• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 6,944 Views, 72 Comments

A New King - spectrobe18



not knowing how he arrived in the world of equestria he looks for a way home, however while doing this he gets stuck trying to help both the ponies and the changelings.

  • ...
42
 72
 6,944

Next In Line

The chariot dropped me off at the base of a mountain. I glace around and I spot a train station that has a train full of rotting supplies. The ponies must have been planning to build a town here until they meet their neighbors. I continue to look around and there is a giant cave in the side of the mountain. It must be the entrance to the hive. I enter the cave to find that it was long and dark, but using my magic I made a light I could use. After a good ten-minute walk I come to a set of giant iron doors. It must be the actual entrance to the hive. I bang on the door and the metal on metal clank echoed through out the cave. A small slot opens and a changeling peers out takes a look at me then slammed it back shut. I bang on the door again.

“Hey open the door or it’s going to come crashing down!”

I step back and give them a few minutes, but they still haven’t opened it. I was about to unhinge the door from the stone wall when there was a loud creak and the massive door slowly opened. I was greeted by a group of eight changelings. The leader of the group steps forward.

“The queen requests your presence. If you will please follow us.”

I don’t have much of a choice because they surround me before they start the escort. While we were walking I got a good look around. It was a city carved into the mountain. It was probably as big as Canterlot with a castle set in the middle. The city had no natural lights, but they were using these green lanterns. They were placed on every house and brightly illuminated everything.

I did spot other changelings on the way, however none of them looked happy. When they spotted the guards they took off running. I don’t know what the queen has been doing, but she doesn’t seem fit to rule if she is just going to cause her kind to live in fear and despair.

We reach the castles entrance and the leader goes inside to fetch the queen. While I was waiting for them to return I noticed the guard to my right eyeing my unmade molotov strapped to my waist.

“It was a long ride. This was all I brought to drink.”

He looked away satisfied with the answer. After a few minutes the castle doors open. The leader of the group came out and rejoined us then a much larger changeling comes out. The guards all bow when it approached us. It must be the queen.
Like I said she was taller than the other changelings and she had holes in her legs, tail, mane, wings, and her horn. She also had a green strip down her back and across her chest. She comes over to me and the guards move out of her way. She looks me over before smirking.

“It looks like your ready for war.”

“If it comes down to it I am, but if you will give up the pony peacefully no conflict will follow. Also if possible I’m here to make peace between you and the ponies.”

“My letter stated I would only give the pony up if they traded you, but releasing her will have to wait.”

“And why is that?”

“Technically speaking you’re my property to begin with and I can keep that miserable pony as long as I like.”

“You do not own me.”

She laughs.

“Have you ever wondered how you got here in this world and why?”

“Yes of course I have.”

“Well let me tell you how you came here. I had just failed in capturing Canterlot and I was busy planning another attempt. I had found out we were not strong enough by ourselves. I had to make an alliance of some kind and who would be better than the strongest creatures in Equstisa. I went to the dragons asking for help and I was planning on stabbing them in the back later on, however they turned me down before I could start my master plan.

While I was leaving he made a comment saying maybe if I had a dragon slayer he would reconsider then he started to laugh like he’s said something funny. Out of interest I did some research on what dragon slayers were and I found out they were a creature known as a human. It was a shame when I found out none of your kind existed in our world, so I decided to make a spell that would snatch a character from a story. After creating the spell I found a written dragon story to test it on. I cast the spell, but instead of pulling a character from the story it tore open a space in the air. It showed your world and it then quickly moved closer. It moved straight down and it collided with your house. It went through your roof before hitting you.

The next thing I know the tare was gone and a there’s a human passed out on the floor. I looked you over thinking this scrawny thing can kill a dragon. I had my soldiers get rid of you and scratched the spell marking it as a failure, but now you have proved me wrong. You have killed a dragon and I now have you back.”

“You’re going to give me that spell right now.”

She gives me a smug smile.

“I never said the spell could take you home and I would only give it to you if were to help me in my conquest.”

“I will never help you.”

“All I need you for is proof so the dragons will assist me and because you’re here you’re mine.”

