• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,960 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,960

Chapter 7-b: Taking a Breather (Pt. 2)

(A Visitor in the Workshop)

Tails the fox was back in his workshop preparing and planning for the battle that was to come, but he was also doing his best to get over Metal Sonic outsmarting him and destroying his tracking bug earlier.

“Darn that Metal Sonic, I can’t believe that he figured out my plan so quickly and ruined my bug. It takes me days to to create those. ‘Sigh’ Oh well, at least now we know where Eggman’s hideout is. We can finally find out what he’s up to.

Just then, Tails realized a slight flaw in his planning.

“Wait a minute; if his base is in that deep forest, I can’t fly in with the Tornado. so we’ll have to go there on foot. Well that’s perfect.”

Suddenly, Tails heard a soft clanging of metal sounds nearby and quickly looked behind him. But he didn’t see anything as he scratched his head, “Huh, that’ weird. I could’ve sworn that I heard something.”

He then slowly turned back around while shifting eyes around. He went back to what he was doing; tinkering with one of his inventions, until he then heard loud clanging sounds of some of his possessions falling nearby. He jumped in shock and then took out a wrench in his hand ready to defend himself.

“Sh-sh-show yourself.”

No one still appeared to be there, but Tails wasn’t believing that for one second. He kept looking around in the sound’s direction, but from behind, a shadow rose up and then shouted, “HI THERE!”

Tails screamed and it caused him to throw the wrench upwards and got stuck on a pipe. He fell down and was trying to keep his heart calm; and when he looked behind him, he saw one of their other worldly friends grinning at him.

“Surprise! Were you surprised?! Please tell me you were surprised?! I just love surprising other ponies… and foxes… well, everyone actually!”

“Pinkie Pie?” said Tails, “What are you doing here?”

“Well… I saw that no one was following you after we separated to take a breather and all, and I thought that it was kinda sad that no one went with you to hang out with you, even your own friends, while you relaxed!”

“Right, relax,” said Tails sarcastically, “Didn’t Knuckles go on his own too; and Sonic; and your fast pegasus friend?”

“Well, Rainbow Dash and your hedgehog friend seem like the kind to be on their own to go around with their speed and all, so we should give them their space. And don't worry about Knuckles, Twilight and Spike are with him.”

“How do you even know that?” Tails questioned.

“Hmm… just a hunch I guess. Anyway, after thinking really, really hard, I thought to myself… hey, that cute little two-tailed fox might need someone to keep him company. So… I decided to follow you! Isn’t that great?!”

“Yeah, great.”

Suddenly, the the wrench on the ceiling came loose and bonked Tails on top of head. Pinkie smiled nervously and said, “Oopsie, sorry.”

“By the way,” said Tails while rubbing his head, “that’s not the only main reason that you came here, isn’t it?”

“Okay, you got me. I also came here because I was fascinated by all the stuff here in your workshop place earlier, and I had to come back for a closer look… like that thing over there!”

Pinkie suddenly hopped over one of Tails’ devices and was holding it up with hooves admiring it closely.

“H-h-hey, be careful with that!” shouted Tails as he was running over to Pinkie in slight panic.

Pinkie then saw something else that caught her attention, “Ooh, and look at that thing!”

She zipped over to it letting go of what she was holding, and Tails had to quickly catch it. He then looked over and saw Pinkie poking at his computer monitor that he uses for surveillance purposes and tried to stop her again.

“Th-that’s a very technical piece of equipment; stop!”

There were many things in that workshop that attracted Pinkie very easily, and to Tails it was like she was everywhere at once hopping from one area to another.

“Shiny, shiny, shiny! Very shiny things!”

“Come on! Why are you doing this! Stop being so jumpy!”

Suddenly at one point, Tails lost track of her not seeing her anywhere. “Hey, where did she…”

He suddenly looked up on the ceiling where Pinkie was hanging on a huge laser pistol that was separated from its power supply.

"Hey, what does this do?!" said Pinkie poking at it.

"How in the world did you get up there?!" shouted Tails.

"Duh, silly, I climbed! Isn't it that obvious?"

"Well... do you think you could come down from there? I don't want you to break anything… or anyone… like yourself."

Pinkie just smiled and said, "Okie dokie lokie!"

Tails arched his eyebrow. "Wha?"

Pinkie then jumped and landed safely on her hooves. But the vibration from her landing made a plant sitting on a nearby window swivel around. Tails suddenly panicked, "Oh no!" He then suddenly rushed past Pinkie as the Plant finally tipped over and fell. But Tails slid down on the ground and caught it just before it hit the pavement. "I caught her. 'whew' That was close."

