• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 2,654 Views, 62 Comments

Arms & Hooves - Gberg87



The team fortress team struggles to have a normal life in ponyville

  • ...
9
 62
 2,654

The last wave

Mannworks quicklime factory

”YAAAAAAAAAAAAA” heavy cried out as he gunned down the incoming robots with his giant weapon. “Tiny robot men, you are no match for me!”

Heavy had never let go of Sasha’s trigger since the beginning of the wave, there were always targets to shoot at. The wave seemed endless and robots kept charging in from every direction. He finished off a horde of pyrobots as he retreated to find more ammo for his gun. around the corner he found a wooden crate imprinted with a black picture of three bullets. He picked up the ammo and rushed back to the battle with his Medic.

Suddenly, an deafening explosion and the loud roar of an engine erupted. It can only be ... a tank. Heavy turned around saw an enormous armored vehicle painted in white rolling out from the gate. Its whistle echoed through the map, acknowledging its arrival.

“My god...” Heavy muttered “Need help holding off giant white tank” he yelled to no one expecting assistance.

“A SECOND TANK?!” Soldier shouted from the other end of the battlefield. He was about to assist heavy with a volley of rockets. But at the corner of his eyes, he noticed a giant soldier with the bomb rushing to where Demoman was busy dealing with a blue tank that roamed in earlier. “MY HAND ARE ALREADY FULL. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, PRIVATE!” he yelled as he jumped to aid Demoman.

Heavy could barely hear what the soldier said over the loud noises of the firearms and metal clanging. He ignored the incoming hordes and focused on the tank instead.

"Charge me, Doktor!" he shouted to his comrade.

"Jawohl," the Medic nodded and with a flick of a switch the Kritzkrieg activates.

Sasha turned red and emitted red electric bolts through the air. Heavy squeezed the trigger harder, thinking it would do more damage. The barrage of critical-charged two hundred dollar custom-tooled cartridges hit the tank’s thick plates, only to leave regular bullet holes on it. Such strength would have ended a stalemate on Hightower, but this tank didn't even show the sign of damage heavy expected. It was a humiliation to Sasha's power. And it continued to roar loudly as if taunting their attempt.
A sudden shout from the announcer broke his attention.

"ALERT, the bomb is almost through the hatch."




"Big Soldier's got the bomb, boys," Engineer hurried to his sentry, so that he could move it closer to the hatch. But-

"Sentry down! Dag nabit." A horde of demobots reduced his hard work to scrap before he could make it. He pulled out his shotgun and fired in retaliation, doing negligible amounts of damage.

Scout jumped out of nowhere to assist his teammate. He circled around the horde while firing his scattergun, taking their attention away from engineer. He circled so fast that their simple AI couldn't keep up with him. They fired their pipe bombs at all directions in attempt to kill the fast runner, eventually they blew themselves up.

"hehe, guess that I blew yo’ faces in, huh? Morons."

"Scout, Get yer' ass near the hatch, and slow down tha’ big bot! I'll meet you there, once ah’ get more metal, Hurry!" Engineer ordered, but Scout frowned and said,

"Wait, you want me to slow that huge thing all by myself? is your helmet getting a little tight there, hard-head?" One angry stare from the engineer was enough to send him running back to the hatch with a grumpy face.


"Keep firing, demo. It’ll die any second now" said Soldier, while blasting rockets at the blue tank. “any second now...” He muttered.

"huh, wha?" Demo took another sip from his bottle and fired multiple pipe bombs at the massive metal vehicle. It finally exploded into a huge fireball, shrapnel darted to every direction.

"YES! This crawling metal maggot just got dominated" Soldier laughed, while kicking the scrap metal off his boot.

The Duo's celebration were cut short by a loud buzz from the hatch alarms. The giant Soldierbot had sneaked near the hatch while everyone else was occupied.

The entire team hastily retreated to the hatch. The giant Soldierbot was just a mere few steps away from the hatch. Scout threw his mad milk at it to corrupt its circuits and slow it down. Then Demoman deployed a pile of critical sticky bombs under its feet, with the help from medic’s Kritz, and detonated it causing a lot of damage. The rest of the team combined their firepower to bring the giant bomb carrier to its knees. The robot finally exploded into pieces of metal after absorbing incredible amount of damage. It dropped the bomb right at the tip of the hatch.