One of her soldiers pulled my arms back then wrapped a length of chain around my arms. Me being peaceful just went out the window. I kick back at the soldier who tied my arms up. It was a solid hit that landed dead center of his face. The others were caught off guard and this gave me time to make a stone pillar to split the chains. The first to recover was the leader who charged at me, but was greeted by a shield to the face. The queen yelled at the six remaining changelings to get them motivated.

“Capture him or it’s your heads.”

They all charge at once, but I threw down a molotov stopping half of them. I turn to the other three and create a wall. Two of the changelings clear it then I put a path of ice on the ground. One of them lands and slides into a changeling behind me, but the other one was flying and tackled me the ground. He was going to bite me, but he just got a mouthful of metal from my gauntlet. I follow up with a headbutt forgetting there was a horn on the helmet. He lost an eye before he fell off of me screaming in pain.

I stood up to be knocked back down by something. There was a sizzling sound then I see my shield was partially dissolved. I get back up to see it was the queen who fired the magic bolt. Her remaining soldiers recovered and they all charged again. Two were met by molotovs and engulfed by flames, but they’ll survive. The last two turned tail and ran. The queen charged another magic bolt then fired it at the runaways. They were hit and they yelled in pain as the acid like magic ate away at them.

“Hey Lady leave your guys out of this!”

“It’s Chrysalis!”

She dashes forward while firing more magic bolts. I move out of the way of the bolts, but I failed to dodge Chrysalis who stampeded over me. I quickly get up at throw my last molotov at her, but to my surprise she shot it out of the air. She then makes a flying dash toward me. I hold up the remainder of my shield as I make a stone sword. She veered up right before I made my first swing and she was barely out of my reach when I swung again. Chrysalis flew high up out the range of any of my spells. She now has the advantage firing her spells down on me.

I could solve this easily by making a pillar to stand on, but if she were to hit the pillar or me I would fall to my death at the height she was at. If I were to make a pillar to big for her to destroy I would be hit by dizziness leaving me as a target. She had me running around while I tried to think of something I could do. She got lucky with a solid hit on my leg. It dissolved the armor and badly burned my leg. The pain was excruciating, but I continued to avoid her attacks until my leg gave out. She was going to try to finish me off with a massive magic bolt.

She was ready to fire, but she was suddenly tackled by something. She misfired the shot before she was tackled again. I had to squint to see her new attackers, which happened to be the two guards she attacked. Their wounds are horrible and it’s surprising they can even fly, but now she’s busy with something else. I create a pillar of stone and once I reached her height she killed off her guards. She got cut up and it seems she is now having difficulties flying. When she turned her attention to me I hit her wing with a fireball.

She wouldn’t be in the air long and she knew it, so she tackles me off my pillar. As were plummeting to the ground we’re fighting to make sure were not the one to hit first. It didn’t work out well for either of us because we landed on our side. We were both lucky to survive the fall, but the loud crunch says we both have broken bones. She was the first to recover and she fired a bolt onto my chest. It ate through my armor, burned my chest, threw me across the ground, and sent sharp pains all throughout my body.

I look to Chrysalis to see her push herself up as much as possible, but it wasn’t much because it seemed like her back was broken. I do the same and force myself up. Everything that was broken in the fight with the dragon was broken again plus more. The missing helmet and the bleeding from my head says I could have a fractured skull. I start to limp toward her when she shot off a spell. It was slightly different from her other spell because it went straight through the remainder of my shield and my side. I came close to collapsing, but I managed to stay on my feet and continue on.

I covered half the distance to her when she shoots another one of those bolts through my shoulder. She’s lucky I need that spell from her or I would have killed her as soon as I got up. She went back to her acid spell and fired it at my face. I blocked it with my hand; unfortunately it was the one with my rings. I’m now right in front of her when her horn started to glow. I grab her horn, which hurt because every limb is screwed up in some way, and then I snapped it off. I grabbed her mane and pulled her head back then put the horn up to her neck.

“You will make peace with the ponies and give me your spell or I’ll drag you back to Canterlot and let Celestia decide your fate.”

She gives a pained laugh.

“You know I’ll never make it to Canterlot.”

“Then do what I ask and maybe you’ll get some medical attention.”

