• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 4,367 Views, 82 Comments

Spike and Rainbow Dash - winzaur

  • ...
16
 82
 4,367

Chapter 4

When Spike and Rainbow got to SugarCube Corner, Spike was about ready to explode. He had spent the entire way riding on Rainbow’s back, and though it was a lot more comfy then he expected, Spike was ready to sit down.

As they walked inside the restaurant-café-den-of-the-sugar-god, Rainbow could tell something was amiss. It was quiet, too quiet.

“SURPRISE” Came the customary Pinkie Pie greeting, firing off her party cannon, “You guys are the 746 and 747 customers today! You get a free mini celebration!”

Spike and Rainbow stood still for a second while Pinkie’s unflinching smile pressed against their faces. “It’s great Pinkie,” Spike said, looking around a little nervously, “We were just looking for a quick snack after lowering the ground level today.” Rainbow laughed sheepishly as Spike then went on to explain the day’s events. Pinkie listened intently during Spike’s recounting and then jumped up into the air, hovered there for a few seconds, and said,

“That sounds so super-duper fun! You know what this calls for right??” She started hopping around the corner, making a mental checklist of all the things she’d need. “A PARTAYYYYYYYYYY”

“Or… we can get some food first?” Spike said, hopeful for Pinkie’s famous gem cupcake, the tastiest delectable treat in all the land. Legend has it, that Pinkie gained her deity status by seducing an elder dragon with the cupcake, then, as it was leaning in for a kiss, she stole all of its magical powers. The magic she gained allows her to exist in a multitemporal plane of existence giving her the power to travel at the speed of light.

“Well of course Spikey! Anything for you and your daaaaaateeeeeee,” Pinkie said with a giggle ignoring the now extreme blushes coming from both Rainbow and Spike. Spike less so due to his desire for the magical cupcake, but Rainbow’s blush was something to behold. Almost as bright as the red streak in her mane, the blush seemed to take hold of her entire face.

“Pinkie! We are not on a date, we just spent too much time getting blown into each other. I mean… we spent too much time in the dirt together… err.. We just need some food okay?” Rainbow said, her blush intensifying with each word she said. Pinkie just kept smiling wider and wider.

“Sure thing Dashie! I’ll get you that cupcake you’ve been eying Spike, anything you want Rainbow?”

“Sure Pinks, I’ll get a sundae with extra sprinkles,” Spike looked at Rainbow curiously. “Whatcha thinking Spike?”

Before Spike had a chance to answer, Pinkie returned with the food and all hopes of having a conversation with Spike were lost. Within moments, he had taken a bite of the cupcake and he began to experience an amazing feeling. He had wings! He tried to move them but they wouldn’t budge. He then tried to move himself but he was also stuck. Then everything returned to normal. “Pinkie, what do you call the stuff you put in this?” He asked,

Pinkie stuck her head out of the kitchen, “I call it Red Minotaur, it gives you wings.”

“Huh” Spike said, “That’s weird, I feel kinda like how I felt this morning…” His eyes narrowed until the pupils became slits.

“Uh, Spike are you okay?” Rainbow asked, getting a little nervous. Typically most mammals know to avoid reptiles with eyes like that, but in this case she found it a little interesting. ‘ Man Spike’s eyes are awesome, he is kind of more awesome then most of the colts in this town. To be fair that’s not saying much…’ She thought, “Hey Spike, what’s up?”

“Rainbow,” he said, a creepy grin taking over his face. “We are going to do, EVERYTHING.” Rainbow of course, was a little confused by this but always in the mood for some mischief said,

“Alright what’s the plan?”

“Well first we can …” Spike launched into a long and tedious plan about how they can prank every single pony in town; with the exception of Fluttershy of course. First they would start with Twilight, it would take some glue, some feathers and some invisible magic ink. Then after they finished with Twilight, they would move onto Applejack. They would need some paint a couple of cardboard cut-outs and the recruitment of Apple Bloom who would be more than willing to prank her sister. Next it got a little harder. With Pinkie being so good at pranking herself, this would be an incredible challenge for the pair. They thought long and hard about what they wanted to do and in the end they came up with the best prank of all time. It was so complex and convoluted that they hired a technical engineer to help design the trebuchet and a pyro technician to launch the fireworks.

7 hours later

“That…Was…intense…” Spike said as he and Rainbow both collapsed on the ground just under the swordfish cloud. They both lay there for a couple minutes before Spike said “We should totally do that again, I just wish I didn’t have to clean up the feathers tomorrow.”

“Twilight was sure mad about that, the funniest was when she kept trying to open her books but the glue wouldn’t budge.” Rainbow said, rolling on the ground trying to control her laughter. “Hey look the sun is setting.”

“Yeah I always loved the sunset,” Spike said, turning towards the now darkening sky. “I always thought it looked beautiful. Couldn’t really see it in Canterlot all that much, but in Ponyville it looks amazing.”

“Hey Spike?”

“Yeah Rainbow what’s up?”

“This is kinda nice, just not moving and relaxing. It feels peaceful.” Rainbow said as she stared of into the distance. “Hey don’t tell anyone, but, I did have a lot of fun today Spike. You’re pretty cool.”

“Thanks Rainbow, you’re pretty cool too” Spike said with a grin knowing what was coming next.”

“Pretty cool? Don’t you mean super mega awesome radical cool?” Rainbow shot back all traces of the moment that was just shared gone once again. Spike rolled his eyes and said,

“Of course Rainbow, I should head home, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Course, see you back here whenever you want, we got loads to do tomorrow. Remember competition is in a month.” Rainbow said already getting ready to leave for her home.

“Oh and Rainbow? Thanks for today,” Spike said. “I’ll see you later.”

Rainbow flew off to her house extra quickly today, for some reason, she wanted the morning to come quicker. She wasn’t entirely sure why but as she bedded down for the night, remembering to feed Tank, she thought about the day and said quietly before falling asleep, “See you tomorrow Spike.”

When Spike got home, he was faced with a still angry Twilight who said, “Spike you better have a good reason for all the ruckus you caused today. Applejack came over here with a very confused expression and ponies thought the apocalypse was happening with the trebuchet stunt. What were you thinking?” Spike looked at her with a smile and simply said,

“Today was fun, and tomorrow will be just as fun.”