"Oh, they're gonna 'ave to weld ye back together ... in yer’ robot hell!" Demoman taunted while taking another sip.

"phew, tha' was a close one" Eengineer said as he wiped his sweat away.

They immediately knew the fight was not over as ground shook with the roar of an engine. There was still the white tank to deal with.

"Engineer you protect ze hatch from any scoutbots, ze rest of us vill go after zat tank. Hurry up, ve don't have much time before it gets here." Medic explained. Everyone seems to agree with his quick thinking.

Engineer quickly deployed another sentry. He then grabbed some more metal from the ammobox nearby and upgraded it to level three. Behind the safety of his sentry, he started working on a dispenser. When out of metal again he rushed back to the ammobox then back to his nest. Meanwhile his sentry was killing off any random scoutbots that made it to near hatch. He was upgrading the dispenser when a clicking sound started to ring louder and louder in his ear. It took him more than usual to realize that this is the sound of a ...

"SENTRY BUSTER!!!" he screamed as loud as he can.

The Sentry buster was already too close for his teammates to come back and help. Engineer was panicking, this was a bad day to equip the Eureka. He had to deal with it himself, but his weapons are way too weak. He had to think of something...Fast.

blood rushed to his face.The sentry was the only thing standing between the unending hordes of scouts bots, and the bomb which sat on the tip of the hatch. If it gets destroyed, all is lost.

The Buster started its detonation sequence. Now, his panic grew worse. His heart was beating faster than scout could say ‘need a dispenser here’. He jumped behind a pile of barrels to take cover.

* tick tick tick … BOOM*

The sentry is gone.

"well, . . . darnit" Engineer peeked out to witness the end of Mann.co. He could see through the settling thick smoke, many Scoutbots’ silhouettes. One of them picked up the bomb and readied itself to dive into the hatch.

"ALERT, if they deploy the bomb all is Lost!"

Is this the end..? He couldn't accept his fate. He didn’t want to die now, not like this. He knew after this there was no respawn, it was the first real threat to his life... His mind couldn't accept this, he even started to see unnatural things: A distortion in the air. wait a minute... was he hallucinating or could this be . . .?

"YES, you've driven the bomb carrier back"

The unmistakable sound of the flame thrower immediately confirmed his suspicion. Pyro, he had pushed the bomb carrier back with an airblast. The scoutbots got flung into the skies, the compressed blast turned into scorching flames before them. Their circuits got fried and their heads popped like popcorn as they dropped to the ground forming a slightly melted pile of scrap.

"Yee haw!, Nice work Pyro. Right ‘n the nick o' time."

"hmmph hmhm phmhmm" Pyro muttered as he finished off the horde.

"Hell, now THAT was close." Engineer started to rebuild his nest, but he knew that it wouldn't be necessary. He could see a mushroom cloud in a distance which can only mean: His team successfully destroyed the white tank. A loud cheer of victory echoed through the map and made engineer smile with glee.

"Wave completed, Prepare for the last wave."


"Scout, I told ya’ to slow down that big bot! You almost got us all killed."

"How's it my fault that Demoman was too frickin' drunk to notice that huge metal soldier walking right past him with the bomb! I ain't gonna risk my life doing other's jobs.”

As usual, at the end of every battle, the blaming and name calling turns the re-supply room into a madhouse.

"Ye wee scampering windbag! Me job was to kill any tank that got past Heavy! Soldier was supposed to protect *burp* the bomb."

"You try and blame again, you one-eyed skirt-twinkling son of a bitch, I will shove that bottle of scrumpy of your right down your throat! I was never responsible for the bomb, it was heavy’s task to prevent anyone from picking it up in the first place." Soldier said defensively.

"But you told Heavy to take care of tank instead, and I take care of tank as you say! I cannot take care of both."

