• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 1,248 Views, 30 Comments

Blessed - Sonicbrony66



A human ends up in Equestria and is charged with protecting Harmony. No, he's not a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Or, at least, I hope he's not.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,248

Start of an Adventure

I looked all around and saw there was more than one bubble. There were hundreds! I saw one of the nearby buildings begin to change as an orange lightning bolt hit it. I saw its structure change and shift until it was made of nothing but blocks. In shock I studied the rest of the town. The same change was happening everywhere. Houses shifted from small, cartoony figures to large, blocky structures. A small bubble floated down in front of me and burst. A bolt struck me. I can't exactly describe what I felt then. All I know is that it felt I was shifting somehow. After a few moments I blinked. My view had changed. I saw a...Meter at the bottom. Topped with nine familiar boxes which were, in turn, topped with two familiar bars. "No." I said in disbelief. I turned around to see bubbles floating down in front of the girls. The bubbles popped, and multicolored lightning bolts hit them all. I saw a change going through their bodies, starting in their muzzles and spreading outward. The change continued, leaving their bodies blocky and strange. When the change finished, most of them attempted to focus on the HUD at the bottom of their view. Fluttershy, however, squeeked and covered her eyes with her hooves. "Well shit. And I had just built myself a persona!" I said. They were gonna remain like that for a while, unless someone did something.


"Alright girls, I'm gonna need supplies!" They all turned to me in confusion. "Rarity, run down to the Boutique and grab all the diamonds you can carry! Applejack, go and get me some wood and as many sticks as you can find! Rainbow Dash, get me some apples! We're gonna need them!" I stood for a few seconds waiting. They just stared at me.


"How did you know-" Rarity began to ask.


"Doesn't matter, just do it!" They continued to stare. "Alright, let me re-word that: Doesn't matter, Ponyville is in danger, just do it!" This spurred them and shot off in different directions. "Twilight!" She turned to me in shock. "This is an area tainted by Discord now. You must have dealt with a few, so how do we stop it?"


"I do- I don- I-I-I-"


"Out with it girl!"


"I don't know! Princess Celestia was going to send another letter telling me how!"


"Then go and grab Spike wom-mare! With any luck he'll have recieved the letter by now." She turned and galloped off. "Fluttershy."


"Eep!" She squeaked. I looked around for her and saw her blocky tail protruding from underneath a nearby table. I looked down for a moment and decided to leave her.


"You stay where you are." Her head popped out and she nodded once, then went back to cowering. "Pinkie!"


"Yupperooni! What is it boss? Do I need to go collect Obsidian so we can build a Nether Portal? Oooh! Or maybe you want me to tunnel down to bedrock! I can tunnel much faster if I dig straight down-" I tried to cover her mouth with a hoof but ended up hitting her. She flashed red and jumped back half a block. "Owie! That hurt!"


"Sorry. First off, no picks! How do you expect to get obsidian without a diamond pick? Second off, straight down leads to lava. Always. And no, I need you to be lookout. Tell me if anything comes near that isn't pony." She saluted before turning and watching the streets with wide eyes.


I walked back inside the shop and saw everypony was still there, and still normal. The shop, however, was a completely different story. Everything was blocky. The tables where just fence posts with wooden pressure plates on them, surrounded by stairs. I looked and saw a single block of smoothstone directly in front of me. I looked above it and saw a one block hole in the ceiling. "Both these stayed...Alright everybod-pony needs to stay in here! When I leave, close the front door and do not let anything other than ponies inside! If you see anything tall and slender, don't look directly at it! Anything green-" I heard a small harrumph of indignation from the crowd, "comes near you that isn't pony, run. If anypony comes to the door let them in and DO NOT LET THEM OUT! Understand?"


A chorus of "Yes"'s were heard, until somepony asked "Why?" I shook my head in annoyance and said, "Look around you! The entire building has changed and outside isn't too different! Chaos has arrived! And you all need to stay safe!" I looked around the room to see a bunch of frightened faces. "Stay indoors until myself or any of the Elements say it is clear." I looked back up to the hole in the ceiling. "Well I can solve that problem when-"


I heard a loud shout from Pinkie and ran outside. "What is it? Creeper, Zombie, Enderman, Skelly, or Spider?!"


"It's an Applejack!" And she pointed with a blocky hoof at a figure in the distance sprinting towards us. It was indeed Applejack, and she had something in her hoof. How she ran on three hooves I'll never guess. Probably magic. Maybe Chaos.


She arrived in a few moments, a small brown block of wood in her hoof. "I brought the things you asked for. But why do we need these and how do you-"


"Rainbow at three o'clock!" Pinkie shouted. I looked to the right and spotted a blue blur with a rainbow trail behind it.