“I won’t even make it back to my castle.”

“Oh you’ll make it. The only the only thing wrong with you is back and your head, but look at what you’ve done to me and I’m still moving.”

“It’s a shame this didn’t go according to plan, however the same will go for you.”

She suddenly jerks forward. The portion of her mane I was holding was torn out and she slammed her neck upon the horn. Her green blood starts spewing. I drop her shocked that she just killed herself rather than doing what I asked. I was pissed, but I need to do what I was originally here to do and rescue the captured pony.

After Chrysalis knocked me off my pillar we fell a good distance away from her castle. Now I start to limp all the way back and I think about the spell Chrysalis made. If I’m lucky maybe she’s written it down or left out the books she used to develop the spell. I reach the castle, climb the stairs, and open its massive doors. I look around to see her servants run and hide. I take two steps inside before passing out due to the adrenaline wearing off.

I awaken in large bed, but I can’t see the room because the bed has black drapes. I can’t move, however I can see someone has taken off my armor and bandaged my wounds. Conveniently though a changeling opened the drapes and I assume it was to check on me.

“Oh your awake, here let me get these out of your way.”

He takes the drapes and ties them to the poles on the bed. It’s a shame I couldn’t turn my head and actually get a good look at my room. The changeling comes over to me carrying bandages.

“Who are you and why are you helping me?”

He undoes the bandages on my arm then starts to put on the new one before answering.

“I’m Shade and I’m helping you because the queens no more. I can do as I please now like all the other changelings that were once under her rule.”

“Ok where am I?”

He moved on to bandaging my legs.

“You’re in the queens room.”

“Alright that raises more questions. Why am I here rather than a medical room?”

He stops what he was doing and sighs.

“I don’t know how you’ll react to the information, but you have been chosen to become the next ruler of our kind.”

“Whoa, whoa wait what now!?”

“After you defeated the queen the next in line would have originally taken her spot, however she has no relatives or children to take her place. The next thing we do is hold a vote on who will rule next and with how much you’ve helped us you won hooves down.”

“How long have I been out?”

“Not even a day.”

“Wow you guys are certainly organized, but what if I don’t what to be king?”

“It’s a bit late even if you don’t do your duties you’ll still be our king until you die.”

“Ok, ok I’m not even going to try to deny this. I’ve seen enough pain that she’s caused, so I’ll be the best ruler you’ll ever have. Now first thing I ask is for you get me the pony that was captured.”

“Yes sir.”

He leaves the room and I’m left with the idea of being king buzzing around in my head. I grin to myself wondering how this will turn out. It didn’t take long for Shade to come back with a grey pony with crossed yellow eyes.

“Uh hello.”

She was scared and nervous, but that’s not surprising.

“I’m going to release you and I would like you to get back to Canterlot as fast as possible to deliver a message to Celestia. Shade can you please write the letter to explain what has happened and ask them to bring back a healing potion from Zecora. He nods then they leave and a few minutes later Shade comes back.

“One more favor to ask. I need Chrysalis’s horn and I’m sorry that you have to get it, but if I could walk I would get it myself.”

He looks at me funny.

“May I ask why you need it before I comply?”

“I need it so I can use magic and she won’t be needing hers anymore.”

“Alright I’ll be back soon.”

He leaves and after a good twenty minutes he came back. I think he put it on a table next to the bed.

“Thanks.”

“Your welcome sir.”

“Shade, out of curiosity how did you get stuck with taking care of me.”

“Oh well I used to be the queens personal adviser, but I was treated more like her personal slave because she never listened to what I had to say.”

“Nice, I’ll defiantly need your help because I don’t know the first thing when it come to leading an entire race. Wait a minute did you happen to be with Chrysalis when she made the spell that brought me here?”

“I brought her books she asked for, but I did no more than that.”

“That’s great do you think you could bring me any of the books she’s read?”

“Yea sure I’ll go collect them now and I think you should know that she has a diary, but I don’t know where it is other than it’s in this room. It probably has more information, but we’ll have to look for it once you’re better.”

“Alright we’ll do that.”