Pinkie was scratching her head trying to figure out what was going on, "Did you freak out over a potted plant? And did you just call it a her? I mean, I know plants are precious and are a wonderful thing in nature and maintain oxygen in our living breathing spaces of air or something like that; but I don’t think a knocked over plant is anything to worry that much over."

"You don't understand, Pinkie,” said Tails as he was getting up, “Cosmo isn't just a potted plant."

"Looks like one to me,” Pinkie responded, “And you named it Cosmo; how cute!"

"No, I mean... she's an actual being. I know it might be hard to believe, but Cosmo is actually a real living alien."

"Get out of here!” Pinkie gasped, “Really?"

“Yeah, she was the last of her kind, a race called the Seedrians. We were her only chance for survival.”

From the way Tails was going on, Pinkie got excited knowing what was happening, “Oh my gosh; backstory time!”

“About more than a year ago, we were all at war with the very aliens that wiped out Cosmo’s race, the Metarex. Their leader Black Oak was actually another seedrian who went corrupt and mad with power. They planned to wipe out different planets throughout the galaxy by draining their life energy.”

“Ooh, sounds super scary.”

“It was a bit scary and they were very powerful. Even with the Chaos Emeralds we barely held our own. But in the end, Cosmo discovered her inner power and used it to sacrifice herself by transforming into a blooming tree to contain Dark Oak’s power. It was then that we had to… well, you know… take it out… with her still hold it back If it weren’t for her, the entire galaxy would have been doomed.”

“Wow, short story, but my mind is still blown.”

“Afterwards, her seeds spread throughout the galaxy that hopefully will revive her race.” Tails then placed the plant back on its windowsill where the sun was basking it with its light, “This plant from one of her seeds is all I have left to remember her by. I still miss her, but… I’m getting by.”

Suddenly, Tails turned around and saw a huge flow of tears coming from Pinkie’s eyes, “Are you crying?”

“That was the most beautiful sad story I’ve ever heard!” Pinkie sobbed, “Someone you loved very much sacrificing herself to save everyone and you only have something to remember her by! That so sad!”

“Y-yeah, well… that was a while ago,” said Tails, “I should just be happy that the whole galaxy is not destroyed.”

Pinkie then zipped up beside Tails smiling and patting him on his back, “That’s the spirit, fox boy! Just keep on smiling and don’t let anything get you down!”

“You recovered quick.”

“But hey, if you guys faced an entire evil alien army and survived, then helping us to stop Solar Dusk should be a snap for you guys!”

“You really think so?” said Tails sweating a bit, “He seemed very intimidating.”

Pinkie gave Tails a little light noogie on his head and then blew a little party blower that made Tails jump a little, “Oh don’t let his tough and evil personality scare you. If anything looks scary its the face of that evil scientist that you and the others fight against all of the time.”

Tails started to laugh liking Pinkie’s joke. He knew that he and friends think that all the time, “That’ sure true. Thanks, Pinkie, you really know how to give someone a good laugh when they feel a bit down. You know, maybe it is a good thing you did come over after all.”

“Told ya! And since that Cosmo girl has moved on, maybe you should move on to another girl. Like a certain rabbit girl?”

Tails noticed the slight wiggly-eyed look that she was giving him, and then he suddenly blushed while turning away, “What?! Oh don’t be silly, Pinkie. I-its nothing like that.”

“You can’t fool this pony. I heard how you talked about her when we mentioned her to you earlier. Not to mention that silly Angel bunny being a bit jealous of you.”

“Oh yeah,” said Tails, “Was that what he was growling at me for? Weird.”

Tails then realized the trinket around Pinkie’s neck, "Hey, isn’t that one of the Elements of Harmony that you’re wearing around your neck?"

"Yep, this is the Element of Laughter... my element! Pretty neat, huh?"

Tails had turned around rummaging through his tools as responded, "Yeah, and I'm guessing that your friends have the others. Maybe I could study them to understand them more... w-w-with all of your permission that is."

Just then, the subject changed very quickly as Tails turned back around and saw that Pinkie was gone again. But then he looked outside and saw her sitting in his plane toggling at the controls, “Ooh, awesome plane! Mind If I ride in it for a bit?!”

Tails held his head thinking to himself, “Oh boy.”

---------

(A Shadow among Kindness)

“Whoa.”

