• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 270 Comments

V for Victory, V for Victini! - zelkova48



Victini ends up in Equestria after a little bout between Dialga and Palkia starts causing temporal disturbances throughout the world. Now, in a new world with his powers of victory, it appears that everyone wants to get their dirty hooves on him.

  • ...
9
 270
 5,253

13 - What's The Catch?

Applejack and Applebloom peered from their hiding spot behind a nearby patch of shrubs that grew by their home. They made sure to remain inconspicuous as to not get caught by their older brother or Victini. It was out of pure luck that nobody noticed their hat and bow sticking out from the top of the shrubs.

Whether or not they knew about their poor stealth abilities didn't particularly matter at the moment. What did matter was trying to sway Victini into granting them victory on their business selling apples, and for Applebloom, gaining her cutie mark once and for all.

In their hooves was an odd assortment of random stuff. There was a small cardboard box with several small holes punched into it, a length of thin string, a shiny red apple, and a wooden stick. With these items, they intended to make a simple trap. The kind where you place a bait underneath a container held up precariously on one side by a stick with a string attached to it. You know, the kind that almost never works in cartoons?

There was a major rift in the trust that Victini held to most ponies now, and that made trying to convince him to help them out all the more difficult. The answer? Bribe him into helping them. Trust can be bought. It may be a dirty tactic, and though it may go against Applejack's morals, this was now Apple family business. And business in selling apples and apple products was their livelihood. Getting their hooves a little dirty was a small price to pay for greatly improved sales, which have been lacking as of late.

So what was the harebrained scheme that Applebloom managed to convince her older sister to help her with then? Well, it was simple, really. So simple in fact that it only requires four easy steps to follow. Written on a sheet of line paper was her guaranteed method of earning herself a cutie mark. It was as written:

* * *

Step 1: Lure Victini into the trap with the apple

Step 2: Pull string

Step 3: Catch Victini

Step 4: Get cutie mark in animal trapping

* * *

“Uh... Applebloom?” Applejack asked her younger sister.

“Yes, sis?” Applebloom replied.

“You do know what animal trappers do for a living... right?” She asked with concern laced in her voice.

“Pssshyeah. They just catch animals for pets, right?” Applebloom replied with the kind of innocence that a young filly could have.

Applejack rolled her eyes and sighed before whispering the dark truth into her sister’s ears. As Applejack spoke, Applebloom’s expression subtly changed from enthusiastic, to shocked, then to downright disgusted. With her yellow face turned a baby barf green, she reached for her plan sheet and rewrote step four. She looked over her four step plan again. It now read:

* * *

Step 1: Lure Victini into the trap with the apple

Step 2: Pull string

Step 3: Catch Victini

Step 4: Get cutie mark in animal trapping

Step 4: Get cutie mark in making four step plans

* * *

“That sounds like a pretty cool talent. Solving things in only four easy steps” said Applebloom “What do you think, Applejack?”

“I think we should just hurry and get this here trap built so we can try to talk to the rabbit” said Applejack as she began to set up the box. Applebloom pouted, she thought it was a cool talent. But regardless of what her sister thought, she began to help out her sister set up the trap. Think about that for a second. Applebloom, a member of the cutie mark crusaders, building a trap meant for a legendary pokemon.

When they were done building the trap, the two siblings stood back and stared at their creation. It was not at all the that they had imagined it to be. They wanted to create a simple box trap, but instead, they accidentally created a snare trap, and not a very good one either. The loose string hung slack on the ground, the stick was snapped in two, and the box and apple were just resting lazily to the side.

“Huh? That’s not right” Applejack scratched her head “Did we do something wrong?” she asked.

“I dunno” Applebloom looked over the instructions, which she also made herself “It’s not like my drawing at all” she scratched her head in confusion “Maybe we used the box the wrong way”

“Lemme see that” Applejack snatch the instructions away from her sister. She looked over the instructions and face hoofed herself. The drawing of the box trap was, suffice to say, horrible. It was nothing more than a collection of scribbles and lines that vaguely resembles box trap. Still, that’s only assuming if you’re reading the instruction upright, and not upside down.

”Applebloom, did you draw this?” she asked in which her sister replied with a nod. She face hoofed herself again “Sugarcube, just go down to Twilight’s place and borrow a book on how to make one. It would save us a whole lot of trouble...”

* * *

Victini blushed and chirped happily as he was fed a spoonful of apple pie from the wobbly forelegs of Granny Smith. The sweet, cinnamon taste of the apples conjoined with the rich, flaky texture of the pie crust made him joyfully flutter around the Granny Smith like a sugar infused helicopter. He flew about in a state of pure ecstasy and euphoria, twirling and spinning with such fervor.

