• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,952 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,952

Chapter 14: The 'New' Ruler of Equestria?

(Wow.. it has been a while, hasn't it? Sorry, lots of distractions everywhere. The action continues now!)

Wow… we sure have been through a lot; haven’t we, Cheese?

‘Chao chao chao!’

I never would have thought that we would be able to get through all of this and still be alive. What a rush! I just feel like I can…

(Cheese suddenly notices us and points through the 4th wall towards us and gains Cream’s attention)

‘Chao chao!’

Huh… o-o-oh! Hello there, readers! Welcome back to the story! Cheese and I sure hope that you all know what's going on here in our dangerous adventure to save two worlds! But just in case, I’m sure it won’t hurt to go over everything that has happened up to this point… th-th-the very short version of course.

‘Chao!’

As you all know, Solar Dusk is a very evil unicorn pony from the world of Equestria. He almost got away with creating the means to control others through his dark magic… but failed thanks to me and Cheese… and Miss Shy… and Angel… and Miss Sparkle. But thanks to Eggman, he eventually broke out of prison and escaped into our world to plan his revenge. Miss Sparkle and all of her friends soon came into our world too to find Solar Dusk and take him down; but not until after they found me and my friends and told us everything that had happened.

From there, we were attacked by Eggman, laid low to relax and planned our next move. Also… I-I-I kinda had a little verbal fight with Miss Shy because I felt like she was babying me and saying that she wanted me to stay put while they took down Solar Dusk. Not my finest moment.

‘Chao chao.’

But it only got worse! Once they found Eggman’s base, they were ambushed and placed under Solar Dusk’s control; and I had to watch Solar Dusk do the same to Cheese and my Mom when he came to where I was. Solar Dusk finally had his revenge and I was stuck being held captive by Cheese and my Mom while he and Eggman went to Equestria to carry on with their plan! It was so awful!

But thankfully, I was able escape thanks to Mister Big, Mister Shadow and Miss Rouge; and Cheese and my Mom were freed from Solar Dusk’s control thanks to a Chaos Emerald Mister Shadow had. Oh yeah, that’s right! Turns out that the power of the Chaos Emeralds somehow cancels out Solar’s dark magic. With that fact, we finally had the means to stop him.

While Shadow and Rouge stayed behind, I took the emerald and went to Equestria with Cheese where we eventually ran into Sonic and Knuckles whose minds were actually free of Solar’s dark magic too. Apparently, the chaos energies inside them eventually counteracted his magic hold and they went back to their old selves. Cheese and I were so relieved to have them back on our side. We would hate it if we had to hurt them; well… actually, it's more likely that they would’ve hurt us. Right, Cheese?

‘Chao…’

But anyway, with them back on our side and the possession our acquired emerald, we worked together to save Ponyville from an army of Robots and our magical possessed friends. Even the other citizens of the town lended a helping… hoof as well. Once everyone was back to normal, we filled them in on everything that happened; and thanks to Twilight’s teleport ability, we all headed for Canterlot to go kick Solar Dusk’s butt once and for all! Unfortunately, when a backup army showed up, the Chaotix chose to stay behind to help defend the town. But we didn’t worry. We knew they were very strong and would serve Ponville well.

Wow, that was a lot for me to say… and I only gave the short version. Do you think I did okay, Cheese?

‘Chao chao chao.’

There’s more to everything I just mentioned, but you got the point right? If you don’t, I would recommend starting the entire story over. We can wait. But if you’re ready, it's time that we head into the final conflict in the story; where we face off against Eggman and Solar Dusk in the final battle that will decide the entire fate of… TWO… WHOLE… WORLDS!

Heh… okay, I’m done. Man I’m parched. Wanna grab some juice with me Cheese?

‘Chao!’

------------------

As the Chaotix team carried on their chosen duty to continue protecting Ponyville from Eggman’s forces, Twilight used her magic to transport herself and everyone else with her to Canterlot where their final confrontation with Solar Dusk would take place. The procedure was successful, and everyone appeared in the middle of their destination. Although, Twilight still had to work on her entrance landing. Everyone ended up landing on top of each other in a pile.

“Woohoo! Another successful teleportation!” shouted Pinkie Pie who was on the very top of the pile, “You are on fire, Twilight!”

Everyone else were groaning from the rough landing and the forced weight they had on each other.

“Can anyone explain why I am on the very bottom of this pile?” Knuckles grumbled.

“Aw, don’t feel so down, Knuckles,” Sonic chuckled, “Things happen.”

“Well I wasn’t worried for a second… for the most part,” said Spike as everyone was getting up on their feet, “At least we made it here in one… piece?”

