• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,016 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,016

Dark Reawakening

Ponyville, Equestria; Twilight's Library, Two months post military op.

Gunnar screamed out again as the dreams returned, more vivid and dark than ever. He experienced his death and the death of the mare he loved again and again and again. Covenant were always the culprits, weather they glassed them with an excavation beam, annihilated them with fuel rods and plasma grenades, shot them up with needlers and plasma rifles, or impaled them with energy swords. It was the same outcome each time. His heart and resolve became more shattered with each image. Fear overtook him.... suddenly he saw Twilight yelling at him

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP GUNNAR!" She yelled.

His eyes shot open and he saw the roof of Twilight's guest room above him. He looked around and saw the mare he loved sitting there, tears and worry in her eyes.

"Thank Celestia you're awake.... y-you wouldn't stop screaming...." She sobbed.

The stallion frowned at the sight of her tears and sorrow.... the pain HE was causing her.... He grabbed her and pulled her into a close hug.

"I'm sorry Twilight.... I'm so sorry," he started sobbing too, "I'm sorry I keep scaring you... I know I'm no where near perfect.... you deserve better."

"No... you're perfect to me.... I just hate seeing you suffer. It breaks my heart...." she sniffled as she admitted.

"Twilight... I..." He couldn't find words to respond... he just wanted her to be comforted, to see her smile again. He just continued to hold her, crying with her... wishing this conflict would finally end.

Eventually the fell asleep in each others' embrace, the tears ran dry and they were tired. They found solace and comfort in each others' presence and slept in peace. No more nightmares haunted either of them that night.

============================================================================
Next Morning

Gunnar slowly woke up to find Twilight sleeping in the bed with him, nuzzling into his neck, slumbering peacefully. He blushed at first, but then remembered why the fell asleep, why they were so tired. All that crying and worrying and emotional suffering had exhausted them. He smiled at the now peacefully sleeping mare, glad to see she wasn't suffering the whole time. He looked back to how she had asked for training along with AJ and Dash, from the military commanders at the base. The news of that reaching him from their mouths to his ears once he woke up had frightened him, made him worry... but somehow gave him a semblance of hope.

Everypony was starting to step up to fight of this terrible threat that was the Covenant. News reached Equestria that Covenant ships had been spotted above the Gryphon Kingdom, Saddle Arabia, and several other distant locations. They would need all the help they could get to fight off those splitjaw aliens. The fact that Twilight and her friends had been assigned to him once their flash training was complete made him feel better too. He was able to pitch in to protect them. The short two months of training had been rigorous. The methods used were meant mainly for ODST's and Spartans. It nearly broke them a few times too. But they pressed on, cause they knew they had to fight. They knew what was at stake, and they would pitch in to the best of their abilities.

Twilight stirred in her sleep as sunlight crept through the windows and landed on her face. She opened her eyes to see Gunnar smiling at her. She blushed a bit... but then she remembered why they had simply fallen asleep there, how tired they were after letting all their pained tears out. She frowned for a moment but when she did, Gunnar nuzzled her cheek and had her smiling softly again. They didn't need to say anything. They both know that no matter what, they still had each other. She wasn't about to let the Covenant rip that away.

===============================================================

Canterlot, Equestria; Canterlot Palace, Celestia's Room

Once again, Celestia was speaking with Captain Lasky through the holo comm. He had good news and bad news for her.

"Lasky, it's good to see you again," She said when he appeared.

"I'm sorry Princess but this isn't for a leisurely chat today. I have some good news, and then some grim news," He explained.

"Very well, please tell me."

"The good news is that we managed to contact our superiors back home two weeks ago. The UNSC has deemed fit to send us reinforcements, which are on the way now and will arrive next week."

"You did this without informing me first... but the sound of reinforcements is welcoming. You knew i would like the sound of that didn't you?"

"Hah, guess I know you too well now," the Captain joked.

"What about the bad news?"

"We detected a large Covenant battle group, or rather, a UNSC patrol a few lightyears away did. The force consisted of fifty ships including several CCS Battlecruisers and a Supercarrier. Based on what we know about the speed of Covenant ships in Slipspace, we estimate that they'll arrive only hours after our reinforcements get into position. The odds look bad too. I sent word since they outnumber us by thirty ships, but further reinforcements will not be able to get here until AFTER the Covies get here. Fortunately, they're close enough that we can hold the line and catch the enemy off guard on a second front."

"So.... we could win the battle... or we could lose and the reinforcements would find...."

"Your planet being glassed."

Celestia's heart sank and she shuddered, not for fear of her life, but fear for those of her sister and her subjects.

"Hang on I got some news," Lasky said before he turned away to talk to someone not being displayed on the holoprojector. "Thank you Roland." He turned back to Celestia with a huge grin on his face.

"What are you smiling about?" Celestia was surprised now.

"The Infinity will be in working order within the hour. Expect to see our ship lifting off above the Frozen North soon."

This replaced the fear with hope again. She had seen the footage, she knew how powerful Infinity was. To crash through a CCS Battlecruiser and destroy it without getting a scratch was an amazing feat. She smirked with satisfaction, knowing the Covenant were gonna get it.

"There's a catch ma'am."

That got her attention.

"We don't have life support right now, so we can't leave the atmosphere. The Covies don't know that right now though so if they see our ship flying around in atmosphere, they may think twice about attacking and hold back. We can't be certain of that though. These hingeheads are often fanatical. The only exception to that expectation in their race is house Vadamee and the other supporting houses of the Sangheili. They're publicly known as allies to the UNSC, as I'm sure i told you before."

"Would it be possible to call them and request assistance?"

"We could give 'em a call but.... I'm not expecting reinforcements from them since they're still rebuilding. Still, it's worth a shot. I'll see what I can do. Sangheilios is rather close so if they heed our call, we could bolster our numbers before the enemy gets here."

"See that it gets done then please, the more strength we have, the better."

"I'll get to it right away." He bowed respectfully and saluted her, which was becoming his custom farewell for her whenever a call or conversation of this nature ended between them.

She sighed, hoping Twilight was okay, Gunnar too, and her friends.... but she knew Majestic would watch over them. They had proven to be extremely loyal to humanity's new allies time and again in the past two and a half months. She hoped they could hold out. For the sake of the humans (and possibly friendly elites) that would be coming to protect them, and for the sake of her subjects.

Author's Note:

Emotional strife, uncertain odds, dark atmosphere. Oh yeah, this is gonna get interesting. Buckle up for one hell of a ride folks.

Pinkie: OH A RIDE!?

I was metaphorically speaking Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie: awwwwwww....

Don't worry, I'll take you and the others to an amusement park or fair afterward.

Pinkie: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

*he laughs*