He leaves and comes back with a set of books. He then leaves again and for the next two days he only came into the room to change my bandages or to simply check on me. It was around noon on my second day and I hear my door burst open.

“What’s wrong Shade?”

I hear quick hoof steps then something tiny jumps onto my chest. I clench my eyes shut as it sends waves of pain through my body. When I open my eyes I’m surprised to find Sweetie sitting on me.

“Are you ok big brother?”

“I will be once you get off of me.”

I hear someone else enter the room.

“My turn!”

“Pinkie if you jump on me I will personally throw you in the dungeon!”

“Oh that sounds like fun.”

“That is in no way fun!”

Sweetie hops off me causing me to cringe. I then hear more hoof steps and they walk into my view. It was Twilight, her friends, Iron Hoof, Shining Armor, and Shade. Shining looks me over.

“You sure made a mess out of yourself.”

“Yea one side is broken the other is badly burned.”

“Hey Twilight you should give him his potion now.”

She nods and levitates the potion over to me.

“I hate to ask, but I can’t move my arms.”

She got the idea and tips the bottle back for me to drink. When I finish it I immediately feel better. I get up out of the bed and stretch. Sweetie came up to me and hugged my leg then Pinkie jumped on my back to hug me. It became a hug fest because all the girls had to hug me. Twilight gives me a warm smile.

“Come on lets go home.”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t leave right now.”

“Why not?”

“Celestia didn’t tell you did she?”

“All she told us was that the situation has been dealt with and that we needed to deliver the potion for you.”

“She left out the most important part of my message then. After I defeated the queen I was knocked out for a short period of time and during that time Shade here set up polls to decide who would become the next ruler of the changelings. I helped the changelings immensely in the short time since I’ve been in this world and they thought I should take command. I am now the king of the changelings.”

They all gasp and then Iron Hoof trips over himself before bowing.

“There’s no need for that.”

He lifts his head.

“You’re all welcome to stay as long as you like, but I need to stay because Twilight was right. I found out that Chrysalis was the one who brought me here by using a spell she made using these books. As you can see I’m going to have a lot of studying to do, so in the meantime Shade can show you around. Will that be fine with you Shade?”

“Yes.”

“Great you should start now if you want to finish by tonight. Oh and I’ll need to borrow Pinkie for a minute.”

Shade leads them out of the room and leaves Pinkie.

“What do you need me for?”

“I just want to play a quick game.”

“Oh what game are we going to play checkers, tag, chess, hide and seek?”

“None of those, we are going on a small scavenger hunt. We are going to look for a hidden book in this room and the winner gets to plan a festival for when I’m publicly crowned.”

As soon as I finish the sentence she starts dashing around the room. It took her less than a minute to find it behind a large mirror on the wall. She comes over and gives it to me.

“Wow Pinkie that was a quick win. You should go join the others so you can see how you want to set up the festival and let the others know to see if they would want to help.”

“Ok, but when would you like it to be held?”

“Anytime you please.”

“Great we’ll have it tomorrow evening.”

She turns then skips out. I might want start studying before tomorrow. I look at the diary and it looked like a normal book other than it has three locks on it. I pick up Chrysalis’s horn and I hope it will work like a pony horn. I cast an electric spell and it worked. I flip open the diary to the last entry, but it’s a shame I can’t read it. Just great I’ll have to wait for Shade to get back so he can translate.

I wait a good two or three hours before Shade gets back.

“You want to be publicly crowned tomorrow. Do you know how little time we have to set that up?”

“Hey let Pinkie handle it. She could have it done tonight if she wanted, but for now I need some help translating this.”

I hold up the book and he looks surprised.

“You found it already.”

“I had some help, but yeah here it is.”

I give it to him.

“Please tell me anything that relates to the spell that brought me here.”

He nods before flipping through the pages. His eyes quickly scan the pages, but he starts to slow down before he starts to blush.

“You find something good?”

“Lets just say I now know why I have this job.”

“Oh wow ok then.”

He continues reading and he finally gets to the part that involves the spell. It was a combination between a teleportation spell and a creation spell. The teleportation spell will be easy to find as well learn, but what is a creation spell? I have Shade fetch Twilight since she’s the one who knows the most about magic. When she came in I asked about the two spells.

