• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,015 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,015

Rude Awakening

Ponyville, Equestria

Spike and Twilight had tended to the crashed stallion and put him in the spare bed, where they were now discussing the new development with an Orange coated mare with blonde mane, three apples as a cutiemark, and a southern accent.

"You think he'll be okay?" Spike asked.

Twilight let out a sigh as she answered "I hope so...."

The orange mare eyed the stallion warily however, especially eyeballing his Cutiemark: a hammer and anvil with a strange device in the middle that looked like an overly developed version of one of Pinkie Pie's cannons.... and it definitely wasn't a Party Cannon on his flank.

"Something wrong?" Twilight asked her friend

"Somethin' just don't sit with me right about this here fellow Twilight...." the orange mare responded.

"Applejack, what did you expect us to do? Toss an injured and defenseless stallion onto the street?" Twilight laughs, "It's like you don't know me at all"

"You know that's not what ah meant sugarcube," the mare known as Applejack responded, "And I aint laughin neither. Do you know who this stallion is?"

"What do you mean?" The unicorn queried.

"This feller is the newcomer that came in eight months ago. He scare's everypony who goes near his garage with those wacky noises comin from inside his home on the northern edge of town," Applejack speculated.

"Okay we aren't gonna have a repeat of that misjudgement incident when we first spoke with Zecora now are we?" Twilight gave the farm mare a scolding look.

Applejack took a moment to look at the newcomer, then back at Twilight. She answered with a hint of guilt, "No, ah s'ppose not," She regained her composure, "But that don't mean he don't give me the willies.... somethin' don't feel right. If he gives you trouble, call us."

Twilight smiled and hugged her friend, "You know I will."

With another shared smile, Applejack took her leave, heading back to her home, and incidentally, her workplace too, since she worked the apple farm known as Sweet Apple Acres.

Twilight turned back to her mysterious guest and put an icepack just below his unicorn horn. Only now did she take a moment to check over his features. His black mane was short and unkempt, and tail was normal length but just as unkempt. He had an army green coat of fur, and a cutiemark of a hammer and anvil with an odd contraption between the two... a contraption she could only assume to be a new kind of weapon based on logic and appearance of the object. While that made her slightly uneasy, what happened next did even more so.

Spike belched out green flames and a letter. He turned to his caretaker, "Uh Twilight.... the Princess sent us a letter."

=================================================================================

2558, unknown space, UNSC Infinity

"Sir, that second jump knocked out our FTL drive you know. We're stranded till we get it up and running," the LT reported.

Lasky sighed and looked out the viewport at the seemingly habitable world below them. "Roland, can i get a reading on that planet?" he asked the ship's AI.

"Scan's reveal its atmosphere to be identical to that of Earth, almost frighteningly so. However, I am picking up some odd readings down there, despite not detecting any technology of any kind, not even Forerunner," the AI responded as his hologram flickered to life on the holodisplay in the center of the bridge.

"What about settlements?" a woman in full body armor said as she strode onto the bridge.

"There are a few on the surface Commander Palmer, but i can't get a clear reading. It's as if we.............." Roland was saying before he was cut off by another reading, "COVENANT BATTLEGROUP EXITING SLIPSPACE RIGHT BEHIND US!!!"

"HOW MANY!?" Lasky ordered.

"TOO MANY!!!" Roland yelled out, "We could take out most of em but odds of success are slim at best!"

"This is Lasky to all crew, this is not a drill! Covenant battlefleet spotted directly to stern! All hands, man your battle stations! Deploy the frigates!" Lasky barked out orders like it was no tomorrow.... and it was likely there wouldn't be with these odds.

The ship shuddered for a few moments before several Strident-class UNSC Frigates came into view, deployed from Infinity's frigate docks. One took a major hit from a Covie supercarrier and was gone in an instant.

"This day just keep getting better and better," Palmer mused.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoyed a little taste of action and warfare. That's just a mere fraction of what's to come. Hooooooey, the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses are in for one heck of a surprise. Stay tuned for more action :D