"Good she can still fly. Means unicorns can still probably use magic..." I muttered. "Right. Just need to wait for Rarity with the diamonds then Twi with the info. I'll explain everythi-ok a bit then." Applejack looked at me confusedly. "In the meantime, throw some wood at me. She raised her hoof and flailed it momentarily. "Just look at me and think 'Q' repeatedly." She did so and about four blocks of wood flew towards me. I stood near them for a moment before they flew into my inventory. There were four blocks of Birch wood. I thought 'E' and a menu opened in front of my eyes. I focused on the blocks of wood in my inventory and thought 'Right Click'. Two of the blocks began floating above the rest. I moved the block over to the crafting table and thought 'Right Click' again. One was placed and the output appeared. Four wooden planks. "Good crafting is still the same...Give me a moment."


I walked back to the door and knocked once on the door. "Who-Who is it?" I heard a fearful voice say.


"Me again. Just need to fix something." The door swung open and I was greeted with several frightened faces. I walked up to the block of smooth stone and examined the hole above it. One by one...Good. I thought. I examined the rest of the ceiling and saw that the texture of the planks in my hoof matched. I looked back at the hole and focused on the side of the block next to it. I 'Right clicked' again and my hoof swung out involuntarily, and the hole was filled. "Great! Now that's done, just need to get rid of the block. As I began to swing my hoof at it, the block sunk into the floor, wooden planks filling its spot. "Well....That was strange."


I walked back outside, the ponies slamming the door shut behind me, to see Rarity briskly trotting towards me. "Good, diamonds! AJ, give me the sticks."


"Uh, here ya go." She tossed a pile of sticks at me and I picked them up. I had a full stack of them. Rarity reached us in a few moments, with a blue block in her hoof.


"I couldn't find any diamonds at all! This is what replaced them!"


"Toss it here. Think 'Q' repeatedly." She did and I the small pile up. I checked my hotbar and saw that she had given me several stacks of diamond blocks. "Oh hells yeah." I said with a small grin on my face. I opened my inventory and quickly crafted the blocks into diamonds, before building a crafting table and plonking it down. I right clicked it and began crafting. Alright gonna need seven sets of armor, seven sets of swords and....Enough left for a diamond pick! I crafted all the items after a few moments and exited the table. When I did, I saw Twilight and Rainbow coming down the road. "Good they're here. But where's spike?" Rainbow arrived first, an apple held in her hoof. Twilight came with a non corrupted scroll in her hoof.


"We need...to find....the source....of Chaos...and....destroy it." She panted out.


"And I guess you do that with the Elements huh? Alright Dash hand out the apples. Toss them by thinking 'Q'. If anypony sees the bar on the right drop, eat an apple. Ok Twilight where is the artifcact slash mystical force slash boss battle?"


"What?"


I sighed. "The source mare! Where is the source?"


"According to Princess Celestia, the Everfree forest." I groaned.


"Well at least its close. Let's go." I began to trudge off before a blue form blocked my way.


"Hang on a minute! How do you know what's going on here? Why should YOU be giving US orders? How did you make that rock come up earlier? And how did you know about the Elements? You must be a spy for Discord!"


"If I was a spy would I be even trying to help you right now?" I said with a deadpan expression. "Look, all that really matters is that I'm on your side, and I know how to help. Now shut the fuck up and let me pass." She hung there with a shocked expression on her face. I walked around her and stopped after a few steps. "Oh right, before I forget, everybody take a sword and a set of armor. Just walk over it, think 'E', and move the armor to the corresponding slots in the top right. Just swing the sword in the enemy's general direction." I equipped my armor and watched as they froze and adopted emotionless faces as they picked up the items. After a few moments armor began to appear on their bodies, A helm with a hole for Twilight and Rarity's horns, a chestplate with openings for Rainbow and Fluttershy's wings that covered their front half, leggings that covered their back half, and boots that covered their hooves. The emotionless face dropped, leaving shock and awe in the ponies. "Alright girls move. I'll explain on the way."


We began trotting towards the Everfree, Twilight leading the way. I explained my basic situation to them. I was from another dimension, four seemingly ancient beings chose me to protect this world (Which seemed insane to me, now that I think about it), and that I knew a bit about their world. I left out most of the unnecessary details, like how I knew what I did and just what I really was. Within minutes we reached to Everfree and stopped. "Well here we are. Alright I want to give you a few warnings about this. It is currently like Minecraft. Everything is blocky, and there are enemies. If you see something that isn't one of us, tell me. If it's black, do not look directly at it. If you do, keep watching it directly and tell me. Anything green that looks sad, back away from it. Hear any hissing, run from it. Fluttershy, do not hug the sad creatures, as their entire goal is to kill us and cause as much destruction as they can. Any questions?" I turned to them and waited. "No? Good. Off we go." And thus began my adventure.