Cream and Cheese brought Fluttershy along with Angel to a huge open field in the Grass Hill zone that was covered in many different flower types. Almost any type of flower that came to Fluttershy’s mind it was there, and she was completely at a lost for words.

“So… what do you think?” asked Cream with a proud smile.

‘Chao chao?’

“I’m… speechless,” Fluttershy responded, “This meadow is unlike any I’ve ever seen.”

Angel suddenly dived into the flowers sniffing as much of them as he could. He never witnessed such a beautiful field of flowers in his life.

“Well, Angel definitely seems to love it too,” Fluttershy chuckled.

“My Mother and I sometimes come to this meadow just to enjoy its scenery and smell the lovely flowers. Oh, and Cheese loves it too of course.”

‘Chao!’

“I can’t blame any of you,” said Fluttershy as she continued to stare at the magnificent sight, “Being in this place really gives you peace of mind, doesn't it?”

Angel was happily munching on a flower and released a little belch in response.

“Mmm-hmm,” said Cream nodding her head, “Its places like this that makes living around here worthwhile. But.. they always at risk of being ruined whenever Eggman is up to no good. That’s one main reason of why I’m so looking forward to helping you guys re-capture Solar Dusk again. Who knows what might happen to this place i he has his way.”

‘Chao chao chao!’

Talking about Solar Dusk again brought the confrontation moment of the evil pony back in Fluttershy’s mind. She was still worried about it and didn’t know whether or not she would want Cream to go along with her and her friends.

“Y-y-yeah, um… Cream? Are you… at all worried of what Solar Dusk might do to you… you know… about what you did to him?”

Cream looked up at Fluttershy with a light scowl as she said, “What do you mean? You mean that threat that he made towards me, Cheese and Angel? Of course not! You’re not worried, are you?”

“N-No! W-well… uh…”

Cream understood that she was worried for her, but she knew that she should also know that she was tough and that she didn’t need protecting. “Come on, Miss Shy, who care what that meanie says, we won’t let him bring us down. Together, we’ll be more than a match against him!”

Cheese was right there agreeing with her.

‘Chao chao chao chao!’

Fluttershy also saw Angel looking up at her with his arms crossed and tapping his foot probably thinking that Fluttershy should know better than this. Fluttershy then smiled and said, “Y-y-you’re right, what was I thinking worrying about the safety of my friends? We’ll be friends if we stick together, right?”

“That’s right! So lets just relax and unwind and then worry about what happens next later.”

Cream then began running ahead of Fluttershy through the flower field with Cheese right behind her. Fluttershy looked down at Angel who was just waiting to see waht she would do. FLuttershy just chuckled and picked up Angel and placed him on her back. She then ran ahead towards where Cream and Cheese were running. They soon caught up with them and tried to tag Cream, but she tripped and ran into Cream causing them all to fall down on the ground. Cream looked over at Fluttershy and there was a moment of silence. Then suddenly, they both started to laugh together along with Cheese and even Angel. They were surprisingly having a good time.

“See, isn’t this fun?!” said Cream.

“Yeah, it is!” said Fluttershy, “You must have a lot of fun here.”

“Lots and lots!” said Cream, “I wouldn’t give up this place for almost anything in the world!”

‘Chao!’

Fluttershy was quite pleased to see Cream and Cheese feeling happy despite was ahead for them. But she then began to wonder about a certain fox and the possibility of a crush developing.

“Hey, Cream? What’s the story between you and Tails?”

Angel was suddenly at full attention wondering if Cream indeed had any feelings towards the two tailed fox. And Cream just looked at Fluttershy“What do you mean?”

“I mean… well, maybe I should mind my own business.”

Cream didn’t mind such a question. In fact, she was quite curious. “No, its okay. What are you talking about?”

“Are… you and Tails an item? You know… together?”

Cream suddenly realized what Fluttershy meant and her cheeks blushed a little as she responded, “O-oh, um… w-well, we are friends, but I never thought whether or not we liked each other more than that. Why do you ask?”

“Just curious I guess…” said Fluttershy smiling, “after seeing you and your friends together.”

Just then, Angel got distracted as his ears went up sensing someone nearby. Fluttershy noticed as he hopped off of her and was facing a certain direction.

“What is it, Angel?”

Another creature from this world was slowly approaching them. A black and red hedgehog wearing a determined stare; and all he said was, “So… you’re one of those creatures from another world.”

“Another hedgehog?” said Fluttershy, “Who is he?”

