• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 6,944 Views, 72 Comments

A New King - spectrobe18



not knowing how he arrived in the world of equestria he looks for a way home, however while doing this he gets stuck trying to help both the ponies and the changelings.

  • ...
42
 72
 6,944

Preparation

Ever since I’ve come back from Canterlot I’ve been depressed. All I’ve done for the past three days is lay around and go to work. It just happens to be time for me to be going. I get up and leave without saying anything to Fluttershy. I head down to the town and I go to A.j.’s apple cart. She has me working here now because she knows how I’m feeling right now and I’m currently famous which is bringing her more customers. The news of what I did spread like wild fire. Twilight has even told me I would go in history for breaking down the wall that held the changelings and ponies apart.

The day flies by and its time for me to go back home. I was dreading the walk back because I knew someone was going to try to cheer me up like they have been the last few days. The first day it was Apple Jack who tried to convince me that this was my new home. The next day it was Twilight and she tried to get it off my mind with books. Then yesterday they unleashed Pinkie who tried everything she could think of and to make her go away I had to fake a smile.

I spot whom they sent today it was Rarity and Sweetie. I walk right by them hoping they wouldn’t stop me, but they do.

“Dillon do you have a minute?”

I stop, sigh then turn around to face her.

“I know your having a hard time right now and I also know you don’t want to be bothered, but I’m here to invite you to come to the great dragon migration tomorrow.”

Now this peaks my interest. Sweetie starts to jump up and down.

“Yea big brother its gonna be so much fun.”

Great now I can’t turn it down. I simply nod my head before I start walking again. They tag along back to Fluttershy’s house. Once we get there I take my place on the couch. Rarity goes to tell Fluttershy to bring me along tomorrow and Sweetie was sitting on my chest poking my nose while I was trying to sleep. They soon leave and I quickly fall asleep.

I was awakened early the next morning by Fluttershy who gently shook me. She was ready to go and apparently she let me sleep in so we were late. I grab my magic ring and leave the others before following Fluttershy to a spot outside of town. I didn’t see the other ponies until I fell into the trench they were hiding in. They all had binoculars and they were dressed in camouflaged clothes. I take a seat and wait for the migration to start. Sweetie also takes a seat in my lap waiting for the show to start. Since I showed up everyone automatically thought I was better and they tried to talk to me with no avail.

I was glad when the migration started because they became preoccupied with that. I have to say it was amazing to see all those dragons and it killed a good two hours. When I see the end of the group of dragons I stand up and stretch. I clime out of the trench and I was about to start walking back to Fluttershy’s house when I hear Twilight mutter under her breath.

“What is he doing?”

I stop then Rainbow Dash talks.

“Why is that dragon flying off course?”

I turn around and it was Pinkie’s turn to talk.

“What a silly dragon. Maybe he wants to be our friends.”

I look up to see the dragon heading in our direction. It was flying fast it would probably be here in less than three minutes. We all hold our ground and continue to watch the approaching dragon. Once he was close enough I saw that his eyes were locked on me and I knew he wasn’t here to make friends.

“Get down!”

I have just spoken my first words since coming back from Canterlot and it caught everyone off guard. I run and jump over the trench to stand in the large field waiting for the dragon. A.j. calls to me.

“Why do ya want us to get down?”

“Because there’s no time to run.”
I can now feel the powerful wind coming from the dragons wing as it started to lower itself to the ground. Twilight then figured out what I was going to do.

“You can’t fight a dragon they’re the strongest creatures in Equstria!”

“Well they’ve never fought a human before lets see who really is strongest.”

The dragon lands in front of me and it was huge at least 20 feet tall. Its scales are a glossy red and it had razor sharp claws. There was a deep rumbling sound that came from the dragon that was actually him talking.

“Human I will destroy you before you destroy us.”

“Look I don’t want to destroy anyone. The only time I would do this if you’re threatening my life or my friends are in danger and currently your doing both of these. I would advise you to leave before things get messy.”

He lets out a gruff laugh before suddenly getting serious and he takes a swipe at me. I jump back and I barely avoid it, but I can’t say the same for my shirt though. I focus my magic to try to push the dragon back, but he didn’t budge. Twilight calls out to me.

