• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 3,991 Views, 119 Comments

Clash of Worlds - Gunner59524



Lets just say a certain mare meets an interesting military pony from a secluded Equestrian Military force, the UNSC Infinity arrives. All hell breaks loose in this new and WILD adventure.

  • ...
11
 119
 3,991

Recovery State

Twilight galloped up as the Falcons landed and DeMarco stepped down. Paramedics were quick to put Gunnar and Thorne on stretchers. The Spartan was awake but Gunnar was still out cold. He was alive though, and breathing thanks to Thorne's actions to save and treat Gunnar.

"Hey Twilight," Thorne said a bit weakly when she trotted up, "I kept Majestic's promise." He cringed from the pain, but he smiled weakly at her afterward.

"We all saw, me, my friends, and the Princesses...," she said before hugging Thorne, "Thank you for saving him."

"You're welcome," Thorne said with a smile, gently hugging back before laying back in the stretcher and being carried away. Twilight quickly caught up to Gunnar's stretcher as the paramedics carried him to the medical tent. He still looked like a bloodied mess. The shield had crushed part of his armor and caused the fragments to create a large gash in his side. His helmet lay next to him with a cracked visor and the damage that caused was apparent by the bleeding on Gunnar's head. Thorne had pulled out the armor fragments, set the broken bones, and applied biofoam to the gash to stabilize him just in time. The sight still broke her heart though.

"You're welcome to accompany into the tent miss," one of the paramedics said, seeing her face as he helped carry Gunnar in. She nodded and followed.

========================================================
Canterlot, Equestria; Canterlot Palace, Celestia's Bedroom.

Inside her room, Celestia was speaking to Lasky through the holo comms device the UNSC had given her.

"I heard what happened in the op," Lasky said solemnly, "I hope Gunnar is okay."

"He's injured, but will recover eventually," Celestia informed him. The Infinity Captain's face became a bit less solemn, gaining hope from those words.

"We'll I'm glad he's alive. We'll postpone further operations till everyone and everypony is recovered."

"I'm afraid I won't be letting Gunnar accompany any humans on missions for some time until hes recovered and had some training in dealing with Hunters effectively," Celestia said rather sternly.

"I understand. I'll have Majestic bring him up to speed once he's fully recovered. However I'm extremely reluctant to send him in anymore all the same, with or without training. I'd like to fend off the Covenant without any casualties to you or your subjects."

"He will still insist on operating in the field afterward. Many ponies still are. The training your Spartans and soldiers have been giving our military seems to be paying off. I received word of an incursion near Canterlot. Ponies and Spartans easily fended them off without casualties," Celestia informed.

"Well that makes me feel somewhat better... hold up... I think I'm getting word of this incursion now myself."

"If you'd like time to review the details, I won't hold you up any longer. Before you go though, I'd recommend commending Fireteam Majestic for their bravery and self sacrifice to defend my subject in the heat of battle. Thorne nearly lost his life to keep the Hunters from finishing Gunnar off. His squadmates then saved him."

"I'll be giving them medals after that ordeal without a doubt, I can promise that. Thank you for your time Princess," Lasky bowed respectfully before saluting and cutting the transmission.

Celestia let out a solemn sigh.

"You are troubled sister. I can see it in your eyes," Luna stated, "What bothers you? We have tasted victory this day."

"But at what cost?" Celestia replied in a solemn tone as she turned to her younger sister, "Lives were nearly lost pushing the Covenant back in that mission. How much longer before we see starships from both the UNSC and the Covenant battling it out above our homeland?"

"If that time comes, we must hold to hope and fight as hard as we can," Luna said with a serious and determined tone, "I for one refuse to let those Covenant aliens come here and destroy our fair home without fighting back. The same should apply to you sister."

"You're right LuLu.... We will fight for justice against these aliens and we will repel them," Celestia said, using her sister's childhood nickname in the process. She looked up from the ground at her sister with an expression of newfound hope and determination. "I know we can win this."

"That's the spirit Tia!" Luna exclaimed with a joyful, hopeful tone and hugged her elder sister.

Celestia smiled and hugged back, enjoying the family moment with her beloved sister. She looked out beyond the balcony of her bedroom in Canterlot Palace. She felt she could press on once more and defend her subjects no matter what the Covenant threw at them. She knew she could do it. With her beloved sister, her student, and her loyal soldiers at her side, she knew Equestria could make a stand and fight alongside the UNSC to fend off the Covenant, no matter what.

