• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 1,221 Views, 28 Comments

Purity - maxxxxxx



When ancient powers awaken from the ever free forest, jeopardizing not only Ponyville but all of Equestria, The elements of harmony must unite with unholy powers to protect they're home and friends.

  • ...
8
 28
 1,221

Aftermath (1)

Twilight and Rarity galloped towards the library. The stampede had scared most of the ponies in town into their homes, which was just as well. Debris that had gone over her shield spell littered the ground along with broken glass from sever windows that had been shattered. There was a small area of town that she could not cover in time. The few houses that were there had been completely demolished. Small rescue teams sorted through the rubble. Twilight watched as she ran by, praying that nopony was hurt. The library came into site, as Twilight thought it was in one piece. A sturdy tree could easily withstand such a minor quake, and the shield she had casted should have been large enough to protect it from the blast, Twilight reasoned. They came to a screeching haul just in front of the door, Rarity's horn light up and it magically flung open.

“Sweetie Belle! Are you alright?!” She ran into the library, quickly followed by Twilight. There they saw Spike and Sweetie Belle crouching under her desk looking startled at the ponies. Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. 'I'm glad Spike payed attention when I went over earthquake safety procedures.' Sweetie Belle bolted out from under the desk with spike following right behind her. She lunged at at sister, nearly knocking her off balance as with her embrace.

“Twi what was that whats going on?” He began frantically. “First there was that earthquake, then that huge explosion. Does this have anything to do with what you and Rainbow Dash were talking about earlier?” Before she responded she wrapped her hooves around the baby dragon, pulling him into a warm hug.

“I'm just glad you're safe.” Spike relaxed from the reassuring gesture, once Twilight was satisfied that her would be okay mentally she released him.

“We don't know Spike. There was something in the Everfree forest, something immensely powerful. It caused the explosion and the quake. I almost didn’t get to use my brothers shield spell to block the explosion. If I hadn’t.” She trailed off at the grim thought. It quickly dawned on her that if she had waited even one more second, Spike and Sweetie Belle might not be alright. All of Ponyville and all of her friends, and even herself could have been taken out in an instant. She began to tremble. What was that! The adrenaline had worn off, and the implications of what might have been sunk it. Spike watched as Twilight drifted into her mind, her face becoming more bleak with each realization.

“Twi!” He pushed on her front leg, trying to snap her back to reality, it worked. She shook her head, dispelling the thoughts of what if.

“I'm sorry Spike, I'm better now”

“Oh Sweetie Belle! You poor thing, you must have been terrified!” She hugged her sister in with suffocating force. After a minute she wormed her way out of it.

“I wasn't scared! Spike was the one freaking out. I had to pull him under the desk 'cause he was running around trying to catch the falling books.” Spike blushed. Twilight looked around the library surveying the damages, books lay strewn across the floor but little else was amiss thankfully.

“Spike, We went over earthquake safety! Why didn't you find cover?”

“Twi, we went over that once! When we first moved into the library, and that was after going over fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, blizzard, meteor impact, chemical spills...” The list went on for another minute, twilight simply stood there with an unamused look on her face. What was wrong with being prepared?

“Okay I get it!” She shrugged causing Spike to chuckle.

“I guess we just have to do drills every month now for that entire list.” Spikes jaw dropped, his teasing backfired on him yet again.

“Twilight.” Rarity turned her attention to her bookish friend. “You really have no idea what that was? And what was all that about you and Rainbow Dash knowing something about it hours ago?”

“Rarity, I had no idea any of this was going to happen. Dash was sent by the weather team early this morning because of the heat disturbance coming out of the Everfree Forest. When she saw what was going on there, she rushed over here.” Twilight went into detail about what they saw. Rarity simply stared in disbelief. “We almost died when we got caught up in the turbulent winds and Dash was badly hurt trying to save me. I had just enough time to use a healing spell before we got caught up in that stampede. Then, well, you saw the rest.”

“We must tell the Princess!” Rarity said with finality. Twilight knew she was right, though she wanted to avoid contacting the princess at first the situation had become too dangerous. She nodded solemnly.

“Spike take a letter.” The dragon was already ready with a quill and parchment. “Dear Princess Celestia.” She began as she trotted to the window, looking out she could see ponies making their way out of they're homes, making sure their neighbors were okay. It was clear who had seen what came out of the forest simply by the looks on their faces. “I regret to inform you that there has been a tragic event. Ponyville is in danger and needs your help. Please respond quickly as the situation is dire. Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle.” Spike rolled up the letter before incinerating it in a burst of green fire.

“Now we wait.” At the moment Twilight had finished her sentence her horn ignited in green light and a scroll shot out of it. She faced her friends as she read it.

“Twilight Sparkle, Gather your friends and meet me in Canterlot as soon as possible. Stay away from the Everfree Forest at all costs! Equestria is in grave danger, It needs the elements of harmony. See you soon, and be careful.”

The room went silent, Twilight looked from the letter to her friends who looked as worried as she must have. Celestia herself seemed in a panic as she wrote this, forgoing any formalities or pleasantries. The only glimmer of hope in the letter was that the princess seemed to have an idea of what was happening.

“We need to meet up with the others, now! Sweet Apple Acres is closest, come on!” She ran out the door.

“Sweetie Belle, I need you to stay here with Spike.” She nodded as her big sister followed Twilight.