• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 3,079 Views, 204 Comments

Pinkie Pie The Royal Knight - Diablomuerte2



Sequel to A Day Between Logic and Insanity. Pinkie Pie now must make due on her promise of becoming a royal guard if she wants to be with Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
27
 204
 3,079

Honor of the Royal Guards

Honor of the Royal Guards

Steel Wall was prepared for the arrival of the new potential royal guards, and the arrival of the pink terror. He was going to whip the cadets into shape and make them into the protectorate of princesses. Steel Wall knew that out of every twenty cadets only eight would make it to the finale of the training. The ponies that didn't succeed had either died or quit, it was that intense. Steel Wall had successfully managed to help fill the roster of the royal guards active, in Canterlot Castle alone. He was able to train the ponies who wanted it the most and make them lean, mean, protecting machines.

His dedication to the cause, of defending royalty and ensuring more young cadets were ready to take on the challenge when he finally passed on, was without equal. He never let any recruit who wasn't up to snuff graduate his course and never allowed any shenanigans to take place in his classes. His only motivation for his unyielding efforts were simply the honor of keeping the noble deities alive.

He didn't need recognition, or even validation, for his existence to be vital to the future of Equestria. His job was bound by honor, and it was that same honor that each cadet, that he molded into a guard, would keep with them and hopefully pass on to their foals. There was no parades or fan clubs for royal guards, but that didn't stop them from being willing and able to die to keep the royal family safe.

Steel Wall sized up the cadets as he walked past each of them. Those that faltered or showed any sign of cowardice were immediately expelled from his class, and sent back to wherever they came. This wasn't a beauty pageant and he wasn't going to coddle anypony. He continued doing his inspection of his recruits until he reached Pinkie Pie.

He tried giving her a death stare, and in return got a funny face aimed at him and a bunch of laughing stallions. "Oh so you think this is funny huh? I wonder how funny it is when you are all forced to give me 500 push ups." His no nonsense attitude was key in keeping the cadets in line. "You! Pinkamena... I don't like you, and I don't appreciate you trying to change the world by being the first mare royal guard."

Pinkie Pie tried keeping a straight face, "actually I am not trying to change the world, I already saved it, I am just here to become a guard so I can be with Twilight and then one day we will get married, and I will find some Pinkie way of making foals with her and live happily ever after..." She had a big smile on her face at this point. She couldn't contain the joy of her future possibilities with Twilight.

Steel Wall looked around at all the blushing stallions and knew he needed to gain control of the group, "alright listen up this is exactly why you don't join the guards... You don't join the guards for the perks you do it for the honor of serving the princesses and their subjects," He announced. "Pinkamena, I will be honest with you, I will be tough to impress and, if the only reason you joined up was to bed wrestle a princess with no complaints from society then I suggest you leave now."

Pinkie Pie stood very still and spoke with the utmost seriousness, "actually sir, I didn't come here just to get permission to bed a princess, as you so blatantly put it... I came here to become a better Pinkie Pie. Back in Ponyville, I was just a crazy baker who did random things. I was able to make people smile and laugh, and that was special... but I can't just be a silly pony forever and I want to be a strong pony. The royal guards are very strong and when I become strong I can be the pony to protect Twilight from threats instead of relying on her to protect me."

Steel Wall took a step back in shock, "well... in that case I suggest you stick around and learn the hard way of why you don't belong in the royal guards."

____________________________________________________________

Twilight was in the royal kitchen with Spike preparing to learn her lesson in baking, "why is the apron necessary, if I am just baking a cupcake?"

Spike sighed, "already a complaint and we haven't gotten to the hard part. I am trying to teach you to bake cupcakes and you complain about aprons..."

Twilight sheepishly smiled, "I guess you're right, it is kind of silly."

Spike chuckled, "so enough of apron talk let's get to baking, first do you have everything we need? If so then let's begin."

____________________________________________________________

The cadets who didn't get sent running off by Steel Wall's intimidation were hesitant about continuing on. The only one who kept a brave face on was Pinkie Pie. She had determination on her side and a goal to strive for. Success was going to be sweet with all the pain she knew it would take to reach it.

Steel Wall started lessons with simple armor polishing techniques and issuing the training armor they would be assigned to maintain and wear during classes. "Now remember to polish your armor thoroughly and keep the metal from rusting, you don't want to wear rusty armor in combat."

Pinkie Pie was bored out of her insane mind. "Teacher... what if you are in the rain, and fighting enemies, won't the armor rust anyways?" she tiredly asked.

Steel Wall had just started to like Pinkie Pie up until she opened her mouth, "Actually it doesn't work that way, metal doesn't rust instantly it would take-"

"So then why are we learning about rust if it won't affect us right away?" Pinkie inquisitively interjected.

Steel Wall tossed the example armor he was holding up to the ground and stomped on it in anger, "Fine we won't learn about the importance of armor maintenance so next time anyone has a problem with their armor just ask Pinkamena for advice. She obviously knows more than me and I'm clearly just wasting your time."