As everyone suddenly looked around in their location, the entire city looked abandoned with no citizen in sight. And to make things seem worse, there was pieces of metal scattered everywhere on the streets and on top of buildings.

“Oh… my… gosh,” Rarity gasped, “What in Celestia’s name happened here?!”

“Is this place the famously known city of Canterlot?” Sonic questioned, “Seems pretty deserted to me.”

“This is Canterlot,” said Twilight in a worried tone, “but… nopony seems to be here.”

“Well seeing all of these robot scraps everywhere,” said Knuckles, “our enemies have definitely been through here.”

With none of the citizens in sight, most of them were assuming that the worst possible outcome had come to pass.

“Wh-where is everypony?” said Fluttershy in a worried tone, “You don’t think they were all… c-captured, do you?

Thinking of everything Solar Dusk had done to her and her family and friends… and then seeing the sight around them, Cream lightly shed a couple of tears; but then lightly scowled and balled up her fists and said, “That mean, ol’... Solar Dsuk. He thinks he can just go through towns and cause destruction wherever and whenever he wants? Who does he think he is?!”

And Cheese was right with her.

‘Chao chao!’

Even Angel was miffed. He just walked over to a scrap piece of metal and lightly growled as he booted it away with his foot.

“Well… it’s nothing much different from what we witness all the time ourselves,” Tails chuckled, “Am I right?”

“Hello?!” Twilight called out loud, “Is anypony there?! Anypony at all?!”

Amy Rose suddenly swung her hammer like a golf club knocking some metal scraps out of the way and stated, “This may not be our world, but trust me when I say that Solar Dusk will pay for all of this. I promise you that.”

Just then amongst the silence, they all heard a single voice call out, “Princess Twilight?!”

“Huh? Wh-who said that?!” said Twilight as she was suddenly looking around.

But then, everyone suddenly looked up behind them in the sky and saw a Pegasus pony coming towards them; and he appeared to be shining in the moonlight from wearing armor that seemed very familiar to the ponies.

“Your majesty,” said the Pegasus as he bowed to Twilight after landing, “thank goodness you’re here; as well as the rest of your friends!” But he suddenly looked closer and saw Sonic and his friends and was caught off guard by them as he thought, ‘Whoa… what strange, peculiar creatures.’

“You’re body is all crystallized,” said Twilight, “and you’re wearing royal armor! So I’m guessing you’re one of Princess Cadence’s royal guards, right? What happened here?”

“Whoa. There’s another princess?” said Cream with glee, “That’s so cool!”

‘Chao chao!’

“Yeah, but technically Twilight is the 4th princess,” said Rainbow Dash, “Cadence was a princess before she was.”

Understanding their reason of being there, the guard told them everything. “The enemy that you seek had already appeared at the Canterlot Palace a while ago. They just came out of nowhere in an attempt to take over. But somehow as they did that, many robot soilders they had suddenly appeared on the city streets and ran rampant terrorizing all of the citizens that were here. But... I’m sure you all could already guess that. But not to worry. Thanks to Princess Cadence and more of my comrades, we were able to defeat the hordes of those mechanical menaces.”

“No kidding,” said Applejack, “you ponies completely demolished them.”

That may be true,’ Sonic thought to himself, ‘but judging by these robot parts, they were all Egg Pawns. I just bet Eggman and Solar Dusk are saving the stronger ones for later.

The guard then continued, “By the order of Princess Celestia, our #1 priority was to evacuate everypony here. So to not waste time, Princess Cadence did something we all didn’t expect; she used her magic and did a teleportation spell on everypony in town! And now, they’re all safe.”

Everyone’s jaw suddenly dropped in shock at the thought of someone having that much power; especially Twilight and her friends.

“Whoa, no way,” said Twilight.

“Looks like somepony has beaten your record, Twilight,” said Spike with a smirk.

“My word!” said Rarity, “Princess Cadence is simply amazing! I guess her love for Canterlot gave her the power to do such a feat!”

“It was quite a feat,” said the guard, “but unfortunately it took almost all of her majesty’s magic to do so; and now… she’s too weak to do anything about this predicament. I’m afraid that it's up to all of you now. But you know… no pressure.”

Possibly having the hope of Cadence brought a smile to Twilight and her friends, but it was quite disappointing to hear that she wasn’t going to be able to join them after all; and Shining Armor was probably right by her side at this moment as well to comfort her as she did for him a couple of days ago when he was badly injured from the Metal Sonic attack.

