• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 2,688 Views, 43 Comments

Dan Vs. Equestria - TreSiv



When Dan is sent to Equestria by Elise as a research trip, he wants nothing more than to get back to Earth to get his revenge. But trouble soon arises when the Elements of Harmony are stolen, and are his only way home.

  • ...
4
 43
 2,688

Chapter Nine: Dan's Machine

Back in Ponyville, the sun was rising once again. Today, Dan was to begin his new mission of doing something nice for someone. Well, at least, he was supposed to be doing that. By all accounts, Dan was not one to be nice to people for no reason. If he was going back home, he was going to do it by force. All he needed was a plan, and a plan he had. He awoke early that day. He sat up and squinted in the darkness, as the blinds were pulled. He wiped some garbage off the blanket and pulled his legs over the side of the bed, still trying to wake up. He looked over at Twilight, who was still asleep, and then he crept across the floor next to her bed.

He leaned down close to her ear. "Hey Twilight." He whispered. She mumbled in her sleep. "Twilight," Dan took a deep breath."WAKE UP!"

"WAAA!" Twilight jumped up in surprise and rolled off the bed, getting wrapped up in the blankets as she went. She hit the cold, wooden floor.

"Oww! Dan! What was that for?" Twilight said as she picked herself up, rubbing her head.

"We have work to do."

Twilight used her magic to lift the blankets onto the bed. "No, you have work to do. I have nothing to do with this. I can point you in the right direction, but I'm not doing anything for you."

Dan rubbed his chin. "Alright then, can you point me in the direction of the nearest junk yard?"

Twilight pulled the blinds up. "Oh! Are you going to volunteer? That's very nice of you!" She stopped. "Hold up. What do you need the junkyard for?" She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

Dan put on a faux surpised face. "I just want to do good so I can go back home. But, if you rather I stay here forever, that's fine too."

Twilight shook her head. "No, no, no, not what I meant by that! Alright, I'll show you where the junkyard is. After breakfast, though."

They headed downstairs, where Spike was on a stool and was already making breakfast. "Hey Twilight!" He said cheerfully. "Oh, hi Dan." He said less cheerfully.

Dan just frowned and sat down. Twilight didn't. "No big breakfast right now, we just need something to take along." She magiced two apples out of a fruit basket.

"C'mon Dan, let's go."

Dan got up and kicked the stool out from under Spike. "See ya, football."

Spike steadied himself. "I'm not a football!"

Dan laughed and walked out the door of the library after Twilight.

"You know," Twilight said as they walked towards the junkyard. "You won't get home by doing that to ponies."

"Meh, I think I'll manage."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Here's your apple. Straight from Sweet Apple Acres, that's where my friend Applejack lives."

"Sounds miserable."

"It's really not."

Dan took a bite out of the apple. "Hmm, I suppose it's good enough."

Twilight smiled knowingly. "Right, 'good enough'." Nobody could say no to a Sweet Apple Acres apple.

As they headed through the town, ponies turned and looked at the spectacle that was Dan. None of them had seen a human before. Some of them even had taken to following him. Dan looked over his shoulder, and they all tried to act natural. He looked forward again, and they continued following. Dan stopped, so did the ponies. He truned around with and angry and annoyed expression. He held his hands up like claws.

"Boo." He lurched at them. The ponies all stayed together, but backed closer to each other. Twilight turned around.

"C'mon Dan, we don't have time for this."

"No, no, I want to see what happens when I do this." He took a step forward. The ponies backed up a little. Dan took a few more steps, and the ponies just stood together, closer to eachother.

"Dan, just leave it."

Dan ignored her. He got right up in their faces. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

They all stood together, stunned. Dan leaned in.

"This is the part where you all scatter."

They yelled and bgan to run in different directions.

Dan smiled. "You know, I think I could learn to love this place."

Twilight sighed. "Right, can we go now?"

Dan turned. "Yes. Lead on Twilight Chris."

"Don't call me that."

Dan was in happier spirits for the rest of the way, and no other ponies followed them, though they still turned to look at Dan.

After a few more minutes of walking, they finally rached the junkyard. It was a large area of land surrounded by a justy fence, and a gate falling off it's henges. Twilight looked up at Dan.

"What are you going to do here?"

Dan didn't take his eyes off the junk. "Never you mind. Now you just run along home like a good little pony and take care of your football."

"His name is Spike."

That's great." Said Dan as he walked under the large sign that said "PONYVILLE JUNKYARD".

Twilight shook her head again. She turned and began the trek back to her treehouse.

Dan looked at her untill she was out of sight. He slumpped. "Finally, now that she's gone, I can get started."

He walked into the junkyard. All around were old and worn out machines. Some of them looked like they were in alright condition. Dan began his search on where a good starting object would be, and finally, he found it near an old shen in the middle of the compund. He open the shed door. Inside, there were tools of all shapes and sizes, anything one would need to build anything they wanted. Dan smiled. Finally, things were going his way. He spotted welding equipmenton the table. It was only too easy, it was almost as if the shed was handing him all the tools he needed. Dan stepped back outside. All around him were his materials.

He set to work, grabbing anything of use. When he was done, he would have the ultimate machine. It would be a mobile machine, sporting large tires, and made of metal for rugged use. On the front, there would be a metal claw for destoying anything that got in his way. Dan smiled evily. This was too good. He sat down with the welding tools and other normal tools and set to work. All day, he put together, connected, twisted, and created. Since he had helped build that mechsuit, this was a piece of cake.

Morning turned to afternoon, and afternoon turned to dusk. All day, ponies that happened to walk past the junkyard would hear the clanging of Dan's handiwork. None of them went in to inquire, as they were all busy. Dan worked tirelessly on his machine, dubbed "The Claw". Finally, after a full days work, Dan stood up and wiped his brow. He stepped back and viewed his creation as a whole. It was perfect. Dan nodded, and pulled a large tarp he found in the shed over it. He yawned and looked up. Night was upon him. He walked out of the junkward and closed the gate, that screeched when he moved it. He ran back to the library.

Twilight was reading. "Oh hi, Dan. Busy day?"

"It was whatever. I'm tired. Being nice takes a lot out of me."

"You know that's really not- "

"Goodnight Twilight Chris." He crawled into bed. He had another busy day ahead of him tomorrow.

Twilight looked up at the ledge and shrugged. She went back to her book. "Goodnight to you too, Dan."