• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 526 Views, 15 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 3: A True Hero? - KingNyroc15



A hero can only take so much chaos before they lose who they are.

  • ...
21
 15
 526

Fire And Ice

"Soren~," the Fire Elemental said happily with something between a confident smirk and a genuine smile. "I can't believe we're actually meeting face to face." Soren and Rainbow noticed that her voice wasn't threatening or intimidating; it was fairly normal.

"I am the Fire Elemental, but you two knew that by now, I presume? My name is simply Blaze, since you two keep asking about our names." Blaze scanned Soren mane to hoof. "Quite the handsome Lunar Stallion aren't you?" 'Shouldn't have said that,' Soren laughed to himself, grinning on the outside.

"Hey, back off!" Dash exclaimed. "He's mine." She nearly flew at Blaze but thought twice about it.

"Oh? Are you two an item? Soren, last time I was with you, you were with Princess Luna. What happened?" Soren was surprised to be the center of attention all of a sudden.

"It doesn't matter," he answered quickly. "What matters is that we all get down to business. We came to defeat all the Elementals so I could find out the truth about me, and that is exactly what we plan to do. Let's get started." Frostbite smiled and Blazed laughed.

"I love a stallion that's eager for a fight," Blaze commented before her and Frostbite got into fighting positions. Soren looked over at his fuming marefriend and told her to focus, then the two readied themselves. 'The last battle,' Soren told himself. 'It all comes down to this.'

The fight started with Frostbite casting a spell which sent icicles at Rainbow Dash. As Dash started flying away from the spell, Soren flew in front of her and swung his bat wings to break the ice. Soren then retaliated by shooting lightning at Frostbite. The Elemental was quicker than he anticipating because Frostbite quickly created a dome of ice to protect him. In the background, Soren heard the noise of air cracking. 'Teleportation.' He looked over to the spot Blaze was standing at but didn't see her.

"Soren, look out!" He heard Rainbow Dash yell. Soren looked back at the ice dome and saw a red glow quickly forming.

Soren realized that the color is being created by heat. Closing his wings, Soren dropped straight down, horn beginning to glow, just in time as a thick stream of fire passed right over his head. Blaze's flamethrower spell barely missed him. Realizing she missed, Blaze started to drag the fire downwards. Luckily Soren prepared magic on his way down or else it would have been too late to do his next defense. Soren dropped next to Rainbow and casted a magical shield around the two of them. Seeing that her flamethrower was having no effect, Blaze stopped the spell; Soren broke his spell as well. He and Rainbow then flew forwards and towards each other so they could cross paths and loop around to attack the Elemental duo. Right as they crossed paths, Soren whispered something to Rainbow.

"Be ready" was all he said. 'If we're going to win this then I need Rainbow Dash to transform again.'

As Soren attempted to loop around to attack one of the Elementals, Blaze sent fireballs at him. Normally it's an easy spell to dodge, but Blaze made it so the fireballs followed her target. Seeing no way out of it, Soren started to cast another spell. He turned towards the fireballs, readied his spell, and sent a very strong gust of wind at them, causing them disappear. In combination with that, Soren also sent a tornado towards Blaze and Frostbite. Frostbite stood in front of Blaze and casted his own counter-spell. This one created strong, cold winds that made Soren's tornado vanish.

"Although this is fun," Blaze started, "I have to change this battle up a bit." She looked at Frostbite, and they exchanged a silent understanding. "Now!" Frostbite and Blaze crossed each other's paths. Frostbite was facing Dash, and Blaze was facing Soren. Standing between Soren and Dash, the Elementals casted a spell together that brought forth a giant wall of fire, separating Soren and Blaze from Dash and Frostbite.

"Now I have you all to myself," the fiery mare said. "I hope your friend can deal with a little cold weather." Soren knew it was now or never. He had to transform Rainbow or she could die fighting Frostbite.

