• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 2,688 Views, 43 Comments

Dan Vs. Equestria - TreSiv



When Dan is sent to Equestria by Elise as a research trip, he wants nothing more than to get back to Earth to get his revenge. But trouble soon arises when the Elements of Harmony are stolen, and are his only way home.

  • ...
4
 43
 2,688

Chapter Two: Unwelcoming Committee

Dan and Chris sat in their seats dazed. Sand had settled all around them, making them look like they were tinted orange. Steam issued out of the front of the car as the engine shut down. The brand new, shiny red convertible had been completely totaled, and it had taken Dan only one day to do it. There was total silence and stillness as though time itself had froze. Then many things happened at once.

The first thing that happened was a loud siren that had started to go off. In addition to this, a great deal of yelling and footsteps could be heard as soldiers ran out of multiple places around the compound, guns at the ready. They soon found the source of the loud bang, and rounded off to the wrecked car. At this point, Dan and Chris snapped out of their stunned silence and began to piece together what was going on, and what had just happened. Chris gaped in horror as he saw what was once his great new car.

"Fantastic. Look what you made me do, Dan."

Dan shrugged, looking unfazed, "Hey, it's not my fault you can't drive under pressure."

Now it was Chris's turn to get mad.

"You attacked me!"

"Yeah, and you deserved it!" Dan retorted.

By now, the soldiers had gathered around the wreckage as the smoke cleared out. Chris and Dan looked around to find they had company. Company with guns pointed straight at them. Chris threw up his arms and crossed them angrily.

"Great! Now I get to die. Thanks. Thanks Dan. I never imagined this is how it would end."

"Meh, I've imagined worse ways for you to die." Dan said nonchalantly.

Before Chris could respond with something, one of the soldiers pointed his gun closer and said.

"You are trespassing on top secret American soil. You will now be terminated. A letter will be sent home to your families stating that you were killed in a horrific accident, and your bodies were never found."

Chris groaned uneasily shrank back in his seat. He was never going to see Elise again. On the other hand, Dan looked completely undisturbed, as though the soldiers weren't there at all. He didn't have a family, he had either done them off when they made him mad, or had cut ties with them completely. All there was to his "family" was Mr. Mumbles, and she was a natural stray, so Dan wasn't worried about her; she could live without him. The soldiers cocked their guns.

"Goodbye gentlemen. It was a pleasure knowing you."

Chris closed his eyes and tensed up for the end, but it didn't come. Instead, there was a female voice. A familiar female voice. Dan rolled his eyes angrily.

"Boys, boys, stand down! There's no cause for alarm."

The lady bent down to Chris and said, "Hi, honey."

Chris smiled weakly.

"Hi, Elise. Maybe we came at a bad time, maybe we should just leave."

Chris made an attempt to turn the key to start the car, but to no avail. The car was beyond gone.

Elise laughed softly.

"You're actually on time, it's just that you need to work on your entrances. But I have a feeling," She looked at Dan, "That this wasn't your idea. Hi Dan."

Dan said nothing, he just looked the other way and waved his arm in recognition.

Elise turned back to Chris.

"Well, we better get going, we have a lot of work to do. Well, Dan does at least."

Dan let out a grunt.

The soldiers wrenched open the car doors to let Dan and Chris out. Chris stretched. He had been on the road for hours. Dan walked right next to him, looking at Elise expectantly, as though she were going to hand him some strange pill to take, or some new weapon to test. Truth be told, that last bit wasn't to be expected. Nobody in their right mind would let Dan even hold a weapon of any sort.

"So what is it that you need me to do? Run through some mazes? Take a new pill you've created to cure some disease? Test an new weapon?"

He had added that last bit with a bit of a deranged voice.

Elise shook her head.

"Nope. None of the above. I'll tell you once we're inside. We can't risk saying it out in the open."

Dan put on look of disbelief.

"Oh really? Who the hell is going to hear us all the way out here," he gathered a lungful of air, "IN THE DESERT!!!"

The soldiers raised their guns again at Dan. Dan didn't flinch. He'd been in worse situations.

"Also, tell your little body guards to relax."

Elise nodded to the soldiers, who lowered their guns and disbanded.

Chris, who was still tensed up by having the guns pointed at him loosened up a little.

Elise said in a matter-of-fact tone, "Let's go inside. We'll begin there." She looked at Dan, "And no more interruptions."

Elise turned around and motioned for the two to follow. As they walked around the large brick building that had been used as their breaks, they saw it was one of many strewn about with a few hangars here and there. They got to the door of said building, where Elise paused. She pulled out a security card, swiped it on a small grey box beside the door, and the doors slid aside. Cool air rushed passed as Elise, Dan and Chris stepped into the large room, almost like a small stadium. Computers of all shapes and sizes covered the walls. There was a faint, rumbling noise emitting from them. But what caught Chris and Dan's eyes was something in the middle of the the room. A metal, arch-like something.

It was a portal.