“No worries,” said Sonic proudly, “that’s exactly what we were expecting anyway. Saving the world; or in this case, worlds… is our specialty. Hopefully, we’ll end all of this at supersonic speed!”

“He is talking about all of us, right?” Spike questioned.

Twilight smiled as she looked back at the soldier and said, “Thank you so much for the good news. You can go tell Cadence that we thank her for what she’s done and that things will be situated around here very soon. Oh... and tell her and Shining hi for me.”

The soldier smiled and proudly bowed as he replied, “Heh, as you wish, Princess. But please… be careful. I sense a strong source of dark magic up ahead from the castle grounds. Best of luck!”

And with that, the soldier took of into the sky and was headed back to the Crystal Kingdom. Twilight then turned into the direction of the palace with pure determination in her eyes. This was the moment they were all waiting for; but were they truly ready?

“Well… there’s no turning back now. Let’s go settle this once and for all.”

----------

Everyone was bravely making their way towards the Canterlot Palace wondering what would await them. But there was no time for self doubts; they couldn't back down now, and they wouldn't. Eventually, they made it to the main gate that led into the castle grounds. Sonic and his friends looked up at it's tall height, but they didn’t seem to hear anything on the other side.

“So the castle grounds are right behind these gates, huh?” said Amy, “So how come I don't hear anything?”

“Yeah, it's so quiet…” said Pinkie sounding suspicious, “maybe too quiet.”

“Don’t say something like that, Pinkie,” said Rarity, “You could jinx us.”

“Sorry, hee hee, but I always wanted to say that!”

“Of course you did.”

Twilight knew of the lock on the gate door and got in front of everyone while stating, “Stand back.” She then used her magic to undo the lock causing the gates to open wide.

Everyone carefully walked in unexpected of what they could see; and what they did see was the wide open castle grounds that seemed to be ruined with potholes and wreckage everywhere. However, there was no one around, and everything seemed to be silent just as they thought it was.

“Pinkie is right;” Spike whispered as he crossed his arms, “it is too quiet.”

“Told ya.”

“I don’t get it,” Twilight stated, “The guard we came across said that this place was a battlefield as we can clearly see. So where is everypony?”

Everyone was feeling a little uneasy seeing no enemy in sight; especially Fluttershy who pulled Cream closer to her and said, “J-just stay close to me, Cream. I don’t know what's about to happen.”

“Don’t worry, Miss Shy,” said Cream with a nervous smile, “I’m not scared.” However after looking around, Cream then latched her arms around Fluttershy stating, “But… I-I-’ll stay close just in case.”

‘Chao…’

Knuckles began to shudder as he was sensing the dark atmosphere around them and lightly grunted as he said, “I’m getting a bad aura from this place. It’s obvious that we’re walking into another trap.”

“What do you make of this, Sonic?” questioned Tails.

And of course, Sonic answered right away. “Well I think we’ve been through enough situations like this to know what happens next. My guess is that the door will close and lock behind us; followed by us suddenly being surrounded by our enemies with no hope of escape.”

Then right at that moment, the gate doors suddenly closed behind them giving them a quick scare. Then in an instant, everyone was suddenly surrounded by by huge groups of Eggman’s robots that suddenly appeared on every side. But not only that, they suddenly saw the entire Royal Guard squadron (minus Shinning who was presently in the Crystal Kingdom) of Princess Celestia accompanying them; and they were all sporting one of Solar Dusk’s gem collars. This was much worse than they imagined.

“Yeah… pretty much like that.”

“Celestia’s entire royal guard is on their side now?!” Applejack exclaimed, “Definitely not good.”

And of course, Twilight and her friends could also see their robotic clones straight ahead of their sight. Everything was happening so fast.

“Look! It's our metal doppelgangers!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “Ooh, how I want to get revenge on those freaky fakes!”

“Don't we all,” said Twilight with a slight scowl, “but be patient.”

Thankfully for them, none of the robots began to attack yet; but their attention soon came to the main top balcony of the castle as some spotlights shined down on it. And then the diabolical scientist, Dr. Eggman stepped out onto the balcony letting out some evil laughter.

“Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho! Greetings! Greetings, one and all! You’re just in time for the grand finale! Nice for you all to make it, although it's quite surprising to see you all here! I figured that you were all still back in Ponyville assisting my bots to capture and enslave the citizens of that pitiful town.”

“Grr… EGGMAN!!!” shouted Knuckles as he raised his fist.

“You've got a lot of nerve taking things this far!” said Amy, “Don’t think that things will go your way for long!”

