• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 525 Views, 15 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 3: A True Hero? - KingNyroc15



A hero can only take so much chaos before they lose who they are.

  • ...
21
 15
 525

The Wind Elemental

It seemed like hours went by as Soren and Rainbow laid on the ground, facing each other, as they talked about anything. They were guessing on how everypony at home was reacting to this; Rainbow wondered if anything was going to happen to her like it did for Luna, wether it be here or somewhere else, to which Soren assured he would protect her with his life; and the couple agreed that after this is over, they should spend some time together. The two sat up and hugged each other. As they hugged, a rumble occurred. Breaking the hug, Soren and Rainbow looked around and saw that the sky was now a dark grey. Many clouds started appearing in the sky.

Soren looked at Dash, and she looked back at him. 'The time is now,' he thought. Knowing what was about to happen, Rainbow nodded. They stood up and prepared for the only Elemental that would bring clouds: Wind. Then a white streak appeared, shooting all across the darkened sky. The wind and lightning picked up as the Elemental landed on the ground a short distance away from Soren and Rainbow.

This Elemental was a grey pegasus stallion that was slightly taller than both Soren and Rainbow. He had a stylish white mane and tail, green eyes, and a cutie mark that resembled a typhoon.

"Hey looky here, it's the Elemental Guardian," said the Wind Elemental. "Funny name, ain't it? You're the Elemental Guardian, yet you protect the Elements of Harmony, not the Elementals themselves, even though we don't need protecting. Oh well, scratch that thought. Anyway let me introduce myself: I am the Air Elemental."

"We know who you are," stated Rainbow Dash. She had a look of boredom and irritation on her face.

"And I know who you are, Rainbow Dash," the Wind Elemental pointed back. Rainbow Dash could only laugh. "Don't believe me? Fine. Let's see...you are the youngest and only pegasus (except for Soren) to perform the Sonic Rainboom, you hate losing or failing, and~ you love Guardian-boy over there." He pointed towards Soren, and he saw the alicorn look at Rainbow and her returning the gesture. "Can I assume that he loves you back?"

"We haven't been dating for that long," Soren said as he winked at Rainbow and turned towards the Wind Elemental. "What should we call you? The Earth Elemental was called Terra, so what should we call you?"

"Why you can call me Skybolt, the 'youngest' Elemental and the fastest one of them all. I have used Skybolt as a name for so long that I don't even think the other Elementals remember my technical name. Anyways, should we get started? We've been, or I should say I've been, talking too long." Soren and Dash nodded, but Skybolt noticed something quickly: "No no no, I don't like that. That's going away." Skybolt pointed towards Soren's horn, still stained red from earlier. The Elemental clapped his hooves together and the horn vanished. He then began to fill the space around them with thunder clouds, and the ground soon started disappearing. All three ponies immediately started flying, and Soren and Rainbow quickly realized that this battle was going to be a dog fight.

Lightning then flashed in the background, not only signaling the start of the fight but blinding Soren and Rainbow for few seconds. Next thing Soren knew, he was being tackled by Skybolt. The Elemental punched him twice and bucked him in his chest with great power. Soren was impressed that such a strong strike was possible while flying.

"Is that all you got?" Soren asked, rubbing his chest and grinning. Skybolt smiled.

"No. I also have this." He swiped his hooves down and caused the air around him to go straight down with alarming speed. Rainbow Dash was charging at Skybolt right before he did this. She was flung downwards but recovered and flew next to Soren.

Skybolt now stared at them with such a serious expression. Skybolt curled up, while still flying, and started glowing yellow. He then threw his hooves in all directions like an explosion. One second passed before multiple lightning bolts started striking everywhere. Soren and Rainbow began flying spastically, trying not to get hit. As Rainbow Dash dodged and weaved, Soren made his way to one side of Skybolt. Skybolt was still in his 'explosion' position, focusing on sending as much lightning as possible at his opponents. Rainbow noticed Soren and followed his lead, flying to the other side of Skybolt.

Once they were in position, the two of them charged at the spirit. Right before they slammed into him, however, Skybolt shot upwards. Luckily, Soren was expecting something like that. When Skybolt flew up, Soren readjusted and flew right over Dash so they wouldn't collide.

