• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 5,252 Views, 270 Comments

V for Victory, V for Victini! - zelkova48



Victini ends up in Equestria after a little bout between Dialga and Palkia starts causing temporal disturbances throughout the world. Now, in a new world with his powers of victory, it appears that everyone wants to get their dirty hooves on him.

  • ...
9
 270
 5,252

12 - Big Eyes, Bigger Ears, Even Bigger Heart

Yesterday had not been the greatest day for Victini and Drilbur during their stay in Equestria. If anything, it was a downright traumatic experience that had left both of them incredibly shakened, considering the fact that they were viciously hounded by a large mob of very expectant ponies.

Needless to say, whatever faith that Victini had in trying to reveal himself more often to the local populace fled just like every Abra that you would randomly encounter out in the wild. He probably would’ve been forced to live out the rest of his life as nothing more than a mere whisper of the wind. Always invisible and constantly paranoid of his surroundings.

Although, that would’ve been the case had it not been for a quaint heart to heart talk with the very understanding Carrot Cake. It may just have been a short drabble between the two about a stallion and his family, but it was the boost in confidence that Victini was desperately in of.

* * *

Sugarcube Corner, Yesterday

The light of the day’s sun slowly faded away as it settled below the horizon to allow passage for the moon, ushering another new night in Equestria. Victini and Drilbur had chosen to stay back at the bakery for the night as to avoid any leftover mob members that may remain outside. Thankfully, the Cakes were more than hospitable enough to let them stay.

Within the walls of Sugarcube Corner, the mood could be described as tired, or rather fatigued. The whole debacle earlier that day left them everyone drained as if they’d ran a triathlon with a baby grand piano strapped to their backs. In fact, the stress that Victini and Drilbur experienced made them completely forget that they could fly or dig their way back home to the burrow.

The Cake twins were already asleep in their cribs. gently snoring and fidgeting in place as they slept. Cup Cake had decided to retired to bed, and Pinkie Pie hopped right into her own without hesitation and drifted away in to the realm of sleep.

The rest of the other boys, however, had chosen to stay up in the kitchen for just a bit longer. Gummy and Drilbur watched vigilantly from the edge of the windows to make sure that no wannabe kidnapper would be brave enough (or stupid enough depending on where you stand on the whole pony versus legendary pokemon argument) to break in and run off with Victini in hoof.

Carrot Cake and Victini on the other hand were sitting together by the countertop while Carrot was desperately trying (and ultimately failing) to open a jar of gherkins. He cursed himself underneath his breath. All he wanted was a simple midnight snack. Why in the world were pickle jars always so hard to open?

All the while that Victini was watching Carrot Cake futilely attempt to open up a jar of tiny pickles, he began to reflect upon some of the things that he missed back in Eindoark Town, such as one particular cat pokemon. Purrloin, he thought. The very name made his little heart flutter and filled his stomach with a swarm of Beautifly.

Images of that devious cat flashed in his mind. Her sleek purple fur, those mesmerizing emerald eyes, and that smile that just makes Victini’s babble idiotically about incoherent gibberish whenever he sees it.

He began reminiscing of the time when he first met her back in the woods. He was just wandering around, looking for a berry to snack on when he saw her beautiful form majestically gliding through the trees above him.

Like a thief in the night, he watched in awe as she hopped branch from branch with skill and grace, each one a step closer to his heart until eventually she stole it from right out of his own chest cavity. Since then, he’s been trying to work up the courage to talk to her. Hopefully clearing up his situation here would help him in more places than one.

He sighed. Oh, how he would love to cuddle together with her; feeling her soft fur brush up against his own, staring deeply into her radiant emerald eyes, inhaling the sweet yet gentle scent of grass and roses from her body, and whispering sweet nothings to each other as if they were the only two pokemon that Arceus created in a void space.

He sighed again. Oh, how he would probably have to bury himself deep within the center of the earth underneath several layers of rocks and dirt if Drilbur ever found out how much of a hopeless romantic that he can be sometimes. The mole pokemon would never let him live it down for as long as he lived.

It was then that during Vicitni’s musing that he remembered something that he’d been meaning to ask since he and Drilbur decided to stay here.

“Tini, tini, tini?” he asked.

“Huh, what?” Carrot replied as he settled down the pickle jar “Oh! That. I am terribly sorry about that, Vicitni. I can assure you that we don’t usually get that crazy when somethi- on second thought, forget what I said. I am really sorry about what happened to you today though, and your friend” he apologized as he heaved out a long winded sigh.