Blaze saw Soren staring over to where Dash was. "You're not getting to her without defeating me. Don't even try." Giving Blaze an intense stare, Soren magnified his magic so he could cast a powerful spell. Soren smirked before he began to run extremely fast. He managed to create a spell to majorly increase his speed. This would give him enough time to give a charm to Rainbow to help her in her battle.

Soren ran next to the firewall and managed to get a glimpse of Rainbow Dash. He had to focus, for the next part would be tricky. He had to give Dash a charm but the result would cancel his speed spell. Using the limit of his magic, Soren created a ball of magic and flung it towards Rainbow. The second the spell left his horn, Soren's spell broke. He quickly looked towards Blaze and saw a fireball coming at him. Soren ducked, then Blaze started yelling through the firewall.

"Frostbite, keep an eye on Rainbow Dash! Soren did something to her!" Soren knew that Rainbow smirked right then because she knew exactly what he did to her. Now Soren's only goal at this point was to waste time until Burning Dash was reawakened.

To continue the fight, Blaze created a strong downdraft that brought Soren to the ground, flattening him out. She then rushed up and tried to stomp on his head, but he just barely rolled out of the way. He felt her spell cease, so he stood up. Looking at his opponent, Soren saw Blaze run up to him and punch him. Soren retaliated with more hoof-to-hoof combat.

"You're pretty strong...for an alicorn," commented Blaze sarcastically as they fought.

"What alicorn isn't strong?" Soren responded.

Blaze smirked. "You," she said as she turned around and bucked him square in the muzzle. Soren was sent tumbling back, muzzle bleeding now. Soren held his mouth as he got up. Before Soren could say anything, he and Blaze heard a strange noise in the background. It was a sound similar to sizzling. Blaze instantly recognized the sound.

"My fire wall is disappearing...but that means..." They turned towards the massive wall as it shrunk. When it was gone, they saw Frostbite walking towards them with Rainbow Dash on his back. Soren's heart instantly dropped. Frostbite put Dash on the ground and walked over to Blaze. As he did this, Soren rushed over to Rainbow. Frostbite was about to try to stop Soren, but Blaze prevented him from interfering. They just stood there, watching.

"Rainbow Dash?" Soren said weakly. She was covered in cuts, and a few ice splinters were still attached to her. She wasn't bleeding a lot, but she was in very bad shape. Soren sat next to her and held her head so she could look at him. "Dashie?" he said again. Her eyes opened just barely enough to look at him. Soren started to tear up at this point.

"S-Soren,...I-I tried my best. I-I...I'm sorry." Her voice was so weak. She started closing her eyes, but he softly and repeatedly slapped her cheek like he was trying to wake her up.

"No, you're staying awake until I'm through with those two. You hear me? Just stay awake long enough, ok?" Soren was trying to be serious but he still had tears coming down his face. 'There's only one thing to do,' he thought.

'Help her...' a chorus of voices echoed in Soren's head.

Soren ears perked. 'Voices?'

'This armor...It can help her...'

Without a second thought, Soren obeyed the voices. He put his hoof on the chestpiece to remove it, only to be surprised when the armor to retracted itself all the way back into a necklace. Soren didn't know if this was a good idea, but he was willing to do anything if it meant saving Rainbow Dash's life. He propped Rainbow against him as he fastened the necklace around her. Laying her back down, Soren recited the wording that activated it.

"In the dark, we tear and rend. To end all evils, with spines to bend. Lust and power, hunger and might. By Luna's will, and dark of night."

Dash started transforming, but Soren didn't watch, for he had to focus. 'The armor will do its thing, but now it's time to get serious.' Soren stared straight at the two Elementals with a serious expression.

"You shouldn't have done that," he said in a darker voice. "Now you're both going to pay."

"Oh? And you think you're strong enough to take on both of us?" Blaze asked. Without flinching, Soren answered her question.

