• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 270 Comments

V for Victory, V for Victini! - zelkova48



Victini ends up in Equestria after a little bout between Dialga and Palkia starts causing temporal disturbances throughout the world. Now, in a new world with his powers of victory, it appears that everyone wants to get their dirty hooves on him.

  • ...
9
 270
 5,253

2.3 - Forever Our God, Drilbur

"We are terribly, terribly sorry for misinterpreting you great one" said the head diamond dog as he held his head down low. He and thousands of his peers apologized profusely as they bowed in shame in from of their living deity, praying for his forgiveness "When you said I have to go look for my friend, we all misheard you and thought that you said the time of pony has come to an end. A thousand pardons on the behalf of all diamond dogs O' great one"

Drilbur scratched the back of his head and grinned weakly. He only blushed and waved the whole situation off as if it were nothing. Every single dog let out an exasperated sigh of relief as they rose up and thanked their god for overseeing their horrible misunderstanding.

"Thank you great one, thank you!" said the head dog as he pecked at Drilbur's little feet "You have no idea how devastated that we would be to have besmirched your good name in our foolish attempts of war" he got up and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"To think that we were going to commit genocide upon an entire race in your name through unmitigated nuclear annihilation. It's a good thing you stopped us before all of that happened, otherwise we both would've had egg on boths our faces" he smiled and joined in with Drilbur for a curt laugh as though the whole genocide thing they were about to commit five minutes ago were a practical joke of sorts.

"Dril, dril, drilbur!" said Drilbur.

"You're right, we should probably power down all of the warheads and our armor division" said the head dog "Then after that we will lead you to the surface where you will be able to find you friend"

"Dril, drilbur, dril!" Drilbur exclaimed as he smiled.

"No, thank you for preventing us from performing the worst atrocity in the history of dogkind. That would look very bad on our history books if future generations were to read up on us" said the head dog "Come, great one. Join us as we clean up this mess"

* * *

Eventually, after a few minutes of powering down bipedal war engines, hovercrafts, hydrogen bombs and mechanized death machines, the entirety of the diamond dogs all helped to guide Drilbur on a mass exodus to the surface where their god will leave on another journey.

As the head dog lead Drilbur our of the cavernous depths of the earth, artist and scribes followed in the great one's footsteps documenting all of his glory in beautifully done oil paintings, ceramic sculptures, poems, and an autobiography that detailed his ascension from mortal to godhood. A group of beautiful female dancers strode by his side as they poured flower petals behind him with each step that he took leaving behind a breathtaking trail of rose petals.

The rest of his followers stayed a good three feet behind him, gently praying for his safety and for his journey to be rich and bountiful at each and every turn he took to find his lost friend. The honor guard carried flags that represented his almighty form which flew and fluttered in the light breeze that blew into the caves. When they finally reach to a cave opening by a meadow, they all stopped and admired their god as he radiated in the sunlight. They all then turned to face him and bowed respectfully.

"Well, here we are" said the head dog, a single tear streaming down his cheek "It has been a wondrous time with you leading us great one. We wouldn't have gotten here without you" all the dogs murmured in agreement "You showed up a great many thing, but perhaps the two most important of your teachings was peace and friendship" he stated.

"We now know that war is the not the answer. It is a horrible and terrible concept, one that we shall only resort if we are without options. We see your devotion to find your missing friend and we take it as a sign that we can befriend these ponies rather than fight them. Your wisdom knows no bounds great one, may your claws never dull, may your radiance never dim" he said as everyone bowed again.

"Drilbur!" said Drilbur.

"Ah, yes. Before we leave, we wish to bestow upon you some parting gives for your journey" the head dog clapped his paw and three eager pups ran up to Drilbur, each with a different present in their paws "Think of these as a token of our eternal devotion as you leave"

It was there that Drilbur received his three gifts; a beautiful crystal medallion with laser etchings, a soft as silk robe, and a basket full of food for his journey.

"Drilbur, dril!" Drilbur exclaimed.

"You are very welcome great one" said the head dog "May you find your friend, wherever he may be in this great big world of ours" he bowed. With that, Drilbur waved to them goodbye and walked into the sunlight, with the faint cheering from within the cave echoing into the very heavens so that the everyone may know of their god, Drilbur.

"Hail, hail, hail, hail, hail, hail!"