=================================================================
UNSC Forward Base, Ponyville, Equestria; Infirmary Tent, two days after operation
Human Calandar date: 2558

Twilight sat next to Gunnar's bed. The curtain was closed to offer some semblance of privacy while she kept him company. He was still unconscious, but healing. A cast was on the same leg that broke last time. Other than that, the human doctors had done surprisingly well, quickly identifying and repairing damaged organs and sealing up any remaining wounds. He had lost alot of blood despite how quickly and efficiently they had worked. He still looked rather screwed up with his messed up mane and coat and the scars still on his side and back. It broke her heart to see him like this. She couldn't help crying now. The only thing that gave her hope right now was the fact that he was breathing normally again. Despite that, she kept sobbing.

"Twi.... you okay?" Applejack asked with concern as she stepped in slowly.

"N-no...." was her only reply.

"Well the mission was successful, Gunnar is recoverin' well, and the alliance between pony and human get stronger by the minute. So why are you cryin' Sugarcube?"

The purple mare looked at Gunnar and cried a little harder through her response. "H-He's still in alot of emotional pain, he looks like he's been to hell and back, and now he's laying here unconscious and injured... and suffering. It's breaking my heart to see him like this,,,," She broke down, leaning on the bed and burying her face in her hooves, tears streaming uncontrolled now.

"Twilight...." AJ sounded almost hopeless as she said the suffering mare's name. All she could do was gently hug her friend and try to comfort her. She looked at Gunnar and couldn't help feeling he heart sink as well. He was almost the picture of death...

A human medic accompanied by a an earth pony mare who could only be one of the local nurses came in and checked Gunnar's condition again, recording the data before the left again.

It was only then that the stallion stirred, finally after two days of waiting, he moved a bit. Twilight perked up, picking up on the movement. Could he be waking up?

He nearly died out there, he nearly died protecting me and my friends, he keeps risking putting his life on the line.

What do you expect, he's a solder, and a tough one at that if he's moving so soon after a hit like that.

It's my fault... thoughts of me must have distracted him or something... or maybe i should have been there... I...

How can you blame yourself? There was nothing you could do out there. You aren't a soldier.

But he was distracted...

Soldiers are trained to clear their minds before missions and focus on the task at hand. If he was thinking about you at all out there, it was during the seconds before he lost consciousness. He'll probably be beating himself up over nearly getting himself killed when he wakes up, you know how he is.

But....

No buts. You need to strengthen your resolve and BE THERE for him every step of the way as he recovers and even after he has, you stick to his side no matter what.

What do I do though?

That's up to you.

......

Well?

I'm training to fight after this.

Okay no that's too far.

It's my choice and I want to fight at his side no matter what!

You'll only slow him down.

Not if I fight hard and stay strong I wont!

What of your friends? What of Celestia?

They'll understand.

They'll try to stop you.

I'll make them understand then.

But...

NO BUTS! I'M DOING THIS AS SOON AS HE'S RECOVERED AND THAT'S THAT!

You're sure about this?

Positive. I won't be standing by and watching some screen while he risks his life anymore. I'm gonna fight by his side and help him repel this threat.

The UNSC may not be fond of letting a marked VIP enter the field.

Gunnar is a marked VIP!

Just one, what about two?

I'll make them understand that I'm not letting him go out there without me anymore!

If that's your decision....

It is.

When will you tell him?

After he's recovered. This is... kinda big news.

You sure that's smart?

It's the best way I can think of.

Then start preparing, you're gonna have alot of training ahead after he's recovered.

No kidding....

Her mind was made up now. Twilight had decided. She would join the military so she could fight at Gunnar's side. AJ looked at her friend when she stopped crying, wondering what the mare was thinking.

"AJ..." she said all of a sudden.

"Yeah Twi?" the farm mare asked, curious what her friend was about to say.

"I've made a decision."

"And what's that sugarcube?"

Twilight sighed, hesitating for a moment, but no longer. "I'm going to train up... He's not going out there without me anymore."

Author's Note:

WHOA!!!! Heavy cliffhangar AND a heavy decision. Will her decision have dire consequences, or will she and Gunnar soon make the perfect fighting team? Stay tuned to find out.

Applejack: You realize I'm kicking your flank after this right?

You can try.

Applejack: Oh i will *she grinned deviously*

Good luck with that. XD