“Perhaps I would be,” Eggman responded, “but have you forgotten that there’s a second player in this game? Allow me to present to you the very one who made all of this possible! The very one who will soon rule this land and help make me rise to the top! Please put your hands… and hooves together for the one and only… Kiiiiiiiiiiiing Solar Dusk!”

As everyone paid attention, they saw Eggman step to the side as the one they were all after showed up at the edge of the balcony. Solar Dusk was standing there wearing a black and purple armor plating, and a custom made crown housing one of his own gems. And for extra flair, he was even wearing a crimson red cape that flowed with the wind.

“Seriously? A crown and a crimson red cape?” said Spike, “Heh, ego much?”

No one was really impressed of Solar Dusk’s special attire; it just seemed like the usual kind of outfit that most normal villains would wear. However, it didn’t erase the fact of how serious their situation was.

“Really? No applause at all?” questioned Eggman, “No one?! Oh well, guess you can't please everybody.”

Everyone was on edge as they were glaring up at Solar Dusk who was also glaring down on them. He looked at who was in the group that came to oppose him and became quite irritated.

“Unbelievable,” he said in a solemn tone, “Can’t say that I’m surprised though. I knew for a fact that some of my dark magic had disappeared suddenly. At first I believed that it had something to do with that that inferior hedgehog and echidna. But… now I can see the real reason why.”

“He’s talking about you, isn’t he?” Amy whispered to Cream.

“‘fraid so.”

‘Chao chao’

As Solar Dusk glared directly at Cream, he just chuckled lightly to himself, “Heh heh. I don’t know how you were able to escape from your little time out in your world, but it seems that once again I have underestimated you.” Then suddenly, he shouted in a rageful manner, “INSOLENT CHILD!!! You are going wish that you had given up and stayed put!”

“Ooh, somepony’s angry,” said Pinkie in an awkward tone.

Suddenly, Cream came up in the front and stared back at Solar Dusk feeling brave and said, “S-s-stop trying to freak me out, Solar Dusk! I’m getting sick of that and everything else that you’re doing! I told you that you weren’t going to get away with it, and we’re all going to stop you… with this!”

Cream then grabbed the Chaos Emerald from Sonic and held it up in in Solar Dusk’s view.

“What the… a chaos emerald?” he said in slightly shocked manner.

“That’s right!” said Cream with a proud smirk, “Thanks to another friend of mine’s back in our world, we know all about the negative effect these emeralds have on your dark power; and now we’re going to use it to finally stop you!”

Solar Dark looked a little irritated seeing that they discovered his secret somehow. However, he then showed a solemn expression and said sarcastically, “So you found out about that. Good for you.”

“Hoo hoo! They’ve gotten real lucky, haven’t they?” said Eggman.

“You bet we have!” said Sonic, “Thanks to Cream, we were able to free Ponyville from your dominant rule. And now, we’re going to use the same tactic here as well. Looks like you’re going to lose yet again, egg face!”

“It’s Eggman!” Eggman shouted in frustration, “Not egg face, not eggy… Eggman! You’re starting to get on my last nerve, rodent!”

“Isn’t that what I do best?”

Feeling that they were wasting time, Twilight stepped up and demanded, “Enough with the taunting already! I think you know what we want next, Solar Dusk; what have you done with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?! Did you imprison them in their own dungeon? Did you trap them in some weird magic dimension or something?”

Solar Dusk’s solemn expression suddenly changed into a dark, evil sneer as he began laughing to himself. Everyone wasn’t quite sure why he was suddenly laughing before them; but something told them that something unexpected was about to happen.

“You know, you’re random acts of evil laughter are really annoying and totally unnecessary!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“Princess Twilight;” said Solar Dusk with a evil smirk, “now why would I do something like that... when I can do something so much better.”

Solar Dusk’s horn suddenly glowed bright with dark magic, and everyone stood back preparing for whatever he had plan. But then, they suddenly saw two figures appear on both side of Solar Dusk hovering in midair. They were wondering who it was that he summoned; but to Twilight and her friends’ worst fears, it was none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Along with everyone else, Cream stood there in horror wishing for what she was seeing to be false,”Miss Shy… a-are you seeing what I’m seeing?”

“I-I-I see it,” Fluttershy responded, “but... I don’t believe it.”

They were all in total shock of what they were seeing. Why were those two there? Were they Solar Dusk’s prisoners somehow, or was it something else? But they soon saw a little golden bracelet caressed around both of their necks; and their was a dark gem embedded in them. They were truly under Solar Dusk’s control, and the purple color of their glowing eyes more than confirmed it.

“Well, that’s lovely,” said Spike sarcastically.

