• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 4,015 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 4,015

Frightening First Meetings

Ponyville, Equestria

Twilight read the letter from her teacher, Princess Celestia, one more time. 'My beloved student Twilight Sparkle, It has come to my attention that you are attending to a particular stallion in your library after an unfortunate accident brought him from his residence to you. He is a military stallion from a secluded Equestrian Military force I had put together a few years back. He volunteered for an experimental training program petitioned by the generals of this group as a young colt. I reluctantly gave them permission as long as they only found willing volunteers. This stallion in your home is the only soldier of his kind. I should warn you. He may be around your age, but his combat skill and talents currently outweigh your magical strength and abilities due to his upbringing. He is protective of the innocent, but if he is in the state you say hes in, try not to jar him awake. Do not let fear hinder you though, for his heart is pure and he will protect his home with his life. I am entrusting you to watch over him, and guide him on the right path. Show him this letter if you deem it necessary. Take care my beloved student, I know you can do it. Yours truly, Princess Celestia.'

As she finished reading and turned around, she nearly jumped out of her coat when she saw the stallion awake and staring at her with his crimson colored eyes. A cautious expression played over his face, not sure if he should trust this mare.

"Uh... hehe..." Twilight blushed a bit, kinda embarrassed that she let herself get frightened like that. "Uh, hello. My name is Twilight Sparkle. I'm Princess Celestia's student and the caretaker of this library," she greeted.

"Right...." The stallion said as he continued to stare at her with those calculating eyes. He was definitely intelligent, and now his strong build and muscles were pretty obvious. Yet somewhere in those cold and calculating eyes, she detected a hint of sadness and regret.

"Uh....." she sounded somewhat uncertain as she handed him the letter. He looked over it, quickly identifying a legitimate royal seal when he was done.

"So you want to know my name now?" He looked back up at her, no longer cautious, but curious.

Twilight nodded.

"Gunnarmain Steelhoof, but you may call me Gunnar," He said, still sounding somewhat cold and emotionless. He looked around curiously from his place on the guest room bed.

"Are you hungry Gunnar?" Twilight asked him, "I could make you a midnight snack or something."

"No I'm... I'm fine. I'd just like to stay with my thoughts for a while..." He said, the sadness in his eyes a little more obvious as he looked away.

"Okay, just call if you need us... we did the best we could but that fractured leg will take a while to heal. Try not to move around too much okay?" she informed.

"I've dealt with worse.... but I'll.... keep that in mind.... thanks...." he said, still seeming distant and unsocial.

Twilight nods and trots downstairs, gently closing the door behind her.

"He awake yet?" Spike asked.

"Yeah." came the reply.

"What did he say?" the dragon queried.

"Not much." she sighed sadly as she sat at the table.

The baby dragon sat next to her. "Something wrong?" he asked, worried now about his friend and caretaker.

"His eyes....." she trialed off.

"What's wrong with 'em?" the now curious dragon asked her.

"They seemed.... sad.... almost broken.... I feel like I should help him but.... I dont know how right now." She replied.

"Twilight, you do realize that you're the Element of Magic right? The key element in the Elements of Harmony. You of all ponies could help him by being there as a friend. Earn his trust, and don't betray it." the dragon consoled her, with surprisingly wise words.

Twilight couldn't help but chuckle. "Okay, oh wise one," she giggled, "I'll be upstairs if you need me, I'm going back to the balcony to watch the stars." She got up and went upstairs to do so.

"Have fun with that egghead," Spike joked.

"Ha ha, very funny," she mused as she trotted upstairs, rolling her eyes and giggling again. She looked into the telescope again and searched the stars. She watched for a few minutes before noticing an odd moving cluster of stars up there. "huh?" She recoiled from the telescope, then looked again, trying to confirm what she was seeing. It was no hallucination. Something was going on up there, and she was pretty sure there was no book in Equestria that spoke of stars moving like that... almost like they were.... fighting.

===========================================================================================

2558, unknown planetary orbit, UNSC Infinity.

"SIR, ALL FRIGATES ARE DOWN! WE'RE WITHOUT ESCORTS!" one officer piped.

"SHIELDS GONE, ENGINES FAILING!" another officer yelled out.

"DOCTOR GLASSMAN!" Lasky yelled into the com.

In the engine room, where the only Forerunner part of the ship linked to every other component, a scientist in a lab coat and a team of engineers bustled about, trying to keep things intact. "Sorry Captain!" the scientist known as Doctor Glassman piped, "That's the best i can do! Weapons are failing and the best we can manage is a controlled decent. Only decent side is that there are only three hingehead cruisers left instead of the hundreds that came at us!"

"ALL HANDS, BRACE FOR IMPACT, WE'RE GOING DOWN!" Lasky yelled out.

=================================================================================

Ponyville, Equestria

Twilight observed as each of the moving stars blinked out of existence one by one until there were only four left, three started moving away, but the fourth, started to get larger. Twilight watched in amazement as it came closer. The flames of atmospheric breach enveloped the object, but as she stared, she grew wide-eyed. It was no star, it was a structure. It curved upwards and flew over Ponyville, moving beyond, passing high above Canterlot and Cloudsdale. There was only one possible location it could be crashing: The Frozen North. Judging by it's trajectory, it was gonna be winding up virtually close to the Crystal Empire. She quickly resolved that it was time to pay the Crystal Empire a visit, and ran downstairs and out the door, intent on gathering her friends.