• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 388 Views, 7 Comments

Fight or Flight - Wildheart1337



Fluttershy is zapped to the future; Queen Chrystalis has taken over Equestria. Will Fluttershy's friends reconize her or will she by acused of being a changeling imposter. Please review, I am looking to improve.

  • ...
3
 7
 388

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash stood alone in a large chamber. Fluttershy trembled at the sudden feeling of dread and crept closer to Rainbow Dash.

“It’s ok, Fluttershy, Twilight will be over-joyed to see us,” Rainbow Dash said soothingly. Suddenly a door opened and Twilight stepped through the opening.

“Twilight,” exclaimed Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash at the same time. Twilight had an eye patch over one eye, and her other widened at the sight of her old friends.

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight exclaimed rushing up to give Rainbow Dash a hug. Twilight broke the embrace then turned to Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy,” Twilight exclaimed hugging the yellow Pegasus.

“It’s really you,” Twilight asked braking from the embrace.

“Y-yes,” Fluttershy stammered.

“Rainbow Dash,” called Applejack’s voice turning both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to see the orange earth-pony.

“AJ,” Rainbow Dash greeted.

“You’re a mess, darling,” called Rarity’s voice. Rarity’s mane still held its shape and her coat was just as beautiful.

“Still the same old, Rarity, I see,” Rainbow Dash complemented as Rarity came up.

“Where’s Pinkie Pie,” Fluttershy asked glancing around shocked that the pink pony was not among her friends.

“Pinkie has been a little unstable since Chrysalis took over,” Twilight Sparkle explained.

“I want to see her,” Fluttershy said.

“Ok, but don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Twilight answered before turning to leave. Fluttershy followed Twilight Sparkle through the base until the lights grew dimmer. Twilight stopped in front of a metal latched door.

“This is her room,” Twilight said.

“Are you coming in with me,” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight shook her head “it’s usually better for her with one.” Twilight unlatched the door and opened the door.

“Pinkie Pie, its Fluttershy,” Twilight called into the dim room. Fluttershy walked into the room to find herself surrounded by darkness.

“Fluttershy,” called Pinkie Pie’s cheerful voice. “No, you’re not Fluttershy,” called Pinkie Pie in a darker melancholy voice “she disappeared years ago.”

“Pinkie Pie it’s me, Fluttershy,” Fluttershy whimpered.

“I know that silly,” called Pinkie Pie’s cheerful voice. “Yeah, yeah sure you are,” fussed the other voice.

“Maybe you could turn on a light and you can see for yourself,” Fluttershy suggested.

“Of course,” Pinkie Pie called as hoof steps sounded from the opposite side of the room. The lights flickered on half-dazzling Fluttershy. When her sight adjusted she caught a glimpse of Pinkie Pie. The pink pony huddled in the corner and hid her eyes from the light.

“Pinkie Pie,” Fluttershy murmured walking over to her friend.

“It’s too bright,” Pinkie Pie moaned in a melancholy voice.

“Pinkie are you okay,” Fluttershy asked; Pinkie Pie turned to Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie’s eyes were dark and blood shot; the whites of Pinkie Pie’s eyes were pink with light sensitivity.

“Pinkie,” Fluttershy gasped as she crouched beside Pinkie Pie.

“Please, turn the light off,” Pinkie Pie begged. Fluttershy’s gaze was held upon Pinkie for a moment; then she backed away in terror as Pinkie’s expression changed.

“Get away from me,” Pinkie Pie shrieked and galloped to the other corner. Fluttershy quickly turned the light off hoping to sooth her friend.

“I’m sorry,” Fluttershy whispered as she worked her way to where Pinkie Pie was. Fluttershy’s touch caused Pinkie Pie to turn to her.

“You really are Fluttershy,” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Yes,” Fluttershy answered stroking Pinkie Pie trying to comfort her friend.

**********

Rainbow Dash stood in the large chamber with Applejack and Rarity.

“I would like to tour this place,” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Of course, darling,” Rarity answered.

“Right this way, Rainbow,” Applejack said leading Rainbow Dash out of a side door.

“This is the bunk,” Applejack said as they passed through a room cluttered with beds.

“We didn’t have much room to work with in here, but I tried to make us as comfortable as possible,” Rarity explained. Rainbow Dash saw Scootaloo curled up comfortably on a bed. Rainbow Dash felt that the young filly deserved a rest after her adventure.

“This is the mess hall,” Applejack said as they entered another large chamber. “Ah don’t know why we call it the mess hall, it’s hardly ever messy.”

“Would you like a muffin,” Ditzy asked holding a plate of muffins out to Rainbow Dash. Ditzy was grinning from ear to ear; her eyes were shut tight do to the tension.

“Thanks,” Rainbow Dash said taking a muffin and devoured it as she followed Applejack to the next room. Applejack ducked as a disk flew through the air and sank into a target.

“This is are barracks,” Applejack said.

“Aw yeah, welcome back, Rainbow Dash,” called a voice. Rainbow Dash turned to see a white unicorn with a blue and white mane.

“Vinyl Scratch,” Rainbow Dash greeted as Vinyl Scratch’s hoof collided against hers.

“I would love to sit and talk, but you’re in the way of my target,” Vinyl Scratch said. Rainbow Dash moved to the side as Vinyl Scratch charged forward launching a disco disc from her hoof. The disc flew through the air in an arch where it embedded in a target.

“How have you been handling things, Vinyl Scratch,” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Why, I took it upon myself to become the Resistance’s elite soldier,” Vinyl Scratch answered launching a second disc at the target.

“Your pretty good at it,” Rainbow Dash complemented.

“Yeah, tell that to the changeling who handed my flank to me last week,” Vinyl Scratch grumbled. Her ignorance is worse than mine, Rainbow Dash thought as Vinyl Scratch launched two discs at the target.

“Lieutenant Applejack,” called a voice turning Applejack and Rainbow Dash to see Lyra galloping to them. Lyra skidded to a stop in front of Applejack gulping in breaths of air.

“Whoa, Lyra, take it easy,” Rainbow Dash soothed as Lyra gulped in more air.

“Apple ‘gasp’ Jack ‘gasp’ come quickly,” Lyra gasped. Applejack nodded and followed Lyra as she turned and galloped back down the corridor. Rainbow Dash followed with Vinyl Scratch just behind. Lyra and Applejack stopped at a small cavern opening; an earth-pony and two Pegasi stood out on a rocky ledge.

“What is it,” Applejack asked coming up to the ponies.

“We saw three ponies headed this way from Everfree forest,” reported the earth-pony. Rainbow Dash gazed out into the trees searching for movement. Rainbow Dash knottiest three ponies moving through the brush.

“It’s the scout party,” Applejack announced catching sight of the ponies. Rainbow Dash however recognized all but one pony among the group. There was no mistaking the silver mane.

“Weaving Silver,” Rainbow Dash growled.

“Who,” Applejack asked turning to Rainbow Dash.

“A new breed of changeling,” Rainbow Dash answered “fights by your side making you actually believe that they are your friend.” Rainbow Dash took a moment before adding “before they change and crush your heart.”

“You know her,” Lyra asked coming up to Rainbow Dash.

“Thought I did,” Rainbow Dash answered narrowing her eyes.

“Let’s go,” Applejack ordered before she started skidding down the cliff. Rainbow Dash launched into the air and landed in front of the scout party.

“So you decided to follow me, Weaving Silver,” Rainbow Dash demanded. Weaving Silver stared at Rainbow Dash if she was seeing her for the first time.