• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 3,081 Views, 204 Comments

Pinkie Pie The Royal Knight - Diablomuerte2



Sequel to A Day Between Logic and Insanity. Pinkie Pie now must make due on her promise of becoming a royal guard if she wants to be with Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
27
 204
 3,081

Secrets

Secrets

Twilight and Fluttershy were making their way to the Dungeon of Canterlot Castle. It was a dungeon that held the worst criminals known to ponykind. All were being expertly guarded by members of the royal guard. The entrance usually well guarded was vacant of any ponies.

"That's weird," Twilight commented as she surveyed the area. "Where are the guards that keep ponies out?"

Fluttershy began shaking in fear. "I... I don't know."

Twilight chuckled inwardly. "Well this seems suspicious and needs to be reported... but first we have to find Spike."

Fluttershy nodded silently trying to remain calm, and failing to do so.

____________________________________________________________

Celestia was nervous, as things were falling apart around her. She had a kingdom with loyal subjects and destinies plotted out. She didn't think, even for a second, that her plans were able to be altered. She rushed to her room to find it empty and began panicking even further.

"Luna!"

No reply was heard and it made Celestia furious.

"Luna!"

She began pacing around with weighted feed, until she remembered she had released her sister from the binds. She had also allowed her to roam the castle once more.

"Damn it!"

She rushed off in search of her sister while avoiding the questioning gaze of the nearby maids.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkie Pie was busy trying to wake up the injured pegasi. It wasn't fun being the only one conscious when her friends were all knocked out. She chuckled in amusement at the silly things she could do to her sleeping friends. The word friend sounded funny in her head when she thought of Steel Wall.

Surely he had changed in Pinkie's mind from what he used to be. He was the enemy to her since he stood in the way of a "yes" that would allow her ultimate joy. The thought of him being an obstacle had changed when his attitude towards her did. lately she felt as if he was sort of a father figure in her life.

Though that was the case, it was still difficult for him to show any sign that he was impressed with her progress. He was still cold during class but when out of class he seemed a bit softer. She was confused about him and his agenda. She had a goofy smile on her face over the antics she pulled in class over the past week and how much she had progressed due to her being handled like an adult.

She knew exactly what would wake the ponies up. "Time to wake up!" She pulled the string on her party cannon and out came a loud sound that made both pegasi leap into the air in shock and confusion.

Pinkie Pie looked up at the confused pegasi and beamed. "So now that you two are done fighting can we meet up with the others?"

Rainbow Dash still groggy and injured looked at the stallion, who inflicted the injuries, and saw his body beaten as well. "Yeah I think I taught him the lesson he needed to learn."

Steel Wall looked at Rainbow Dash and chuckled. "Seems I taught you a lesson as well, since we both learned a lesson I say we part ways while we still can."

Pinkie Pie frowned at his attitude and gave Rainbow Dash a sad look.

Rainbow Dash sighed and silently began leaving without further antagonizing the stallion. "Let's just go Pinkie," she called out as she reached the hallway.

Pinkie Pie looked at Steel Wall, tending to his own wounds, and quickly turned from him before leaving with Rainbow Dash to find the others.

____________________________________________________________

Fluttershy and Twilight were traversing through the dungeons when they began hearing a heated conversation between two unknown individuals.

"No! I will not silence myself, in fact I shall sing a jaunty tune about how much everyone hates you."

"You think I care, when Celestia's device finishes its task you will be slain in self defense."

"Oh and I suppose you think you're going to get away with it?"

"Yes, we will... and when the time comes-"

"You’ll still be a loser without a marefriend."

Twilight crept closer as the voices began sounding familiar. She was unaware that Fluttershy had been too scared to continue on and stayed back a bit.

"I am not a loser!"

"Totally are a loser."

"Oh yeah if I'm such a loser then why did Celestia pick me to be Twilight's lover?"

"Because she is an idiot and has poor tastes in stallions."

"That's enough! I will not continue to be disrespected by the likes of you!"

"What are you going to do? Kill me? Then you will ruin everything. So stop acting tough unless you have the stones to actually do something about it."

"Don't tempt me... I am this close to just killing you myself."

Twilight began feeling sick listening on to the conversation. She got close enough to where she could pinpoint who the voices belong to.

"Sure you are, and Celestia's going to just forgive you for ruining her plans?"

"Celestia won't have to know the truth... I can just make a convincing story given the time."

"So then why wait? Kill me now if you have the motivation to. I will be right here unable to move as planned."

"I know you're up to something. What do you take me for a fool?"

"Yes! I thought that was clear."

Twilight continued closer and looked around a corner and saw the disturbing sight of the truth. It really was the two individuals she imagined, that were having the conversation that seemed out of place.

"Psst Fluttershy I think something is wrong here," she whispered before turning to see no one behind her.

____________________________________________________________

Celestia rushed into Luna's room to find it devoid of any living creature. She looked around and found a small note on the bed. "No!" she cried out in sorrow and rage, when she read the note left for her.

