• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,248 Views, 30 Comments

Blessed - Sonicbrony66



A human ends up in Equestria and is charged with protecting Harmony. No, he's not a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Or, at least, I hope he's not.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,248

False Explanations

I heard a loud cough, and turned and saw Rainbow holding her hoof to her muzzle, looking irritatedly at Twilight. "If we could get back to the more IMPORTANT questions, like how the hay he got here?"

"Ok, Terra, how did you get here?" asked Twilight. I looked at Applejack from the corner of my eye and saw she was showing no emotion. She hadn't called me out on my lies yet? 'Maybe it has something to do with what she said during that huddle' I thought.


I looked at her and put on my greatest 'I dunno' face and said "I have no idea. Last thing I remember is my friend casting the endurance spell on me, there was a flash of light, and now I'm here. There was a bit of a blur in between those last two, but that's it." 'I am REALLY pushing my luck right now.' I still got no reaction from Applejack. Twilight was still thinking about what I had said.


"But...How could a simple spell like that misfire and teleport somepony?" she asked herself. I could practically see the gears turning in her head as she processed any ideas. She started mumbling to herself, probably wondering how that would work.


The girls all waited for a minute, before Applejack started to get annoyed by the incessant mumbling. She walked over to Twilight and snapped her hooves (WHAT?!?!?!) in front of her face. Twilight shook her head and mumbled a 'Thank you' to Applejack. "What was your friends name?" She asked me.


'Ohshitohshitohshit....think, kid think! Alright I said endurance spell....something to do with improving...uh....TUNE UP!' "Her name is Tune Up." I said, wearing a poker face. In the corner of my eye, I saw Applejack get another look of frustration on her face, not even bothering to hide it this time. 'What's her problem? She has that look that people get when they can't figure something out...Oh. WAIT. Can she not tell if i'm lying?!' I thought to myself. I can be oblivious from time to time. It strikes at random. I looked at her with a curious look on my face, and she just glared back at me. Rainbow was standing right next to her, and was giving me the same exact look. 'Distrust from the Elements of Honesty and Loyalty...Guess I saw that comnig.'


"Well, Mr. 'Terra' hows about you answer Twi's question. How could such a simple spell teleport you?" she asked, looking at me skeptically. I had not thought of that. 'Shit, somebody help me...' I thought desperately. I could keep a pretty damn good poker face, unless I was happy, so the girls hopefully couldn't see through it.


I felt something poke at my mind, in a bored way, like it had done the same thing a million times before. I had no idea how to respond to it, so I just said in my mind 'Hello?' I felt the presence, which had been about to leave, pause, then shoot back into me.


I suddenly felt years and years of sitting strong, of wind blowing by me, of leaves falling off my- 'Sorry!' I heard a feminine voice in my head. It didn't sound like any of the girls, or Rudra or Gaia. 'I'm sorry, but I have never found anypony that could hear me, let alone respond!' said the voice. It had the same firm, yet gentle tone of Gaia.


'Who are you?' I asked the voice. I guessed she was another spirit, probably Earth, like Gaia.'Where are you?' I looked around the room, not realizing that Twilight was asking me something. I looked around and saw a pulsing light green aura filling the tree. As soon as I spotted it, it started gathering up into one spot, directly in front of me, and right behind Twilight. The aura formed into a pony-like structure, but didn't form a body.


'I am Mahogany, the spirit of this tree.' she said. I noticed that she was still in my head, probably to make sure I didn't speak out loud, and make everypony think I was insane. Which I wasn't. Mostly. I simply stood there and stared at the aura, which I took to be where she was. She faced me and started shifting from side to side. Eventually she probably got creeped out, because she nearly shouted in my mind, 'What is it?!?!?'


I just blinked and thought 'Mahogany.' She heard me, and the thought that came with it. She looked at me, and I could see the fright on her not-face. 'Bow before the desk, but worship the Popo.' I thought. 'Sorry about that, that side of me sometimes can't be repressed. Now, you are a spirit that inhabits this tree?'


She shook her aura-head and said 'No, I AM the tree.' So I had just freaked out a tree? Looks like I can cross that off the bucket list...'You should really pay attention to what is happening around you, Terra.' She said. Wait what? I blinked and shook my head as her aura faded. I looked around the room and saw that the girls were all staring at me with confused looks on their faces.


"Um, Terra? You ok there?" Twilight asked. I looked over at her and blinked. I could see a tinge of green sitting in her. It was the same color of Mahogany, and was drifting about over her horn. I guess Mahogany liked her. "You kinda spaced out for a minute there, then whispered 'Mahogany' in a wierd voice." Well it looks like something slipped through...


"I'm sorry, I sometimes do that. Not the mahogany thing, the spacing out thing. What was your question?"


"When your friend, Tune Up, you said? Cast the spell on you, did you feel anything strange? Like the feeling of a lot of energy passing through you?" I'm guessing that would be a spell overload...


"Yes, and she shouted out something like 'I overloaded it!' before it flashed." I really don't like lying to them, but I have to.


"That's what I thought, it was a simple spell overload. They tend to have completely random effects. Including, apparently, teleportation." Huzzah! My luck has held! "Alright, some more questions. What do you know about Discord?" Quizzin to see if I'm a spy, eh? Smart lass.


"I know that he is a Spirit of Disharmony, and was defeated at least once before, by the Princesses." Thank you Season Two.


"He was defeated twice." Alright, so I'm at least after the events of the first ep of Season 2... "Once by the Princesses, and once by the Elements of Harmony." Ok, so not an alternate universe...