“This… th-this is… impossible!” Twilight shouted at Solar Dusk, “I don’t care how powerful you are; your dark magic shouldn’t have surpassed theirs!”

“Looks like it did to me!” said Pinkie.

“That’s not exactly helpin’ things fer us, Pinkie,” Applejack complained.

Besides Cream and Cheese, Sonic and his friends were witnessing the appearance of the Royal Sisters for the first time. But it was unfortunate for them to meet them under these circumstances.

“So that’s Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, huh?” said Tails, “They actually seem kinda cool. Although… they would’ve seem cooler without the possession of dark magic.”

“Not to worry, buddy… and pony gals,” said Sonic as he got the emerald back from Cream, “With this chaos emerald, this will be over in no time! Allow me.”

“Sonic, wait!” shouted Twilight.

But Sonic didn’t hear her. He had already took off before anyone could stop him.

“Once again, he he dashes recklessly right into action,” stated Rarity, “He really is just like you, Rainbow Dash.”

“Yep. Wouldn’t have done it any other way.”

The robots in Sonic’s path weren't planning on letting him go by, so they did everything they could to stop him. However, Sonic didn’t let that bother him and kept dodging them easily; and he even bashed through some of them along the way. Solar Dusk was carefully watching him not feeling worried about him at all. He stayed calm and collected. On the other hand, it couldn’t be the same with Eggman as Sonic got higher and nearer to their position.

“Gah, he’s almost here! We must do something!”

Once Sonic was near enough and was aiming toward Solar Dusk, Celestia and Luna suddenly got in Sonic’s path and fired a beam together. But Sonic smirked as he dodged it to the side at the last moment while advancing forward.

“If I can't take out Solar Dusk first,” Sonic shouted, “then I guess I’ll take out you two instead! Consider yourselves… dis-spelled!”

As the sisters were recovering from their last attack, Sonic aimed the Chao Emerald at Celestia and connected it with the gem. A huge power surge was building up between the two forces, and it seemed that Celestia would soon be free from Solar Dusk’s control.

“Mister Sonic did it… he really did it!” Cream said in awe.

Everyone was suddenly cheering Sonic on for his risky and drastic action. It seemed that they could turn this battle around in an instant.

“Oh yeah, That jerk is in trouble now!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

But as Solar Dusk kept watching, a small smirk was hidden from the others as he lightly chuckled to himself, “You’re such a fool.”

Just then, Sonic could feel the emerald’s force against the gem suddenly start to grow weak. “What?!” Then in an instant, the power from the dark gem overcame the emerald’s and repelled it away from it; sending it hurdling over the grounds… and Sonic along with it.

“Sonic!” Amy shouted in worry.

Knuckles quickly took to action as he shouted, “I gotcha!” And he suddenly leapt up in Sonic’s flying path to catch him before landing back down and laying him on the ground.

“Heh… my hero,” Sonic groaned as he chuckled lightly.

Knuckles just crossed his arms and grumbled, “Oh shut up.”

“What the hay just happened?!” Twilight exclaimed, “It didn’t work?! Why didn’t it work?!”

As the rest of Sonic’s friends came over to him, Cream questioned, “Are you okay, Mister Sonic?!”

“Y-y-yeah, I’m fine,” Sonic groaned, “I don’t know what happened, but…” Suddenly, he looked in his hand and saw that the emerald had gone dull and was completely out of energy. “Oh no, the chaos emerald!”

It was then the emerald glowed and then floated out of Sonic’s hand and then vanished into thin air.

“Um… where did that emerald go?” said Pinkie curiously, “Weren’t we going to use that to… you know… beat that meanie’s butt or something?”

“This is not good,” said Knuckles, “I think those gems on the Princesses somehow overpowered the emerald and sapped it of its energy. And now it's returned back to our world. That’s unfortunate.”

“What?! You mean to tell me that our only means to possibly beating this guy is gone?!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

Solar Dusk was enjoying the sight of his enemies in shock and at a state of weakness. He was really looking forward to seeing that ever since they got there.

“Ooh, too bad for all of you,” he chuckled, “Looks like things aren’t exactly going your way… not that it ever was.”

Cream dropped to her knees feeling upset that her chance to finally give Solar Dusk a lesson was ruined. “This can’t be happening. That should’ve worked! We just used that emerald to destroy many of Solar’s gems to free Ponyville! How could the gems on those two not be affected like the others have?!”

To Twilight, there was only one explanation, “He must’ve done something different with those specific gems; but what?”

“You’re right;” Solar Dusk stated, “good hypothesis. But trust me, what I did wasn’t easy; and it wouldn’t have been possible yet again without the help of the Doctor.”