“Dillon dragons are almost magic proof, but your elemental magic should still work on him!”

The dragon takes another swipe and I duck down. Its claw goes over my head, but the dragon goes for another swipe before I could stand up. I quickly kneel down and hold my hand out toward the oncoming claw. I make a large bolt of lightning and fire it. It hits the palm of the dragon’s claw causing him to reel back. I put too much into that shot because I was hit by a sudden dizziness and my nose starts to bleed. I know I’m not going to win this without a gem of some kind. The dragon was in pain and this is the only chance I had to say anything.

“Rarity I need a gem now!”

“I don’t have any with me, but I’ll get you one.”

Her horn glows and she starts to search the trench. The dragon raises both of his claws and I spot the one I hit because it actually had a hole in it. He swings both of his claws trying to crush me between them, but I jumped up and landed on top of them. I hop down then he follows up trying to bite me in half. I sidestepped it then I made a kneepad with a small ice spike on it. I brought my knee up into the dragons jaw, but it just shattered the ice. Rarity then calls out.

“I found a gem.”

The dragon goes for another bite, but I leaped onto his snout. I tear the remainder of my shirt off and I throw it over his eyes before jumping back down. I then used my magic to make it glow brightly. The dragon reels back from the sudden blinding light while I was hit by another wave of dizziness. I hold my head with one hand when I turn around to keep the world steady.

“Toss it now!”

She tosses the gem and I catch it with my other hand. As soon as I caught it there was a loud crunch, a sharp pain in my side, and I was then flying through the air. I hit the ground and roll a few times. I let out a cry of pain because of my now broken ribs and maybe a fractured leg. I turn my head and I see the dragon hit me with his tail. He turns to face me and he opens his mouth. I see the fire building up. I hold the gem up to see it was brown. The dragon shoots off a massive fireball toward me, but I made a rock wall that brushed it off like it was nothing.

I grit my teeth before I force myself to stand up. I limp toward the dragon while he continued to shoot off fireballs that had no effect against my rock wall. When I got close enough I shifted the ground under his feet causing him to tumble forward. He tried to push himself up, but I trapped his arms in giant stone blocks. Then I make stone loops to pin his tail and neck to the ground I also put one on his mouth to muzzle him. I slowly make my way over to him.

“I’m going to release you and let you make a choice. If you leave you’ll live if you stay I will kill you.”

I then make my way over to the trench before releasing him. He stands up and glares at me, but he takes off. I watch him fly a ways off before he makes a U-turn then fly strait back at us at full speed.

“You idiot.”

I wait until he was at the right spot then I make a giant stone spike. At the speed he was going he had no time to avoid it and he impaled himself. I sigh before I turn around to face the others.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.”

My legs then give out, but I passed out before I hit the ground. I awaken in an unfamiliar bed in a room with a single window and door. Light shone brightly through the window. I force myself to sit up and I let out a pained shout while doing so. I didn’t know someone was out side the door, but when I shouted she came in. It was Rainbow Dash. She comes in grinning.

“It’s nice to know I have a friend stronger than a dragon.”

“Yeah ok, tell me what’s happened since I’ve been out. “

“Well after you passed out we brought you to this hospital. You’ve been out two days and everypony has been taking shifts waiting for you to wake up. We were uh worried about you especially Sweetie Belle.”

“I’m up now, you should go tell everyone that.”

She nods then leaves. A few minutes later the door bursts open and Sweetie runs into the room.

“Brother are you ok?”

She jumps up, but I stop her in midair with magic.

“Slow down your brother’s still broken.”

I put her down at the side of my bed then Rarity walks in the room. She floats over my elemental rings as well as a new one.

“I went on ahead and had my friend make a ring out of the brown gem.”

“Thanks, I don’t think I’ll ever take these off again.”

“I wouldn’t blame you after what happened. Also I’m glad you’re back to normal.”

Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash come in. A.j. says hello then she starts a conversation with Dash. Fluttershy comes in a few minutes later. She was looking around worried.

“What’s wrong, lose something?”

“Um I seem to have lost Pinkie.”

I feel a sudden sharp pain in my side. I look down and there’s Pinkie hugging me. I yank her off and throw her across the room. She lands on the wall then walks to the floor.