She knows how to use the teleportation spell and she quickly teaches me. The other she knows what it does, but she’s never actually preformed it. It allows you to make one object into another like turning silver into gold. It was more of a transmuting spell to me. The real issue though is putting the spells together the way Chrysalis did.

I let Twilight head back to her room, but before she left I gave her some books. She may not be able to read them now, however knowing her she’ll learn the language. I was starting to get tired and in here I can’t tell if it’s night or day. I release Shade then go over to lie on the bed. It takes a few minutes before I fall asleep.

The next morning I was awoken by Shade. He held up a paper that had the changeling language and my own. Apparently he went to Twilights room and asked if she knew my language. He also asked if she could help translate it, which she did. Now I can do some serious studying. Shade and me search for the creation spell. For a simple spell it sure took a long time to find.

I now have both spells, but how am I supposed to put them together. I have Shade go back to reading Chrysalis‘s diary to see if there is anything about how she put them together. We didn’t have to time find it before Pinkie came to get us to help set up the festival. We leave the castle and we found that Pinkie almost had the entire kingdom helping her. We were done relatively fast. Now it’s time to have fun.

I let Shade go and do as he pleases before I start to look around. As I pass the vendors and the games the changelings tried to give me stuff for free, but I politely turned them down. After walking around awhile I run into Rarity and Sweetie.

“Hey Rarity. Where are the others I would expect then to be with you?”

“Oh we split up to look around a bit, but we’re going to meet up later your highness.”

She was teasing me and I could tell that by the way she was smiling.

“Your highness here might has a long term job for you. How would you like to make clothes for royalty?”

“I would love to. I’ve always wanted to make elegant clothes for kings and queens.”

“Great, if you do this Celestia and Luna might start asking you to make their clothes. Another bonus is that it’s going to be a well paid job.”

“How much?”

“Take what you make now and lets triple it.”

She’s practically bouncing with excitement.

“I get to do what I love with one of my dreams and I can get about anything I would want with that new income. I have to go tell the others the good news.”

She runs off and left Sweetie with me.

“What would you like to do until your sister realizes she left you?”

“Lets go play some games!”

“Alright lets go.”

We go to a game where you had to knock the bottles down with a ball. I let Sweetie go first and she knocks down three of the five towers. When I go I purposely hit only one. Sweetie hops up and down.

“I win I win I win.”

A small group of kids gathered around. One of them steps forward.

“Can we play too?”

“Sure why not.”

We continue to play and I purposely lose to them. They were all having a blast and we continue doing so until Shade came to get me. He brings Sweetie and me back to the castle up to a balcony. There we met Iron Hoof and Fluttryshy. It seems that Iron Hoof had the honors to make the crown and he was all night making it. The crown was a simple black and it was encrusted with emeralds.

Since Pinkie was the one who set the entire thing up she wanted me to walk out and crown myself, but I cast the idea aside. I’ll do it my way that will hold a greater meaning behind it. I’ll have Fluttershy and Iron Hoof crown me. I tell them what they need to do then walk out on the balcony before they could answer. As soon as I step out I notice the large crowd gathered at the base of the castle and when they noticed me they all start to cheer. Iron Hoof and Fluttershy comes out the crowd starts to quiet down. Next Sweetie came out holding the crown the crowd goes silent. Fluttershy and Iron Hoof take the crown and hold it above my head. Everyone is holding their breaths until it was placed on my head and the crowd releases the loudest cheer I’ve ever heard.

Now that I’m officially king its time for my first decree. I step forward and everyone gets quiet expecting me to speak.

“I have been wondering how much do you changeling like living in this remote cave were there is no natural lights or seasons to enjoy.”

Shade stands beside me and I hear him whispering.

“We all despise it here. This is we were forced to live for as long as we can remember.”

“You have all lived here against your choice, but now you will have one. I would like you all to help me create a new kingdom by the town of Ponyville. There you can live happy lives and meet new people. Even if you don’t want to live there you now have the choice to go wherever you please.”

“When will this be done?”

“Anyone who is willing to help may join me on the unused train outside of the mountain tomorrow morning and if there is anyone here who has experience driving a train please come see me. Make sure you bring what you need because we will stay there until we’re finished. When we are done we’ll send a message back telling the rest that you can now come.”

