• Published 29th Nov 2013
  • 525 Views, 15 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 3: A True Hero? - KingNyroc15



A hero can only take so much chaos before they lose who they are.

  • ...
21
 15
 525

Hearts & Hooves Day

Flashback

The Doctor dragged the tied-up Master into the TARDIS. He, Soren, Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash had just defeated the Master aided by Queen Chrysalis. When they reached the console, the Doctor propped the Master against the railings. He then went back to the console to take his nemesis to an isolated planet. The Master was surprisingly quiet; it made the Doctor slightly nervous. He looked at the defeated Time Lord and shuddered when he saw his smile. The TARDIS started moving as the two Time Lords stared at each other. After a few more seconds of staring, the Doctor finally turned back towards the console to double-check his destination. The second the Doctor turned away, however, the Master somehow grabbed his laser screwdriver, cut the ropes, and ran towards the TARDIS doors.

"No! Wait!" the Doctor shouted as he turned to look at the Master, who had already opened the doors. The only thing outside the TARDIS was the time vortex, which could take the Master anywhere in any point in time. In this universe, the Master knew the vortex was surprisingly safe. He looked back at the Doctor and laughed.

"Until next time, Doctor." The Master jumped out of the TARDIS into the time vortex. The Doctor rushed towards the doors and looked outside. He knew he wouldn't see sim, but he looked anyway. 'Anywhere at anytime...' thought the Doctor. 'I wonder where he'll end up.'

---------------

Present Day

Today is Hearts & Hooves Day in Ponyville and love is definitely in the air. Many couples around the small town are having quality time with their special someponies. Wether it's a date or something else that's special, couples are enjoy each other's company, and Soren and Rainbow Dash are no different. This is Soren's first Hearts & Hooves Day since appearing in Ponyville, so he didn't know what to expect. He and Rainbow Dash were laying on a big cloud, for they wanted some privacy for awhile. Soren returned to Ponyville yesterday and both Rainbow and Soren couldn't be happier. The two ponies were now on the cloud, holding and looking at each other. The coupled kissed each other, then finally stood up. Rainbow Dash started to grin.

"You know...you look good as a pegasus," she complimented. Soren decided to hide his horn again, so he was once again a pegasus. "Wanna race?" Soren could only laugh as the mood of the moment kept changing. He nodded at his marefriend. "Last one to the Town Hall buys dinner."

"That doesn't seem fair," Soren commented, "I was going to pay for dinner anyway." He wasn't lying and Rainbow knew that, but she also took it as a challenge.

"So you think you'll win? We'll see about that." The two pegasi stood side by side and faced the direction of the Town Hall. Ready, the two counted down together.

"Three...two...one...Go!"

They took off at insane speeds, causing the cloud they were standing on to disappear.

-------------

Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle was walking through town, heading towards Sugarcube Corner for a snack. As she treaded through town, she was very lost in thought. She found herself thinking about how Soren started to become discorded. She then realized that the Doctor's (now Soren's) darker half is still a part of him. 'It seems as though he will never be able to rid himself of that curse,' thought Twilight as she spotted Sugarcube Corner. She was almost to the front door when a boom echoed throughout the town. Many ponies around her looked to the sky and saw something amazing. Everypony saw a Sonic Rainboom, but this Rainboom was being mixed with a new kind of 'boom.' This one, known as the Sonic Fireblast by Soren and his friends, was like a Sonic Rainboom, except instead of a rainbow it had green fire. These two blasts fused together into a fiery rainbow. Just then, the spectators saw two pegasi, flying side-by-side, swoop past everyone.

"It's Rainbow Dash!"

"Who's that white pegasus?"

"Wow!"

Many similar things could be heard coming from the mouths of amazed bystanders. Not many ponies have seen Soren without his horn, but the two racers were moving so fast that Soren would still be unrecognized even with it. As the racers disappeared from her sight, Twilight Sparkle decided to grab her snack and meet her friends at whatever destination they were racing to. Yet when she turned towards the shop, she instantly started debating whether she should actually disturb Soren and Rainbow or not. 'I'll think about it" was her last thought before entering Sugarcube Corner.

-------------

Soren and Rainbow Dash landed in front of the Town Hall and skidded to a stop. The two started to debate on who won, but eventually they considered it a tie.

"It's been so long since we raced," Soren said. He fell to the ground, laid on his back, and gave a relaxing sigh. Looking at him, Dash sat next to Soren.