"If I'm not strong enough to defeat both of you, then I can guarantee that I'm strong enough to kill all three of us in the process. I was hoping to not have another situation like last time, but you two crossed the line. Nopony ever, EVER, hurts my friends, unless they don't want to see tomorrow." Frostbite seemed to shrink a little after Soren finished, but Blaze only laughed and got into a fighting position again.

"We'll see about that," she grinned. She nudged Frostbite so he would focus. With all three of them ready, the ponies charged at each other to finally end this battle.

-----------

Only a few minutes of fighting passed before Soren was heavily damaged. He was sent flying by another slam from Frostbite. Soren now knew exactly how to fight Frostbite since he is made entirely out of crystal, but with the addition of Blaze helping him, Soren couldn't get a shot at unicorn. With another downdraft, created by Blaze, filling the air, Soren could no longer fly, so he had to fight both of them on the ground. It wouldn't have been much of a problem, except for the fact that the Elementals have amazing ground tactics. When Soren fought one, the other would ambush him from a different angle. 'If only I had enough time to cast a Horn-Lock spell,' Soren thought as he struggled to get up.

Before he could get up, however, Soren was hit by another fireball. He knew he couldn't take this much longer. Sure he dealt some damage to both of the Elementals, but he was taking a massive amount damage in return. Soren looked over at Rainbow Dash now and again and saw her in a stable condition. She was unconscious at this point, but she was alive.

"It's over!" shouted Frostbite. "Just give up before you get yourself killed."

"Weren't you two listening?" Soren asked, anger still in his voice. "I said that if I can't beat you two, I'd rather kill all three of us right here. If I die here, who knows what you two will do to Rainbow." Soren was sent flying towards the ground again via a magic bolt. He had no strength left. 'I am going to die here. I have burns, cuts, bruises, you name it.'

"I admire your persistency and bravery," Blaze started, "but even you can't be stubborn enough to not admit you are losing."

"I never said I was winning," Soren panted heavily with one eye open. "I was only saying that I was going to end all of us." The two Elementals began walking towards Soren.

"I don't think I've ever heard you sound that dark, Soren," a new voice commented. The combating ponies all looked around for the voice, and they eventually saw an earth pony standing a good distance from them. He was chestnut brown with a darker brown mane and a cutie mark that resembled an hourglass. 'The Doctor!'

"How are you here?" Soren asked.

"The same way you got here. I just used the TARDIS to put me to sleep. Time Lords don't need sleep you see, so..."

"Enough!" Blaze interrupted. "Who are you?"

"Why I'm a little hurt that the 'all knowing Elementals' haven't heard of me. I'm the Doctor and from the looks of it, you two have been hurting my friends." The Doctor glanced at Soren and Rainbow Dash as he spoke.

"So what?" she retorted. 'What a mistake she just made,' Soren thought.

"So what?" the Doctor repeated sarcastically. "It means that you two will not win this battle." Blaze started laughing.

"And how exactly do you plan on winning?" asked Frostbite as his partner calmed down. Laying on the ground, Soren face-hoofed and smiled because these two idiots don't know how powerful the Doctor could be. The Doctor started smiling as well and took out his sonic screwdriver. He then answered Frostbite's question.

"Like this." The Time Lord then activated his sonic screwdriver and pointed it at Rainbow Dash. Soren saw Dash's coat slowly change to white. After a few seconds passed, Rainbow stood up. Her eyes were closed, but Soren could guess what's under those eyelids. Stalwart, the Doctor stood still as everypony looked at Rainbow. Very soon, she opened her eyes and everything seemed to explode. Her mane and tail turned into the rainbow flames that Soren remembered, her wings became bigger than normal, and lastly her eyes changed to red. Burning Dash was born, and she also had Lunar Guard armor on. Everypony but the Doctor was in awe. Finally, the Doctor spoke.

"Now...where were we...?"

Author's Note:

I can only imagine your reaction of the next chapter.