• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,016 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,016

Every Soldier Says, "War is a Bitch"

Twilight started to have feeling return to her. She slowly started being able to feel her limbs again.... then came the pain of overexertion and the pain of her injured leg. Dear Celestia, it hurt like HELL!!! She slowly opened her eyes as consciousness returned to her. For a moment, her vision was blurred. She was extremely confused... but as her vision cleared.... the confusion vanished. Patchy, Thorne, and the medic that had tended to her last time were standing above her.

"She's coming too," the medic said as her vision returned.

"Oh thank goodness," Applejack was heard saying. She was probably somewhere in front of the bed, out of Twilight's immediate line of sight.

Twilight put a hoof to her head as she felt the migraine hit her like a tidal wave. "Uuugh.... w-what happened...?"

"You had a major adrenaline spike and overexerted yourself. Not to mention you agitated your old wound. The bone is a little more cracked now. You should count yourself lucky," the medic said, "exertion like that should have killed you."

"We were all worried," Thorne admitted, accompanied by a nod from an agreeing Patchy.

Twilight looked past the foot of the bed to see her five best friends smiling at her and sighing with relief. But.... somepony was missing. She looked around a moment, then it hit her.

"W-where's Gunnar.....?" she asked, afraid of the answer.

Thorne sighed. "Some things can't be replaced Twilight....."

Her heart sank. Tears instantly broke through and started to fall. It couldn't be true. She felt her whole being fill with despair and sorrow as she processed this......

H-he's.... gone....?

HE CAN'T BE GONE, HE JUST CAN'T!

She almost didn't hear the door open. When she looked, she couldn't believe her eyes. There, standing there, battered, but alive, was the stallion she loved. Gunnar was alive.

"Fortunately... some don't have to be," Thorne finished with a smile.

"Hey Twilight," Gunnar said, smiling at her has limped over.

"G-Gunnar....? I-Is it really you...?"

"In the flesh," the stallion chuckled.

Her tears went from ones of sorrow and pain, to ones of confusion, but no small amount of joy. She grabbed him and pulled him into a close hug, letting the tears flow. She let out all her cooped up negative emotions and found unbelievable comfort in his embrace when he wrapped his forelegs around her, hugging back.

"It's okay Twilight. I'm here. Just let it all out."

Twilight continued sobbing into his chest, never wanting to let go of him ever again.

"Well wouldya look at that," Applejack stated gently to the others, a smile and tears of joy in her eyes as well.

The Spartans of Fireteam Majestic couldn't hide their smiles either, even if they wanted too.

Pinkie's response to the moment was.... well.... typical loud crying with waterfall of tears then.... "HEY, You know what this calls for!?"

"Horseapples, here it comes," Dash said with a grin and a roll of her eyes.

"A PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" Pinkie answered for them with an ecstatically loud voice and high jump.

Gunnar and Twilight could only look at her and laugh along with everyone and everypony else in the room.

"Heh, you sure that's a good idea in their current condition Pinks?" Madsen asked with a chuckle.

"Eh, you're right. We'll let 'em rest first. You know how it is right?" the bubbly pink mare started sayin, "Besides, what was it you said Hoya?"

"War is a bitch" the Spartan answered with a smirk.

"Yeah that," she let out a goofy giggle and snort.

"All the more reason to let them rest," Thorne said, agreeing with what Pinkie was getting at.

The others nodded their agreement, even Patchy did with a small whistle.

Twilight leaned into Gunnar's embrace, nuzzling into his neck and smiling, happy that they were both alive and that their friends were at their side.

===========================================================
Shadow of Remorse, Bridge, outer edge of the system.

Tanar punched the bulkhead, denting it harshly as he let out an enraged and pained roar.

Word had reached him that the infiltration and assassination had failed at the hands... or hooves... of his very targets. On top of that, his loyal son was dead.

A lust for vengeance overtook him and his eyes gleamed with a new malice towards his foes.... this was now personal........

Author's Note:

Ohhhhhh fahk.... O_O
Watch out mares and germs, Tanar is pissed, and hes ready and rarin' for one hell of a fight.

Grif: OOOHOHO GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA' DIIIIIIIIIIE!!!

GRIF, CALM DOWN! You're not in this story, you're not gonna die!

Grif: oh..... phew....

*sigh* what an idiot....