• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,015 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,015

Hidden Tensions and Emotions

Human Calendar 2558, orbit above unidentified planet, Covenant Carrier Shadow of Remorse

Tanar R'aagamee let out a ferocious roar as he punched the wall of the bridge, leaving a dent, before turning to the subordinates that had returned unsuccessful.

"I told you to prevent the humans from meeting the local population. I told you to ensure they were isolated so we could destroy them. I told you to do the job or never return," Tanar growled, "SO WHY ARE YOU HERE AND THE JOB IS NOT DONE!"

"Communications were being interfered with, and we needed to get the news to you. The locals have some advanced tech of their own. A 'pony' quickly dispatched two of our most formidable brothers with almost no human assistance. He wore strange armor and carried unusual energy based weaponry," the Zealot explained to his superior.

Tanar calmed himself, suddenly pleased with the intel.

"Hmmm, I supposed I should commend you then. This news brings a new and formidable opponent to light and provides me with needed intelligence. Perhaps you are not a failure after all Ragas my son," he commended the Zealot.

"I would not have returned with anything less father," Ragas bowed respectfully.

"I suspected you wouldn't. You are proving more and more to be worthy of service under the Didact's Hand," Tanar mused, "Jul will be most pleased."

"Thank you father. If I may, I wish to return to the surface to exact my revenge on this demon pony," Ragas stated, requesting his next mission.

"In due time my son, in due time. For now, we shall watch, wait, and listen," Tanar stated rather deviously, "Watch for weaknesses, study our foes, and then strike when we are certain they have no way to counter us. For the glory of the Didact, for the glory of the gods!"

The bridge erupted in roars and cheers of approval. Tanar let the equivalent of a satisfied and devious grin cross his features.

===================================================================================

Ponyville, Equestria

It had been two days since first contact with the Humans, two days since they had survived a first encounter with a genocidal alien species.... two days since he had saved her life. Twilight was bustling about in library, organizing the books while her mind wandered. Twilight had sent a letter to Celestia, detailing their first encounter to the letter, the genocidal Sangheili, the galactic protectors known as the UNSC, the meeting with Captain Lasky, Commander Palmer, and Spartan Fireteam Majestic, and even the details about how the Spartans first came into being which apparently wasn't top secret anymore since it appeared to be common knowledge amongst humans.

She had finished her work and yet her mind was still racing. She still wondered about the Humans, the Covenant, how her friends were taking these new developments... and back to the stallion that had saved her from certain death. She decided to go talk to him and thank him just then... it felt right, she wanted his friendship after what he did for her and her friends. He opened the way for a peaceful diplomatic relationship between humans and ponykind, and protected her and her friends at the risk of his own life.

"Spike, I'm going out," she suddenly said, "Could you watch the library while I'm gone?"

"You can count on me Twilight," Spike saluted and smiled before the mare left.

She arrived at the front door of Gunnar's workshop a few minutes later and knocked, no answer. She knocked again, still no answer. Then she picked up on noises from the nearby garage where Gunnar had pulled out his Phoenix Dropship. He must be fixing it. She went up to the garage and knocked on the door. She heard the clattering of a metal tool dropping and hoofsteps approaching, then Gunnar opened the garage door.

"Oh, hello there Twilight. What brings you here?" Gunnar tilted his head curiously as he asked this.

"I um...." she started nervously, but why was she so nervous, this should be easy to say thank you, "I uh... wanted to thank you... for protecting me and my friends two days ago. I-If you hadn't intervened... I probably would be..." She trailed off, not wanting to say the last word.

"You don't have to thank me," Gunnar said, "It was my duty and honor to assist and protect." The serious expression appeared on his face, but there was that flicker of sadness again from when she first met him.

"I.... still feel I should thank you. You did us a huge favor with that... I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you," Twilight started again, "I hope I can call you a friend."

Gunnar smiled at that, feelings overwhelming him that he hadn't felt in a long time. Not since he had met his brother in bond, Oakleaf, and that ranger stallion's marefriend, Mystic. Twilight picked up on his smile and smiled back, but then felt a strange sense of sorrow when Gunnar suddenly frowned sadly and looked at the ground. Memories of the friend, the brother he never had, that had moved away to start a new life with Mystic. He almost never saw them anymore he was too busy.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked him, concerned for the soldier stallion.

"It's just... I'm happy to call you a friend Twilight...," he started explaining, "It brought back memories of somepony I miss, somepony I call a brother.... I... almost never see him anymore.... I miss him...." The stallion sat down and a tear of regret fell from his eyes.

Twilight felt a sudden and unexpected emotion that shook her very soul. Too see this stallion that had saved her life and seemed so strong, suddenly start to break down broke her heart. He was a soldier... but he was still a pony like her.

"Thank you for coming though.... I'm glad to have a friend I can talk to again...," Gunnar said to her, the now misty eyed stallion giving her a weak smile.

That sad smile did her in. She couldn't take it. A soldier, not able to see his brother anymore because of his profession forcing their separation? It was ludicrous. Gunnar had a permanent station here in Ponyville that prevented him from leaving the city without an assignment or shore leave. It had become painfully obvious how rare the shore leaves were. She embraced him in a tight hug, trying to comfort him. He was caught of guard by that.

"W-wha....?" Gunnar started.

"You aren't alone anymore Gunnar. You at least have my friendship now," Twilight said gently, trying to calm and comfort the sad soldier as she let him go and smiled at him, "Come on, I know of a way to cheer you up. Your station doesn't prevent you from enjoying the town right?"

He shook his head and said, "No I can explore the town and experience a few luxuries. My superiors deemed it fit to allow that much."

"Then come on," Twilight said with a smile, obviously determined to help him feel better, "We're going to Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie always has a treat available that could cheer you right up."

The stallion nodded and walked alongside her as they started for Sugarcube Corner, making sure to close the garage before they left.

"Thank you Twilight," He smiled at her as they walked, "This means alot to me."

"You don't need to thank me Gunnar," she smiled back, "That's what friends are for."

They continue towards Sugarcube Corner, smiles on their faces, and feeling happy about the new-found friendship.

Author's Note:

AWWWWWWWWWWWW this is so cool ^w^ If you don't appreciate the emotional values of stories, please see a psychiatrist XD But wow that was pretty awesome. The soldier, saddened by his past, still finds hope and friendship once more. Get ready folks, things are gonna get even more interesting.

Pinkie: OH OH OH, is there gonna be a party coming up?

*chuckles* yes Pinkie, there could be a party somewhere in the mix. It wouldn't be complete without one now that i think of it.

Pinkie: OH YAAAAAAY, oh I'm so excited, there will be cake and balloons and presents and.... *rambles on*

*shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and chuckles* good ol' Pinkie Pie.