• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 5,253 Views, 270 Comments

V for Victory, V for Victini! - zelkova48



Victini ends up in Equestria after a little bout between Dialga and Palkia starts causing temporal disturbances throughout the world. Now, in a new world with his powers of victory, it appears that everyone wants to get their dirty hooves on him.

  • ...
9
 270
 5,253

8.2 - Bur, Drilbur

The game of high stakes poker began to heat up as the competition went on as it could be expected, with constant shifts in the distribution of wealth, countless flops and more nerve wracking showdowns than you can shake a stick at. Yet in spite of the heated glares he was receiving and the constant death threats being spouted by Salvador at the table, Drilbur was holding the lead with at least a thousand bits. He sat in his stool, struggling to peer over the small mountain of chips that he had amassed throughout the game.

He managed to find a point low enough to look through in the pile and proceeded to play the game as he had been for the last ten minutes, by copying every action the other players were doing. So far, this strategy had proven advantageous for him, seeing as how he had so many chips on his side of the table. Luck pretty much did the rest. How often was it when a guy can get a four of a kind four times in a row? Although, the other players still had a sizable amount of chips by their own side, meaning that the game was far from over.

"Drilbur?" said Drilbur.

"Don't let them intimidate you, my love" Carmelita cooed to the mole pokemon "I know you can win!" she cheered on.

"Bah! I'll make sure your sorry hide is out on the streets by game's end, amigo" Salvador squawked at Drilbur.

"Say, little guy" Iron Will spoke up "You wouldn't happen to be interested in any self help books now would you?" he pulled pulled out a set of books each with his face on every cover. One of them was titled You're Not Iron Will, And That's Okay, another was How To Smash Through Your Day In Twelve Easy Steps "Not interested, well okay. But if you ever need a boost in life you can just find me at one of my seminars" he passed on over a flier to Drilbur which he happily partook.

"Hey, are you two ladies exchanging friendship bracelets over there, or are we gonna play poker?" Hotshot interjected "Getcha head in the game son!" he throws in a few chips in the pile to state his intent.

"Fine, but don't get mad when I come home with the pot in tow" Iron Will shot back as he raised Hotshot's call "If I can smell you fear, then your defeat is near!" he recited one of his famous lines, lines that turned Fluttershy into quite the character.

"Drilbur?" said Drilbur as he raised Iron Will's raise. Everyone looked at him incredulously. That's a pretty ballsy move there, especially for a mole with no experience in poker whatsoever "Drilbur!" he shouted in intimidation. Or was it just because he enjoyed throwing chips onto a pile of more chips, it was hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Everyone eyed the mole suspicious and broke out into a cold sweat. He was good, very good. Almost as if the dopey expression that remained on his face was the pokemon equivalent of the hubble space telescope. He could see their moves and tactics from light years away. He truly was the (misunderstood) foreigner who is known for his extraordinary abilities in poker and seduction.

The uneasiness that everyone felt only enhance tenfold when Drilbur proceeded to scratch his itchy bum. He was toying with them, sending them a message that he was going to win, that he was the ultimate in high stakes poker, that he could do things that they can't. And that he can scratch his rear whenever he wants to just to spite all of the competitors. The confidence he radiated was palpable, and was so thick that you probably could cut through it with a knife. He was the one, the one who was chosen by Lady Luck and Madame Misfortune to earn their favor, and it showed.

Salvador's streak of threats and jeering slowed to a crawl as he felt his nerves turn to jelly. Davenport, Hotshot, and Iron Will all felt the same way, only they weren't nearly as strong willed as Salvador was and all began to sweat like hogs in the middle of July. Bowing their heads in defeat, they all folded and the pot of several thousand bits was given to the victor: Drilbur.

"Oh! Well done senor!" Carmelita exclaimed as he gave Drilbur as peck on the side of his cheek "I knew you could do it!"

"Drilbuuuur....." he gushed as he held on his cheek "Dril, dril!" he taunted his competitors.

"Dang... he's good" whispered Davenport to Iron Will "It's like he can read my every thoughts, and understand my every action. I'm a little afraid..."

"You're telling me?" said Iron Will "I starting to think that I shoulda advertise adult diapers" he gulped "Come on Iron Will. Remember you witty slogans. Never give up, or you'll be a chump. Never give up, or you'll be a chump..." he recited over and over again.

