• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,016 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,016

Newfound Love and a Newfound Power

Not ten minutes ago, Twilight experienced something she thought she never would. She felt the wonderful emotions hit her like a tidal wave. She felt more alive than ever before. Ten minutes ago, she felt her world change forever in an amazing way. That one kiss, that one moment between her and the one she loved, made her feel a strength she could not comprehend. And it continued to invigorate her even as she finished replacing the cast for Gunnar's broken leg.

He smiled at her, not needing to say anything. His expression said it all. Gunnar loved her, nothing would change that.

She hugged him, holding him close, nuzzling into his neck. She never wanted to let go.

Their attention was drawn when a bright flash of white light overpowered everything downstairs and the light shined through the door. Then they heard the voice of Spike speaking before another familiar and regal voice replied. Only one alicorn had a voice like that: Celestia.

Twilight helped Gunnar stand up and keep pressure off his broken leg. They went downstairs together to see not only Celestia, but Luna as well downstairs.

"Hello my beloved student," Celestia said with a smile and an almost motherly giggle.

"Celestia? Luna? Wha... What brings you here?" Twilight asked curiously.

"I figured you knew," Luna said with a giggle of her own.

"Huh?" both Twilight and Gunnar wondered out loud.

"It would seem your Element of Harmony gave your feelings away," Celestia said with a knowing smile on her face.

"Your tiara let out a huge flash of energy while you were up there," Spike added.

"My sister and I felt the magical forces from Canterlot," Luna said.

Twilight gently sat Gunnar down on the steps before opening the Element case. When she did, she saw the crystal star of her tiara glowing with a new power she had never seen before.

"It would seem something supplemented its power," Celestia said before looking to Gunnar.

"Wait, are you implying I did that?" the soldier stallion asked, bewildered.

"If so, it appears there were unforeseen benefits of having my student watch over you," the Princess of the Sun stated.

"How?" both Gunnar and Twilight asked at the same time.

"It powered your brother and your sister-in-law's ability to end a Changeling assault," Luna said with another giggle.

Twilight and Gunnar both blushed when they realized what she was saying.

Spike laughed, "WOW, IT IS TRUE!!!"

The two only blushed brighter.

"We know you love each other at this point, and it would seem that those feelings are very real. Your Element has grown more powerful as a result Twilight Sparkle," Celestia said.

"Whoa...." Gunnar said, now bewildered. But then he looked at Twilight after a moment of pondering, and he gave her a warm smile. She saw this and smiled back at him.

Celestia saw this exchange and it only confirmed her rather joyful suspicions. Things were only gonna get better after this and she knew it.... as long as they managed to repel the threat of the Covenant of course.

================================================================

five hours later

"Sugarcube, what's this about? What are the Princesses here for?" Applejack asked her purple friend Twilight.

All her friends and Fireteam Majestic were gathered in the Library now. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Gunnar, and Spike stood next to the chest containing the Elements.

"You should tell them," Celestia said to Gunnar and Twilight, "It's yours to tell." She smiled and and gave a nod of encouragement to the two. Luna did the same.

Twilight sighed nervously, blushing intensely, just as much as Gunnar was.

Rainbow and Fluttershy smiled, immediately knowing they were right about those two.

"Um... well... I guess i should show you first..." Twilight said, and she slowly and reluctantly pulled her tiara out of the element chest to show them what it was doing. The girls all gasped in wonderment and amazement. Fireteam Majestic watched and listened curiously.

"Whoa, what happened?" Dash asked out loud, wondering what she was seeing.

"The Elements of Harmony are more powerful now," Twilight said simply.

"How?" Rarity asked.

"Well... Gunnar and I are... well... we...," she was reluctant to say it, but sighed and strengthened her resolve, needing to be honest and upfront with her friends. "I love him," she said simply as she looked back at them.

"HAHAAAA, YES, I KNEW IT!!!!" Dash yelled out.

"I kinda knew too," Fluttershy giggled.

"How?" Gunnar and Twilight asked in sync YET AGAIN!

"The signs were there. Despite how short a time it had been, I was certain this was the case when i looked out the door of Sugarcube Corner at you two... you know... a few minutes before that.... THING... attacked us," Rainbow said, "Fluttershy here was the one who pointed it out to me."