Of course Cream and Cheese knew who he was and told her. “That’s Shadow. He’s a real mixed character. Sometimes he’ll be a friend, and sometimes he’ll be against us. He’s kinda hard to figure out overall.”

‘Chao chao.’

Looking at the dark hedgehog closer, he beared a slight similar resemblance to Sonic, the other male hedgehog that she met earlier. She thought to herself, “Is he and Sonic related? I wonder…”

Of course Angel, rushing to judgement was lightly growling trying to be protective of the young females.

“If you’re looking for Sonic, Mister Shadow,” said Cream, “I’m afraid that he’s not here.”

When Shadow was close enough, he stop and responded, “I didn’t come here for Sonic. I was informed about these other-dimensional creatures that came here and that they possess great power. Obviously seeing who you were, I highly doubted it. But after I heard that you all went against Eggman and won, you’ve suddenly peaked my interest.”

Fluttershy was feeling a bit confused as she asked, “Um… is that a good thing?”

Angel didn’t like the tone of Shadow’s voice and tried to jump up to kick his face. But as he struck, Shadow suddenly vanished causing him to miss and fell back down onto the ground on his face.

“I think you went a little overboard, Angel,” Cream shouted out.

“Wait, where did that black hedgehog go?” said Fluttershy.

Shadow suddenly re-appeared right behind Cream and Fluttershy not feeling amused of Angel’s actions against him.

“Does your little pet have a problem with me?” he asked.

“S-s-sorry about Angel,” said Fluttershy awkwardly, “He tends to jump the gun on certain situations sometimes.”

Angel came back wobbling from his landing feeling a little dizzy; then he just fell back on the ground beside Fluttershy.

“I heard that you and your comrades came here because of a new threat,” said Shadow, “Someone named Solar Dusk, right?”

“R-right,” said Fluttershy, “H-how did you know?”

“Rouge informed me that she spied on the Doctor in his base and saw Solar Dusk when he arrived. According to her, they’re up to something big… as if that’s a big surprise.”

“Who’s Rouge?” Fluttershy wondered.

Hearing that Shadow knew about Solar Dusk already, Cream eagerly asked him, “Do you know what they’re planning?”

‘Chao chao chao?’

Shadow lightly shook his head, “It’s hard to say. Rouge was planning to find out more, but then she saw that chameleon guy go in and she didn’t want to ruin her cover. That was almost an hour ago.”

Cream was now feeling a bit worried that Espio was inside Eggman’s base for that long. She looked over at Fluttershy with a worried face, “Do you think Espio is okay?”

“I hope so,” Fluttershy responded.

“Whoever this Solar guy is,” said Shadow, “I have to admit… he seems pretty powerful. He’ planning for some sort of revenge…" He then turn his gaze to Cream, "mainly.... against you. You must've done something pretty foolhardy to make this guy this pissed against you.”

The worried thoughts began to come back to Fluttershy's head. This truly confirmed that what she thought was true and that Solar Dusk was planning something to get back at her. However, Cream had on a serious face and still didn’t look worried at all. “Well I don’t care! So what if he wants revenge on me; I’m not going to run away like a little baby! He’s not going to scare me off!”

And Cheese agreed.

‘Chao chao chao!’

Shadow soon noticed the the trinket around Fluttershy’s neck. He was feeling great power coming from it ever since he got near her. “What’s that around your neck?”

“Oh, this?” said Fluttershy holding the trinket in her hooves, “Its my Element; the Element of Kindness. My friends and I bear the Elements of Harmony which are very powerful and keep our world in balance.They’re also the key to helping us capture Solar Dusk, so… that’s all… I think.”

“Hmph, just be careful... all of you,” said Shadow nonchalantly as he turned away from them, “Villains like these always tend to pull out nasty surprises.” He then began to walk away without looking back, “Well, I’ve seen all that I wanted. I guess I'll be going now.”

“Wait, Mister Shadow!” shouted Cream, “Uh… why don’t you help take down Solar Dusk with us? We could use your help.”

Shadow stopped and turned back around to say, “No thanks. You all seem to have it under control, and its really none of my business anyway. Besides… hanging out with kind souls like you… might be bad for my morale.”

“Was… that suppose to be a compliment?” said Fluttershy as Shadow walked off.

Cream just shrugged, “I think so. See, I told you he a bit hard to figure out sometimes.”

‘Chao chao.’

Fluttershy lightly chuckled, “Yeah, no kidding.”

