• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 888 Views, 66 Comments

The War in Equestria. - BluesyTreble



Two 15th century soldiers fighting in the Hundred Years' War get sucked into Equestria, ending up in the Everfree forest.

  • ...
6
 66
 888

7 The Mane Six Part Two

Despite Rarity's repeated offers to give them what she called a "makeover" which will make them "fabulous", The men insisted on keeping their current clothes and armour, not trusting a horse creature to make clothes.

"HMPH! Fine! But to refuse to look fabulous is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard! You two look HIDEOUS!" Rarity gave up in frustration, stomping her foreleg and turning her nose up and them. She narrowed her eyes in disapproval.

Terence sucked in a deep breath through his teeth. He controlled his rage.

"Well, you look like an overfed and portly lady, you hindquarters stick out most disgustingly, DARLING!" Ralf spat back.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"You heard me, there's no need to repeat, Lady Rarity The FAT!" Ralf had begun to shout, his short temper ignited and started to blaze like ash wood in a fireplace.

"Shut yer trap, you two! That's enough squabblin' fer today!" Applejack put a forehoof on Ralf's broad barrel chest and another on Rarity's.

"Sorry, Applejack." Rarity promptly apologised. She walked over to Ralf.

"We're not finished."

"Nor are we." Agreed the archer. Resisting the urge to restring his bow and give the arrogant unicorn a broadhead in her heavily painted face.

Rarity gave Ralf a glare that made him feel coldness creeping up his spine. He shoved away his fear and locked eyes with the offending unicorn, determined to show her he wasn't scared.

Although the Human had just insulted her, she found him rather adorable, but decided to not drop the charges just yet.

Ralf hated that unicorn. Arrogant wench.

Just then, Twilight Sparkle came back. She had changed into her regal princess robes, complete with crown, jeweled chestpiece and gold horseshoes. She reminded Ralf of an armoured french destrier, Ralf kept his mouth shut, realising he had offended many today.

"We're ready to go! I'll give a short speech, and we'll have somepony else talk about Ralf and Terence." Twilight briefed them.

"I'LL DO IT! ME! ME! ME!" Pinkie Pie jumped up and down, thrusting a forehoof into air and screaming. If she had behaved this way back in his village's schoolhouse, she would have gotten her rump birched, thought Terence.

"You sure you can do this? Pinkie?" Twilight raised a doubtful eyebrow, something horses back in England definitely did NOT have.

"YYYES INDEEDILY TWILIGHT!"

"Oooookay then Pinkie."

The butter-colored mare hadn't spoke, she stood there, hiding her face behind her mane, her eyes gazing at the men. Terence turned and look at her, noticing her soft aqua-blue eyes. They looked like they would fill with tears at the slightest unkind act, yet Terence noticed a sinewy strength bottled within. She noticed Terence and looked away.

"What're you waiting for people? We've got names we got to clear! Let's go!" Twilight led the gallop the ponyville, Ralf and Terence trying their hardest to keep up. Applejack and Rainbow went back for them, throwing the humans onto their built backs and galloped, the two athletic and strong mares keeping up with the rest with ease.

Ralf held on to Applejack's warm neck. By grace of God, he was starting to like this strange new world.

Author's Note:

Wrote this while listening to Van Halen's best of volume 1 XDDDD