"Hmmhmm phmhmm HMHMHMH, hmmmhmm! phmmmhhm hmmhmm HMHM hmmpp mmhhhhp"

The whole room burst into incomprehensible loud arguing. It was only a matter of time until Demoman breaks his bottle or someone calls Heavy 'fat', but that had to wait for another heated argument; the back door of the room opened with a creepy ‘creak’. It rendered everyone silent.

"Gentlemen... I am back."

It was the spy. He looked fatigued, and he had blood on his suit. Everyone looked at him with anticipation.

"Well, where is it?" Engineer walked up to spy eagerly.

"It is in the van along with that urine thrower.” he paused for a bit, before he continued “I have managed to sound off few alarms during this job. I fear it is only a matter of time until our dear supplier, Mr.Hales, gets a phone call informing him the briefcase has been stolen."

"Well then, ah guess we should get prepared real fast." Replied Engineer.

Sniper entered the room, holding a huge yellow briefcase in his hand "Look at this beauty mates, the world's largest Australium reserve. This is what Poopy Joe died for. It can buy us a whole bloody country Haha." He smiled.

"The robots are here, *Ring* protect Mann.co *Ring*"

"Agh, ve wasted so much time arguing." the medic muttered

"Wait, lads did ye catch that ? Twas a phone."

"Well, it won’t matter since we will be escaping soon. Sniper, what can you see from your scope?" Spy asked. Sniper picked up his rifle and zoomed in from a nearby window.

"Crickey! You’re not gonna like this mates. I can see 4 tanks, about fifty giants... they are going bloody all in with this one."



"Fellas, this thing might send us to our deaths. Ah need to check a few things before we use it." Engineer remember his first teleportation experiment, it cost him a year's saving, and the life of an unfortunate enemy spy.

"Their largest army is coming engineer. And ze last attack almost killed us... twice. Ve barely held it, and ve vill most likely die next time. Let us use it now while ve have the chance."

"Ah need more time boys… t-to know where it will take us and ta make sure it's safe. Ah’m certain tha’ we can hold off this wave if we work as a team. Please."

The screams of that spy as he turned into bread still haunt him to this day.

"Private, don't you lie to me! You said you only needed Australium to power it. You said everything is set in place. You do not need more time. You already had an entire week to build that portal!"

"Listen up, smarty. I don't know what happened to you that last wave. But me and spy here have risked our bloody lives to steal this briefcase. Once Saxton hale finds, he will be return from his vacation and we will be dead meat. You have to make it work, now."

"Pfft, This is the frickin’ worst plan ever. I am not gonna stake my life on the blueprints of hundred year old moron I never heard of. Do you guys really expect this 'inter dimensional' thing to work? You're all crazy. I am out of here, I think I might find a safe hideout in Mexico."

"Don't ya dare call mah grandpa a moron, boy. His blueprints were more useful than you will ever be!"

"Scout, is that your answer for everything ... 'Running away'? Wherever you hide, Mr. Hale will find you, even if it takes him to the moon. You simply cannot run away from him, that is why we are building this wretched portal in the first place."

"Tiny man, we do this together, as team! I promise, we find land with sandvich and dispensers everywhere. Engineer said anything is possible."

"Let's use the bloody thing already. All the lads here agree ... Stop being such a fooking pussies, scout, engineer."

Everyone else agreed with demoman.

Engineer grit his teeth and spoke: "Fine, just fine. If you boys want to end u bread, dont blame me for it. Gimme that stupid bag, ah'll charge it up, will take few minutes."

"So this is your plan? Run off to another dimension? Hahahaha, how pathetic. You have always been cowards, it doesn't surprise me. Mr. Hale is on his way on an ICBM to personally discipline you, expect him to be very angry."

"Well you have to hurry it up mate, that hag is getting crazier and those robots are closing in.”

"Doktor, follow me. We slow down tiny robot men so engineer can work."

"Heavy, you two can’t do it on yer own. I'll come with ya." demoman said.

"Vell, ve all should go. Pyro and spy stay here mit engineer."

"hmmmphhm!"

The team headed outside and prepared for the wave.

"Sniper, before you go can i borrow your Jarate?" the engineer asked as sniper was about to leave.

"What for engie?" the sniper asked back.

