• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 6,944 Views, 72 Comments

A New King - spectrobe18



not knowing how he arrived in the world of equestria he looks for a way home, however while doing this he gets stuck trying to help both the ponies and the changelings.

  • ...
42
 72
 6,944

Urgent Message

I roll over and I hit the floor. I sit up and rub my face. I’m certainly awake now. I go into the kitchen where Fluttershy is talking to herself. It was a practice conversation between her and Iron Hoof.

“It’s nice to know that you’re practicing.”

She jumps and lets out a squeak. She turns around blushing madly.

“Oh g-good morning.”

“Morning. I just came in to tell you that I was heading to A.j.’s now.”

I go to the door and open it before Fluttershy stops me.

“Um how much of that did you hear?”

I grin.

“Not enough.”

I leave and when I got to the farm A.j. comes to greet me.

“Good mornin Dillon are you ready to work?”

“Sure.”

We start working and thanks to the magic of the horn I got so much more done. I would carry a few baskets and I would have some levitate by me. This job would normally take all day, but I was able to finish around lunchtime. By this time I’m physically and mentally exhausted, but my leg hurt the most where the horn constantly jabbed my leg. A.j. comes over with a bag of bits.

“Here ya go sugar cube.”

“Thanks. Hey um do you have any tools I could use I need to fix something.”

“Yea they’re in the barn just put them back when you’re finished.”

“Ok.”

I go to the barn and enter. In the back corner were the tools. I take the horn out and put it on the workbench. I look at the tools and start thinking about what I could do. I see a saw and an old fashioned drill.

I know what I’m going to make now. I take the saw off the wall and cut the base of the horn off. I then take the drill and make a hole in the piece I cut off. I make a simple ring and it fit on my ring finger perfectly. I test it and it still holds its magical properties.

I put the tools up then I head to Twilights house. Now that I can read the language I can help look for spells to send me back home. When I get there I knock on the door and Spike opens it. He still hasn’t gotten used to me yet and he was about to slam the door in my face. I reach in and pick him up by his tail then Twilight comes in. She giggled at the sight of us.

“What are you two doing?”

“I’m just making sure someone didn’t run off.”

I put Spike down and as soon as he touched the ground he took off.

“Oh Spike. So Dillon what are you doing here?”

“I came to see if I could help look for spells to send me home.”

“Alright I have a stack already on the desk over there and I’ll have Spike give you more if you need them. I’ll help you in a little bit, but first I have to write my report to Celestia.”

I nod then I go to her desk and take the stack of books. Then I go sit down and start reading. After about two hours I’m on the last book in the stack and I’ve had no luck so far. I do find something interesting in this book even though it’s not what I’m looking for. It tells how to use five elements earth, fire, ice, electric, and light.

This might come in handy later so I’m going to learn them. I really can’t test earth out in Twilight house that one will just have to wait until I leave. Fire you have to focus on a spot and image it burning hot. I hold out my hand and test it between my index and thumb. A small flame appeared. With ice you have to image it freezing. I then make a shard of ice. Electric you do the same as fire, but it has to move place to place extremely fast. I made a spark. Last is light and all you have to do for this image something getting brighter. My hand starts to give off a faint glow.

“Ok that was creepy.”

I stop for a minute.

“Is this what they consider spells? I feel more like the Avatar than anything else.”

I get back to reading. In bold letters at the bottom of the page was a warning. It says not to use these spells in large quantities or long periods of time because it could cause the user anything between headaches and death. It also says if you can reduce these effects if you have a gem of the elements color. I close the book and stretch. Twilight comes over.

“I see you’ve finish the books I’ll have Spike bring you some more. Spike!”

“I’m already on it.”

He comes over and places another stack next to me before trying to run off again, but I grabbed his tail and held him in front of me. He closes his eyes and covers his face with his arms like I was going to strike him. This surprised Twilight.

“What are you-”

I cut her off by holding my other hand out in front of her.

“Spike why are you scared of me?”