“At least today wasn’t nearly as bad as the last time someone got greedy” he sniggered as he reminisced about the time little Spike got greedy, turned not so little, and began scooping up everything he deemed his own and stuffing it all into a water tower “Heh, the last time that happened... well, we certainly wouldn’t want a next time”

“Tini, tini, tini... tini, tini, tini?” Victini asked, though he did feel a pang of guilt in accusing Carrot and his family of something so shrewd.

“No, no. It’s alright. I can understand if you feel that way about us” said Carrot “I want you to know that you have nothing to worry about. You can trust me and my family with the same kind of trust you give Pinkie. You have my word on that you adorable little scamp, you”

“Tini?”

“Hmm? Why, you ask?” Carrot rubbed his chin as he pondered Victini’s question “Well, I guess it’s because I have everything I could already ask for right here. I don’t need the power of victory” he paused.

“Whenever I wake up, I am greeted with the presence of my loving wife and our beautiful children. I do what I love to do everyday and Sugarcube Corner stands as a testament to my hard work and achievements. In a way, you could say that... I’m already a winner” he concluded.

It was then and there that all of Victini’s fears faded away along with his anxiety. A brief moment of clarity allowed Victini to reassess his own doubts and made him see the big picture that was obscured by the fog of uncertainty. He shouldn’t automatically rule out every pony for being greedy towards him. There are those who are genuinely kind when they try to interact with him and Drilbur.

He suddenly felt his newfound confidence welled up from inside him like a great fire and he felt invigorated. And it was all thanks to the Carrot Cake.

“Phew, all this talk is making me hungry. Now if only I can get this dang thing open!” shouted Carrot as he attempted to try (and fail, once again) to open up the jar of gherkins.

Just when he was about to give up, Carrot felt a blast of energy surge throughout his body and the lid popped off without putting up much of a fight. He turned around and was surprised to see Victini glowing and was holding onto his tail. He smiled warmly and petted Victini upon his head before proceeding to snack on a delicious gherkin.

“Thank you, Victini” he replied.

* * *

A new day had begun in Ponyville, but Victini and Drilbur had to remain cautious of their surroundings now that their significance was made known to everyone. From within their burrow (which they managed to stealthily reach in the morning thanks to Drilbur remembering the fact that he could dig their way back home) they watched from afar and cringed as mares and stallions alike kept watch in case they spotted them.

Ponies left and right were going about their day as they would normally, only they kept one eye on what they were currently doing, and another on a determined lookout. It was scary, especially to the pokemon. However, the two were still determined to give Ponyville and its denizens a second chance. Though it may seem like a stretch, they really had nothing better to do.

For Victini, it was because he wanted to believe the town can be redeemed for his trust. He wasn’t the kind of pokemon to hold a grudge, nor was he scornful of things. If anything, he didn’t have a single hate filled bone in his entire body. He just wanted to help others, it was in his timid nature. That, and some peace of mind of course.

And for Drilbur, well, Victini did most of the convincing but he really just wanted to do his own thing alongside his rabbit buddy. Equestria had been an adventure for him. There may be more in store the two if they stayed.

The first order on their agenda, help out someone they knew that could care less about their abilities and attempt to work their way up that ladder. Hopefully, it would all pay off in the long run.

As they glanced around, they came to the conclusion that town, might not be the best place to be right now. There were too many ponies around, they were going to have to start smaller. Far to the other end off the corner of their eyes they spotted a little farmhouse. They didn’t know who it belonged to but it might be a great start.

Victini chose to fly invisibly while Drilbur decided to dig underground. Together, they made their way to the farm without being spotted. When they finally arrived, they were greeted with the calm imagery of a big red farmhouse, acres upon acres of apple trees sprouting out from the soil, and a big red stallion that they know didn’t chase them halfway across town.

“He looks like a cool guy. Plus he wasn’t a part of the mob that chased us” said Drilbur as he popped his head up from underground “You should go talk to him. Maybe he can help us get everything all straighten out” he suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea, but... what should I even say?” Victini asked.

“Just say what comes to mind” said Drilbur “That, or just start with some small talk. Either way, just know that I got your back. You can definitely count on me, no proble- hey, that looks interesting!” without saying another word Drilbur popped up and started running towards the direction of the apple trees “See you in a few buddy!”