“That was fun. Can we do it again?”

“No!”

“Ok!”

Sweetie lets out a huff because Pinkie got a hug, but she didn’t. After awhile Twilight shows up and she was levitating a bottle of red liquid. She levitates it over to me.

“This is a potion specially crafted by Zecora it should make you feel better.”

“I hope it does.”

I chug the bottle. Sweetie took no time to jump up to give me a hug. I flinch expecting a sharp pain, but I didn’t feel any. When Sweetie let go I pressed my side to test it. None of my ribs were broken. I get out of the bed and test my injured leg and again no pain.

“I need to thank Zecora. That potion was great.”

“You’re going to have to do that at another time.”

“What? Why?”

Shining Armor walks into the room and I already know it’s not good.

“Oh crap something went wrong didn’t it?”

“Unfortunately yes. After the changelings were revealed princess Celestia sent a letter to their empire, however they captured the pony that delivered it. Yesterday they sent a message back saying they will trade the pony for you and if we don’t trade you the pony will be killed at the end of the week.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I refuse to trade you. You have done something no pony could have done by helping both pony and changeling. I’ve decided to bring a group of soldiers and infiltrate the hive to take the pony back.”

“No your not. You’re going to make a mistake.”

“How’s that?”

“If you attack the changeling hive the ones that I just helped aren’t going to like you. It tells them you’re willing to attack them to save one pony. You could however recruit some changeling soldiers to come help you. This solves only one problem though. Lets say your group goes to the hive two more problems will arise. Number one you fail and everyone you brought will be killed on the spot. Number two you succeed in rescuing the pony, but I have a feeling they’re not going to take it well and they will start an all out war.”

“Then what should we do?”

“You trade me.”

“I already said I wouldn’t do that.”

“Her message never said I couldn’t come prepared.”

“But.”

“Look I can do it if I’m prepared. You should know I just defeated a dragon and if I had my rings at the time I could have beaten him in less than a minute. I have six days before I have to show up that will be plenty of time.”

“What about your problems wouldn’t they still be present?”

“This would be something that needs to be released to the public. I will go to the changeling empire to try to solve things peacefully if it doesn’t go well I’ll take the pony by force, but cause as little damage as possible. If they try to declare any war it would be against me and not everyone else.”

Shining sighs.

“You’re not giving me a choice are you?”

“Nope.”

“What do you need?”

“I need to know how long it will take to get to the hive?”

“I could prepare a royal chariot to take you so it will only take a day.”

“Ok also I need Iron Hoof to bring me my armor. Anything else I can get myself.”

“Alright I’ll take my leave and prepare everything.”

Shining turns to exit the rooms. Everyone was silent, but soon Apple Jack asked me a question.

“Are ya really going to do it sugar cube?”

“I am and I’ll need everyone’s help.”

They gather around to here what I’m going to say.

“Rarity I need a new shirt and strips of cloth. Pinkie you could make and deliver my lunch the next few days it would help. Dash you’re an athlete so you will make me a morning training schedule. Fluttershy when I come back a night I might need a message, so I can be ready the next day without being sore. Twilight I need you to find spells that could help or benefit me in any way. A.j. I know you have some alcohol and I’ll need some bottles.”

“You sure, are you even old enough to drink?”

I burst out laughing and she just looks at me confused.

“They’re not for drinking. I’m going to make something out of them.”

“A-alright then.”

“Now when you finish or you would like to visit I’ll be at the place where we watched the great dragon migration.”

I leave the room and make my way out of the hospital. It was in the middle of Ponyville so it was quite a walk there. When I arrived the first thing I do was take care of the dragon’s corpse by dropping it in a massive pit and sealing it. I used a lot of magic even with the ring on and was hit by a wave of dizziness. It took a minute before I recovered. An idea came to me of what I’ll train first, magic endurance. If a fight starts within the hive I’m going to need to be able to use my magic for long periods of time without getting hit by this horrid dizziness.