"She can't just leave... where is she going... and why now!" Celestia began pacing about and getting frustrated at the turn of events. She thought her sister would stay by her side in this crisis and instead she had bolted.

____________________________________________________________

Luna was disguised as a unicorn with a lunar cutie mark. She had made herself appear younger and boarded a train heading to the Crystal Empire. There she could finally be free of Celestia and warn the prince and princess of that kingdom about her behavior.

She took one look back as the train started parting from the station. The single tear shedding from her eye was all she could muster as emotion. She had decided that she wouldn't betray her sister and yet she still had to stop her. "If only things were different," she whispered softly.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were casually strolling along the halls looking for the other ponies. Just as they were turning a corner they got bumped into by a yellow slightly fast moving blur.

"Darn it... watch where you're going... Fluttershy?"

"Oh Rainbow... Pinkie... I need your help. I left Twilight alone in the dungeon and ran off scared."

Pinkie Pie got angry. "You did what?!"

Rainbow Dash got defensive. "Hey back off... don't yell at her. Twilight should know better than to bring Fluttershy to someplace scary."

"I'm sorry... I just couldn't be there any longer... it was dark and creepy."

Rainbow Dash looked at her tenderly. "It's fine just lead us to where you left her so we can make sure she is alright."

"But..."

"I will be there with you, love."

"Okay... and sorry Pinkie."

Pinkie Pie stayed silent not wanting to make the situation worse.

Fluttershy began leading the two mares to where she and Twilight were heading in hopes that everything would be alright. She was disappointed in herself for abandoning her friend, but she was also glad she ran into some braver ponies. "This way you two... and once again... I'm sorry."

____________________________________________________________

Twilight had no back up but couldn't leave Discord in Flash's hold. Even if Discord wasn't the nicest being to exist, he was still a friend of sorts. She rushed in recklessly and made her presence known.

"Let him go Flash!"

Flash turned startled by the surprise entrance of his former girlfriend. "What are you doing here?!"

"I am here to rescue Discord!"

Discord chuckled. "See Flash, unlike you, I have ponies that care about me."

Flash got angry and slammed his hoof down. "Shut up Discord! Twilight you should go."

Twilight snorted through her nose in anger. "I will not back down Flash... if I have to hurt you... I will."

Flash Sentry chuckled. "That's if you can even land a hit on me... I am known as Flash for a reason."

Twilight was beginning to light her horn in warning but that triggered Flash to violently charge at amazing speeds. Before she could react she was hit hard and sent reeling back.

"Now leave, Twilight, and don't come back."

"I... won't abandon him."

"You care for him? The same monster that broke us up? Don't you remember how happy we were before this freak broke us up?"

Twilight got up on shaky legs and raised her voice. "I don't care! I was happy with you... that is true but I am happier now. You gave it your all and I was glad you tried. The problems were there still... you didn't get along with my friends... and you idolized my brother more than you cared for me. You put your duty before you're heart and I can't live with that."

Flash grunted. "I was just being a good guard... I had my duties and unlike you, I took them seriously."

Twilight chuckled. "I don't remember assaulting princesses as being part of your duties."

Flash stomped his hoof in anger and began drawing near. "Since when was it the duty of a princess to be seduced by a baker, a mare baker at that?"

Twilight smiled. "It never was my duty to fall for Pinkie... but it was definitely one of the greatest things to happen. I followed my heart not my crown."

Flash began approaching and getting really close in a threatening way. "Well where is she now?"

As if being summoned by those exact words, Pinkie Pie had appeared and her entrance was one that left all surprised. She charged through and impacted her body into the side of Flash Sentry sending his more built body flying a few inches.

Before Flash could react there was more ponies on Twilight's side checking on her. "Damn it... what do I do now?"

____________________________________________________________

Spike was busy doing chores that he begged be given to him. He needed something to keep his mind off Twilight and Rarity. He wanted to be at Twilight's side if things were going down, and he wanted his closure from Rarity. Both things were impossible during his temporary exile from canterlot.

"This sucks... are you sure there isn't any other chores I can do?"

"Sorry... but you have done all the chores... now even the maids have nothing to do."

"But Shining... I need something to do!"

"Well there is something you can do... if you really need things to do."

"I do! I do! Anything just give me something to do."

"Well you can visit all the ponies in the empire and get a census on how pleased they are with me and Cadence running the show."

"Alright, I will get right on it."

"After that I will ask you take a nap or break... I don't like how you're running yourself ragged ..."

"I'm fine... I just don't feel like slowing down right now... if I do I will think of things I rather not."

"What's going on Spike? I know you feel that it's better to keep things bottled up, I used to think that way too. Just know it's better to let ponies know what is going on."

"If I could tell you I would... It's just better for all of us if I keep things the way they are."

Shining Armor knew not to push further and just let Spike be on his way. In the back of his mind he was wondering about the state of Canterlot and the condition of his sister.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay and let me know if there are any glaring typoes.

No I am not cancelling this fic, I have just been busy with things.