"It's Just ... necessary precautions..."

“Not sure what you’re planning. But sure, here you go mate."

"Much obliged, pard’ner" sniper tipped his hat in return and rushed to his teammates in the battlefield.

Engineer placed the Australium briefcase into the portal and started the slow process of powering it up. The lights around the circular gate shined bright. Bolts of yellow electricity surged through the air. The portal resembled the battle teleporter engineer had always used, except that it had four much larger spinning arms instead of two and a circular metal frame above the spinning arms that will contain the dimensional rift.

The blueprints for the portal were his grandfather’s, he destroyed them after the construction was done so no one would follow. Engineer had complete trust in his grandfather's work, his blueprints helped him countless times on the battlefield. Only his grandfather knows where this portal leads.

Engineer proceeded to make a trap for Saxton Hale. He grabbed his Gunslinger from the supply cabinet, and attached the jar of urine to it. Spy watched in disgust from afar as engie welded the contraption above the Australium and wired it to a remote controlled button.

"Now, we jus’ wait." Engineer knew this plan was a bit of a gamble, but it was worth a try.

*****

A very tense five minutes passed, engineer, pyro and spy waited for the portal to power up. They never let their guard down, spy was holding his Dead Ringer at all time, pyro positioned his finger on the trigger.

*Flawless front flip into the room's window* Saxton Hale was suddenly standing on the other side of the room.

“don’t shoot” whispered engineer to his teammates.

"You coward hippies, give me back that briefcase right now or I’ll bash your head with it."

"Now hold it right there, Mr.Hale!" He held up the button and pointed at the yellow briefcase that’s containing the Australium.

"That there is a jar of concentrated urine” he said, still pointing at the small contraption. “And you know what happens when sodium chloride contacts with Australium?" Engineer hoped Saxton was stupid enough to believe that. “...A'll the energy is released at once.”

"You don't scare me! Pissing on Australium is a national sport in Australia!" Hale parried his threat flawlessly.

'Really?' The room felt hotter, engie started to sweat. This was a stupidest plan he ever though of, why did he even consider it. Saxton hale snapped his thick fingers and locked his eyes upon the engineer. In response the engie held the device even higher and put his finger on the button. Getting ready to press it.

"Have you ever wondered why it is a national sport? That's because its dangerous. It fits the Australian spirit.” Spy interrupted their silent war of intimidation. “For every gram of Australium there is a one percent chance of fission when sodium chloride is introduced. But with a reserve this large, and urine as disgusting as Sniper's ... The fission is imminent. And you know what that means Mr.Hale? You me, this facility and all of the surrounding badlands would be obliterated in less than a second. I know you realize how powerful Australium energy is, Mr.Hale." Spy said with a convincing tone.

Spy, the master of deception, kept a very calm face and looked right in the eyes of Mr.Hale without the slightest hint of fear. Even engineer was half convinced.

“So, what will it be Mr.Hale? Either all of us dies, or all of us lives.” Spy threatened, still calm. Engineer on the other hand could hear his own heartbeats.

Saxton Hale gave it a deep though. He never knew how Australium worked, and this spy seemed to be dead either way. The threat seemed very believable. He just had to give up, there was just too much at stake, his life his factory and his Australium. He gave a loud groan and said.

"What the hell do you want coward! Can we work out a deal!?"

"You can have your precious Australium back with no harm, Mr.Hale. But you will let us and the rest of our teammates use the portal."

"You coward! Do You really think you can do this to Saxton Hale and easily walk away?"

“Unless you can jump through dimensions… Yes we can.”

Oh so that’s what this is all about. Very clever, but I will have my revenge somehow, don't you think you are safe.

Scout rushed into the room and was immediately surprised by the new guest. "What the..."

"Scout, what do ya need? Quickly spill it out." whispered the engineer.

Scout shook his head, to refresh his memory. He had a message to deliver "Engie, the robots are too many, we are losing. Medic almost got blown up, and demo is in a very bad shape. We will retreat if we have no backup." He said.

“Shh, don’t worry son. Our friend Hale will help’em do the job.”

"Alert, the bomb is almost through the hatch!"

