• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 2,652 Views, 74 Comments

Step-Parents - Azreale



It was bad enough that Twilight's parents decided to get a divorce. What's worse is that they've each found a new special somepony - and she's not pleased when she finds out who they are.

  • ...
12
 74
 2,652

Chapter Four

“And that there’s the Quills and Sofas store, it’s run by Davenport – oh, he’s such a nice guy. He’s always saying hello to everypony that passes by!”

“Well hey there, Rarity! Hello to you too, sir! Fine day we’re having, isn’t it?” The tan earth pony proprietor called out the door, waving to Rarity and Night Light. Both returned the wave, and Night Light felt a sense of community that he had not ever felt in his life.

“Wow Rarity, I had no clue that Ponyville was so nice! I would have come to visit Twily a lot more if I had known it was like this! It’s just so different from Canterlot! I mean, aside from the obvious reasons.” He looked from his own horn to Rarity’s, noticing that it was thin and very beautifully spiraled.

“Oh? How so? Aside from the obvious.” She asked, laughing. The sound was angelic.

“Well, everypony in Canterlot just… sticks to themselves. They have their group of friends, or family, or whatever, and they don’t let anypony else in. Here… everypony is so friendly! You really feel welcome! Remind me later to tell the Mayor what a fantastic little town she has.” Night Light smiled at Rarity’s smile.

“I shall. I’m glad to hear that you like it. We here in Ponyville strive for excellence! Oh, and over here, you’ll see the hospital. Doctor Stable runs it, he’s truly amazing. Though I’d watch out for some of the nurses there – especially that nasty Coldheart mare, she really lives up to her name! And here is the last stop on our journey, and might I say, my favorite building here in town,” Rarity ran forward and threw her forearms into the air theatrically, “The chic, unique and magnifique… Carousel Boutique!” To Night Light, the building in particular wasn’t anything special or amazing, at least on the outside. While it was a little more decorated than some of the other plainer places that he had seen around town, nothing about it jumped out at him, but he still smiled wide at Rarity’s enthusiasm.

“Wow, alright… Carousel Boutique. It’s a… dress shop, then?” He hazarded a guess. Rarity placed her arms back on the ground and started to walk towards the door.

“Oh, much more than just a dress shop, my dear. Here, my artistic freedom is… free! Free to do whatever it pleases! Dresses, suits, accessories… anything that one’s heart could dream up, I can create!” She squealed with delight. Night Light raised a humored eyebrow.

“I see. Well, why don’t you show me some of your stuff? Twily told me that you might want me to model for you, or that you would volunteer to make me a suit when I met you-“

“Oh my goodness!” Rarity interrupted, running back to Night Light, grabbing his face, and bringing her own muzzle uncomfortably – or rather, comfortably – close. “You are so right, my darling! I apologize for not offering sooner! I was so caught up in listening to your charming stories of Canterlot that I completely forgot!” The mare looked like she was about to have a panic attack. Night Light gently pushed the unicorn back down and concealed a laugh.

“Don’t worry, Rarity. I understand. If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, I wouldn’t say no to a couple of new suits. Most of the ones I have now, I’ve worn to various occasions already…” He hesitated, biting his lower lip hard, and Rarity noticed a tear. “Occasions that I went to with Velvie.”

“Oh, my darling!” Rarity moved in, hugging him tightly. “Do not think such awful thoughts, please! Come along now, hurry inside – I’ll make you a new suit on the spot! You can help me design it and everything! Does that sound alright?” Her eyes were wide and hopeful, and her smile almost faltered when Night Light didn’t react. But his face visibly eased after a few moments, and he nodded.

“That sounds spectacular. Thank you, Rarity.” The pair resumed their walking, and Night Light could swear that Rarity’s eyelids lowered in a seductive manner ever-so-slightly.

“Think nothing of it, darling. Please, let’s go inside.” Night Light swung the door open with his magic, and bowed his head low.

“After you, Madame.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Now, stop it with the overreactin’, Spike! Your dad wouldn’t do somethin’ like that, especially so soon after he separated from your mom. You’re bein’ silly.” Applejack scolded, shaking her head. “I don’t even know how you got that idea in your head. Your dad, hittin’ on Rarity?” The three remaining mares at the table laughed as Pinkie Pie smacked Spike playfully on the back, earning a pained oof from him.