“I-I’m n-not s-s-scare of y-you.”

“It’s obvious that you’re lying. What could I do for you so you’re no longer afraid?”

“You could put me down.”

“That would be a start, but you can’t run away.”

I put him down.

“So Spike tell me the rest of your reasons.”

“O-ok. There was a time that I left Ponyville and tried to live with other dragons. They told stories of these creatures called humans that would slay our kind. Of course I didn’t believe them I thought they were only trying to scare me, but then you came along.”

“They are just stories. In my world dragons aren’t real. They could only be found in our stories and let me tell you they are normally human’s allies.”

“So you wouldn’t hurt me.”

“No, in fact I could use your help now. My books tell me some dragons eat gems and if that is true I would like to know if you have any.”

“No I don’t have any at the moment, but I do know somepony that should have some. I could take you to her if you would like.”

“That would be great.”

I stand up.

“Lead the way.”

We walk to the door and Spike calls back to Twilight.

“I’ll be back in a little while.”

Twilight just stands there. She must be trying to take in the idea of dragon slaying. We walk in silence all the way to the pony’s house that just happen to be Rarity’s. I knock on the door and Sweetie answers it.

“Brother!”

“Hey sis. Is your sister home?”

I hear Rarity yell from another room.

“Sweetie who is it?”

“It’s Spike and big brother.”

Rarity comes down from her room and we come inside.

“Hello Rarity I came over because Spike here told me you might have some gems that I could have.”

“I can give you a few. Is there any specific kind you’re looking for?”

“I need a red, yellow, blue, and a brown gem.”

“I don’t have brown, but I do have the rest. May I ask what you need them for?”

“Jewelry I need to make rings out of them.”

Rarity perks up.

“Is this for somepony? A special somepony? If it is you have to introduce me. You haven’t been here very long and you’re already in a relationship like this. Is it even all right for you to be with a pony? Oh my this is wonderful!”

“Rarity! Rarity your making assumptions. I would love to introduce you to my special someone, but she’s not here and the rings will be for me.”

“I’m sorry I did get ahead of myself didn’t I?”

I nod.

“Well to make up for that I’ll have a friend of mine make your rings.”

“Thank you.”

Sweetie comes over and tugs on my pants.

“Brother can you come play with me?”

“Sure, what are we going to play?”

“Hide ‘n’ seek.”

“Alright you go hide and I’ll start counting.”
She runs off and before I started counting I see Rarity and Spike leaving. I count to 50 then I search for Sweetie. It wasn’t hard to find her because her horn gave away her spot. We play a few more rounds then her friends show up. They wanted to try to get their cutie marks. Apple Bloom suggested they try to be hair stylist. I had to see this so I tagged along.

They didn’t get any volunteers, but they did find a pony that fell asleep on a bench. The girls knew her as Berry Punch. They tried to dye her hair. It didn’t go very well because they used lime green paint. I wasn’t surprised when they didn’t get their cutie marks. Now that they are done causing trouble they brought me to their tree house. They ran inside then bring out a tiny red cloth and I notice they’re wearing red capes. Sweetie gives me the cape.

“Um what’s this for?”

“It your cutie mark crusader cape.”

“Ok it seems that I’m part of your little group and I look forward to the adventures your going to put me through.”

The cape was to small for me to put on so I put it in my pocket and the emblem showed. It was now starting to get late. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo go home while I take Sweetie back. We arrive a little bit before Rarity and Spike do.

“Dillon what perfect timing. Here are your rings.”

She levitates my rings over to me and I put them on.

“Wow perfect fit.”

“Yes, my friend who made them actually does this normally for me when I need a gem shaped when I’m making clothes.”

I hear Spike mutter under his breath.

“Lucky.”

Right after he spoke he let out a belch with green flames then a letter fell to his feet. He picks it up and reads it.

“Excuse me I have to go give this to Twilight.”

He takes off running.

“I’m going to head out now to see ya.”