Fluttershy simply nodded to confirm this.

"It was... that obvious huh?" Twilight asked, blushing intensely and smiling kinda sheepishly. Gunnar was just blushing and looking at the ground, avoiding anypony's gaze.

"You weren't exactly all ninja pony about it you two," Dash giggled. This earned some chuckles from the members of Majestic.

"I, for one, am happy for you two," Thorne said, being the first of his spartan team to speak up.

"Who wouldn't be?" Tedra Grant chuckled.

Twilight couldn't help but smile, although her blush intensified. She also noticed Gunnar smiling too.

"You know, i have to wonder... could this somehow be a sign that we're gonna be a major part in stopping those ugly aliens called the Covenant?" Dash pondered out loud, surprising everyone being that she was the one who theorized it out loud first. "What?" she asked when she saw they were all looking at her in total shock and surprise save Majestic and the Princesses.

"She is right," Luna spoke up, "This could be a potential sign of your future involvement in the interstellar conflict that has reached our shores."

"Which is why i must add urgency to your current orders Majestic," Celestia added.

The five Spartans nodded an affirmative to her and said, "Yes Ma'am," in unison.

"What are their orders exactly?" Twilight asked the Princesses out of curiosity.

"To protect the Elements of Harmony and their bearers at all costs," Celestia said with a more serious tone.

"If there's one thing I know about those Covie bastards," Hoya said, "It's that they are some mean and smart motherfuckers. They will likely learn about you and come looking for a fight."

The ponies all looked at each other with concern.

"Listen, if by chance that this magic stuff is real and their love for each other adds to the power of these Elements," DeMarco said as he gestured to Twilight and Gunnar, "Those Covies are gonna find out, and soon. We need to be ready. I'm calling in support from the Infinity." With that he went outside to use his coms and call in some vehicles and support.

Thorne stepped forward and knelt before the two ponies in love. "Not only am I happy for you two, but I'm going to provide whatever protection I can to you," he promised them before standing up to address Princess Celestia. "Ma'am, i respectfully request that I be specifically assigned to protect these two," he stated, making his request crystal clear.

"Then that is your assignment Spartan Gabriel Thorne," Celestia said with a smile and a respectful nod, "I'll be sure to inform your superiors of this noble act."

"Thank you ma'am. Although it isn't necessary, I am grateful for it all the same."

"I appreciate that," Celestia said with a warm smile before addressing everypony just as DeMarco returned. "I'm afraid my sister and I must take our leave now. Ensure each other's safety, trust one another, and hold on to hope. Farewell for now my little ponies. Farewell for now Fireteam Majestic." With a brilliant flash of light, she and Luna were gone.

"Weeeelllll, I'd throw a party for you and Twilight but.....," Pinkie pointed to Gunnar's broken leg after she started talking, "Not sure you'd want to with that."

"I'm okay with it," Gunnar said with a smile, "Just won't be doing any fast dancing." He blushed and chuckled.

"What about a slow dance?" Twilight asked him, blushing again, causing him to blush as well, but he smiled at her all the same.

"Yeah, I'd like that," he said before nuzzling her cheek.

"Heh heh, well would ya look at that. Ahm proud of you Twilight, and mighty happy for the both of you," Applejack said with a sincere expression of pride and joy overtaking her features. The other ponies and the Spartans all nodded in agreement, indicating that AJ spoke for all of them. Even Spike hugged Twilight and expressed his happiness for them.

Rainbow looked at the chest containing the Elements. "You think we could be able to stop this conflict with that power you two created?" she asked.

Twilight and Gunnar looked at each other before nodding an affirmative to the question.

"I hope you're right. I'm not able to practice for joining the Wonderbolts as much with all this 'restricted airspace' stuff going on."

This caused some chuckling from everyone and everypony in the room.

Author's Note:

This is turning out to get more and more interesting. I'm seriously enjoying writing this :)
I hope everypony is ready cause after the next chapter..... THE REAL WAR BEGINS!

Rainbow Dash: Bring it on! I wanna kick some alien flank!

Easy there Rainbow. You still got a party to attend.

Rainbow Dash: Right, hehe, sorry.

*rolls his eyes and chuckles*