“Yeah Spike! I mean, just because Rarity has a thing for older upper class, rich, kind and sweet, noble stallions that know how to treat a lady doesn’t mean that she’s gonna go out with him!” The pink earth pony laughed even louder than before, smacking the table with one hoof. Applejack didn’t think it was possible, but Spike deflated even more.

“Pinkie,” She said plainly, fixing her with a glare. “You ain’t helpin’.”

“Oh Spike, I believe that I know Rarity better than anypony else here does – n-no offense to you girls – and I do not think that she would ever date one of her best friend’s fathers. It’s just not like her… besides…” Fluttershy’s voice dropped to an even lower whisper, “She has a thing for Fancy Pants.”

“So THAT’S’S why she was so interested in him when Night Light mentioned his name!” Pinkie’s eyes went conspiratorially wide for a fleeting moment before she started grinning and squeezed her eyes shut again, looking as happy as can be, “Either that, or she’s just got the hots for your dad!”

“Pinkie Pie!” Applejack grumbled again, clearly not pleased with their friend, “That’s enough outta you! Poor Spike here looks like he’s on the verge of tears!” Sure enough, the dragon was obviously fighting back his feelings as he hung his head low. “You gonna be okay, sugarcube? You want us to take ya back home?”

“Nah, it’s fine, I guess… I’ll just walk there myself.” He mumbled, getting up and turning to leave without looking at their concerned faces. “Thanks for lunch, girls. I’ll talk to ya later.” Spike started walking. Fluttershy, Pinkie and Applejack exchanged worried glances with each other.

“Okay sugarcube, if you’re sure. Call us if ya need anything, we’ll be there in a jiffy.” Applejack called with a frown.

“Bye Spike… sorry I couldn’t be of more help…” Fluttershy whispered, her face hidden behind a sheet of pink hair.

“See ya! Try not to think about how your one true love might soon be your stepmom!” Pinkie hollered, waving frantically at his back. Applejack noticed the dragon go rigid for a second before taking another shaky step forward.

The last thing that Spike heard before he got out of earshot was Applejack scolding Pinkie for saying such harsh things, and Pinkie retorting with mentioning that she was only speaking the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Now, do you have any particular colors in mind for your garment?” Rarity asked as she whisked around her shop, pulling out various sewing equipment, threads and fabrics. “Oh, and what about cloth, do you prefer silk or velve-“ She immediately stopped and put a cautious hoof to her mouth at Night Light’s sudden slumped posture. “I-I’m sorry, I forgot-“

“It’s fine,” Night Light interrupted, waving her off and putting on a fake smile. “The word is still a word, even if it is the name of my,” He swallowed hard, “Ex-wife. Silk is fine. I like how smooth it feels on my coat.” Rarity nodded and began slinking towards him, fabrics and needles in tow.

“Smooth indeed, I love the feeling of silk pyjamas on a Sunday morning. Then again, who doesn’t?” The unicorn giggled as she began taking Night Light’s measurements. The stallion noticed how close she got to him to take them, and strangely enough, he didn’t mind it one bit. Silence overtook the studio as Rarity moved in front of him, taking chest measurements. “Now then, you never answered the question about the colors. Do you have a preference in mind?” When he was silent for a moment, Rarity gazed up at him questioningly. “Darling?”

“Oh, huh, what?” Night Light snapped back from staring in the mirror –and the nicely shaped rear that was staring back at him – to looking at the owner of said nicely shaped rear. “What was it that you were saying?” Rarity didn’t reply, instead turning around and looking at herself in the mirror – and noticing, almost embarrassingly, that her nicely shaped rear was poised high in the air. She immediately straightened, coughing awkwardly and smoothing down her mane.

“Um, I-I was asking about colors…” She started, her white face being overtaken by a red blush.

“Oh, whatever you think is best… I’ll trust your judgement… what… do you think would go good with my color?” Night Light smiled awkwardly, showing a bit too much teeth and not enough sincerity. He was mortified with himself that he was caught staring at the flanks of his daughter’s friend.

“Oh, well I think that perhaps a royal purple… or maybe a dark gray tinged with yellow. That would look splendid!” Rarity seemingly forgot all about the awkward mishap and trotted away from him to pull out some gray and yellow fabrics. “You know, I am so glad that you came to visit here! None of the other girls are ever up for modelling! And they almost always refuse me when I offer to make them a dress!”

“I’m glad I came to visit too. Even if Twily couldn’t stay, I’m still honored that I got to meet her friends. I’m especially honored that I was able to spend my day with the Element of Generosity herself.” Night Light was rigid and nearly sweating once the words left his mouth as he waited a moment for her to reply. That moment felt like a lifetime to him, but all his fears seemed to melt away as he saw a smile trying to hide itself on her face. As Rarity's back was turned away from him, Night Light's horn lit up.

