• Published 19th Jan 2014
  • 526 Views, 1 Comments

Astra Siria - Dream-Plushie



The hospital never really changes for Screw Loose, and she often feels lonely until one day, a new patient comes in that will change her life forever.

  • ...
 1
 526

Chapter One

It was a rather cloudy morning in ponyville. The sun's brilliant rays were hidden behind fluffy shields of grey as Luna lowered the moon to make way for the day. In the ponyville hospital, a mare by the name of Screw Loose slept in a most peculiar way. She was curled up at the foot of a hospital bed, much like a dog. Screw Loose had always slept in this way, as she truly believed she was a dog instead of a pony. She originally began living in the hospital so they could help her realize what she was, but upon realizing she was happy with being the way she is, they decided to let her stay as sort of a pet.

Screw Loose fluttered open her eyes and yawned, hopping off the end of the bed and stretching. She allowed her tongue to roll out of her mouth as she panted, giving a small whimper as she looked at her empty food bowl. Screw Loose leaned down and clutched the bowl between her jaws and walked out into the hallway of the hospital. She searched around for one of the doctors or nurses, and spotted Nurse Redheart at the end of the empty hallway. Screw trotted lightly to her and was greeted by a soft pat on the head.

"Good morning, Screw Loose!" Nurse Redheart chimed, scratching behind her ear. "Doctor Sun forgot to fill your bowl this morning, huh? I'll get you some food." She said, taking the bowl and walking into the lobby. She opened a cabinet and filled the bowl with food before placing it on the ground for Screw Loose. The blue colored pony dug into her food before snapping her head up to the sound of hooves galloping through the hospital. Many of the doctors came rushing by with a filly in a hospital bed. Screw whimpered and tilted her head.

"Doctor, what is going on?" Nurse Redheart questioned. The doctor gave her a sad look and whispered something into her ear. Redheart's face became stricken with shock and sadness.

"That poor baby..." She replied softly. "Stay here, Screw Loose." Nurse Redheart galloped away, leaving Screw alone in the hallway. She sat there, hearing the doctors and nurses screaming loudly about something. Soon, Screw Loose slowly approached the scene, pushing through the crowds of ponies when she saw the small filly. She was a bright yellow color with a pink and purple mane.

"Screw Loose, no!" Doctor Sun scolded. Screw ignored him and approached the small filly. She was just another patient, and all the patients loved Screw Loose, so why shouldn't she say hello? She barked softly, and the pony opened her pretty blue eyes slowly. The hospital ponies gasped lightly and whispered amongst each other. The filly turned her head and saw Screw Loose. She softly pet her head and she wagged her tail, panting and gently licking the filly's cheek.

"Good puppy..." The small mare whispered weakly. "You're a good puppy." Screw Loose barked once and smiled happily at the filly. "My name is W-Wishing Star."

"That's Screw Loose, sweetie." Redheart informed her lightly.

"That's a mean name...makes her seem crazy..." Wishing Star replied. "I'll just call her puppy."

"Screw Loose, get back here now!" Doctor Sun insisted, giving her a displeased grimace. Screw looked up at him and flattened her ears, whimpering.

"It's okay, mister. This is a good puppy." Wishing Star whispered. "Where am I? Where's my mum?" Doctor Sun sighed and walked up to her.

"You're in a hospital, deary..." He said.

"Again?" She muttered. "I spend most of my time in these places. Where's mummy, is she here?"

"Er..no, sorry...she..." Doctor Sun frowned. "Went home." The small filly's eyes twinkled sadly as she nodded in understanding. Screw Loose put her hoof up to her and barked once more. Another one of the ponies in silly suits pulled Doctor Sun aside and the two almost instantly began bickering over something. Every once and a while, Screw heard her name being mentioned, and her ear would prick to the side, making Wishing Star giggled. She loved the filly's smile and her laugh.

"Alright. Fine!" Doctor Sun shouted, kicking a hoof. He turned and gave a fake smile. "Deary;" He said, addressing Wishing Star. "How would you like to get regular visits from Screw Loose here?"

"Really?" The small pony asked with hope on her face. Screw's tail thumped with her happiness frantically.

"Yes. We'll take her here to visit you every day until your better."

"Yes!! Hear that, puppy? You and I are going to be best pals!" She squeaked, hugging Screw Loose's neck.

"For now it's time for Screw Loose...er, I mean...'puppy' to go back to her own room, alright?" Nurse Redheart asked.

"Okay, I guess. See you later, puppy!" Screw Loose jumped up and down in excitement and followed Nurse Redheart back to her room. She was a bit disappointed to go back into her dull old hospital room after such a change in the hospital. For the past few months, Screw Loose had been feeling so lonely. Most of the patients were old ponies, and they weren't really that much fun to listen to. Nobody really seemed to pay much attention to her outside of Nurse Redheart. Doctor Sun was always yelling at her. Every day was the same, wake up, eat, play a bit, eat, sleep. The cycle was never ending until now! There was a new small filly that she could play with every day! How exciting!! Screw Loose curled up in bed and slowly nodded off.

Comments ( 1 )

OH, this is great! Please write more soon!

Login or register to comment