• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 525 Views, 15 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 3: A True Hero? - KingNyroc15



A hero can only take so much chaos before they lose who they are.

  • ...
21
 15
 525

Welcome to Planet Zero

The group of eight reached their destination after a lot more walking (and flying for the pegasi). It took awhile, but the four pegasi led Soren and his friends to a community of sorts. The area of this community was fairly large, and the whole place was surrounded by a sturdy-looking stone wall. There were no buildings or roads, only tents and dirt. The tents themselves weren't very tall but seemed big enough to act as a decent home. There were obviously many residents living here since tents littered the place, but the question on everypony's mind was 'How many?' The group had just arrived the center of the community when the pegasi stopped to address them.

"Well, this is it," one of them said with boredom. "Welcome to Planet Zero. Just find a tent that isn't occupied and call it home. We're off to tell the leader we have more company." The pegasi, Soren, Spike, and the mares exchanged names, then the pegasi flew off. Soren and company looked around and noticed that a few ponies were stepping out of their 'homes.' The residents looked at the newcomers and began whispering to each other with worry, distaste, or curiosity. Spike soon realized something as they were being talked about.

"Wow! We sure do stick out like sore hoofs around here compared to the other ponies." With that said, the mares and Soren looked at each other and compared themselves to the community. They were so brightly colored in comparison to the darkened, dirty community. It was like seeing a bright light in the middle of night. The group of friends sighed and went out to find any available tents.

---------------

"This place sucks!" exclaimed Rainbow, who then looked at Soren. "Why can't you and egghead fix the TARDIS?" Rainbow Dash was obviously frustrated at the depressing planet all of them were stuck on. The four of them found two tents relatively close to each other in the western part of the community. They split the tents accordingly: the boys get one tent, while the mares camped in the other. All of them were now gathered in Soren and Spike's tent, and Rainbow Dash was getting frustrated already.

"Rainbow Dash, just relax," Soren calmly said. "We just needed a place to stay while Twilight and I try to fix the console. Until we get the TARDIS running again, be on the lookout for anything strange. Also, stop complaining; there's no need to get stressed out." Rainbow Dash just sat on her haunches, crossed her fore-legs, and frowned. "Now then. Twilight, should we work on the TARDIS as soon as possible?"

"Not just yet," she replied. "Although I agree with Rainbow Dash that this place isn't the happiest to be in, I think we need to talk to this 'leader' before doing anything. We wouldn't want to break any of their rules on the first day." Soren understood her worry, so he sat down beside Rainbow Dash and put a leg around her; he felt her calm down. Pretty soon, Twilight and Spike sat with them, and the friends comforted each other with small talk.

After many minutes passed, a pegasi could be heard calling out names throughout the community.
Most of the names Soren and his friends didn't recognize, but there were four that they did: Twilight Sparkle, Soren Melody, Rainbow Dash, and Spike. The ponies stepped out of the tent and followed the flying pegasus as he called more names. At least a dozen other ponies were now following him as he led them to a big tent near the center of the community. The tent was maybe a few heads taller than the other tents, but it definitely looked important.

"Why do you think they called our names?" Spike asked, a little worried. Twilight gave a reassuring look to her assistant, who was riding on her back.

"Relax, Spike. I'm sure it's nothing bad...at least I hope." Spike tried to follow Twilight's advice, but he found himself unable. The large group of ponies walked into the great tent and saw a peculiar sight. They saw eight unicorns, four on the left and four on the right, standing guard on either side of a red carpet that led to the back of the tent. At the back was a fancy seat that looked as though royalty sat upon it. It was decorated with purple velvet and fake gold. On this seat was a middle-aged stallion that looked like he has seen his fair share of battles. This bearded, brown-coated, black-maned stallion addressed the group of ponies after they stopped walking.

"If any of you question why you were called, step forth," he demanded with great authority. The ponies were hesitant, but eventually, one by one, they all took a few steps forward. "Very well. I shall explain why all of you are here. As you all know, the Bandits have raided our camps one too many times, and in retaliation, we have raided their camps as well. Both of our groups have suffered casualties in this stalemate of a battle, but we all know that the first group to stop fighting will surely lose. This is why I have decided to recruit more ponies to defend our community against these monsters." The ponies in the crowd started to become nervous. "All of you will report to training and, if you seem fit enough, you will be assigned to a position. These are dark times on this even darker planet, but they must be stopped."

As the leader ended his speech, the unicorns ushered the mob to leave the tent. Soren and his friends started to follow, but were stopped by a commanding voice.

"You four will stay." The dragon and three ponies turned back towards the leader as he walked up to them. The stallion stared intently at all of them and addressed them.

"You four aren't from around here, are you?" Soren and his friends, once again, gave each other nervous glances. "No need to lie. I can see the truth on your faces. Where are you ponies from? Why are you here?" Rainbow Dash was about to stand up to the leader, but Soren put a hoof in front of her to make her stand down.

"You're right," Soren answered, "we aren't from around here. I guess you can say that we were tricked into coming here."

"Tricked? Explain yourselves."

"Before I answer, I need to ask: Is space travel possible on this planet?"

"Of course, don't be ridiculous."

"Just making sure. Anyway, our spaceship was hijacked by an evil pony who took my friend here hostage." Soren motioned at Twilight. "He managed to get us all inside the ship as he set the coordinates for a random location. We landed here with our controls smashed, and the evil pony ran off somewhere on this planet." Soren's friends were amazed at him. They couldn't believe he could lie so easily, although it was all true. 'I guess the Doctor isn't completely gone,' Twilight joked to herself. The leader looked into Soren's eyes as he listened.

"How can you be so sure that this pony is still on this planet? He could have fixed the controls and left, leaving you all stranded here."

"The controls of the ship are far too complicated for him to fix. Twilight and I are the only ponies that can repair the controls. It would mean a lot to us if you could help hunt down this stallion and stop whatever plan he has in stored." Twilight quickly looked at Soren, as did the rest of his friends.

"If you all manage to be recruited than you may easily find the pony you are looking for. However, be warned: if you endanger my ponies, I'll have no problem hunting you down myself." With nothing left to discuss, the group was forced out of the leader's tent. As they walked back to their own tents, Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow had a few questions for Soren.

"What the hay was that all about, Soren?" Rainbow Dash asked. "I find it awesome how you took charge, but why did you speak for all of us?"

"And why are you putting a bounty on the Master's head?" Spike bluntly asked. "I thought you and Twilight just wanted to capture him." Soren stopped walking but refused to look at his friends.

"He was captured before, and this is the outcome of his escape." Soren's voice became serious. "No more second chances. If it requires a hunt, then so be it." Avoiding Rainbow's question, Soren started walking again. Rainbow Dash and Spike just looked at Twilight, who closed her eyes and shook her head. She didn't know why Soren was acting this way. 'He might already be changed, and we wouldn't even know it,' she worried to herself. Twilight led her friends to their respective tents to waste away the remainder of the day. Tomorrow, training starts.

---------------

"How can you be so confident with your little plan, sir?" a scruffy pony asked after listening to a plan that interested him. "What makes you think it would even work?" The blue-coated stallion facing the scruffy leader gave a sinister smile.

"If my four targets are where they should be, then this plan cannot fail. Trust me, I'm a master at planning." The blonde stallion chuckled evilly.