I was done with what I wanted to say and I go inside the castle with Shade. He has a question for me.

“Why do you want a new kingdom and why so soon?”

“I don’t like it here and you told me everyone else does as well. This place holds a dreadful feeling even after Chrysalis fell. I don’t want to sound mean, but I don’t want to stay here any longer than I have to.”

I go and collect the few things that I have so they can be ready for tomorrow. Shade leaves, but he soon comes back with news that we have two changelings who are willing to drive the train. I have some important news for Shade as well.

“Shade I hate to tell you this, but your going to have to stay here.”

“How come? Won’t you need my help?”

“Of course I need you help, however I need you to stay behind because someone has to run things while I’m out.”

“You’re leaving quite a large responsibility with me. Fine I’ll do it.”

“Thanks. Now if you’ll please excuse me I’m going to go to bed.”

He nods before he leaves and then I go jump into bed. It didn’t take long before I nod off. I get up early the next morning and get my stuff before I leave the castle. I walk through the town to the giant metal doors and they were already open so that means some changelings are waiting for me. I walk through the long tunnel then I make my way down to the train. I was surprised when I saw who was there. It was the queen’s guards. The reason I could tell was because there is six of them one with an eye patch, two have scars all over caused by burns, and the rest were badly bruised.

“Uh hey guys I’m so sorry about our fight earlier especially you three. What can I do for you?”

“We’re here because we wanted to help make the new kingdom.”

“Really even after what I did to you.”

“These injuries are nothing compared to what you did by removing the queen from power.”

“Wow, well I’m glad you guys are going help.”

They get on the train and I see the next group coming. It’s Twilight, her friends, Shining, and Iron Hoof. They are taking this as a ride back, but I know they will help as well. Then the next group comes and it’s huge. They all start getting on the train and I ask the last guy if there will be anymore coming, but he told me this will be all. I get on the train and we soon set off. It was a two day trip and I spent that entire time studying my books.

As soon as we got off the train we got to work. We went to the edge of the Everfree forest and started to clear out the trees. It took all day, but with the amount of changelings and ponies that came to help we finish the area where were going to put the kingdom. The ponies are kind enough to let the changelings stay at their houses while we do construction. I didn’t even ask, but I went straight to Fluttershy’s house and took my spot on the couch. I went back to studying until I fell asleep.

For the next three weeks it was building, studying, and sleeping, but we were finally finished. Everyone moved in and everyone was happy especially me when Rarity had her friend make my rings again. I continue my studies for another week before I finally figured out how the spell worked. It required a story and an object you want to pull from it. The creation spell is to image that object and the teleportation spell is to bring that object to you.

However after testing it by tearing the hole open to my world I found out living things can only come from my world to the one I’m currently in. I used animals to come to that conclusion, but if it’s not alive I can send things through. I’ve been using this to send letters back home and to all my friends telling them I’m all right, but I don’t tell them anything about this world. The only person to receive full details was my girlfriend and I sent my phone as well so she didn’t think is was some kind of cruel joke. The proof was on the phone with the last ten percent I took pictures as well as a video here.

After this we kept in touch by letters, but they weren’t enough as we are people who would rather talk face to face. Her letters show that she’s been having a hard time beginning with my disappearance, school has become unbearable, and she can’t stand being around people. She made it seem like the world was after her. I gave her an offer that she could come here, but a warning went with it as well telling her she won’t be able to return. Another week passes and she takes the offer seeing that she can still keep in contact with letters. She collects her things and then I bring her here.

She’s shorter than me and just as thin as me, but just by a bit. She’s dyed her short hair a dark blue. She has green eyes and a small nose and mouth. She hates her nose, but I think the exact opposite.

Its been to long since I’ve last seen her and I couldn’t help myself, so I give her a hug. When I released her she surprised me with a kiss. I absolutely hate when they end because the feeling always lingers on my lips and I always want another. She gives me a smile and I return it. I am overjoyed now that she’s here with me as she is my true love and hopefully my queen.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, also there will be one more chapter before this is offically over.