"It's been awhile since we just hung out." Soren's ear went back a little.

"I know. I'm still sorry. Those things just had to be done. I'm here now, aren't I? And I plan to stay here for a good while." Dash smiled and laid on the ground with her coltfriend. The two were very relaxed at this point of the day. By now it was an hour or two past noon. The sky was mostly clear; it was sunny, and it was quiet. The day was perfect for them.

"Hiya guys!" exclaimed a familar, hyper voice. The pair sat up suddenly and were greeted by the sight of Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy. "Why are you on the ground? There are benches everywhere." The pink mare threw her hooves up to emphasize 'everywhere.'

"Hey guys," replied Rainbow Dash. Her and Soren stood up to properly chat with their friends. "What are you all doing here?" Applejack stepped forward.

"Well...how to put it? The three of us decided to keep each other company since we don't have..." She let the sentence drift so Rainbow or Soren could figure out what she was saying.

"None of you have a special somepony for today?" Rainbow asked. Fluttershy and Applejack shook their heads. Pinkie just stood there smiling.

"Hard to believe mares like you don't have special someponies by now," Soren said. "You'd think the Elements of Harmony would have stallions at their hooves." Soren chuckled at his own joke. "So did you three just come to hang out or something?" The mares looked at each other.

"I guess we just have nothing better to do," Fluttershy said. "We've been spending time with each other for today."

"I reckon we should just find some lonely colts who would wanna be our special somepony. What do ya'll think?"

"Ok," Fluttershy answered shyly. With that, the three mares took their leave.

"Well that was strange and random," Rainbow pointed out. Soren nodded in agreement.

"So what do you want to do now?" The two pegasi sat on the ground and began thinking.

-------------

The Master looked around Ponyville. After the time vortex dropped him off, he had no idea what year it was or where he was, so he decided to look for the nearest town. Ironically, that town was Ponyville. In said town, the Master was hiding around corners and in alleyways to avoid attracting too much attention to himself. He still needed to find out what year it was. Unfortunately, he couldn't see a newspaper in sight. The Master realized that he was going to have to ask for the date. He walked straight into the open and looked for the nearest pony. He saw a mare with two saddlebags and walked towards her.

"Uhh excuse me," he addressed. The mare looked at him. The mare was a magenta earth pony with a red mane. The saddlebags hid her cutie mark, but the Master could care less about that. "I had a nasty fall earlier. I can't seem to remember a few things. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me the date?"

"Oh you poor thing. Well, the year is 1003 and—" The mare couldn't tell the stallion the month or day because he ran off after hearing the year. 'Yes!' he exclaimed to himself. '1003...in Ponyville. The timing couldn't be better. Now to start my plan.' While thinking to himself, the Master sprinted towards a giant tree in the middle of town.

----------------

"WOOHOO! GO SOREN!" An energetic white unicorn mare and her sophisticated, grey, earth pony roommate were walking through a park. The unicorn caught sight of two pegasi kissing each other on a bench, and she recognized both of them...so she cheered them on. Her roommate face-hoofed and groaned after her friend yelled at the couple. The two pegasi instantly stopped and turned to see who was cheering for Soren.

"Did you really have to yell that?" Octavia groaned. "They obviously wanted to be left alone." Although Octavia didn't necessarily want to see her brother making out with his marefriend, she still respected the need for privacy.

"Tavi, you know me," Vinyl Scratch started, "I always have to embarass ponies, especially my friends, and especially their brothers or sisters." Octavia sighed as the pegasi couple walked up to them.

"I never took you for the one who watches other couples kiss, Vinyl," Rainbow Dash joked. Vinyl laughed and began to have a conversation with Rainbow. Meanwhile, Soren walked up to Octavia.

"So how have you been?" Soren asked her. "Are you mad at me for not being around?" Octavia shook her head.

"I'm just glad you're safe. I've grown used to you leaving on some adventure with your friends. I don't get mad at you for not spending time with me or the fact that you leave randomly; I just worry that you may not come back." Soren hugged Octavia, and she returned it. "I still miss you sometimes," she whispered. Soren smiled and their hug broke.

"So what are you and Vinyl doing today?"

"Well, since we don't have coltfriends, we decided to do what most ponies do in this situation: spend the day with friends."

"That's what Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie are doing today. What have you done so far?"

"Well, we—" Octavia was cut off by Vinyl, who just ended her conversation with Rainbow Dash.

"We played music together. Now we're walking around town. It's been a pretty fun day so far." Vinyl smiled sheepishly as Octavia glared at her.

