• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,248 Views, 30 Comments

Blessed - Sonicbrony66



A human ends up in Equestria and is charged with protecting Harmony. No, he's not a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Or, at least, I hope he's not.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,248

Introductions

The Mane Six just stared at me, as I sat there in the middle of what looked to be the Ponyville Library, with a nervous smile on my face. Rainbow snapped out of the trance first, and put on an aggressive face. She flew right into my face and I cringed and closed my eyes, expecting a blow to the jaw. She said, "Who are you? How did you get here?! Are you working for Discord?!?!? ARE YOU A SP-sp-sp-y?" she trailed off when I opened my eyes, realizing the blow wasn't coming.


"U-um before I answer your q-questions, could you p-please a-answer one of mine?" I asked, stuttering in fright. I decided I was going to play ignorant for as long as I could, and not reveal that I was human, or a brony. "W-Where am I?"


Twilight blinked and shook her head a little, snapping out of shock. "Your in the Ponyville library. Now answer Rainbow's questions. Lets start with who you a-" she was cut off by Pinkie Pie, who had snapped out of it as well.


"What's up with your eyes?" she asked, with her head tilted to one side. I blinked in confusion, before I realized I had no idea what I looked like. 'Rainbow didn't ask what I was, so I probably look like a pony...but what is so strange about my eyes?' I thought.


"What....What are you talking about?" I started looking around the room. 'Mirror, mirror, mirror, OH GOD!' I had found what I was looking for, and it surprised me. I looked into the mirror and saw a colt, looking to be the same age as the Mane Six, staring back at me. 'Is...Is that....Me?!?' I had green fur that was so shaggy, it looked like it was grass. My hai-mane, ('Gotta get used to pony terms') was in the same style as when I was human, and it was brown. Like, dirt brown. I was facing the mirror at an angle, so I couldn't see a cutie mark, or if I even had one. I studied my new body for a few seconds, before remembering what Pinkie had said. I looked up and saw something that nearly made me gasp in shock. My eyes were a dark green, and I had no pupils, giant or otherwise. They were just a green oval, with a slightly lighter area where my pupils should have been. I stared at my new (and kinda cool) eyes, before looking back at the girls, all of whom had shaken off their shock, and said "W-well, thats new."


"What do ya mean, 'thats new'? Did somepony cast a spell on ya?" asked Applejack. She was looking at me with a suspicious glare. Twilight blinked at her words, and her eyes widened a bit. Her horn lit up, and I felt a strange feeling pass through my body. It was as if I was being felt by a thousand hands at once, but not externally. It wasn't in my organs either; the scanning spell, for that's what it obviously was, had reached what felt like a muscle, that for some reason I had no control of, nor could I get a real sense of what it was.


"That might be the case Applejack, because I'm sensing five traces of very, VERY, powerful magic on him. They all seem to be even more powerful than Celestia and Luna combined!" she had a very surprised look on her face. "Did anypony cast any spells recently on you?" she asked, her surprised look now changing with the others into suspicion.


I gulped. I couldn't really tell them that I had been blessed by four spirits from some far of world that they had probably never heard of, (Hipster planet!) now could I? And what had she said? FIVE traces of magic? What was the fifth..."Actually, yes, a friend of mine cast a simple spell to increase my endurance." It was a terrible and obvious lie, but, hey, I had to try. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Applejack get a very startled look on her face, before realizing her mistake and setting it into a poker face. She walked over to Twilight, who had started to say something about how that just didn't fit in, and whispered into her ear for a while. Twilight's eyes widened in, seemingly, disbelief.


She caught all of the girls attention and said "Excuse me sir, but can I talk to my friends a moment?" I opened my mouth to tell her to go ahead, but she cut me off without waiting for a response. "Ok thank you." The girls all walked by me in a row, with different reactions as they passed me by. Pinkie gave me a big grin, probably already planning a party. Fluttershy hid behind her mane, and Rarity just ignored me for the moment. Rainbow turned and glared at me before saying "Don't even think about trying anything, bub, or I'll have you down in ten seconds flat." And suddenly I'm mad. I don't know why, but cockiness and peo-ponies that thought they were invincible just pissed me off. She turned and walked away from me, towards the group. I heard them all start whispering to each other, and decided to try and stand up. Through the entire thing, I had just been lying there, like a lump. I looked down at my hooves and thought of all the times I had imagined I was some kind of four-legged animal when I was a kid. I slowly rose up, shakily. It was just like all those times, except it seemed natural now.


I looked up and saw that the Mane Six were no longer whispering among themselves and were now looking at me. I raised one hoof up and waved, somehow still maintaining my balance. They then broke up the huddle and walked to me. "Alright Mr.....um....we...never asked you your name did we? Or tell you ours." Twilight said, with a sheepish smile at the end. "My name is Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends Applejack" she said, pointing her hoof at each pony in turn, "Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy." She turned her head, looking at me for a moment. "What's your name?"


I thought for a moment. I had to figure out a good pony name, because 'Jackson' probably wouldn't work here. 'Alright kid think. Green coat, dirty ha- DIRT! Dirt, dirt, dirt...Gaia! No wait, taken and girls name. Alright, another name has to do with earth....' I racked my brain for any and all things related to the Earth and remembered part of a Latin phrase I had seen.

I grinned, looked up and said, "My name is Terra."