With Drilbur gone, Vicini just sighed and rolled his eyes. He shrugged his friends short attention span off and began to contemplated his next action. Small talk was a great way to start up a conversation, Drilbur was on point about that. So that was just what he was gonna do. Victini took off and and flew right beside the red stallion, landing right beside him on a white fencepost but kept a few feet between them for good measure.

The stallion in question was red, much like the apples around him. He had an orange mane and wore a yoke around his neck while chewing on a sprig of wheat. He was a well built specimen, with rippling muscles and a hulking frame that looked as if they could stopped a runaway train.

His expression betrayed his physique however. His face was incredibly passive, almost calm to the point where he looked as though he was in a state of deep thought. Quite the odd combination if Victini had anything to say about it.

The stallion was simply resting his side up against the fence, wiping the sweat off his face every now and then. He’d probably just finished a boatload of work around the farm, hence his soaked coat.

He was muttering something beneath his breath, something about a hypothesis on theoretical physics or something that Victini remembered Gummy talking about. Whatever he was muttering didn’t particularly matter now, he had to try and break the ice with him. Lowering his invisibility, he came into full view right beside the stallion.

It took only a few seconds for the stallion to register Victini, but when he did, he jumped and nearly fell flat on his bum. He almost fell over, however, Victini glowed blue and used his psychokinetic abilities to prevent all of that from happening. With a flick of his fingers, the stallion was back to standing on all fours where the two stared at each other uncomfortably.

Seconds passed, and Victini rubbed the back of his head. The two just stood beside each other, watching each other, waiting for the other to do something so that they may respond in turn. Victini decided to go first and cleared his throat to speak.

* * *

“Hmm... Tini, tini, tini?” said Victini with a nervous smile on his face. The stallion blinked and narrowed his green eyes on him. He then resumed his neutral expression and responded.

“Eeyup” said the stallion “Nice weather alright. Say, aintcha that magical winning rabbit my sis been hounding me bout since yesterday?” he asked with a raise of his eyebrow.

“Tini...” Victini replied hesitantly. This was it, the moment that would make it, or break it for him. He awaited for the stallion to try something funny, but instead, he extended his hoof out in friendship.

“Name’s Big Mac. Nice to finally meetcha” Victini went and shook his hoof. Seeing that he meant no harm to him, he could feel a great weight taken off of his shoulders “I heard all bout ya from my sis. Her name’s Applejack, have ya meet her yet?” he asked. Victini shuddered upon remembering the mare with the hat. She seemed adamant in using him, almost as much as the rainbow one. But he can trust Big Mac. He doesn’t give off that uneasy vibe that the others do.

“Tini, tini... tini, tini, tini...” Victini replied.

“Ah, that. Don’t fret none” said Big Mac “She just has the best interest in mind, even though she does go overboard with them from time to time. But that’s mah sis fer ya. I’m sorry if she caused trouble yesterday. How’s bout I make it up for ya?” he offered.

“Tini?” Victini asked.

“I’m talking bout introducing ya to mah Granny Smith and her famous apple pie of course” said Big Mac with a grin “Come on, I’m sure you’ll love her, and the pie. She’s a sweet ol’ lady, she’d love to meet someone like you. Just be careful when she goes for yer cheeks, ya might not feel em fer a while” he motioned for Victini to follow him into the house.

“You seem like a nice critter, don’t know why ponies are getting all bent outta shape over ya. It seems like they’re making mountains outta molehills, I’ll tell ya what” he chuckled “I don’t care if you can let people win or not. You’re just a shy guy like me so we can kinda relate to each other” he chuckled again. Victini chuckled alongside him. Big Mac was right. The two were birds of the same flock.

“Tini, tini, tini!” Victini cried happily as he flashed Big Mac the V with his fingers. He was definitely someone who he and Drilbur could trust “Tini, tini, tini!”

“Ha ha, you and me both, friend” said Big Mac with a smile “Huh, this looks like the start of a beautiful friendship...” he trailed off.

But little did they know that while they casually chatting amongst themselves, the tip of a stetson and the top of a red bow could be seen poking out from a nearby bush. The sound of rustling and whispers that were just out of earshot for the two new friends emanated from the bush.

It was none other than Applejack and her younger sister Applebloom who were hiding in the bush. In their hooves was a length of string, a ruby red apple, a small cardboard box with holes punched into it, and a wooden stick. For what they were going to do with these items, well, just take a wild guess. You might just catch the answer.

Author's Note:

So what the hell can you make with string, a cardboad box, an apple, and a stick anyway? The answer? The most awesomest hat this side of Equestria has ever seen!