"Yes...we did all of those things. What about you and Rainbow Dash?"

"Well you already saw one of the things we are doing today," Soren chuckled, "but we also raced. You actually reminded me: I want to play music with Rainbow later. I bet she's still killer on the guitar." Rainbow smiled and gave a friendly punch to Soren.

"Sounds like you two are having a wonderful time together. What will you two do for dinner? It's nearly 4 o'clock now." Soren and Rainbow Dash looked at each other. They hadn't thought about their plans for dinner. They were too busy enjoying each other's company.

"We don't know, actually," replied Rainbow. "We were too busy having fun, I guess."

"Well, Vinyl and I are going to ask Twilight and her friends if they are open for dinner in town tonight. We have become very good friends with them over the past few weeks. Would you two like to join us, or do you two plan on having a romantic dinner alone?" The two pegasi exchanged glances. Soren shrugged, so Rainbow decided to answer Octavia's question.

"A romantic dinner sounds nice. What do you think, Soren? Does a nice dinner and some extra fun at your house sound good?" Deciding to play around with Soren, Rainbow's voice became more intimate as she asked those questions; she even blinked an eye at him. Vinyl caught that.

"Aww yeeaa. Soren's getting lucky tonight." Octavia face-hoofed again, Soren blushed, and Rainbow started laughing.

"I'm just teasing him, Vinyl," Rainbow explained. "He basically said it was up to me to decide what to do. We'll join you guys. Why not, right?" The four ponies relaxed and started heading towards the library.

"Do you really have to be so forward, Vinyl?" Octavia asked as they all left the park. Vinyl gave a big smile and nodded. Octavia simply sighed.

Eventually, the colt and three mares arrived at Twilight's library. Soren knocked on the door but no pony answered. He knocked again only to have the same result.
"Guess she's not home," Soren said.

"Where do you think she is?" Rainbow asked.

"Maybe she found herself a special somepony," Vinyl pointed out.

"Although that would be great, I don't think she did," Soren added. "Let's split up and look around town. I'll go with Rainbow Dash to Sweet Apple Acres and Fluttershy's cottage while you two go to Carousel Boutique and Sugarcube Corner. Let's meet back here when we're done, ok?"

"Yes, sir!" Vinyl half-joked, saluting. Octavia nodded and started dragging Vinyl, who pretended to be frozen in her salute. Vinyl started to walk normally after a few seconds.

"Well," Rainbow said, "let's fly." The two pegasi took off for their destinations without hesitation.

-------------

The sound of wings flapping was music to the Master's ears. He was hidden away within Twilight's library, working on the TARDIS in the basement. He's been working on the complicated machine for half an hour with barely any results. 'Luckily the Doctor's companion was stupid enough to leave the TARDIS key here.'

After making sure the ponies (especially Soren) were gone, the Master walked back downstairs. He opened the TARDIS' doors and stepped back inside. The interior was making a strange sound like the machine was sick, the lighting in the room was red, and the console itself looked slightly damaged. The Master never struck the console, but he felt like he was about to.

"You better cooperate this time, you blasted machine." The TARDIS groaned a little louder as a response, but the Master ignored it. He walked up to the console and started pressing buttons. His concentration showed that he was trying to do something very specific. The Master started thinking out loud.

"I have the date and the location of the area in the universe, but I just need the blasted planet." He smacked the side of a monitor to see if that would help; unfortunately for him, it didn't. "A nation of conflict, a nation of thieves and bandits, a nation that has lost all hope and can never be fixed. But which planet is it on?!"

After another ten minutes of searching, the Master yelled in frustration and walked out of the TARDIS. 'I'm running out of time,' he thought. Just then, he heard a door open and close. He gave a small smile. 'Company.'

"Spiiiike, are you home?" The voice of Twilight Sparkle was unmistakable for the Master. His smile grew even larger. "That lazy dragon is probably taking a nap." Twilight opened the door to the basement and started walking down the stairs. At this point, the Master's grin was so big and sinister that anypony would shutter if they saw it.

'Looks like I'll have more leverage than I thought,' the Master realized. He hid right next to the doorway at the bottom of the stairs.

"What's that sound? Is that the TARDIS?" The Master noticed that he left the doors open, but instantly realized that this is an advantage; she'll be distracted. Twilight Sparkle walked through the doorway then heard shuffling next to her, but before she could turn towards the sound, she was knocked unconscious...