Regrouping, Soren and Rainbow flew next to each other once again. "This guy is more of a challenge than Terra," Dash commented. "Got any plans?"

"As a matter of fact, I think I do," Soren responded. Skybolt heard their conversation and started laughing, but his laughter was soon drawn out by the sound of singing. He looked down at Soren with a angry expression.

"What do you think you're doing?" Skybolt asked seriously and partially irritated.

"Exactly what it sounds like," Soren retorted. "I'm going to show you just how powerful I can be without magic."

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you.
By now you should've, somehow, realized what you gotta do.
I don't believe that anypony feels the way I do about you now

Back beat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt.
I don't believe that anypony feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

At this point, Skybolt and Rainbow noticed that the thunder clouds started to vanish, causing random streaks of light to shine down on the aerial battlefield. Skybolt looked around in shock and slight horror, but Soren continued.

Today was gonna be the day but they'll never throw it back to you.
By now you shoulda, somehow, realized what you're not to do.
I don't believe that anypony feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

As Soren was nearing the end of his song, Skybolt decided to finally take the chance to attack him. Luckily for Soren, Rainbow Dash intervened by bucking Skybolt in his chest.

"Ha! That's payback for Soren!" she exclaimed confidently.

"This. Isn't. Possible!" Skybolt said angrily. The spirit went from being a confident pegasus to a furious Elemental spirit. Dash decided to grab Skybolt since he was in shock. She then threw the Elemental at Soren, and Soren put him in a headlock. Headlocks while flying can become very lethal very fast since the other pegasus can't fly. Midair plus strength equals a very deadly headlock.

"Let me go!" Skybolt shouted with a strained voice.

"Surrender and I will," Soren said evenly. Skybolt continued to struggle against Soren's hold. Soren looked at Rainbow and smirked "He's more hot-headed than you." She frowned at him but couldn't stop herself from chuckling at the joke.

At this point, Soren felt tired of trying to show mercy to this pony, so he gave Skybolt one final warning.

"Now you listen very closely because the next words that leave your mouth decided wether or not I end this. You can't win; that's a fact. So just surrender and we'll be on our way, or you can keep resisting and I can make sure that you'll need a new body after this." As he threatened Skybolt, Soren's voice became serious enough to make Rainbow shiver. Unfortunately, Skybolt's answer disappointed Soren.

"I don't give a flying feather what you do! I'll still be the fastest Elemental and pegasus around. I'd rather die than surrender to two mortals like you." His persistance was commendable, but he still had to be dealt with. Soren shook his own head and looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Could you be a dear and do your signature move for me, please?" he asked. Skybolt's eyes widened.

"You're gonna have her do a Sonic Rainboom and hit us both?!" Skybolt squirmed even more as he saw Rainbow starting to perform it.

Soren's face was stern and ready for the impact. He looked down at the squirming Skybolt. The 'young' Elemental looked up at the white pegasus and saw how serious he was. Up to this point in his life, Soren have never seen such fear in a pony's eyes. He knew that what was about to happen was wrong, but he also knew that it was Skybolt or them. Soren tilted his head down in order to whisper to Skybolt.

"This all could have been avoided if you simply gave up when you were beat. But instead you chose arrogance. I'm so sorry for this, but I'd just like to say...that I'm not going to be hit." Skybolt snapped his head up, wide-eyed.



Soren let him go.



Skybolt didn't fall for more than one second before Soren saw a rainbow blur whiz by, slamming into the spirit. Both Soren and Rainbow Dash looked at the unconscious Skybolt as he fell down further and further into the sky abyss. When Skybolt was just a falling speck in the clouds, the ground slowly rematerialized.

The couple landed and stared at each other. Soren walked up to Dash, looked deep in her eyes, and discovered fear in them. He quickly hugged her and started to weep.

"Never, ever let me become that dark again," he said softly, hugging Rainbow harder. The two just stood there embracing each other, making a silent promise to prevent Soren from acting like that again.

Author's Note:

Wonderwall is sung by Oasis.