“Of course,” said Eggman, “This is all because of me… again.”

Solar Dusk just rolled eyes and groaned in annoyance.

“So let me guess,” said Sonic, “you’re going to explain to us of how you did it?”

“Well… go on,” said Eggman, “they can’t beat you now; so go on ahead and gloat of how you’ve seized your victory.”

Solar Dusk felt that Eggman was right about his victory and felt that maybe it would make him feel better to brag about what he did. “Very well. After studying a little over the chaos emerald that the Doctor had after seeing what it did to my gems, it was obvious that it needed no place in my ultimate plan. It was quite a disappointment, especially since it’s immense power was unlike anything I had ever experienced. But the more I tried to ignore it, the more I could not ignore it. I hate to had admit it to myself, but I knew that even with my power, facing the princesses would still be a challenge. I knew that if I wanted any chance of true success, I needed to harness some of the emerald’s power if not all of it.”

“But... that shouldn’t matter!” Cream argued, “No matter what you could do, it shouldn’t have worked. If your magic couldn’t bond with the emerald’s energy one way, then it can’t do it at all!”

“Heh, heh. Now you see… that is where you are wrong, little girl.”

“Wut does he mean by that?” said Applejack.

“Eggman showed me a little invention of his called the Egg Splitter; a machine that could extract and transfer energy between objects. As ridiculous as it's named, it proved to be very useful. He used it to extract some of the energy from the emerald in his possession. From there, I took a huge risk to used my magic to change the properties of the extracted energy into my own. Heh, I won’t lie, the process hurt like crazy. As a matter of fact, I almost passed out doing it. But I was able to hold my own and stay unconscious; and in the end, I finally succeeded. I successfully extracted energy from the Chaos Emerald and made it my own. And the ironic thing is that it wasn’t even half the power the emerald contained. However, it was more than what I needed, and I was able to use it to finally create two powerful gems that would bring the Royal Sisters to their knees and under my control. Their very reaction when they became powerless in front of me was the most satisfying moment of my life.”

All that was planned to stop Solar Dusk once and for all was now shattered after he explained everything. Solar Dusk had somehow harness some energy of a Chaos Emerald; and together with his growing dark power, he was now more powerful than ever before. And now he had the support of the Celestia and Luna to boot.

“No… I can’t believe it,” said Cream in fright, “How are we supposed to stop him now?”

“This is nuts!” said Tails who was secretly fascinated, “Solar Dusk’s magic had a negative effect on the emerald itself, but he was able to take extracted energy from it and change it for his own use? Even if it was almost impossible for him to do it, that proves that there’s some kind of loop within the rules of the compatibility of his magic and the energy properties of chaos emeralds that he discovered and used that to his advantage. Heh… but I guess we’re at least lucky that he didn’t have the strength to do more than 2 gems with that power, right?”

“But that doesn't really matter, now does it?” said Solar Dusk, “That process may have taken a total strain on my magic, but it was all worth it to get up to this point. Thanks to the power I now draw from these princesses, you all stand no chance!”

“Yes… yes!” shouted Eggman proudly, “Now that’s how you do a proper gloating speech! Couldn’t have done it better myself!”

“Yes… thank you soooo much for that advice,” said Solar Dusk sarcastically.

Twilight’s friend, Rarity suddenly came up to her and softly said, “I sure hope you have a contingency plan, Darling. If not, we're done for.”

“What else are we supposed to do?” said Twilight worryingly, “We're surrounded, our chaos emerald is gone, Solar Dusk has Celestia and Luna on his side and he has obtained more power than he's ever had before! I-I-I suppose we could try the Elements of Harmony, but something tells me that they wouldn't be much help right now.”

Solar Dusk then turned his evil glare back at Cream and smirked he gloated, “I’m afraid your little plan to stop me has failed you, little rabbit girl. Kinda bites, doesn’t it?”

Cream was just standing there with her head down and her fists clenched; and she was lightly crying feeling terrible from Solar Dusk’s words.

“But then again, we both should’ve known that it was inevitable in the end. But “A” for effort of besting me twice now. Well, I think we all know what happens next. You will all stand down, surrender to me, and then maybe I don’t have to draw blood on these grounds. Either way, the outcome will be the same.”

Things were already bad for Cream and all of her friends. But when things seemed to go up for them, things went from bad to worse. All they could do was stand there in defense wondering what to do. But with Celestia and Luna on Solar Dusk’s control now, what chance did they have?

But suddenly after being silent for a while, Fluttershy finally spoke up and shouted...

“No!”

All was silent again as all eyes were on her; and Solar Dusk scowled at saying, “What?”