Hotshot was feeling perhaps the full brunt of the blow from his defeat at the godly claws of the great on- err.. I mean Drilbur. He just witnessed his mortgage money go to the mole in a single turn. If he wasn't sweaty before, he was practically a stallion sprinkler now "I can't lose now..." he whispered to himself "I just need to man up! Come on... man up!" he shouted, but slowly, his resolve wavered and he became hysterical "Manning up! Manning up! Man- Ah! Girling down! Girling down!" he collapsed into his seat and began sobbing hysterically.

"Drilbur?" he asked Carmelita.

"Oh, he'll be fine. He's just being a big crybaby right now" she replied nonchalantly "Oh! This looks like it could be the last play, time to bring on home mi amore!"

The dealer began to shuffle the cards again, only this time the sound of shuffling cards made everyone sweat bullets. With deft precision, the dealer shot the cards out swiftly without error. Drilbur threw in his chips, since it was his turn to start. Everyone else had nothing, they were cleaned out. So, as collateral, they had to use what they had as a tool for betting.

Iron Will removed his headphones and his tie and threw it onto the pile, but not before having one last heartfelt look at the two items that helped him in his quest for motivational speaking all those years ago. All Davenport had on his person at the moment was a free pack of quills and a sofa down at Sofas and Quills. Thankfully, it was enough to count as collateral. Hotshot fumbled though the linings of his hat to see if he had anything to offer, what he did have made him sob even further as he gave it up: the deed to his diamond mines.

Salvador grunted angrily. He was at his wits end. He was about to lose everything that he had to Drilbur. First his girl, then his money, and now... a large crate with his name printed on it that was filled to the brim with bars of solid gold. With a scowl towards Drilbur, he chucked the crate onto the table and mumbled something unsavory beneath his breathe. This was it, all or nothing.

"Oh... you'll definitely lose this time idiota. I got a few tricks up my sleeves that will change this all up, oh, yes it will..." he chuckled menacingly which went unnoticed by Drilbur.

The cards were all played out, and each player peeked underneath to see if this was the defining moment of the game. Iron Will peeked, a two of clubs and a three of diamonds were in hand. He grimaced, he was dealt a bad hand. Davenport peeked as well, king of clubs and an ten of hearts. Not bad, but certainly not good either. Hotshot held off his crying long enough to take a quick look, two of diamonds and two of hearts. With these card in his possession he descended into tears once more.

Salvador on the hand looked confident, almost too confident. He peeked at his cards, a king of spades and a queen of diamonds. He chuckled again, knowing full well that it didn't matter what he had, he was going to win regardless.

Everyone except for Salvador and Drilbur folded their cards, they had no chance anyway, not against Drilbur. As the dealer throws out the rest of the cards, a heavy tension filled the air around them. Three cards were placed onto the table. The first was a five of hearts, the second was nine of hearts, and third card was the seven of hearts. All cards of the same suit. An interesting turn of event leaving everyone nearly without breathe. Salvador smirked, this was going well.

"Check" said Salvador as he tapped the table with one of his talons. Drilbur copied him and tapped the table as well.

"Drilbur!" he exclaimed. The dealer placed another card onto the table, this time it was the king of hearts. Murmurs and low whispered started between the watching audience. The game was intensifying, and only one will be victorious in the end. They checked once more and the lights dimmed on the two competitors for their final showdown.

The dealer placed the final card on the table and the hearts of every individual there stilled, but not Drilbur's. Salvador smirked a beaky smirk as he eyed the final card, the king of diamonds. He placed his cards down and prematurely declared Victory. He slammed his card down on to the table, nearly breaking it in the process as he laughed his head off. His cards were the king of spades and a five of clubs.

"Heh, top that idiota!" Salvador taunted. So what if he cheated? It wasn't going to matter in a few seconds anyway.

"Full house" announced the dealer "Mister Salvador Diego Montenegro Garcia Delarosa has a full house. How will fate play out for you mysterious stranger?" the dealer asked Drilbur.

"..." Drilbur said nothing. He was quiet, just like the room. No one dared to say a single word or make even the faintest sound as to shatter the nerve wracking silence that filled the air. Carmelita looked over at her love, and whispered somthing into his ear before the final move was made. When was done, both Carmelita and Drilbur gave everyone a curt a wink, and placed the cards down "...Dril... Drilbur..." he wiggled his eyebrows playfully "Dril, drilbur, dril..."

Six of hearts and eight of hearts

Author's Note:

This is a continuation of Drilbur, The Card Shark Casannova that I never got to finish on time. Enjoy