and looked to be about forty, near the age of my dad. The woman was tall, looking to be about 7 feet tall. She had green eyes, and was giving me a warm smile.


"Who are you?" I asked, slightly frightened.


"I have many names, but your people once called me 'Gaia'" she said. Her voice reminded me of leaves rustling in the wind.


"Wait what?!? You mean to tell me that you’re the Earth?!" I asked, incredulous.


"Well, no, but It is my Element." she said, giving me a small grin.


"So, you’re an Earthbender, like from Avatar?" I asked, more confused than before.


"No, but I do have a special connection with the Earth. I am one of The Four."


"So where are the other three?" I asked, not even going to ask what The Four was.


"Right behind you." A male voice said.


I spun around and came face to face with a man wearing the biggest grin I have ever seen.
I jumped back and gave a small yelp of surprise.


There were three people, all standing in a row. The first was a man, the one that had freaked me out. He looked to be about 24, and he was chuckling to himself, and I noticed something strange. His blonde hair, which was a little longer than mine, was being blown back by some unseen wind. He was rather short, but had a kind face, filled with laugh lines, and when he opened his eyes, I saw that they were hazel.


The next was a girl, looking to be about 30, had blue hair that looked like it was floating in water. She was looking at me with a calculating gaze, as if examining my soul. She had deep blue eyes, and I could see a lot of sadness in them.


The final one kinda creeped me out. He was tall, freakishly so. He was a ginger, but that wasn't what creeped me out. His eyes looked like burning coals. And he was staring right at me, so it amplified the creepiness level by 10. He looked....disappointed. Like he was expecting something of me, and I didn't meet his requirements.


"So you’re The Four? By the way, what is that, exactly?" I asked.


The blonde one responded, "To your first question, yes. You already know Gaia, the Spirit of Earth. I am Borealis, the Spirit of Wind. This lovely lady," he said, pointing at the woman next to him, "Is Rudra, the Spirit of Water," Rudra gave me a small nod, "And that grouch over there is Agni, the Spirit of Fire. As to your second question, you know that Discord fellow you saw in that show you watched?" I nodded. I noticed that Borealis talked with a British accent. It was very cool.


"Thank you." And they can read minds.


"Yes, we can." This time, it was Rudra that spoke. "Back to the matter at hand, Discord is a spirit of Chaos. His entire goal in life is to bring chaos to every realm he can. He is isolated to the land you know as Equestria, so he can't do too much. The Four are the Spirits of Harmony in your realm."


"Well you don't seem to have a very good hold on Earth." I knew it wasn't a good idea to insult spirits that are supposed to up hold peace, but hey, I wanted to know.


Rudra sighed "We know, we lost Earth a while ago to Chaos. We are trying to fix it, but....Humans are messed up creatures."


"Who is the Guardian in Equestria?" I asked.


"That is the reason you are here. The previous Guardian turned over to Chaos and we need a new one." I stood there for a minute before it hit me.


"Oh hell no. You think that I should be the person responsible for defeating a SPIRIT OF CHAOS?!?!?! I'm a fifteen year old kid for Christ's sake!" I shouted. There was no way that I could handle that responsibility.


"Yes, you can Jackson." Said Gaia. Crap, forgot about the mind reading. I noticed that Agni had yet to speak.


"Do you really think we would send a weakling like you without any help?" Well speak of the devil. He is rather rude. "Kindness doesn't win wars, whelp." Shit. "We will give you our blessings, which come with powers and attributes that go with the element."


"What powers would these be?" I asked, wondering what the benefits would be.


Borealis replied, "You would be given the ability to control our elements among other things. Now," he said, serious for once, "Will you accept?"


I thought about what was being offered. On one hand, I would be able to go to Equestria with powers over the elements, but on the other, I would be responsible for stopping Chaos. I could die there!


I decided to ask one final question before I made my answer known. "Will I still be a human there?"


"No," Rudra replied, "you will take the form of the inhabitants. So, you'll be a pony."
I thought this over. I would be able to live my dream, to live among the ponies as one of them! Maybe I could even meet my favorite pony, Luna!


".....I'll do it."