Sparks and tiny bits of floating embers sprinkled off his fur as his body began to radiate a gentle warmth. He flew right by Granny Smith, flashed her the victory symbol as a sign of his trust, and then proceeded to smooch the ever loving stuffing out of the elderly mare.

“Tini, tini, tini, tini, tini, tini, tini, tini!” he chirped with each peck on Granny’s cheek.

“Eh heh heh heh ha ha ha!” Granny laughed as the little rabbit continued his display of affection “Heh heh! Easy there young’un! Well aintcha one of the most adorable little critter I’ve ever seen this side of the farm!” she exclaimed as she brought Victini in for a hug and scratched the sides of his ears “My, you remind me of Big Mac back when he was just a little tike, so tiny and full of energy!”

“Granny...” Big Mac interjected with a light blush appearing on his red face.

“Oh, you know I’m only fooling around” said Granny Smith with a warm smile “But you know what I’m saying is true” she chuckled. She then turned to face Victini “So ya little victorious whippersnapper, what brings someone as cute as you to the Apple family’s humble abode” she asked.

“I believe he’s just here for a visit, Granny” said Big Mac “His name’s Victini from what he’s told me. He’s new round here and wanted to get to know Ponyville a bit better”

“Well then, Victini. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!” she announced. “Home to over three generations of the Apple family and to some of the best apples that you’ll ever eat! But I guess you already knew that, didn’t ya?” Victini nodded vigorously in agreement after tasting that pie. However, it’s still a close second to the dessert on his number one spot: the macaron.

“Tini, tini!” Victini exclaimed.

“Well, then. You already met my grandson, Big Mac. How’s about I introduce you to my granddaughters, Applejack and Applebloom!” Victini visibly paled. His eyes widened to the size of dinner plates upon mention of those two and he shook his head side to side “Eh? You don’t want to meet them? Why’s that?” she asked.

“Tini, tini, tini! Tini, tini! Tini...tini...” Victini shuddered upon finishing.

“Shoot, that explains why Applejack and Applebloom were all wound up about something yesterday” said Granny with a chuckle “That something must've been you, wasn’t it?” Victini nodded “Ah, don’t fret none. I’m sure that I can convince them to leave ya alone, or at least stop bothering ya about that fancy schmancy winning whatchamacallit of yers”

“Tini! Tini, tini!” Victini exclaimed happily before assaulting Granny Smith again with another torrent of heart felt kisses “Tini! Tini!”

“Eh heh heh heh ha! That tickles!” Granny exclaimed as she pulled away from Victini “From here on out, you can consider yerself an honorary member of the Apple family, yessiree! If you got a problem, you can always talk it out with us” she scratched Victini behind his ear again.

Victini purred like a Purrloin as his ears were being scratched. He didn’t know how, but everyone somehow just knew how to scratch his ears in the right spot. He felt at ease, like whenever he was with Pinkie and the Cakes. It was a nice feeling, knowing that there truly were others who liked and respected him for who he was, and not because of what he can do.

“Alright little buddy, now that you’ve met mah granny, how’s bout I show you the rest of the farm?” Big Mac offered. Victini smiled and flew over to Big Mac where he rested himself on the big red stallion’s back. Together the two exited the house but not before excusing themselves from Granny Smith and walking out into the orchard where they were came upon Applejack and Applebloom wrestling a runaway cardboard box.

“What in blazes?” Big Mac asked as he watched his sisters fervently chase around the cardboard box.

“Applebloom! Come on! Try to cut him off!” Applejack shouted, not noticing that her older brother was watching from the sidelines “We got him on the ropes!”

“I’m trying, sis!” Applebloom shouted back “He’s just too fast!”

“Drilbuuuuuuuuur!” a certain mole shouted in terror from under the box he was trapped in.

“Uh....” Big Mac drawled on. He turned over to face Victini who wore the same expression of shock and surprise as he was “Say, little buddy. You wouldn’t happen to have a clue of what’s going on, do you?” he asked. Victini shook his head, and the two just continued to stare at the scene before them until they either got bored of it or until Applejack, Applebloom, and Drilbur tired themselves out.

“Tini, tini, tini?” Victini asked.

“Nah, how’s bout I get us both some apple cider and we’ll see where this goes” Victini shrugged as to say “sure, why not” and both left to go into the house where they would find some liquid refreshment for the show. It was going to be some quality guy time for the two of them.