• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 5,619 Views, 236 Comments

Applejack's Diary - Techogre



Applejack's diary entries during the events of Memoirs Of A Reality Jumper.

  • ...
18
 236
 5,619

Chap 28

Dear Diary,

I went on my first date last night. I call it my first date because both of us wanted to be there and we both knew it was a date. He took me to the BBQ Pit, just outside of Ponyville. They’ve got the best roasted carrots in town and I know they use Sweet Apple Acres apples in their apple pie. I was a little surprised he took me there. I figured it was just more advice from Alex, but he told me that was him. He said in his queer voice, “I know you are more than capable of doing fancy and elegant,” and I gotta tell ya, that voice makes me laugh, but then he switched to his normal voice, “But I think you like honest food better.”

Then, he went and said something that really got my heart to flutter. “Applejack, you’re real pretty, but I want to get to know the pony behind that face. I want to know that, if this gets serious, it’s you I like, not just your outside. I know what it’s like to be judged by your exterior, and I don’t want to be unfair to you.” When I think about it, I’m sure it’s something Alex would have coached him to say. He may not have come up with it, but I think he really honestly means it.

We talked all night. We talked a little about ourselves, our family businesses, our friends. But, we mostly talked about ourselves and our family. I wanted to give him a fair shake at getting to know me, the real me, and it looks like he was doing the same thing. I felt so darn comfortable around him that I even told him about Ma and Pa. Silly things to do on a first date, but if he likes me, for me, it won’t make any difference to him.

Anyway, it went really well. By the end of the night, it was like we had been friends for years. And, while I pride myself in not judging others by their looks, he’s not hard on the eyes. At the end of the evening, he walked me home to the front gate, and I took a, what did Rarity call them, a romantic opportunity. Yes, I kissed a colt on the first date. Just on the cheek. But, it felt good, knowing he looked at me as something beyond my looks.

I think he’s a keeper and I’m looking forward to what the future brings with us.

Signed,
Full of Hope