I take off after Spike and quickly catch up. I pick him up and carry him the rest of the way. Once we reach the house I barge in causing Twilight to jump. I drop Spike and he rushes over to give the letter to Twilight. She reads the letter and her eyes grow wide.

“What does it say?”

“It’s from my brother. He said he followed your plan and he got your numbers. 15 percent of Canterlots population are changelings and even though he reassured them they could still live there in peace they have been scared. The bolder ones have been coming to the castle demanding answers like who planned this and why. He’s also afraid they may get together and riot.”

“I’m assuming you can get a letter to Shining.”

She nods.

“Tell him I’ll be at the castle early tomorrow morning to help and can you tell Fluttershy where I’m going?”

“You’re going now?”

“Yea the sooner the problem is solved the better.”

“Do you have enough bits for a train ticket?”

“I should I just got paid today.”

“Alright I’ll get the letter to Shining and goodbye.”

“Bye.”

I leave and I run down to the train station. I purchase my ticket then I get on the train. I take my seat and get ready for the long boring ride to Canterlot. After awhile it was dark out and boredom was killing me. I would love to try out the new magic I learned, but being on a train it’s not the smartest thing to do. I started to stare out the window waiting for it to be late enough for me to be tired. About ten minutes later something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

I turn to get a better look at it, but it disappeared. When I go back to looking out the window it appeared again. It would probably vanish if I tried to get a look at it again, but I got lucky because a pony bumped into it and it fell forward. It’s a white unicorn and size says it’s a kid. The kid has a short black mane with yellow strips and its tail is very big, but it’s just black.

“You done hiding kid?”

“Y-yea.”

It’s a girl.

“You should know it’s not nice to stare.”

“I’m sorry I just noticed that you had the cutie mark crusaders cape.”

“I sure do. You want to get a better look at it?”

I was looking directly at her then I blinked and in that split second she somehow moved into the seat next to me.

“I take that as a yes.”

I give her the cape and she hugs it.

“What’s your name kid?”

“Eclipso.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you, I’m Dillon.”

“How did you get this Dillon? I didn’t know the crusaders were accepting members.”

“Sweetie gave it to me because she thinks of me as an older brother.”

“I’ve never seen you with Sweetie before.”

“I’m new here.”

“That would make sense I haven’t been out much because I’ve been busy packing for this family trip.”

“Do you normally hang out with the crusaders?”

“Um I follow them around.”

“Have you ever talked to them?”

“No.”

She’s a stalker.

“Eclipso I’ll make you a deal. If you promise to join the crusaders I’ll give you that cape.”

She lets out a gasp.

“I promise! I promise! I promise!”

I blink and she’s gone, but I hear her.

“Mom! Mom, look at what Dillon gave me.”

“Did you say thank you?”

“Oh I forgot.”

I blink and she is back with me. She hugs my arm.

“Thank you.”

She lets go and moves back a bit before sneezing. There was a bright flash and green flames. In front of me stood a changeling. I glance around to make sure no one else saw that. I turn back and she already changed herself back. She looks scared now knowing she made a big mistake. I pat her head and smile.

“Hey your going to be a future crusader, so your secret is safe with me.”

“Really?”

“Yes and to prove it I’ll tell you one of my secrets. Princess Celestia and me are trying to make it were the changelings can live together with the ponies.”

“Wow.”

“Yea and hopefully I’m going to be able to put some kind of plan in effect by the end of the week.”

“You don’t know what to do yet?”

“Nope I don’t know what both changelings and ponies like.”

“Everypony likes plays.”

“A play that could work and I know one perfect for this situation. It’s very popular in my world, but it’s going to have to be toned down a bit.”

I yawn.

“Eclipso I’m going to call it a day and could you do me a favor by waking me when we arrive?”

“Ok bye-bye.”

“See ya.”

As soon as I take my eyes off her she’s gone. She must have learned that from Pinkie in her free time. I stretch out on my seat and I quickly fall asleep.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this chapter.