As engie heard that announcement, he wore an evil grin and said,
"Did ya hear that Mr.Hale? Yer’ factory needs ya. Our buddies couldn’t defend it bah’ themselves. That bomb might kill us instead of this button." Said the engineer, finger still on the device. “Unless, you go n’help them out.” He finished with a wide grin.

Saxton Hale had never been so enraged and humiliated. He is being ordered to fight by his own mercs. And he had no choice. Without a single word, he walked out of the room suppressing the urge to bash engineer’s head in.

"That... was ... AWESOME! What the hell did you guys do to him?"

"No time ta’ explain, Scout!" engineer said happily. To his back, the portal was shining blue, a sign that it's fully charged

“Bring our fellas back in right now. Tell’em the portal’s ready.” he commanded.

An explosion suddenly erupted. It shook the room violently. The wide metal door blew open as a swarm of robot flooded into the supply room along with the rest of the team.

"They're bloody EVERYWHERE! We couldn't hold em’ off for long, lads." Demo shot his remaining pipe bombs at the invading swarm.

"Fellas the portal is ready. Y’all must go, now!" the engineer yelled from the side of the portal while waving his arm.

The team slowly retreated into the portal one by one, while suppressing the horde at the entrance of the room. Scout went through first, followed by spy, sniper, engie ... But Heavy stayed behind to prevents the robots from following the team through the portal.

With the mercs gone. Saxton Hale fought the robot army alone. He felt the thirst for revenge, no one could do this to him and walk away...

‘They stole my Australium and used it against me’ Saxton muttered while pulling out the head of a big Demobot. ‘They made me fight the war I PAID them to fight.’ He roundhouse kicked a horde of bot-heavies. “These traitors will face a death as slow and painful as a hippie’s death.” he shouted in rage as he punched a tank into oblivion.

*Boom*

‘what the?’ Hale turned around to see his factory get blown up, a sneaky bot managed to get the bomb to that hatch while Saxton was rampaging. He rushed to the supply room, or what was left of it, to get his Australium. He found it under the rubble, covered with debris and … piss

”THOSE GODDAMN HIPPIES!”


Scout felt his body getting ripped apart, it wasn't painful though. It felt like someone was disassembling his body parts to only leave pure consciousness. After a while, he could see a forest materialize in front of him, he was speeding to it very fast ... He was falling, his sense came back to him and suddenly.

*thud*

"Urrgg" Scout stood up a wiped the dirt off his face. He hit the ground hard, but he was at one piece again.

A dim moonlight was all that scout needed to see his surroundings. He was in a forest, it looked more like a swamp or a mix of the two. The vegetation looked very unnatural to him even though he can only make out silhouettes. And what was most interesting is the sky, he can tell it is late at night from the position of the moon and yet the sky wasn't completely dark, it was purple blue with very bright stars piercing it.

*thud*

Without a warning, Spy fell on scout forcing him to the ground again. Scout quickly got up on his feet and swiftly stepped away from the landing area. He knew more of his teammate would pile up on that spot.

"Mon dieu...” said the spy while scratching his head, still on the ground. “pardon me scou- ... AUURRRG" Sniper slammed spy’s body hard into the ground. The spy groaned painfully as he was hitting the dirt with his fist.

Scout chuckled and said. “Ha... Sniper if i were you i'd move right away" he suggested while looking up in the sky where a falling engineer had just arrived.

Sniper was about to stand up only to have engineer’s soft ass stuffed to his face. They both fell on spy who didn't even have a chance to move away “MON DIEU, not again...”

Scout burst into laughter, anticipating more. Seing Spy in such pain and humiliation brought him joy.

The team continued dropping on spot. Pyro, soldier, medic, demoman. They all formed a pile of bodies, each trying to stand up only to be forced by another dropping body. Scout, still laughing, looked at the sky awaiting the grand finale … Heavy.

"INCOMINGGG, AGHHH" Screamed heavy, mid-air. Everyone, not wanting to be squashed by the fat russian, quickly dispersed from the landing zone, leaving the exhausted spy on the ground. Heavy came crashing down on his small fragile body. “AGGGGHHHUUUUUUUUUUUU.” Spy screamed in pain for the seventh time.