"The Elements of Harmony? They are real?!" I asked, feigning ignorance. I need to figure out some details here...


"Yes, and we are-" she was cut off by a loud cough from Applejack. She turned and looked at her inquisitively. I saw Applejack shake her head slowly. Guess they don't want me to know. "U-Uh, never mind. So, next question. What is-" she was cut off, again, by Pinkie Pie.


"What does your cutie mark mean?" she asked, her head tilted to the side. I tilted my head and looked at my flank. My cutie mark was a large oak tree, but it had something scratched on it, like how people carve their initials on a tree in crappy romantic stories and stuff. I looked closer and saw, to my surprise, it was the symbol for Earthbending, from Avatar. What? Maybe it has something to do with the seeing Spirits of Earth thing...


"I dunno." They all gasped in shock and stared at me, their jaws, quite literally, on the floor. "It might have something to do with the fact that I'm currently seeing a pony-shaped green thing standing behind you Twilight." I needed to speak the truth. They all turned to look behind Twilight.


They were all staring directly at the spot were Mahogany was now panicking. 'Why did you tell them I was here? They can't see me.' I simply grinned as I saw Twilight's horn start to glow. I saw a wave of purple go out in all directions. When it hit Mahogany, it bounced back, sort of like how you would imagine Echo-Location works. It hit Twilight, and she recoiled in shock.


"There is something there!" She said. She looked at me and said, "How did you know that it was there without using magic?"


"First off, 'it' is a girl, and she has a name."


"Oh really? And what is 'her' name?" Rainbow asked. Why has she been so silent? Whatever...


"Her name is Mahogany." 'Oy, you think you can speak through me or something?' Mahogany looked at me, startled.


'You would let me do that? You would trust me with your body?' I simply turned to her and nodded. I saw her aura form into a mist, sort of like Nightmare Moon in Episode one, and float towards me. When it reached me, it started entering my body as I inhaled it. After a few breaths, I found that I was looking from where Mahogany was standing before. I saw my body, but something had changed. I looked closer and saw that my cutie mark had disappeared. My body opened it's eyes, and I saw that, instead of the previous green, they were now brown. The rest of my body suddenly shrunk in on itself a little, making me look more feminine.


During this entire transformation, the Mane Six had simply stared at me-er, Mahogany. Mahogany studied my body for a few seconds, shifting from hoof-to-hoof, getting used to it. She looked at Twilight and said, "Hello! My name is Mahogany." Twilight's eyes widened, and she took a step back. "Terra said I could inhabit his body, probably because he is to lazy to explain on his own." I frowned at her, before realizing I had no face. I was an aura, like Mahogany was. I found I was a deep, dark green, unlike Mahogany's light green. While Mahogany was explaining herself to the mares, I walked around and looked at the covers of the books. They were in English, thank god. 'Egghead's Guide to Racing' 'A Brief History of Equestria' and 'Star Swirl the Bearded's Guide to Teleportation' were a few.


"Terra?" I turned and looked back at Mahogany, and tilted my head inquisitively, since I hadn't figured out how to talk yet. "I'm done explaining." I nodded and started walking towards her. I didn't know how to do the Gas form thing, so I just walked into her. I felt her exit my body as I entered it. I shook my head as the freedom of having no body left, and I was reacquianted with gravity. I have a feeling me and the floor will be having an intimate relationship in the future.


As I stood up, Fluttershy finally spoke up. "T-Terra? Is that you?"


I gave her a wide grin and said "Yep, its me."


Twilight looked at me and said "That was...strange, to say the least. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as how you are Blessed by the ancient Spirit Gaia." How...how did she figure that out?


"What do ya mean Twi?" Good question Applejack! Please answer it now!


"His cutie mark. I saw it in a book about ancient symbols. The oak tree is the symbol associated with the Blessings of the Earth, and the symbol on the tree is only given to those blessed by Gaia herself..." She said, only now realizing what it meant. "And you say you can't remember anything in between the spell and getting here?"


And I have to lie more...."That's right. All I can remember is the flash and then arriving here."


"Huh... Well, I'm guessing you have no place to stay, right?"


"No, but I can make due." Ok, that was a lie, and we all knew it. I don't like taking other peo-ponies (Damn pony terms) hospitality. Especially after I told them a series of lies. It makes me feel guilty.


She gathered the girls into another huddle and they started quietly arguing. I turned to Mahogany, and tilted my head. She just shrugged, and I turned and saw the girls had finished.


Twilight turned towards me and said "You can stay here."


"I wouldn't want to impose-"


"Nonsense! It would be no trouble at all." I started to feel the onset of the guilt come.


"If you insist..." And there's the guilt.


The rest of the girls started filing out, giving me smiles. Except for Rainbow. She just gave me a blank look. I turned and saw Spike glaring at me. I looked at him with a bored look. He said "If you hurt Twilight, I'll make you pay."


I raised my eyebrows a little and said "Mate, I'm not going to hurt anypony." Except Trixie or Blueblood. They are eeevil...


I turned and looked at Twilight, who had started going up the stairs. "Don't mind Spike, he's just a little overprotective. I'm sorry, but we don't have a guest room. Are you ok with the couch?" She asked


"Of course, ma'am." Looks like my force of habit is coming out again...


She gave me an odd look before turning and walking up the stairs. Spike gave me the 'I'm watching you' sign before following her. I walked over and jumped on the brown couch in the corner. 'I'm guessing this is just one of the few little details different from the show.' I laid down and what had happened that day finally hit me. I fell asleep whispering "Ohmygosh" to myself.