Fluttershy was still slightly shaking, but she mustered up the courage to look Solar Dusk straight in the eye and said, “D-don’t sell yourself short, mister! W-we’re not surrendering to anyone, because… u-us heroes never give up! Right, Sonic?”

Like everyone else, Sonic looked pretty shocked of Fluttershy’s outburst. But he then he just smirked and responded, “Heh… last time I checked, that was correct.”

“All of us here have had just about enough of this! You give ponies like us a bad name! So what if you’ve taken control of two of our powerful leaders… a-and obtained more power than you have ever acquired; but do you really think… that we’re just going to just kneel and bow down to you like some sort of king?!”

“Isn’t... she suppose to be the shy one of these six ponies?” Tails whispered to Amy.

“Not today she isn’t,” Amy responded with a smirk of her own.

“We’re not going to be bested by you anymore! Celestia and Luna are our rulers… and our friends; and we’re going to get them back one way or another! As it was said to you before… our friendship… makes us more powerful than you could ever dream of being. You’re the one who is going to lose to us; do you hear me?!”

There was something in Fluttershy’s tone during her rant that was making Solar Dusk and Eggman feel a little uneasy; or maybe it was because of her stare as well. Angel was looking up at them wearing a little smirk and chuckling under his breath.

“Wow, Miss Shy…” said Cream with a shocked expression, “that was... so cool! I can't believe of how you just burst out to Solar Dusk like that.”

‘Chao!’

“It was nothing,” Fluttershy chuckled while blushing a bit, “I wanted to get that off of my chest for a while now. I feel much better.”

Twilight and all of her other friends’ mouths were hanging open and were feeling surprised of Fluttershy raising her voice like that in the midst of danger. But then again, they remembered her talking down to a dragon; so they figured that she could express herself louder when she needs to.

“Well, girls,” said Twilight with smile, “what do you say to that?”

“I think it's pretty obvious,” said Rainbow Dash, “If Fluttershy can get herself to not be terrified before Solar Dusk, then so can we!”

“O-o-oh, you got it wrong,” said Fluttershy while slightly shaking, “I’m s-s-still dreadfully terrified, but… I refuse… to let it get in my way… of protecting my friends. We need to stop him right now… before he hurts anypony else.”

Suddenly, Sonic and his friends came up closer and stood with Fluttershy and her friends. There was no way they were going to let them have all the fun.

“And the same goes for us as well,” said Tails, “Just giving up when hope seems lost just isn’t our our style.”

“Yeah. Emerald or no emerald, I’m still going to bash some bot heads,” said Knuckles strongly.

“We got your backsides, girls,” said Amy while flaunting her hammer around, “We’ll keep on fighting all the way to the end!”

Twilight lightly smile seeing that everyone was still on board to fight on despite their chances. “Then let's do it!”

Up on the top balcony, Eggman was stroking his mustache feeling puzzled of what was going on, “Hmm. It doesn’t seem like any of them are going to surrender. I thought for sure that they would give up at this point; but hey, I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. This is so like them, am I right?”

Solar Dusk was becoming more irritated than he already was. None of them were no longer frozen in fear, and they were planning to stop him anyway. “Are you all complete, idiotic fools?! Are you seriously going to continue resisting against me?! I have gained control of your two princesses and their magic and have a huge army with no emerald to assist you! Are you not aware of how hopeless your situation is?! You can’t win!”

“Sorry, Solar Dusk,” said Twilight, “but I’m afraid that there’s nothing you can do to bring us down anymore. Go ahead and try to capture us again if you, want, but don’t expect things to be as easy for you again. The power of friendship will prevail this day!”

It was then that Solar Dusk was finally fed up and shouted in rage, “Fine then! If you all wish to just throw your lives away just like that, then so be it; it won’t matter to me anyway! Whether you surrender or fall by my power, the outcome will be the same either way!”

Now that the enemy forces were about to attack, Twilight said to everyone, “Alright; everyone know what to do here?”

“I do! I do!” shouted Pinkie, “While Sonic and the others take care of the robots and the soldiers, we the six ponies will have a rematch our robot doubles and show them who is really better… US!”

“This isn’t going to be easy though,” said Tails while adjusting a laser pistol of his, “There are hundreds of robots and pony soldiers here, and they’re all possessed by Solar Dusk’s dark magic. Without a chaos emerald, this will make our job that much harder.”

“Man up, Tails!” Sonic chuckled as he patted Tails on his shoulder “We can take care of these guys without a chaos emerald!”

They were all prepared for a huge battle. However, Solar Dusk hadn’t made a move as he was deep in thought of what to do next.