"hahahaha" Scout rolled on the ground, tears of laughter in his eyes. Never had he witnessed such a hilarious scene since that day he caught heavy kissing sasha.

“Haha, his bones got turned into cake powder.” laughed Soldier.

“Do-d-docteur, h-help me.” Spy said in pain. Medic obliged and started healing the spy.

"Looks like everyone’s here. Now, anyone know where th’ hell are we?!" the engineer asked loudly, to get everyone’s attention.

Heavy suddenly remembered something. He picked his mini-gun up from the ground and pointed up in the sky from where he fell. “Robot men are coming too, heavy could not hold them off for long. Prepare to fight tiny metal men.”

"Not again..." Sniper rolled his eyes.
Everyone picked up and pointed their weapons at the sky. As soon as the robots appeared they all shot simultaneously. The barrage of destruction turned the wave into worthless scrap before they even reached the ground. The robot rain soon died down, leaving a pile of motionless metal.

"Heh, that was easy" the engineer grinned.

"Zis must mean ze portal is closed. Good, so, what do ve do know?" asked the medic. The soldier climbed on the pile of scrap and gave a loud command speech,

"We should set up a camp for this night, we need rest before we venture into this unknown world. Scout, you go do what you do best, scouting." he joked. “Look for any signs of intelligent maggots out here and report back here.”

"A’right, on it." Scout saluted and climbed a nearby tree to have a clear view of the landscape.

"Sniper, you hunt us a meal. I am starving after all this fighting. I would eat a bowl of maggots if i have to. Report back here as well."

"Okay, mate" Sniper grabbed his Huntsman and ventured into the forest looking for a prey.

"And the rest of us will set up a camp right here. We will have dinner once sniper returns then we rest. Tomorrow morning, we will conquer any intelligent civilization scout could find in this world. If no civilization exists in this world, we will create our own civilization and take over that instead...Understood?"

"Sounds like a *burp* perfect plan, Lad!" Cheered demo as he raised his bottle with a smile. while the rest of the team sighed.

“dummkopf, lets just go vith your plan except the conquering part.”

The rest agreed and Work on the camp began. Heavy chopped up some logs for seating while Pyro handpicked the most combustible tree brushes he could find. Engineer and medic worked on setting up tents and spy and soldier were on guard duty. Demoman on the other hand was way too drunk to help, he was laying on the ground being useless as usual, providing unneeded moral support.




Pyro ventured a bit far from the campsite, looking for good brushes. He noticed a pair behind a thick tree. He tried to pick it up, but it moved away ... on its own. "Hmmm?"

He noticed more tree brushes moving to the same direction. Even the one he already collected flied out of his arms. What was going on?

"hmmhm, hmmhm?" He couldn't make out what was happening.

more timber joined the pile and formed a four legged creature with green glowing eyes. It let out an intimidating howl.
Pyro clapped at the amazing display. He just made first contact with a cute creature of this world. He gave it rainbows from his bubble gun make it happier. The creature became so happy that it turned into a pile of colored ashes ashes. Suddenly more of these cute puppies appeared, each time denying pyro from collecting brushes. It really annoyed pyro, he tries to give them happiness and rainbows while they always steal his brushes away. He had to tell his team about this, so he ran back to the camp.




"Hmhmhm, hmmhHMMhmm! Hmmmhmm phhm hmpphmm hm-"

"Pyro, I have no idea vat you are talking abo-”

"hmmphm, phmmhmph hmmph, HMMH hmpphmmh hmm!" Pyro tried harder to communicate with his teammate.

“HHMMMH MHMHMH PHMPPHMHP!” Medic clearly wasnt understanding him. So pyro started using hand gestures to explain the events, but that only made him look crazier.

"Vat? unless you take off your mask i cannot understand vat you are trying to say. Now please let me vork."
Pyro grabbed few stamps and started reenacting the scene while still yelling incomprehensible words. Medic facepalmed and said,
“Ugh, perhaps ze portal had some unexpected side effekts on your brain. Let me help you vith some medication.”