“Oh please, darling! You’re the father of a Prince and Princess! Spending time with little old me is nothing special!”

“Oh, I beg to differ, Rarity! You’re absolutely special! I could think of nopony else that I would rather spend my time with than the most beautiful unicorn in town,” He stepped off of the pedestal that she had placed him on earlier and started sauntering over to her. His horn stopped glowing. Rarity didn’t move a muscle.

“B-But I’m just Rarity… I’m one of Twilight’s best friends…” Rarity stuttered, trying to think clearly. Night Light hesitated at the mention of his daughter’s name, and he fought the urge to turn tail and run away, ashamed of himself for thinking of such a beautiful, pure mare like her in such a way. Ashamed, and a little bit thrilled.

“N-Night Light, honestly,” Rarity scolded gently as she hid her face a bit, but even as she did, Night Light could see her growing blush and growing smile. He had something of his own growing as well.

“Rarity, please tell me if I’m being too forward, but I would like to take you back to my room at Twilight’s library and do terrible, unmentionable things to you.” Night Light covered the distance between them, his eyes wide as he searched her face. Shock and surprise were, obviously, the most prevalent of her visible emotions, but he could see, deep underneath, a carnal wanting was fighting to get out.

“Darling, I-I don’t know about this-“ Rarity hesitated. “We’ve only just truly met… it wouldn’t be appropriate in the slightest…”

“Rarity.” He put a hoof to her lips, stopping her from speaking further. “I know that what I am asking is completely immoral and inappropriate, and if word got out, two of my children would be very upset with me. But I’m going to be frank… Rarity, in the last six months, Velvet has withheld all womanly pleasures from me, and since seeing you and your nicely shaped rear, I can’t help but to think about being with you.” Rarity almost thought that he was joking, but the serious, determined look on his face told her that he wasn’t. She laughed nervously as she pawed the ground, weighing her options.

On one hoof, she could go with him, experience pleasures that she had never experienced before, and possibly start a beautiful, strange new relationship with a wealthy, experienced, handsome stallion who obviously had feelings for her and could probably fulfill her every desire.

On the other hoof, she could stay here in lonely solitude all evening long and watch as Sweetie Belle wrecked her home with her two friends.

Rarity didn’t have to be asked twice. She lunged at Night Light, not caring that her beloved, expensive fabrics tumbled onto the messy ground, and her lips met their mark. The two stayed connected for a long time until Night Light pulled away, gasping for air.

“Let’s go,” He ordered, turning and trotting to the door. Rarity took a brief moment to squeal with delight before skipping happily after him eagerly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Spike swung open the library door, sighing loudly to himself. He had managed not to cry in front of the girls, but he wasn’t so sure that he could hold back the waterworks when he was alone. The baby dragon walked to the windows and pulled the blinds shut, sending shadows into every corner of the room. He hung up the “Closed” sign on the front door afterwards just to be safe. Spike slumped down in one of the multiple library reading chairs and placed his head in his hands, letting the first few tears fall down.

“What am I gonna do?” He moaned sadly, thinking of his lost love, the most beautiful unicorn in the land, in the arms of another man. “There’s no hope for me now, I should just-“ Spike stopped, hearing a familiar voice outside the library door.

“Oh perfect, Spike put up the closed sign before he left. Now we won’t be disturbed.”

Rarity?” Spike thought to himself, standing up and moving closer to the door. All of a sudden, it swung open, startling the baby dragon and causing him to jump backwards, directly into one of the shadows.

“Excellent. I don’t want any interruptions.” Another manlier voice growled seductively. Spike’s innocent, virgin eyes went wide at the sight of his father and his true love locking lips, the door slamming shut behind them due to Night Light’s magic. The two nearly fell over on the ground as they tripped over each other’s legs, neither wanting to let the other go. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this.”

“I agree darling; there is absolutely nothing that could ruin this for us… except for-“ Rarity looked up and around as she heard a loud thump near them. Her sharp eyes scanned the library for a fallen book, or something of the nature, when they finally rested on a short figure lying rigid and unconscious on the ground to their right. Night Light peered up to see what she was looking at, and both stallion and mare yelled the same thing at the same time;

“SPIKE?!”

Author's Note:

Hohoho, layin' on the sauce.