____________________________________________________________

Flash Sentry had been following Twilight to the royal kitchen. He wasn't upset at her in particular, he was disappointed that his romantic build up had lead to a crash and burn. He wasn't allowed in the wedding due to Rainbow Dash putting a ban on 'lame' ponies, and only allowing awesome ponies to attend. He tried to enter the wedding as an on duty royal guard but the bouncer wouldn't let him through, no matter the credentials.

He watched from afar as Twilight had been practicing baking something for the pink pony. He wasn't too versed on the names of the other ponies since it didn't matter to him. He was interested in Twilight Sparkle, and had never been more into another mare in his life.

When he was kicked out of the wedding he kept his dignity and didn't force his way in, even though his lack of trying is what ultimately caused him to lose his potential marefriend. He didn't know of the events surrounding the wedding but rumor was that he was a colt-cuddler and was more into Shining Armor. He didn't like the rumors that started, nor appreciated the fact that ponies swear they saw him at the wedding telling Twilight the very same thing.

He wanted to approach her and speak to her about the allegations, and the fact he still wanted to be with her, but he was on duty and didn't get off until later. Since he didn't want to potentially cause any problems, he decided to just leave the kitchen area before being spotted. He walked away and went to her room to plant a letter. The letter contained his invitation for them to meet up in private and discuss what really happened. He didn't want to let Twilight go without being given a fair chance, and would attempt to win her over at the proposed meeting spot.

____________________________________________________________

Pinkie Pie was tired of being in class and couldn't wait till lunch. The morning had been nothing special and the entire session was about armor, armor management, when it was appropriate to wear armor, how to put away the armor once done being worn; It was downright a snooze fest.

Steel Wall was in the middle of an important lesson about the durability of armor and how much protection it can actually offer in live combat. He noticed during his lesson that Pinkie Pie was slowly closing her eyes and falling asleep, in what he could only assume was sheer boredom. He decided to spice things up by attacking her with a hoof, to demonstrate why armor is important.

Unfortunately for Steel Wall, Pinkie Pie has Pinkie Sense. Pinkie Sense is an innate ability to predict incoming physical harm and various hazards, and could tell when something was going to impact her by subtle movements of her body. She sensed the incoming attack and moved out of the way while still closing her eyes. "Missed me, missed me, but you can't kiss me," Pinkie Pie chanted.

Steel Wall had never been so infuriated and impressed at the same time. He never had any cadet make a fool of him and laugh while doing so. "How did you dodge my attack, cadet Pinky?"

Pinkie Pie smiled wide, "It was my Pinkie Sense; I felt my tail waggle and my ears crinkle, and that meant some jerk was going to sneak attack me."

Steel Wall became intrigued about the Pinkie Sense and wanted to test the validity of it. "If what you say is true then you should be untouchable in combat," he deviously said.

"Well, I don't know, I was able to fight off the changeling swarm and even help fend off a hydra or something like that," Pinkie nonchalantly replied.

Steel Wall chuckled, "Well then how about you do me a favor, and spar with me, so I can put the Pinkie Sense to the test."

Pinkie Pie grinned, "Let's do it!"

____________________________________________________________

Discord was watching Luna sleep, he wasn't sure if he could pull off his stunt with her snoring not being as constant. He needed to make sure she didn't wake up or it would ruin everything. He had a bucket of water placed right beside the bed where he could easily place one of her hooves in it.

He wanted to cause chaos and nothing would be more chaotic then an enraged moon goddess with no victim to channel her rage to. He was meticulous about his plan and carefully began executing it. His slow movements had been silenced by his carefully placed steps. He relaxed his heart so it didn't beat loudly and continued to enact his mischievous plan.

He gently placed a foreleg of hers inside the bucket of water and backed away slowly. He was glad it went easily and decided to slowly escape the room before being caught. When he turned around to begin his escape, he noticed Celestia giving him a look of anger.

"We need to talk Discord," Celestia grimly spoke.

Discord gulped and knew he had been caught in one of his various schemes he had been running across Equestria. "Well, what have you discovered and how did you find out?" he asked in an amused tone.

"I know about Flash Sentry, and your stunt involving the breaking of Twilight's heart," Celestia angrily retorted.

Luna was hearing two creatures arguing and shouted angrily, "Shut up!" before noticing her hoof had been placed in water. She looked at her bed hoping to find it urine free and was happy she didn't see a spot. "What is the meaning of this?" She angrily asked while looking at the intruders.

Discord nervously chuckled, "Well... I can explain ... you see..."

Author's Note:

So yeah some set ups happening.

Pinkie going to spar Steel Wall to show off her amazing Pinkie Sense

Discord is in deep trouble with both princesses

Lastly Twilight is going to get a rude surprise when she gets ready for her lunch date with Pinkie.

Lots of things going to happen.