• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 887 Views, 66 Comments

The War in Equestria. - BluesyTreble



Two 15th century soldiers fighting in the Hundred Years' War get sucked into Equestria, ending up in the Everfree forest.

  • ...
6
 66
 887

6 The Mane Six Part One.

Twilight Sparkle had first called a meeting at Sweet Apple Acres, a large farm that belonged to Applejack's family. She had apparently called Applejack and four other ponies, which she introduced as her closest friends who could supposedly help the soldiers along in settling. Ralf immediately recognised the butter-colored pegasus, who sort of withered under his gaze. A white unicorn with regal curls cascading down her neck looked them up and down disapprovingly, eyeing their filthy clothes. The cyan mare flipped her multicolored mane and lazily looked at them.

"HEY!" A pink blur whizzed into the men, hugging them tightly. Ralf's bow and arrows threatened to break again.

"Let us go, we can't breathe!"

"Okie dokie lokie!" Chirped the pink pony, releasing them and jumping up and down on the spot. "I've never seen you two before, though I did hear about you two, everypony in Ponyville are all talking about you two like you two are a pair of hooligans that go round hurting everypony! I don't get it, but why is everypony so worked up about this??!" She paused before continuing. "I'm Pinkie Pie! What's your name? I mean, come on, new beings, pony or not, means NEW BEST FRIENDS!! We're totally gonna have one big party to welcome you two and then we can all eat cake and get all woozy on cider! Or we can have two parties! One for each new visitor! Or maybe an after-welcome party after that! Or an after-after wel-" A large red apple was unceremoniously shoved into the bright pink mare's mouth, stopping her babbling.

"Now that we've no more interruptions," Twilight began, shooting a stern glance at Pinkie, who had somehow swallowed the apple and now grinned back at Twilight. The lavender unicorn rolled her eyes and continued, "As a result of one of my failed spells, these two unfortunate humans were mistakenly teleported here, and the Ponyville residents aren't reacting very well to this. How about you girls get to know them a little, I've got a town meeting to put together." With that, Twilight trotted off, leaving the five ponies with Ralf and Terence.

"What's that?" came a slightly raspy voice. Ralf felt his bow being slid off him. He turned to see the cyan mare curiously examining his great yew bow, which was strung.

"Take care with that, mare, for it is quite the dangerous weapon and a formidable arm."

The mare rose into the air, thumping her puffed out chest with a hoof. "My name's Rainbow Dash, RALF, so call me by that instead! I, the greatest and coolest and most awesome athlete in Equestria, deserve to be called something other than simply and plainly, a mare." She came back to the ground, clutching his bow in one hoof. "And this? A stick and a string? A weapon?" She laughed, rolling on the ground and gripping her tummy. "What do you do with it? Throw it at the enemy? That would be wasting good firewood, Ralf, I suggest this belongs best in the fireplace. Do come along and give me that for the winter, we pegasi like to keep ourselves warm after a long day of cloud bustin' ya know?"

Ralf snatched the bow and removed a bodkin from his arrow bag. He nocked the arrow, swinging the bow upright. He pointed it at a nearby tree, no more than fifty paces away. With his string fingers, their skin turned into hard leather pads by the harsh bowstring, he pulled the cord all the way past his ear. Some of the lazier archers would have pulled it to the eye, where they could aim down the arrow's shaft, but that deprived the warbow its power. He released the arrow.

"Thwack!" The bowstring snapped back into position, sending the arrow streaking across the late morning light. The bodkin punched through the birch, with only the back of the arrow, fletched with goose-feather, showing at the front of the birch. The other three quarters of the arrow had gone through the birch, the long shaft holding the bodkin still quivering.

"Do you want an arrow in your face?" Ralf asked smugly. Rainbow Dash just stared, mouth hanging wide open. She shook her head, quickly regaining her composure. The others did not recover quickly.

"No thanks, not that you could even GRAZE me with one of those!" She taunted, trying to look brave.

"I'd rather not challenge an archer if I were you," Terence spoke up. "Those men can pick the snot out of your nose with an arrow at two hundred paces."

To prove Terence's point, Ralf's second arrow, a broadhead, whistled through the air to slice an apple off it's stem nearly two hundred and fifty paces away.

"Woah there, Nelly, we see yer point, no pressin' need ta put one of them pointy flyin' sticks in somepony's face ov'r a taunt." Applejack recovered to stop the taunt from elevating to another fight.

"WOOAA-"Rainbow Dash, noticing her watching friends, quickly resumed her normal laidback tone. "That wasn't too bad, Ralf, we should hang out sometime, I'll teach ya how to be as awesome as me." She put her foreleg around Ralf's shoulder, the fur soft against his skin.

"Such a cumbersome weapon! It makes you look like a savage!"

"Don't mind Rarity, she's a right pain in the flank, sugarcube."

"Oh, and your clothes, you two look simply DREADFUL!"

"Good luck, sugarcube."

Author's Note:

Friday's chapter XDDD split into two parts as this was too long to be seen as a regular chapter of mine. If you like what you read, like, comment or follow, it helps me out alot! :)