Medic injected pyro with a sleep dart, somebody had to shut up this crazed mumbler. He then dragged his sleeping body off the ground and put him down next to the dim campfire, so he wouldn’t be a nuisance to anyone.

*****

The camp was finally set up. The team rested around the fire, waiting for their teammates to return. Everyone was quiet. A long silence engulfed the camp, only the soothing sound of the crackling fire can be heard. It was a silence of mutual understanding and sorrow. A much needed silence to think of what they had left behind...

Demoman, thought of his mother. She is a blind old lady, very old, unable to take care of herself. She needs someone around the house who can see for her, even with one eye. She outlived her friends, and most of her family is gone, only her son Tavish.... But not anymore. His bottle of scrumpy couldn’t wash away the guilt he pain for her.

Spy, for the first time in his life, felt guilty. He usually betrays people, his employers, his friends, his country ... he betrayed everything and none had him feel more remorse than betraying his bride to be. He promised her to quit the job and build a normal family, a life he longed for after all these years of constant madness. He promised to look out for her son, scout, keep him safe. But now, the last men she cared for are gone aswell, trapped in another dimension. The least he could have done to her was prevent scout from signing the MVM contract.

Heavy feels no remourse, he is a merciless killing machine. He was built to be a monster. And monsters had no feelings, or so he thought. Life was tough for heavy since his birth, he had to become what he is to live. Heavy does enjoy killing, but he never asked for it. He took the job to protect his family, all the money he earns is sent back home to bribe his family out of the Gulags. ‘it is sad day’ A single tear ran through heavy’s cheek as he imagined their fate.

Soldier seemed to be the only one enjoying this trip, it was a new chance for him to prove himself. A whole new world full of opportunity. He had no family, no friends, no lovers to grief for. Everyone back there thought he was a lunatic or a psychopath. He was rejected from the army, rejected from society and now completely rejected from planet earth. It was ok though, he hated them all anyways, especially his short tempered roommate Merasmus.

"Oy Mates, I am back. found this juicy fat thing ‘round the woods… Huh? why are you’all looking cranky?" Sniper grabbed everyone’s attention. He approached the camp and laid the dead animal near the fire.

"Oh thank god, heavy is hungry" said the heavy.

"Hmmm, sehr interesting. I have never seen a creature like zis before. Looks fat and juicy.""

"Be sure to leave something for scout, he’s not here yet." said spy in a very monotone voice.

Medic eagerly skinned and sliced the meat into smaller pieces, he was experienced with this sort of work. Sniper then expertly roasted the meat over the campfire, and served his teammates.

*****

A couple of minutes later, scout jumped down from the trees without any warning “Got good news fellas, I've found a source of lights behind the hill north of here. Am pretty sure it’s a village" the scout announced.

"Good work scout. Things are finally looking up.” cheered the soldier, as he munched on the burnt meat.

“Anyway, what took you so long?" he asked

"Can I have some of that stuff? I am frickin' hungry." The scout explained and reach for his share of food.

"Here you go, mate."

Scout had took a bite from his food and tasted it. "Hmm this tasted pretty good. And it is strangely sweet… What is it?"

"We had a boiling debate about that earlier. I don't know what it is. But the medic says its a pony because it has equine anatomy or some bloody thing like that."

"It iz a pony. I am sure of it."

"No it isnt, ponies aren't purple and they sure as hell don't have bloody grape tattoos on their bums." answered the sniper, mouth full of meat.

“Woa Woa Woa. If we dont know what we’re eating. It could be poisonous or something... Right doc?”

“If it tastez good, your body vants it. Do not vorry scout.”

Although scout was suspicious he took another bite. He couldn't help himself, this meat was good and he was very hungry.

*****

Only bones and skin remained of the unfortunate pony. Even the brain was not spared. it was eaten raw by soldier, he thinks it gives him immense strength.

The good meal restored a bit of optimism. They were here to start a new life after all.

"Let’s hit the hay, men. Tomorrow’s morning we will head up North to that village. And we will befriend the crap out of that village until it surrenders. Goodnight." the soldier declared.

The mercs took their much needed sleep. Tomorrow, their new life begins.