But unknown to Fluttershy and Cream, Shadow also knew about the carvings inside the where the mysterious portal lied. He questioned about it to himself for a while, but now seeing the the trinket Fluttershy was wearing, it was becoming more clear to him.

"The Elements of Harmony, huh? So they are the ones that represent those carvings that I saw inside that cave. But still... what does it mean?"

-------------

As time was going by, unknown to our heroes. Eggman and Solar Dusk was making much better progressed then they both thought possible. Their plan was advancing faster than either of them would’ve imagined.

“Ho ho ho ho ho, finally… it is done!" shouted Eggman, "Our greatest achievement! None of this would’ve been possible without either of our cooperation!”

“Well that’s something we can both actually agree on," said Solar Dusk, "I hate to admit it, but I would’ve never gotten this far with my plans without your scientific expertise.”

“Of course you wouldn’t! I’m perfect, you’re perfect; and together we’re twice the perfectionists!”

Solar Dusk just rolled his eyes and sighed, “Y-y-yeah, whatever. Let’s see them now.”

Eggman couldn’t wait to show off their finished work, “You won’t be disappointed! Orbot, unveil… the masterpieces!”

After Orbot pulled down a lever, some multiple metal compartments came down in front of them. They all opened with steam pouring out; and suddenly… Solar Dusk saw a sight that made his jaw drop.

“No… way.”

He saw a group robotic individuals slowly step out of each compartment with red glowing lights shining from their eyes that were fixated on their creators.

“So… what do you think?” said Eggman proudly, “Quite the achievement, right?”

Solar Dusk was at a loss for words for a second, but suddenly a small, grim smile appeared on his face as he said, “Yes, quite the achievement indeed.”

“I cannot believe that these things could look so terrifying,” shuddered Orbot.

“I’m about to ink up something fierce!” Cubot added.

Solar Dusk approached his creations looking upon their brilliant manufacturing, and he couldn’t help but feel so ecstatic inside himself. “This is... absolutely perfect! How fulfilling it will be when those foolish ponies find out that the key to their success will soon be the key to their destruction.”

Deep in the shadows of a corner at the top of the room, someone was watching and saw everything that had happened there. Espio the Chameleon was in camouflage mode spying on Eggman and Solar Dusk being careful to not get caught. but after seeing what he saw, he began sweating as his heart was beginning to race.

“Oh no, this is worse than I thought. I need to tell the others... fast.”

--------

Sonic was out and about running free through the wind like he always has. To most it would feel repetitive, but for him it was all he needed to feel good about his day.

“Yeah, smell that fresh air!” he said while stopping atop of a slanted hill. “Nothing like a good run to get your blood pumping for a good battle! I wonder if that rainbow mane pegasus really is the fastest in her world? Maybe I could…”

Just then, Sonic had this weird feeling… like something was calling him. He looked around and noticed a familiar cave that was nearby. “Huh, I feel like something calling me from that cave over there. Isn’t that the same cave Cream showed us that had that portal that sent her to that Equestria place?” He was a bit skeptical, but it did leave him curious. “Well, it wouldn’t hurt to look inside there again I guess.”

Sonic ran to the cave and went inside only to find exactly what he saw before. “Well, everything looks the same. The shaped carvings of those elements on the cave wall, and the orb in the middle of them that opened when…” But then, Sonic noticed something different about the portal’s orb, “Wait a minute, it looks different. It looks like… me.”

Sonic saw that where the the orb was located in the middle of the elements’ carvings was suddenly a small silhouette carving of himself. He wasn’t sure what that meant, but it wasn’t something that he couldn’t ignore.

“I wonder what it means? I need to run this by the others soon.”

Eventually, Sonic went back outside pondering what he saw inside the cave… when suddenly he heard a familiar voice call from above, “Ah ha! I finally found you!”

He looked up and saw Rainbow Dash fly down from the sky to greet him. “Oh, hey, Rainbow Dash. You need me for something?”

“Well… I was up there in the clouds just flying around stretching my without a care in the world.”

“Heh, kinda like me on the ground.”

“Yeah, I guess. Anyway, I was doing some tough thinking about something that was on my mind while we were waiting to kick Solar’s butt, and I can’t ignore it anymore!”

Sonic was wondering of what she exactly meant by that statement. “Wh-wh-what are you getting at exactly?”

But what she said came as a slight surprise, but something that he knew eventually couldn’t be avoided.

“Sonic the Hedgehog, I challenge you… to a race!”

Author's Note:

Next time... Its Sonic vs Rainbow Dash!!!
Who will win?