“So… um, what your next plan of attack?” said Eggman hesitantly, “I’m guessing that you’re going to save the trouble of their resistance and send in these two princesses to end this once and for all, right?”

“No,” said Solar Dusk calmly in a dark tone, “doing so would be sympathetic; and I’m done showing any sympathy to these fools. They’ve gotten in my way enough times now and they still choose to resist against me. So I’m going to draw this out as long as I can and make them suffer for their choice.”

“Ooh, I see,” Eggman chuckled with delight, “You’re going to let them tire themselves out on the battlefield. And when the time is right, that is when you will strike. A cheap and very retro tactic, but I like it!”

“As do I.”

Solar Dusk then used his magic to gain his control on the robots and pony guards and commanded, “Attention my slaves, take those fools down! But if they resist too much… destroy them.”

On that cue, all of the robots and the controlled pony guards were on the offensive and were about to attack. But luckily, everyone saw Celestia and Luna pull back beside Solar Dusk and Eggman; and they knew that could only mean one thing.

“Looks like Solar Dusk and that Egg guy are holdin’ off the princesses fer now,” said Applejack, “Lucky us.”

“I guess he wants to tire us out with this army first before he does that,” Rarity stated, “He’s still underestimating us, isn’t he?”

But suddenly, all of the enemy forces began to charge at them from all sides. Strangely though, the robot clones of Twilight and her friends stayed where they were expecting for their opponents to come to them.

“Here we go!” Twilight shouted, “Cover for us, guys!”

“As you command!” said Sonic

Sonic and his friends did their thing and used their skills to plow through crowd of enemies in front of them; but they were careful to not damage the pony guards too much. Twilight and the others were following right behind them as they cleared path to their robot clones. Once on the other side of the crowd, Knuckles shouted…

“There’s your opening! Go now!”

Twilight and her friends heard and rushed past them to go after their opponents. But suddenly, Cream stepped out and called out to Fluttershy, “Miss Shy, please… be careful!”

Fluttershy stopped and turned to her with a smile and said, “Don’t worry about me, Cream; go help your friends! We’ll be back to assist you guys as soon as we can... I promise!”

Then with that, she took off after friends. Cream then turned to her chao friend, Cheese showing a strong determined expression and said, “Up to breaking more metal, Cheese?”

Cheese was more than ready.

‘Chao chao chao chao!”

As Sonic and his friends began fight through the crowd, an extra player entered the fray as Metal Sonic came swooping down from above almost catching Sonic off-guard who had quickly dodged at the last minute.

“Wow, seriously? You’re going after me a third time? Trust me, man; up to this point, you’re better off being infused with Solar’s dark magic.”

“Silence!” shouted the robot clone in anger, “I will make these castle grounds your grave!”

“Blah blah blah, yada yada yada and all that. You want to waste my time again, then be my guest!”

Meanwhile… Twilight and her friends were now at a standing face-off with their robotic clones; the Mecha Six. They remembered everything that happened in their last fight against them and mostly knew what to expect. They weren't planning to be defeated this time.mostly knew what to expect. They weren’t going to allow themselves to be beaten again.

“Well well, look at what we have here, girls,” said Rainbow Dash in a mocking tone, “It’s a small group of scrap metal... or at least they’re going to be!”

“Oooooooooooooooh, burn!” Pinkie added.

“Ah yes, that was a rather clever burn, Rainbow Dash,” said Rarity.

“Come on; focus, girls!” Twilight exclaimed, “we don’t want to be caught off guard by them again. We have to overpower Solar Dusk’s dark magic and defeat them somehow. They may look like us, and have the same abilities as us, but that’s it.”

“Don’t forget about the cutiemarks,” Spike added, “They have those too.”

“Trust me, Twilight,” said Applejack as she was stretching out her joints, “These robot fakes got nothin’ on us. Lets show them wut the real bearers of the Elements can do!”

Angel was on top of Fluttershy’s head glaring at the Fluttershy robot clone and was slightly growling while pointing at it in a threatening way. Fluttershy just chuckled and told him, “Careful, Angel. Make sure to not over-exausted yourself.”

After facing-off for a few more seconds, Twilight suddenly commanded, “Let’s do this!”

Twilight and all of her friends took off forward, and their mecha counterparts suddenly did the same. Each of them had separated their opponents from each other and were focus on the task at hand. They each had nothing more but the moral support from each other and the friendship bond they shared; and with that, they knew that they couldn’t lose.

Author's Note:

Pretty heavy, right?
Next time... Mane 6 -vs- Mecha 6!