• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,015 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,015

Eerie and Dark With a Touch of Uncertainty

San Palomino Desert, Equestria; Phoenix Dropship Crash Site.

Night had fallen over the desert again as Gunnar and Twilight watched and waited. On occasion, the radio would unleash words through the static as UNSC and Equestrian forces communicated over long distances. For hours they waited, becoming more weary with each uneasy second as they both watched through the night. Gunnar would sometimes try to get in contact with the outside world through the radio, but all he ever got in response was static. The transmitter was likely damaged in the crash and now inoperable. The stallion eventually turned the radio down so that they could have some semblance of peace. It didn't do much to help the mood.

Ears twitched whenever the two heard unfamiliar noises in the distance. Inhuman and unponylike electronic screeching in the distance, strange computerized chattering sounds, and even the occasional glimpse of the gleaming chrome silver of Promethean armor in the distance had them constantly on edge. They were toying with the two ponies, using their nerves like trinkets used to entertain kids, or so the two in the crashed transport would sometimes think whenever they forgot that they were dealing with machines..... highly intelligent and extremely deadly machines at that.

Eventually, one of them decided to break the silence.

"D-do you think we'll ever get out of here....?" Twilight couldn't help asking.

"Look we either get rescued or we leave this crash site. I'm not gonna stick around to wait for some freak robot to turn us into gory puddles. We're gonna get out of here.... one way or another," Gunnar replied, trying to sound confident. He was failing though. Not only did he sound tired, but he sounded nervous and on edge. The Covies' new friends seemed to favor scare tactics right now and it was really starting to get under his skin. Twilight saw the fear in his eyes. She knew that the stallion recognized all too well just how dangerous the Prometheans were. The texts and footage UNSC personnel, mainly Fireteam Majestic, had shown them were already enough to unnerve the both of them. This was downright traumatizing and they weren't even under attack yet.

Gunnar had the fortunate and uncanny ability to maintain his composure though, remaining alert and staying prepared. He had experienced years of training and had alot of experience when it came to the theaters of war. Twilight on the other hand.... she was starting to lose her cool and visibly becoming more fearful and unnerved by the second. She had only had about two months of training and a single op worth of combat experience to show for it, an op that nearly cost her life.

A few minutes later, the poor mare started really losing it. Tears started streaming.

"Gunnar, I... I can't take it anymore. I can't do this..... what if they get in here.... what if they get us?" she said through sobs.

Gunnar was quick to respond when he saw the genuine fear in her eyes jump to an exponentially higher level of intensity. He came over and wrapped his forelegs around her, gently shushing and whispering to her. "Hey don't worry. We'll get out of this. Just hang in there Twilight. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

"B-but.... what about you?" she asked between sobs, "I don't want to lose you Gunnar. We've had too many close calls now... how much longer before our luck runs out?"

"Don't you worry yourself about that. Thinking like that never got anypony anywhere good. It certainly won't help you now. You need to be strong Twilight, if not for yourself then for me. I need you to keep a level head so we can both get out of this alive. I just need to think of a way to get us out of this."

"It's.... easier said than done but... o-okay... I'll try."

"That's all I can ask of you Twilight. I know this is hard for you. We'll get out of here alive... somehow."

She felt somewhat comforted by his words, but the fear of her death and the death of her loved one, still haunted her mind. While they were both wearing their armor they had yet to put on their helmets so Twilight was able to find comfort in the feeling of his mane and coat against her cheek when she nuzzled into his neck. Gunnar held her close, continuing to comfort her, even as he turned his head towards the viewport to see the familiar energy anomaly of a teleporting Promethean Knight vanishing right in front of the crashed dropship, just meters from the nose. He resolved that he would do WHATEVER IT TAKES to protect the mare he loved from those demon machines and get her the buck outta that desert.

=============================================================

Equestria, just leaving Ghastly Gorge Airspace, Majestic Team's Rescue Pelican.

"Alright folks, we're ten mikes from the objective site at our current velocity. Check weapons and gear and be ready for dropoff!" the co-pilot called back as the pilot engaged weapons systems in case they were needed during their time in the AO, including the ten minutes left to reach the drop zone.

It proved to be useless in the long run, cause as soon as DeMarco looked out through the cockpit canopy to get a general idea of where they were, he nearly panicked when he saw three familiar beams of bright orange energy from what unmistakably were Z-510 Directed Energy Focus Turrets.

"SHIT!!! EVERYONE GET DOWN!!!" the Spartan yelled.

Soon as everybody and everypony hit the deck and a mere second had passed, the Pelican lurched left as the combined energy of three turrets blasted the port side wing and engines clean off.

"MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY, THIS IS FOXTROT TWO-NINER, WE TOOK A MAJOR HIT FROM CONFIRMED FORERUNNER ENERGY WEAPONS!!! WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!" the pilot yelled into the radios. Two seconds later, there was a loud boom and the screeching and groaning of stressed metal as the bird hit dirt UPSIDE DOWN. AJ and Dash wound up being thrown into what used to be the roof of the troop bay and blacked out. Madsen was just as unlucky as the two ponies. Then the forward momentum stopped, and the Pelican fell motionless.

Author's Note:

SHIT! Now the Prometheans really mean business now. Will Majestic, AJ, and Dash recover from that? Will they complete their objective and reach Gunnar and Twilight in time? Stay tuned to find out.

Pinkie: OOOOOOHHHH THIS IS SOOO EXCITING!!! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

You sure that isn't the Promethean Crawler on your back?

Pinkie: Huh? *looks at the crawler* Oh hello there. *Bucks it off and kicks it in the face, defeating it.*

O_O HOT DAMN PINKIE HOW THE HELL...!?

Pinkie: what?

Um... n-nevermind...