I start with levitation and I found out two things. One I can only levitate things in a small range around me and two weight is a factor. I worked with this by lifting and moving the heaviest boulder possible for an hour. The next ring I try is ice. Its only limitation was how much ice I could make at once and the way I worked with it by constantly using it for the hour. Next is electricity and its limitation was the sky. If I’m in an open space I can create powerful bolts of lightning, but if I’m in an enclosed space it gets weaker. To train this I did the same like the ice, but in larger amounts.

When I was done for the hour I collapsed onto ground because my head felt like it was going to split. While I lay there I caught a glimpse of Pinkie, A.j., and Sweetie. They all drop something beside me, probably what I asked them to bring. Pinkie then sticks her face in mine.

“I brought you a late lunch.”

I push her away before I roll over and grab the basket. A.j. must have helped Pinkie because everything was made with apples. I scarf the food down and I then stand back up.

“Thanks.”

A.j. approaches me.

“I’m still wonderin what are ya going to make the alcohol?”

“Here I’ll show you.”

I go to her bag to grab a bottle and then I go to Sweetie’s to get a piece of cloth. I open the bottle then dunk the cloth inside before pulling it to where half was inside and outside.

“You might want to move back.”

They all step back before I light the cloth. I waited a few seconds and I then throw the bottle at the boulder. At impact the glass shatters then the boulder was engulfed in flames.

“This is known as a Molotov and I will use it to keep violent changeling at bay.”

Now that she has her answer she leaves with everyone else. It’s time to start training again. I’m going to work with fire and its limitation is intensity. To practice with this is difficult because the fire kept burning me and I had to stop to put ice on the burns. I move on to the last element earth and the only limitation was that I had to touch the ground. To train this I moved large portions of the ground around. I found out that I could sculpt things so I also practice making weapons out of the stone. For the next three hours I trained with a staff, sword, and with stone armor pieces to simulate the weight I would have to carry.

It’s dark out now and I start to make my way back to Fluttershy’s house with my stuff. I go inside and drop down on the couch. I immediately fell asleep. I was abruptly awoken the next day by Dash who knocked me off the couch.

“Get up it’s time for training.”

She pushes me through the door then she not only gives me my schedule, but she coaches me as well. It takes all morning, but we finished just in time for Pinkie to bring us our lunch. When we were done eating Dash and Pinkie leave. The rest of the day I spent like yesterday, but I got to Fluttershy’s house later. Fluttershy gave me my massage then I fall asleep.

The next day I was awoken by Iron Hoof who had my armor for me. He brings it in and I finally get to see it. It was silver and it looked like a normal suit of armor, but he added a horn on the helmet. He also made a shield to go with it that looks like a pair of wings. I tried it on right when Dash arrived and she made me do my morning training with it on. It was smart on her part other than the fact that I almost passed out. At lunch Rarity and Twilight shows up. Rarity repaired my Garfield shirt and gave it back to me. Twilight didn’t come to tell me about new spells, but other important information.

“Dillon remember what Celestia said about how there’s no way for you to get home.”

“Yea don’t remind me.”

“When she said she’s read all of the magic books technically she hasn’t.”

“What?”

“The only books she’s read have been made by ponies, but you’re about to go to the changeling empire where they’re bound to have books she’s never seen before.”

“Then there’s still a chance I could get home.”

“Possibly.”

“I would hug you right now if my arms didn’t hurt so bad.”

“A thank you would suffice.”

“No it wouldn’t. When I come back I’m going to get you some new books. Now if you would please excuse me I have some serious training to get back to.”

They leave and I train even more intensely than I have the previous days. I go back to Futtershy’s house. I was about to open the door, but I hear Iron Hoof. I don’t want interrupt them and ruin the moment. I peer in the window and they are cuddling on the couch, where I sleep. I sit outside waiting for them to move, but it didn’t happen soon enough because I fell asleep where I sat.

The last two days I continue training like I have been and I significantly improved all my magical abilities. I also grew use to the weight of the armor so I can maneuver around in it like it was nothing.

It is now the day I have to leave and I’m waiting outside Fluttershy’s for the royal chariot. Everyone was there to say their goodbyes. They are all upset because they know it’s going to be dangerous and there’s a chance I might not come back. The chariot arrives and they have to give me hugs before I leave. The chariot takes off. After a weeks work of training and a day of traveling I now stand at the entrance of the changeling hive ready for what’s ahead.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this chapter